Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! (19355 Views)

10 Things Every Woman Should Know About Fibroids / All You Should Know About Fibroids - Courtesy Primus Hospital , Abuja / Women Should Know About Fibroids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by yemiofGod(f): 9:23am On Mar 02, 2012
I am 46years old. I have huge fibroids that make my tummy look like 6months old pregnancy embarassed. I have a child 3yrs ago after repeated miscarriages caused by the presence of the fibroids. Ive lost 2 pregnancies after my baby's arriva cryl. I'm not growing younger, I want to have another child sad. Ive tried several natural/herbal therapies - local and foreign, to no avail embarassed. Ive heard cases of women who did surgery and died cry. Ive heard of those who did and never conceived again  shocked'(. Ive also heard of them who did and later had babies - even twins! cheesy cool kiss A part of me wants to go for surgery but with my age am wondering if I have any chance of conceiving again lipsrsealed.

My online research revealed that  once menopause sets in, fibroid tumors shrink but my findings from older women show that it becomes more problematic around that time, such that women from their mid forties and mid-fifties most times opt for surgery when the symptoms become unbearable, and in most cases such women end up removing the entire uterus so it won't regrow. Yes, REGROW, that's the word I fear most in this case, and that explains why Ive failed to go the surgical line all these years! angry

Now I'm at crossroads, anyone with useful suggestions shd pls come and let's rub minds.  Do  you or does someone you know have fibroids? How are you/she/they coping? Can you recommend a good hospital for its surgery? Cost implication? Alternative to surgery? Thanks everyone, as I await  your meaningful responses.

1 Like

Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by yemiofGod(f): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2012
Na wah o. You people have only been 'viewing' my post without contributing. Where are the doctors (gynaes, surgeons), nurses  in the house, nurses, women with similar condition and friends/families of women with same experience? E jor now! grin
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by champs: 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2012
Don't want to read and run,i have no clue.But i want to send baby dust your way.

5 Likes

Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by igbi: 4:23pm On Mar 02, 2012
Heard a prog.'health watch' on radio nigeria some time ago on fibriod issue unfortunetly the contacts i got was in my fone which was stolen,but the doctor was from winners diagonostic or so cant remember the full hospital name but 4 radio nig to pick them they could be popular,but he said they have brances nation wide from the way he spoke i guess they are good,maybe google can help u.
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by igbi: 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2012
Heard a prog.'health watch' on radio nigeria some time ago on fibriod issue unfortunetly the contacts i got was in my fone which was stolen,but the doctor was from winners diagonostic or so cant remember the full hospital name but 4 radio nig to pick them they could be popular,but he said they have brances nation wide from the way he spoke i guess they are good,maybe google can help u.
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by yemiofGod(f): 4:40pm On Mar 02, 2012
Thanks Champs, I catch the baby dust oh.

@Igbi, Thanks 2u too. I keep my fingers crossed.
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by agiboma(f): 1:07am On Mar 03, 2012
@yemi, their are many mediactions you can take to shrink the fibroids that dont include surgery. Where are you located? My mom had fibroids big ones at your age she had the surgery, but she did not want anymore kids. The surgery is relatively safe if it is done by a qualified physician. Like everything in life it has its pros and cons, honestly at 46 I would just enjoy the one child that g-d has given, befor you go and complicate matters, especially if your in Nigeria where proper health care is limited. My sister enjoy your child have you thought about adoption, so many wonderful kids out there needing a loving home. wink

2 Likes

Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by GWslim(f): 2:52pm On Mar 03, 2012
The question is how long did you use those herbal drugs? using it once and expect a magical may not be real, continue usage can product great result overtime.
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by yemiofGod(f): 1:16pm On Mar 05, 2012
agiboma:

@yemi, their are many mediactions you can take to shrink the fibroids that dont include surgery.  Where are you located? My mom had fibroids big ones at your age she had the surgery, but she did not want anymore kids. The surgery is relatively safe if it is done by a qualified physician. Like everything in life it has its pros and cons, honestly at 46 I would just enjoy the one child that g-d has given, befor you go and complicate matters, especially if your in Nigeria where proper health care is limited. My sister enjoy your child have you thought about adoption, so many wonderful kids out there needing a loving home. wink

Thanks Agiboma.  What other medications did you refer to in the bolded part of your post above? I'm interested.  I'm located in Lagos, Nigeria. DH does not support adoption or I'd have long opted for it.  Once again, thank u!

GWslim:

The  question is how long did you use those herbal drugs? using it once and expect a magical may not be real, continue usage can product great result overtime.
@Gwslim, Rara o!, I did not take herbal drug once and stopped o! Ive been taking it (albeit different types) for years, I only stopped when I was pregnant and resumed after lactation. The fear of kidney/liver collapse made me stop all the trial and error therapies. Thanks to you too.
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by Seggii: 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2012
There is this Dr. Akilo very close to Ojuelegba, Fashoro St. He's very very good. If you need any help please let me know.  Thanks
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by agiboma(f): 3:39am On Mar 10, 2012
@ yemi here are some of the medications Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonists. Medications called GnRH agonists (Lupron, Synarel, others) treat fibroids by causing your natural estrogen and progesterone levels to decrease, putting you into a temporary postmenopausal state. these are the same type of medications one would take if they are doing IVF (gonal-f medications)
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by yemiofGod(f): 2:56pm On May 07, 2012
@gateleo, I must let you know that TREVO is NOT a fibroid drug. However, it is a nutritional beverage made from natural supplements. It contains nutraceutical ingredients collected from around the world and it supplies your body with essential vitamins and minerals, fatty acids, amino acids, digestive enzymes and antioxidants.

