Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry (44746 Views)

What Do You Think About TB Joshua's 2016 Prophecy / The Uncut Truth about Tb Joshua prophecy of the Worldwide Protests? / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by sniperwolf(m): 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2012
Indifferent
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by hardbody: 2:49pm On Mar 01, 2012
@ CRETIN.S

All that Tu Berculosis Joshua does is what in corporate parlance we call Corporate Social Responsibilty. The Companies, after making stupendous money from the host community becomes 'legally compelled' to give a little back in return. I am not excited about what y'll claim the guy is doing, like the rest of them, he too is a scammer. Period. And by teh way, I am not an atheist, I believe in God, Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit. THese guys do not represent the truth i have known from infancy.
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by andyanders: 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2012
@beeke

I did not say T.B Joshua is God. He heals in the name of Jesus Christ. Note also that I did not say, that T.B Joshua acknowledges that he is the healer. He is an instrument of God. He passes ALL Glory to God Almighty. We are talking of TB Joshua and people's opinion who he is.

My brother, note, I did not say he is God. When you follow his teaching and with your faith trusting in God and believing that Jesus Christ is the healer as the man of God, T.B Joshua says, That Jesus is the healer not him , you will be delivered of your problems.
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2012
God bless him for his good work
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2012
all that healing- pure drama worse than nollywood all that philatropy publicity stunt tongue
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by karpentar: 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2012
Dear Sirs,

I am writing in regard to your article (02/25/01) on the prophet T.B. Joshua entitled MIRACLE MAN. As a Christian Pastor and teacher I am concerned about some of the aspects of this prophet's ministry which are either unreported or perhaps unappreciated for their significance.

In the light of the fact that we believe we are living in the last days before Jesus' return, and that one of the warnings Jesus gave us was that immediately before that time there would arise "False prophets", who would be able to perform "signs and wonders so that if possible they would be able to deceive even the very elect", it is extremely important that we be all the more discerning.

I don't know Pastor Joshua's heart. Indeed, it seems to be that he is a very sincere man living a simple lifestyle. Rather than taking money constantly (as a good many of the celebrated televangelists do) there are stories of T.B. Joshua's generosity to the poor who struggle to come to him for healing. Nonetheless, we are told to be discerning in our evaluation of anything which claims to be "of God".

"Try the Spirits to see whether they be of God" (I John 4). There are several caveats I offer to those who are seeking discernment regarding these phenomena,

o On a French television interview, Prophet Joshua said that he had received this 'gift' at birth. In God's word, the true Gifts of the Spirit of God are not bestowed at birth to anyone - see 1 Cor:12-14. One must first be converted to Christ to have God's Spirit indwelling one - and even then the gifts are distributed "as the Spirit wills".

o Transubstantiation - On videotape distributed by the Synagogue of all Nations, a "Blood of Jesus " service was shown. It consisted of the Prophet Joshua blessing a huge tank of water, touching each of twelve running spigots, proclaiming them to now be "the blood of Jesus". The congregation Were then shown rushing forward, pushing and pulling among themselves, seeking to get to those spigots first, that they might drink, splash, and in some cases even shower in "the blood of Jesus". This is perhaps the most disturbing aspect of it all as it turns the Biblical doctrine of the blood of Jesus (His vicarious death) into a sensuous, superstitious experience. No Priest or Prophet can turn any substance into the blood of Jesus - that is more akin to paganism and magic than Christianity. The blood of Jesus was shed as a sacrifice to God the Father, not as a potion to be splashed and bathed in!

o False separation between the Sheep and the goats- In addition to the other antics at the blasphemous "Blood of Jesus " service, as the people pushed, pulled and shoved forward to participate in the so-called blood, those who had "agents of Satan", were put into a demonic frenzy, rolling on the ground, through the muck and mire (more on that next) screaming and
moaning in agony. There is demon possession indeed, but one would look in vain anywhere in the scriptures to find any deliverance service remotely resembling this so called "Blood of Jesus" service. Joshua proclaimed this as the" separation of the sheep and the goats", which actually takes place at Judgment Day.

o There is also a degrading and even humiliating aspect to these healings. When Christ healed it was in a dignified manner. True man is below, God is above, but man is not "Nothing", he is made "In the Image of God". In the Joshua videotape, released by the Synagogue, men with rectal cancer are asked to take down their pants, before others, both before and after the healing. A woman is made to bare her breasts, one showing cancer, and stands in front of a mixed assembly in the agony of her pain. As the healing progresses, her breast is seen oozing puss onto her dress and flowing down to make a puddle on the floor.

