Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black (4631 Views)

Gov Polls: EFCC Arrests INEC Chiefs For Taking N675m In Bribes / Biafra: Obasanjo, ‘kettle Calling Pot Black’, Says Achuzia / Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by gulfer: 8:33am On Mar 02, 2012
The law caught up with an officer of the Lagos State Kick Against Indiscipline (KAI), on Wednesday night, when a police officer seized his cell phone for allegedly taking bribe from a bread seller.

The drama took place on the premises of Motorway building on the Lagos Ibadan Expressway, Oregun, Ikeja, and threw the area into confusion as the two KAI officers, who had come to arrest street hawkers fled to save themselves from being mobbed. 

The police officer, Mr A. Abdulahi, who was attached to the building, said that he had seized the mobile phone because the KAI officers could not provide the receipt of the alleged money they took from one Mrs Josephine Mbanefo.

According to him, the KAI officers had stormed the car park belonging to Motorway to arrest food vendors without seeking permission from the private security and the policemen attached to the area.

As part of his effort to forestall the breakdown of law in the area, the police had intervened and had to seize the mobile phone pending when the KAI officers would produce receipt of the money collected from Mbanefo.

Speaking, Mbanefo, who sells bread at the park, alleged that two KAI officers apprehended her while selling bread loaded in her car. She said that the officers drove her to the KAI unit, Alausa, where they collected N12,000 from her.

She stated that the officers refused to give her receipt for the money she paid, but instructed her to write an undertaking not to sell in the place anymore.

According to Mbanefo, the KAI officers also seized her car key, but released it after she had paid N1,000 as gate fee at the KAI office.
However, another set of KAI officers, assisted by the state Task Force on Environmental and Special Offences, returned to the scene two hours later to collect the mobile phone, but they were resisted by securitymen who wanted them to provide the receipt of the N12,000.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/36949-policeman-seizes-kai-officers-phone-for-taking-bribe
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 02, 2012
In my opinion, that policeman did the right and noble thing. I have been looking for just one noble policeman who would do the right thing and this guy did so. His act should be commended.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 02, 2012
Good news but kinda strange thO, hope other policemen would learn from this
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by Exponental(m): 9:09am On Mar 02, 2012
unfortunately, the fone might not worth N12000, which might make his action less active.
good move anyway!

i initially tot it was a case of al-qaeda accusing boko haram of bombing
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by Afam4eva(m): 9:12am On Mar 02, 2012
Strange news if I must say. This is one noble policeman. Other policemen would have asked for their share of the bribe.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by ifyalways(f): 9:21am On Mar 02, 2012
Taking this with a pinch of salt.Would he have seized the phone if they had given him "something" ?

Anyways,where are all the govt. agencies?Is KAI authorized to take money from people?take money without reciept?what reciept/paper/tax/permission does the bread seller require from the law to sale her wares,whats the cost and where would she get it?what was the 12k for and why are the officers not yet apprended?

The problem with our law enforcement agencies(police,road safety,KIA,Lastma etc) is that they are not out to direct people to do the right thing but rather to take bribe.What would it cost them to take this woman to the right office where she'll pay whatever fees that would enable her ply her trade legally?
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by 4tune1(m): 9:22am On Mar 02, 2012
KAI officials are just working for their own pockets. The woman should collect the phone and sell it to recover her money jare.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by BashMe1(m): 9:30am On Mar 02, 2012
afam4eva:

Strange news if I must say. This is one noble policeman. Other policemen would have asked for their share of the bribe.

I was wondering too.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 02, 2012
Am sure dis didn't happen in Naija,, Dem get Kai for Ghana
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by Ournaija: 9:40am On Mar 02, 2012
His action could be out envy, LASTMA and KAI guys are gold miners in Lagos grin grin grin

No police man can boast half of what KAI and LASTMA guys collect a day cool cool cool

Am yet to see a noble policeman in Nigeria especially Lagos, Benin and Onitsha undecided undecided undecided
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by EmmyBoy2(m): 9:42am On Mar 02, 2012
phone seizure indeed, me thinks the policeman indirectly stole that phone, shikena grin cheesy
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by blank(f): 9:46am On Mar 02, 2012
The policeman is annoyed that they trespassed on his work. The woman must have been paying the policeman small something so she can sell her wares without hindrance. She must have gone back and raked for the policeman cos he could not protect her from KAI even after all the money she had been giving him Viola.

Its so easy to build a story out of conjecture and peddle it as real info.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by eghost247(m): 9:48am On Mar 02, 2012
at least he did something
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by teskyg: 9:59am On Mar 02, 2012
@ blank,learn to pat someone at the back when they have done well,not critism.The police should have gone ahead to arrest those KAI officials who ultimate goals is to reap lagosians.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by Kolababa: 10:01am On Mar 02, 2012
Maybe those KAI guys did not give the policeman his own share of the bribe. Police are not nice to that level.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by blank(f): 10:12am On Mar 02, 2012
teskyg:

@ blank,learn to pat someone at the back when they have done well,not critism.The police should have gone ahead to arrest those KAI officials who ultimate goals is to reap lagosians.

blank:

Its so easy to build a story out of conjecture and peddle it as real info.

@ Tesky, is reading and comprehending what you read a problem to you? What does that statement i highlighted mean to you? Seems like you just woke up and started looking for where to put your head. For your information, i was referring to the posters who were vilifying the policeman.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by snthesis(m): 10:34am On Mar 02, 2012
na wa o- hw can u fine sum1 12k for hawking bread- hw much does the person earn in d first place, the fines associated with this charges are ridiculous ( i wonder if the fines are even recognized bythe LASG)
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by LEXYLOV: 10:41am On Mar 02, 2012
If the policeman do the right things people will condemn if they did wrong things also its the same thing, can someone ever satisfy human being !!! Anyway to me the cop guy did good job for whatever reason because that shows some good example. undecided
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by Okijajuju1(m): 10:58am On Mar 02, 2012
Bullshit!!

