Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? (4645 Views)

Non Nigerians What Do You Blame Nigeria or Nigerians For? / For Non Nigerians, What Made You Join Nairaland? / Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? by Sweatshirt: 2:46pm On Mar 01, 2012
I smoke weed; my mum doesn't know, but why is it that *most* Nigerians, like my mum, think it makes you mad and do violent things?

It really doesn't.
Re: Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:00pm On Mar 01, 2012
Because they are ignorant. . .some Nigerians need to hit it sometimes and maybe they will loosen up!
Re: Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? by abadaba(m): 12:02am On Mar 02, 2012
Sweatshirt:

I smoke weed; my mum doesn't know, but why is it that *most* Nigerians, like my mum, think it makes you mad and do violent things?

It really doesn't.
It is an illegal substance. You may go to jail if you are caught in possession of it. Nigerian prisons are death traps and you may die while in prison. If you survive prison, you may go blind or have one illnes or the other.
Be useful to your life and society by remaining legal. Or have you dug your grave already and waiting to die?.
Re: Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? by ifyalways(f): 11:43am On Mar 02, 2012
Nothing wrong with weed as long as you know and are able to handle its effect on your body and soul without taking leave of your senses.

Nri priest,so iwu onye oku?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:44pm On Mar 02, 2012
Ify,gini ka ichezii ? Anokata egbuo anwuru ka udo wee dikwa!
Re: Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? by TisaBone: 9:16am On Mar 03, 2012
weed is bad because you don't know who you can trust, and what people will put in your weed.

wets- weed laced with embalming fluid

woolahs/primoes-weed laced with crack cocaine

weed laced with pcp

weed that is laced with lord knows what else

a friend told me about her cousin who smoked some bad weed and he has never been the same since. now he is in a nursing home because he is a living breathing vegetable.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? by naijamerican: 6:12am On Mar 10, 2012
Weed is fine. It has been used for 1000's of years by a multitude of different cultures and will likely continue to be cultivated for many years to come. If you live in America, or Europe there are many reputable places you can get weed safely. If you live in Nigeria, grow some weed in your compound and smoke it. You will enjoy it!

Weed aka igbo aka ganja is a fantastic plant and has many medicinal uses. It can be used as a pain reliever, an anti-anxiety agent, and anti-nausea agent, a mood stabilizer, and appetite stimulant, even an anti-hypertensive agent in certain populations. Furthermore, it is EXTREMELY SAFE, non addicting, and nearly impossible to overdose. Cigarettes, alcohol, and especially cocaine and other stimulants are FAR more dangerous than weed ever could be.

Outside of ingestion or consumption, hemp has many industrial uses as well. Hemp (the fiber component of weed) can be made into numerous items from textiles, to fabric, to even certain types of machinery.

Smoke some igbo, put on some Chief Osita Osadibe, and enjoy life. God has blessed us all with ganja. Dont allow people to use backward ideals to convince you otherwise.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? by Ybutterfly: 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^WHOOO CARESSSS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
naijamerican: Weed is fine. It has been used for 1000's of years by a multitude of different cultures and will likely continue to be cultivated for many years to come. If you live in America, or Europe there are many reputable places you can get weed safely. If you live in Nigeria, grow some weed in your compound and smoke it. You will enjoy it!

Weed aka igbo aka ganja is a fantastic plant and has many medicinal uses. It can be used as a pain reliever, an anti-anxiety agent, and anti-nausea agent, a mood stabilizer, and appetite stimulant, even an anti-hypertensive agent in certain populations. Furthermore, it is EXTREMELY SAFE, non addicting, and nearly impossible to overdose. Cigarettes, alcohol, and especially cocaine and other stimulants are FAR more dangerous than weed ever could be.

Outside of ingestion or consumption, hemp has many industrial uses as well. Hemp (the fiber component of weed) can be made into numerous items from textiles, to fabric, to even certain types of machinery.

Smoke some igbo, put on some Chief Osita Osadibe, and enjoy life. God has blessed us all with ganja. Dont allow people to use backward ideals to convince you otherwise.
dude you nailed it
Re: Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? by benELOHIM7(m): 11:36am On Sep 16, 2014
ur correctness gets me emotional
ifyalways: Nothing wrong with weed as long as you know and are able to handle its effect on your body and soul without taking leave of your senses.

Nri priest,so iwu onye oku?

Re: Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? by Herapal(m): 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
In walks the MaryJane suitor. The pot enthusiast. The analyst herbalist.

(1) (Reply)

Learning German / Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos / A History Of Naked Protests By African Women [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.