People are seen "Vomiting their troubles away" on the floor. Some vomit blood, others vomit rocks, shells, large worms and live insects. There is no scripture for this. Where did Jesus or His apostles ever do any such things? Yes these stains can be seen on the floor, the very spots where people vomited blood, and where women are seen on camera passing bloody "fibroids" from between their legs! And then on this same floor, people are put into trances, laid out on that same floor, (you can see the spots) and those in trances are seen rolling about in those spots.

Remote control- T.B. Joshua uses a technique called "remote control". Standing about ten feet away from "patients", with hand motions he manipulates their motions: By scooting his hands to the left, the patient seems irresistibly drawn to the left; and to the right, the patient goes to the right; by circling his hands, Joshua sends the patient into a circle, often until they spiral out of control, falling into a dazed heap! Once again, this method is more akin to occult healing practices than it is to Biblical healing and in the compassionate manner of Jesus Christ.

Another similar technique is called "point of contact". For example, the bare-breasted woman suffering in agony from cancer, before the congregation, Joshua stands about 15 feet away, and rubs his chin vigorously, This then evidently affects her cancerous breast, in some way. In contrast, the healing of the woman with the issue of blood in Luke 8:44, simply touched Jesus and was healed!

o Calling Fire from heaven - Joshua has the power to call fire from heaven upon the body parts of sinning members of his congregation! A woman in the video is seen clutching her private parts in agony as Joshua's fire cleanses her of the sin. This causes mild amusement of others in the audience. It does not bring fear of God! We are told in the book of Revelation that the false prophet calls fire from heaven to the amazement of those under delusion!

o Joshua has strange beliefs. For example, he is a vegetarian : he told an interviewer that many of the people he ministers to in the area of deliverance are "Half fish and half man". In another interview, he said that "the divine person" within him can appear to thousands simultaneously, even coming to them in their dreams! This is not Biblical or Christian!

In closing, I don't pretend to know Joshua's motivation; by all accounts he seems to be a very sincere man. However sincerity is no safeguard against deception. I am sure Edgar Cayce, Jean Dixon and countless other prophets, who by Christian, Biblical standards would have to be regarded as False, were equally sincere and unassuming. There are countless warnings in scripture
about the emergence of False Prophets and teachers who like Pharaoh's magicians, withstood and hindered the true gospel by means of signs, wonders and miracles. Just because Joshua seems to be able to produce "results", doesn't make him a man of God, nor should we go there. The end does not justify the means. The very idea of having to go to Nigeria to receive a healing, or a miracle, or a Word from God, is unscriptural.

"Jesus Christ is the same, Yesterday, Today, and forever". He is as closer to us today as our breath, for "Whosoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved".

We at Moriel Teaching Ministries SA will happily verify these claims by providing access to the video we have cited here today. Any one needing further clarification can contact us.

Sincerely, Pastor Bill Randles
(Reply to YOU magazine following an article. Note: Even Radio Pulpit is promoting him)
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by enyojo(f): 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2012
RUBBBISSSH THREAD!!!
MY-PASTOR-BETA-PASS-UR-OWN SYNDROME

TB Ko? Tuba** Ni
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by luckize: 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
physical feelings can never clarify spiritual things for me I'll only advice You guys forget this issue so we won't sin against GOD cos of one man
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by dare2think: 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2012
enyojo:

[s]MY-PASTOR-BETA-PASS-UR-OWN SYNDROME[/s]

Correction.