I have two police reports in my custody right this second. . Both obtained from two Police stations in Rivers State (Command HQ Moscow Rd. & Divisional HQ Abuloma).

The Moscow road one cost me 3000 Naira to obtain and the Abuloma one cost me 5 thousand. On both occasions, Iasked for an official reciept and was told "the police does not issue reciept". . .

So who be the thief and who be the Maga?! angry
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by basadenet: 11:39am On Mar 02, 2012
wetin concern agbero with overload and who is fooling who? Can somebody ask the police officer if he too does not collect bribe from innocent people. It is no story.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by texazzpete(m): 11:59am On Mar 02, 2012
basadenet:

wetin concern agbero with overload and who is fooling who? Can somebody ask the police officer if he too does not collect bribe from innocent people. It is no story.

Can somebody ask you to get a brain?!

Not all policemen take bribes. Anyone who says otherwise is a dolt.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by basadenet: 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2012
texazzpete:

Can somebody ask you to get a brain?!

Not all policemen take bribes. Anyone who says otherwise is a dolt.

@texazzpete. So it is now a sin to express a personal view? Can you point to one that does not take bribe? I think u need some help.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by texazzpete(m): 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2012
basadenet:

@texazzpete. So it is now a sin to express a personal view? Can you point to one that does not take bribe? I think u need some help.

It is a sin to slander people. There are hundreds of Policemen and women who are committed Christians and Muslims and who view bribe taking as a sin. There have been reports on Nairaland of policemen who have returned found money running into hundreds of thousands of Naira.

Can you bet your life that there are no honest policemen? Can you walk outside now and ask God to prevent you from seeing your 40th birthday if there is even ONE honest policeman in Nigeria?

You are an empty headed imbecilic dolt, an unrepentant one at that! I will not abide m0r0ns. Away with you!
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by ifysimple(f): 1:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
Waw, kettle and pot, lol
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by basadenet: 2:06pm On Mar 02, 2012
texazzpete:

It is a sin to slander people. There are hundreds of Policemen and women who are committed Christians and Muslims and who view bribe taking as a sin. There have been reports on Nairaland of policemen who have returned found money running into hundreds of thousands of Naira.

Can you bet your life that there are no honest policemen? Can you walk outside now and ask God to prevent you from seeing your 40th birthday if there is even ONE honest policeman in Nigeria?

You are an empty headed imbecilic dolt, an unrepentant one at that! I will not abide m0r0ns. Away with you!
@texazzpete. I am far far above 40, so i am old enough to be your father.And i doubt it if you will ever see 40. In conclusion, You seriously needs help.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by wordychap: 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2012
wow! thief catches thief
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by texazzpete(m): 3:40pm On Mar 02, 2012
basadenet:

@texazzpete. I am far far above 40, so i am old enough to be your father.And i doubt it if you will ever see 40. In conclusion, You seriously needs help.

Wow! You're far above 40 and you're this dense? i truly feel sorry for you and your family.

PS: I will die at the ripe age of 75. That's a good age to go when I'll still be able to chew my food. I will not leave while a m0r0n like you is still breathing oxygen.

PS: You may be old enough to be my father (as you claim) but you are not smart enough to be related to me. That's the honest, unalloyed truth cheesy
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by GboyegaD(m): 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2012
Okija_juju:

Bullshit!!

I have two police reports in my custody right this second. . Both obtained from two Police stations in Rivers State (Command HQ Moscow Rd. & Divisional HQ Abuloma).

The Moscow road one cost me 3000 Naira to obtain and the Abuloma one cost me 5 thousand. On both occasions, Iasked for an official reciept and was told "the police does not issue reciept". . .

So who be the thief and who be the Maga?! angry

I have heard that phrase before but in my case then, I was told to get them a higher note book and a pen.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by oladayo042: 4:31pm On Mar 02, 2012
gulfer:

According to him, the KAI officers had stormed the car park belonging to Motorway to arrest food vendors without seeking permission from the private security and the policemen attached to the area.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/36949-policeman-seizes-kai-officers-phone-for-taking-bribe
Bolded is the same as: without paying the necessary egunje to the omo onile (the policeman in this case). I don't know when it became the law to "seek permission" before KAI can carry out their duty. Collecting fine without receipt is another ball game.
Re: Policeman Seizes Kai Officer’s Phone For Taking Bribe_kettle Calling Pot Black by xavier047: 9:15am On Mar 03, 2012
texazzpete:

Wow! You're far above 40 and you're this dense? i truly feel sorry for you and your family.

PS: I will die at the ripe age of 75. That's a good age to go when I'll still be able to chew my food. I will not leave while a m0r0n like you is still breathing oxygen.

PS: You may be old enough to be my father (as you claim) but you are not smart enough to be related to me. That's the honest, unalloyed truth cheesy
I have been following the thread on this particular topic and as much as you did hit bull's eye with your view on all police personnel, you might have to accomodate other people's opinion without using harsh words on them. You never can tell via this forum who a NL could be?might be a relative or smbody very close and you have already used words that wil be very hard to retract and as well regain trust.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Official Documents Relating To Goverment Spending. / Radio Biafra ; The Arrest Of The Engineer. Picture. / Names And Numbers Of Nigerian Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.