My delusion is better than your delusion! syndrome!
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by noskeybaba: 3:25pm On Mar 01, 2012
I am a Catholic but the only
protestant Man of God I have
regard for is TB Josua.He is in
another class than the others.He
is truly doing the work of God by
serving Humanity.Not all those
ego and business Pastors going
round while church memebers
out do one another to get
noticed.

[b]I STRONGLY DOUBT U ARE A CATHOLIC. IF U WERE, U WOULD KNW A NATIVE DOCTOR IN DISGUISE WHEN U SEE ONE.[b]
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by beeke(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2012
andyanders:

@beeke

I did not say T.B Joshua is God. He heals in the name of Jesus Christ. Note also that I did not say, that T.B Joshua acknowledges that he is the healer. He is an instrument of God. He passes ALL Glory to God Almighty. We are talking of TB Joshua and people's opinion who he is.

My brother, note, I did not say he is God. When you follow his teaching and with your faith trusting in God and believing that Jesus Christ is the healer as the man of God, T.B Joshua says, That Jesus is the healer not him , you will be delivered of your problems.
And you in turn passes the glory to him even without knowing it please go back to your previous comment which i quoted see d highlighted parts and you will realized that you have so over crossed the line that you cant even see it
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by onyekapray: 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2012
Why dont we have more Synagogue Churches here in Nigeria. Have any bothered to know why? So please I expect us Christians to keep praying that our eyes be opened.
It is clear that there are a lot of false prophets in Nigeria and the word of God is clear on matters like this and I must assure you that we are in the end time and the very elect are being deceived day by day with their quest for miracles.
I usually tell people that it is your covenant right to have signs and wonders following you as a believer and there is no reason for you running from one prayer house to the other when in the actual sense you can pray anywhere and have your prayer answered.
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by santanovva(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2012
@Karpenter:TB is not a subject I like commenting about but based on personal experience (far back before he became †ђξ  big-screen personality),you have spoken very well.

I rest my case but for those still bent. On 'idolising' TB try doing some snooping into his past,his begining at †ђξ  Old site of †ђξ  church at Cele bustop ikotun egbe,Lagos and his plethora of false doctrines (Spiritual passports,etc)

I take my leave
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by niddamugu(m): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2012
sniperwolf:

Indifferent
Yea same here.

But can somebody tell us who his mentors are?
Who gave (spiritual) birth to him?
Who are his brethren? (from the same spiritual father)
Where are they?

We know Oritsejafor, Omobude, Oyedepo, even (controversial) Oyakhilome and the likes - children of Idahosa (blessed memory)
Baba Adeboye - Late Pa Akindayomi (Founder of RCCG)
Oyedepo (Winners) - Directly ordained by Baba Adeboye (RCCG)
Idahosa (blessed memory) - Mentored by Pastor Okpo (most likely from Assemblies of God Church), Oral Roberts, T. L. Osborn
Tunde Bakare - from Kumuyi (Deeper Life)
Daniel Olukoya (MFM) - from CAC (Ayo Babalola)
All these are subject to verification and confirmation. But where do we place TB Joshua?

In all these, I still remain indifferent - only time would reveal the truth - Acts 5v34-39
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by andyanders: 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2012
@beeke

Elisha in the bible took the mantle from Elijah. Till date, people recognizes him as a great prophet The person here is Prophet T.B Joshua as a subject matter by the poster. He was seeking people's opinion about this great man of God.As I stated, I said, he is a true son of God. Does that make me see him OR equal him to God? No. Jesus said that those who do what His father in heaven asks us to do are the sons and daughters of God. And same bile said, let us be the light of the world. Since T.B Joshua is doing what the father in heaven asked us to due, he is a true representative of God's image here on earth. Let others follow same way and see how this whole entire world will be.

Anybody can say what he or she likes, but should note, touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. We have seen people who come here and claim that they are Jesus. When have seen people who claim to be God himself and their end. This man of God T.B Joshua NEVER EVER claimed that he is God. He NEVER claimed he is Jesus. He never claimed he is the Holy spirit. He heals in the name of Jesus Christ. He returns all glory to God Almighty and Jesus as he said, that Jesus is the healer and not T.B Joshua.
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by Okijajuju1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2012
@ Topic

This is why I love this Man called T.B Joshua. .

He is just in a league of his own. Truly, he hasnt forgotten his humble beginnings.

Now on the question of why other pastors and PFN dont recognize him, its strictly beef.

You can compare the Church hussle to the Rap Game. When a new musician comes out on the block and starts moving more records than you, you know you've got competition and the only way to crush the competition is to either do a Tupac Shakur on the mutha, or do a diss track or do a collabo. . .

Now!! T.B Joshua was a junior hussler back in the days. Nobody took the nigga seriously. He stuck to the underground and kept putting out miracles (church version of mixtapes). He never over stepped his boundaries and stuck to yoruba language. .  Then he met some white producers who watched him do his thing and found out that his brand could be harnessed and turned into a global phenomenon. So they approached him and gave him some ideas. . . He started working on his english (Church version of studio time). . .

Then all of a sudden, he was rebranded and launched into the big leagues with mad miracles that made even the leader of the game then (Oyakhilome Chris) be like DARN!!  shocked 

Prior to the launching of T.B Josh a.k.a New-kid-on-the-block, the leader was Chris Oyakhilome with his hit album "TOTAL EXPERIENCE". Chris had it all, nice wardrobe, bad arse lyrics, sweet back up dancers/pastors and a hand that performed some decent Miracles. .

Now T.B comes into the game, starts dropping hits every Sunday with bad arse miracles. .  People didnt have to wait for a crusade to recieve miracles. .  He then added some spot on prediction skills as well, Bookies and gamblers started attendeding his concerts church, like that wasnt bad enough, he launched his own T.V network (which prior to his only Oyakhilome had one), then went above and beyond with mind boggling acts of philantropy.

Then the beef started. . . PFN and CAN immediately start the beef by dissing him on MTV newspapers and magazines. .  Still Josh wouldnt respond and keeps dropping even bigger miracles. .  Then he steps his game up by trying to join their record label group; PFN and CAN records, they refuse and tagged him the devil . .  So he goes back to Synagogue records and then drops the Ghana Presidential Prediction record which shot him into super stardom. .  Instantly, Oyakhilome saw that the only way to stay relevant was to do a collabo rather than a diss track . .  Well! This collabo wasnt well recieved by PFN & CAN records. .  One of their major stakeholders named Chris Okotie even took the beef really personal. .  Needless to say, all this hating hasnt stopped my nigga from growing and topping the Church hussle. .  Despite being listed on the top 5 forbes richest Pastors, the Nigga T.B is stil the only Player without a G-V Jet, nor drives around in a flambouyant convoy or has any air of arrogance abouot him . . You can still see the nigga T.B hanging around the neighbourhood where he grew up, taking the church game to the kids on the street and spreading some of his cash to the ghetto kids. . 

Rumour has it that he wants to buy Cash Money Records. . .  grin
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by traeces(m): 5:16pm On Mar 01, 2012
Jesus himself stated clearly in scriptures for his followers not to be carried away by even his own signs.(Jn.1:50). Also the bible variously foretell the appearance of false prophets in the last days who will so demonstrate power and wonders that even the very elect will be at risk.(MATT 24:4,5,24). Since the eternal destiny of our souls is what is at stake here, we must be diligent enough to study the bible for ourselves and know what God requires so that we can look out for the kind of fruits these men's lives bear and not their giftings. This is because fruits are an excellent pointer to the nature, species and kind of a tree whereas gifts are gifts irrespective of the person bearing it and could derive thier origin from either God or the devil. We must be careful as things are not always as they seem.
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by mikeapollo: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
niddamugu:

Yea same here.

But can somebody tell us who his mentors are?
Who gave (spiritual) birth to him?
Who are his brethren? (from the same spiritual father)
Where are they?

We know Oritsejafor, Omobude, Oyedepo, even (controversial) Oyakhilome and the likes - children of Idahosa (blessed memory)
Baba Adeboye - Late Pa Akindayomi (Founder of RCCG)
Oyedepo (Winners) - Directly ordained by Baba Adeboye (RCCG)
Idahosa (blessed memory) - Mentored by Pastor Okpo (most likely from Assemblies of God Church), Oral Roberts, T. L. Osborn
Tunde Bakare - from Kumuyi (Deeper Life)
Daniel Olukoya (MFM) - from CAC (Ayo Babalola)
All these are subject to verification and confirmation. But where do we place TB Joshua?

In all these, I still remain indifferent - only time would reveal the truth - Acts 5v34-39

Please, in response to your questions, can you please tell me the mentors of:
1. Moses
2.Elijah
3.John The Baptist
4.Jeremiah
5.Daniel

, You are talking as if God must always use another man to mentor His prophet before He can annoint and commission the prophet for His work and Glory. The same reason the Pharisees rejected Jesus because they did not know how He started or got His commission from.

God uses His prophets in different ways for different purposes at times.
When God wants to mould and use you in a special way for His Glory alone, He would bring you out of the mud, clean you up and make you what he wants you to be. Why do you think TB Joshua was not able to achieve all his human aspirations as a young boy, even though he was brilliant in school? God made it so, so that He alone could take the glory, and not share it with any mentor that could corrupt His glory
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by mikeapollo: 5:59pm On Mar 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

@ Topic

He is just in a league of his own. Truly, he hasnt forgotten his humble beginnings.

Now on the question of why other pastors and PFN dont recognize him, its strictly beef.

You can compare the Church hussle to the Rap Game. When a new musician comes out on the block and starts moving more records than you, you know you've got competition and the only way to crush the competition is to either do a Tupac Shakur on the mutha, or do a diss track or do a collabo. . .

Now!! T.B Joshua was a junior hussler back in the days. Nobody took the nigga seriously. He stuck to the underground and kept putting out miracles (church version of mixtapes). He never over stepped his boundaries and stuck to yoruba language. .  Then he met some white producers who watched him do his thing and found out that his brand could be harnessed and turned into a global phenomenon. So they approached him and gave him some ideas. . . He started working on his english (Church version of studio time). . .

Then all of a sudden, he was rebranded and launched into the big leagues with mad miracles that made even the leader of the game then (Oyakhilome Chris) be like DARN!!  shocked 

Prior to the launching of T.B Josh a.k.a New-kid-on-the-block, the leader was Chris Oyakhilome with his hit album "TOTAL EXPERIENCE". Chris had it all, nice wardrobe, bad arse lyrics, sweet back up dancers/pastors and a hand that performed some decent Miracles. .

Now T.B comes into the game, starts dropping hits every Sunday with bad arse miracles. .  People didnt have to wait for a crusade to recieve miracles. .  He then added some spot on prediction skills as well, Bookies and gamblers started attendeding his concerts church, like that wasnt bad enough, he launched his own T.V network (which prior to his only Oyakhilome had one), then went above and beyond with mind boggling acts of philantropy.

Then the beef started. . . PFN and CAN immediately start the beef by dissing him on MTV newspapers and magazines. .  Still Josh wouldnt respond and keeps dropping even bigger miracles. .  Then he steps his game up by trying to join their record label group; PFN and CAN records, they refuse and tagged him the devil . .  So he goes back to Synagogue records and then drops the Ghana Presidential Prediction record which shot him into super stardom. .  Instantly, Oyakhilome saw that the only way to stay relevant was to do a collabo rather than a diss track . .  Well! This collabo wasnt well recieved by PFN & CAN records. .  One of their major stakeholders named Chris Okotie even took the beef really personal. .  Needless to say, all this hating hasnt stopped my nigga from growing and topping the Church hussle. .  Despite being listed on the top 5 forbes richest Pastors, the Nigga T.B is stil the only Player without a G-V Jet, nor drives around in a flambouyant convoy or has any air of arrogance abouot him . . You can still see the nigga T.B hanging around the neighbourhood where he grew up, taking the church game to the kids on the street and spreading some of his cash to the ghetto kids. . 

Rumour has it that he wants to buy Cash Money Records. . . .

You seem to have  some fair knowledge of some of the politics and hypocrisy in the PFN.

However, you got some other issues totally wrong:

1. God had been using TB Joshua to perform mircales since as far back as 1989 when he started his ministry

2.T.B. Joshua NEVER applied to be a member of PFN.

3.The antagony/attacks against TB Joshua started long before now. It started in the early 90s with a lot of pentecostal churches(led by Idahosa) organising some senseless prayer sessions against his ministry

4. In 1995, Idahosa granted an interview in which he vowed to 'stop TB Joshua or lose my life'. He was fighting without understanding the  mighty annointing in TB Joshua's life. He even described TB Joshua as someone that was not good enough to be his(Idahosa's) driveRr, , pure arrogance. He died shortly after he made those careless statements

5. TB Joshua has been into philantrophy long before now. He has been giving cash to members of the church and visitors all along, but he just decided to do more as he receives more from God. He gave out the first sets of vehicle to poor members of his church, at a time he had no vehicles!

6.TB Joshua had prophesied all these things to his church memeber almost 20 years ago! All the global awakening to his church, the building of the new magnificient structure, the philantropy etc had been prophesied for ages by himself
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by mployer(m): 6:04pm On Mar 01, 2012
@ Topic

Now!! T.B Joshua was a junior hussler back in the days. Nobody took the nigga seriously. He stuck to the underground and kept putting out miracles (church version of mixtapes). He never over stepped his boundaries and stuck to yoruba language. . Then he met some white producers who watched him do his thing and found out that his brand could be harnessed and turned into a global phenomenon. So they approached him and gave him some ideas. . . He started working on his english (Church version of studio time). . .

Then all of a sudden, he was rebranded and launched into the big leagues with mad miracles that made even the leader of the game then (Oyakhilome Chris) be like DARN!! Shocked

Now T.B comes into the game, starts dropping hits every Sunday with bad arse miracles. . People didnt have to wait for a crusade to recieve miracles. . He then added some spot on prediction skills as well, Bookies and gamblers started attendeding his concerts church, like that wasnt bad enough, he launched his own T.V network (which prior to his only Oyakhilome had one), then went above and beyond with mind boggling acts of philantropy.

Then the beef started. . . PFN and CAN immediately start the beef by dissing him on MTV newspapers and magazines. . Still Josh wouldnt respond and keeps dropping even bigger miracles. . Then he steps his game up by trying to join their record label group; PFN and CAN records, they refuse and tagged him the devil . . So he goes back to Synagogue records and then drops the Ghana Presidential Prediction record which shot him into super stardom. . Instantly, Oyakhilome saw that the only way to stay relevant was to do a collabo rather than a diss track . . Well! This collabo wasnt well recieved by PFN & CAN records. . One of their major stakeholders named Chris Okotie even took the beef really personal. . Needless to say, all this hating hasnt stopped my nigga from growing and topping the Church hussle. . Despite being listed on the top 5 forbes richest Pastors, the Nigga T.B is stil the only Player without a G-V Jet, nor drives around in a flambouyant convoy or has any air of arrogance abouot him . . You can still see the nigga T.B hanging around the neighbourhood where he grew up, taking the church game to the kids on the street and spreading some of his cash to the ghetto kids. .

Rumour has it that he wants to buy Cash Money Records. . . Grin

grin grin grin May God forgive you.

1 Like

Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 01, 2012
oboyee, enough of the bickering, christians make una go chop ya own! me sef don apply to synagogue for a big loan without collateral and no interest to pay whenever i like. If you sharp go and chop ya own.
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by JUO(m): 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2012
God is with him
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by niddamugu(m): 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2012
mikeapollo:

Please, in response to your questions, can you please tell me the mentors of:
1. Moses
2.Elijah
3.John The Baptist
4.Jeremiah
5.Daniel

, You are talking as if God must always use another man to mentor His prophet before He can annoint and commission the prophet for His work and Glory. The same reason the Pharisees rejected Jesus because they did not know how He started or got His commission from.

God uses His prophets in different ways for different purposes at times.
When God wants to mould and use you in a special way for His Glory alone, He would bring you out of the mud, clean you up and make you what he wants you to be. Why do you think TB Joshua was not able to achieve all his human aspirations as a young boy, even though he was brilliant in school? God made it so, so that He alone could take the glory, and not share it with any mentor that could corrupt His glory

Thank you very much at least it shows you have (little?) knowledge of the scriptures. These men you quoted were from the bible of which we all look into for our inspiration.

1.Moses - specific call from God by the burning bush. Read Exo. 2v7-22; Exo.3v1-6; Acts 7v31-35
2. Elijah - Same 1 Kgs. 17v1 and he gave (spiritual) birth to Elisha - 1 Kgs. 19v19
3.John The Baptist - Jesus stated his identity clearly Read Matt. 11v4; Luk 1v13
4.Jeremiah - Called by God from his mother's womb. Read Jer. 1v5
5.Daniel - Read Dan.1v17-20

All these were accounted for and recorded in the Book.

Even Jesus, it was written about him that the Holy Spirit inspired (mentored) him and he also read from the same scriptures - Isa. 61v1-2; Luke 4v18-19. I am not judging TB but I cannot help but ask the same question: who mentored him? Who is his (spiritual) father? Keeping in mind that "manna" stopped falling from heaven.
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by mployer(m): 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2012
hank you very much at least it shows you have (little?Huh) knowledge of the scriptures. These men you quoted
were from the bible of which we all look into for our inspiration.

1.Moses - specific call from God by the burning bush. Read Exo. 2v7-22; Exo.3v1-6; Acts 7v31-35
2. Elijah - Same 1 Kgs. 17v1 and he gave (spiritual) birth to Elisha - 1 Kgs. 19v19
3.John The Baptist - Jesus stated his identity clearly Read Matt. 11v4; Luk 1v13
4.Jeremiah - Called by God from his mother's womb. Read Jer. 1v5
5.Daniel - Read Dan.1v17-20

All these were accounted for and recorded in the Book.

Even Jesus, it was written about him that the Holy Spirit inspired (mentored) him and he also read from the same scriptures - Isa. 61v1-2; Luke 4v18-19. I am not judging TB but I cannot help but ask the same question: who mentored him? Who is his (spiritual) father? Keeping in mind that "manna" stopped falling from heaven.

You failed the question completely. You are required to provide human mentors of these men as you did for others
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by niddamugu(m): 6:50pm On Mar 01, 2012
m-ployer:

hank you very much at least it shows you have (little?Huh) knowledge of the scriptures. These men you quoted
You failed the question completely. You are required to provide human mentors of these men as you did for others

Even though they were not recorded as that in the Book, no Human living and existing today just came like that. He/she must have come from somewhere - that, my brother, is my worry. We are not living in the past, manna ceased to fall as it started in the same wilderness. Today, the technology is sowing and reaping. Where did he "fall" from? Please! Please!! Please!!! I have no personal grudge against TB, but the bible commands every believer to provide evidence of everything - 1 Thes 5v21
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by mikeapollo: 7:06pm On Mar 01, 2012
niddamugu:

Even though they were not recorded as that in the Book, no Human living and existing today just came like that. He/she must have come from somewhere - that, my brother, is my worry. We are not living in the past, manna ceased to fall as it started in the same wilderness. Today, the technology is sowing and reaping. Where did he "fall" from? Please! Please!! Please!!! I have no personal grudge against TB, but the bible commands every believer to provide evidence of everything - 1 Thes 5v21

Did the Bible or Jesus mandate you to know the human mentor of a prophet inorder to confirm his authenticity/genuineness? Are you saying God is no longer capable , for example, of annointing a prophet in the mother's womb like Jeremiah's case? Are you saying the God in the Bible is no longer the God of today? The Bible says by their fruits, you shall know them,
And what do you mean by 'no Human living and existing today just came like that'? Were you there when God made him or pre-destined him to be a prophet?
Are you talking based on the limited human logic or what? How was the world formed, if I may ask you since you seem to know how God decides someones destiny. Tell me you know how God made the sun and moon to rise and set!
TB Joshua has extra-ordinary annointing, even with his limited human education, that is enough for any deep thinking person to know that his commission is direct from God, not any human being.
As it was in the Bible, so it is!
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by niddamugu(m): 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
mikeapollo:

Did the Bible or Jesus mandate you to know the human mentor of a prophet inorder to confirm his authenticity/genuineness? Are you saying God is no longer capable , for example, of annointing a prophet in the mother's womb like Jeremiah's case? Are you saying the God in the Bible is no longer the God of today? The Bible says by their fruits, you shall know them,
And what do you mean by 'no Human living and existing today just came like that'? Were you there when God made him or pre-destined him to be a prophet?
Are you talking based on the limited human logic or what? How was the world formed, if I may ask you since you seem to know how God decides someones destiny. Tell me you know how God made the sun and moon to rise and set!
TB Joshua has extra-ordinary annointing, even with his limited human education, that is enough for any deep thinking person to know that his commission is direct from God, not any human being.
As it was in the Bible, so it is!

My brother, I can see the passion and zeal you have for TB. How I wish you can translate the same to defend the Almighty's course. In any case, the discussion is no more interesting because we have so many people who are busy following "men's word" rather than God's Word. They are so consumed with looking at His Hand (belly and bodily desires) rather than His Face (instructions and admonitions base on his Voice). In all sincerity, the rate at which lazy and idle people (not believers). Please read Acts 17v11 & again 1 Thes 5v21. The Book remains a model to tailor our lives after.
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by mikeapollo: 8:03pm On Mar 01, 2012
niddamugu:

My brother, I can see the passion and zeal you have for TB. How I wish you can translate the same to defend the Almighty's course. In any case, the discussion is no more interesting because we have so many people who are busy following "men's word" rather than God's Word. They are so consumed with looking at His Hand (belly and bodily desires)  rather than His Face (instructions and admonitions base on his Voice). In all sincerity, the rate at which lazy and idle people (not believers). Please read Acts 17v11 & again 1 Thes 5v21. The Book remains a model to tailor our lives after.

Ol boy, it is not about zeal for TB Joshua. It is about using a mundane issue like 'human mentor' to decide who is a real man of God. If you are really interested in God's course, you would be patient and pray/fast for God to reveal everything to you,including TB Joshua's spiritual identity, and not base your convictions/doubts on human mentor.
The bible says faith without works is dead. Jesus did not just preach The Word or quote The Scriptures! He met the needs of the people. That is what TB Joshua is also doing. Do you think Jesus fed people and healed people just for the fun? He used those miracles to cement The Word in their hearts and also eased their pain/hardship by feeding them. You cannot just be preaching, while you are swimming in riches and your followers are hungry and dying!
Following God's Word also includes listening to His prophest, doing His will and obeying His commandments,
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by Olalekan0(m): 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2012
Nigerians and their myopia. So TB Joshua must be ordained or "colonized" by another motal before he's accepted as a man of God? That's sheer ignorance
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by dj5naira(m): 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2012
What People Don't Need To Know About TB Joshua And His Ministry <--- I'll create a thread on this soon.
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by Calradised: 11:44pm On Mar 01, 2012
What about Apostle Paul's mentor?
He had a supernatural experience and Jesus Christ Himself appointed him for the assignment
It was 14 years before Apostle Paul saw any of the other apostles
the fact that he did not have a human mentor to point to does not mean that his experience of God was not genuine

are you saying now that God cannot raise up apostles, men of God and prophets today?

it is our religious minds that have fixed all these rules that a man of God should have this or that
Re: What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry by Nobody: 2:48am On Mar 02, 2012
He's an illusionist!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Owusu Bempah Marries Abena Animah; His 3rd Marriage / "It Is Dangerous Fighting Your Wife" -Mike Bamiloye Tells Men What To Do Instead / Man 'Walks' On Water With His Bare Feet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.