This drink supports increased energy, weight management, good health, enhanced mental focus, cardiovascular and digestive system health, anti-aging, regulates pH levels and also checks cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Containing 174 of nature’s finest nutraceutical ingredients from around the globe, Trévo™ is unlike any other nutritional supplement you will find on the market. This remarkable formula provides you and your family with a quick, delicious and easy way to restore, renew and revive your bodies.

It is presented in two different sizes, a 32 ounce and 2 ounce bottles, both of which are comfortable to handle and is suitable for anyone above two years. This product is 100% vegetarian, making it very unique compared to others that claim to have the same nutritional value and its packaging is biodegradable.

Testimonies abound of Trevo's healing properties in the areas of diabetes, hypertension, ulcer, men's health, women's health,heart health,cholesterol, detox/cleansing, just to mention a few.
I decided to take one of the 3 bottles I got upon registration and I can sing the song anywhere, that, for me it's TREVO ALL THE WAY.

Their office is at Plot 8, Cocoa Industrial Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by yemiofGod(f): 12:13pm On May 08, 2012
@gateleo. I replied your post but either spam bot or almighty moderator removed it. You can reach me on olorunfadeyemi@gmail.com
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by yemiofGod(f): 3:31pm On May 10, 2012
@Gateleo and eagle22, I'm sorry but I've replied this enquiry several times but the moderator doesn't seem to like my face and she keeps deleting/hiding my posts. I'll leave my detail for the upteenth time, hope she lets it pass this time. Pls email olorunfadeyemi@gmail.com
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by yamakuza: 7:57pm On May 10, 2012
yemiofGod: Thanks to everyone! TREVO DRINK has now come to my rescue. I've not finished a bottle and I've become less bloated. Asides from relief from my fibroid symptoms I feel healthier and I have the confidence that when I'm pregnant again I'll carry it to term. Thanks to Trevo!

madam, did you start this thread to promote the product in your signature?
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by yemiofGod(f): 12:14pm On May 11, 2012
@YAMAKAZUA, Thank you for your question. i came here in March innocently seeking advice on how to manage my long-term fibroid condition as you can read from my first post. I came about Trevo on a different note and took it for an entirely different situation only to discover it 'touched' the fibroid. I wish the 'hidden posts' were open for all to read and you'd have seen what I had there which I can still quote '..........Trevo is NOT a fibroid drug as such but it has the components to regulate the PH levels which must have affected my condition positively(paraphrased)'. Though I'm registered with Trevo African Concept and market Trevo Drink, I DID NOT START THIS POST TO PROMOTE THE PRODUCT and I did not say and am still not saying TREVO is a cure for fibroid. Thank you.

PS: I only adopted the signature when I registerd with Trevo in April. It wasn't there initially.
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by yamakuza: 6:07pm On May 11, 2012
^ Ok, thanks for the info.
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by BurberryBold: 6:59am On Aug 01, 2014
@ Seggi pls how do I get to see Dr. Akilo at Ojuelegba? Pls help with ur phone number so I can contact u. Tnx.
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by ogoonwa2012: 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2015
please if you need a permanent cure to fibroid,please contact me via email ogobabe4eva@yahoo.com.
i am a living testimony,no surgical operation,no herb taking,just an insertion and you will deliver it like a baby within 10days only.
IT IS A SURE TREATMENT
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by napa: 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
ogoonwa2012:
please if you need a permanent cure to fibroid,please contact me via email ogobabe4eva@yahoo.com.
i am a living testimony,no surgical operation,no herb taking,just an insertion and you will deliver it like a baby within 10days only.
IT IS A SURE TREATMENT

For the love of your life please don't contact the poster with the quote above, did something similar from an acupuncturist. Something was inserted Into my vgay with the promise that I will deliver it after a week and I got the regret of my life. My cervix closed up due to burnt suffered from the corrosive substance inserted I to me. Fibroid grew in multiples, still battling with it. I became worse off than when I made the stupid decision. No one should take any short cut. Seek advice a medical expert please. These people are evil. Still looking for a way to take legal actions towards the acupuncturist that sold the evil idea to me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by bolorunfem(f): 11:07am On May 14, 2015
napa:

For the love of your life please don't contact the poster with the quote above, did something similar from an acupuncturist. Something was inserted Into my vgay with the promise that I will deliver it after a week and I got the regret of my life. My cervix closed up due to burnt suffered from the corrosive substance inserted I to me. Fibroid grew in multiples, still battling with it. I became worse off than when I made the stupid decision. No one should take any short cut. Seek advice a medical expert please. These people are evil. Still looking for a way to take legal actions towards the acupuncturist that sold the evil idea to me.

shocked shocked shocked shocked God have mercy!!

I hope you've been able to reverse that condition now. God will save us from evil people looking for money by taking advantage of other people.
Re: NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! by tforever(m): 4:05pm On May 14, 2015
yemiofGod:
I am 46years old. I have huge fibroids that make my tummy look like 6months old pregnancy embarassed. I have a child 3yrs ago after repeated miscarriages caused by the presence of the fibroids. Ive lost 2 pregnancies after my baby's arriva cryl. I'm not growing younger, I want to have another child sad. Ive tried several natural/herbal therapies - local and foreign, to no avail embarassed. Ive heard cases of women who did surgery and died cry. Ive heard of those who did and never conceived again  shocked'(. Ive also heard of them who did and later had babies - even twins! cheesy cool kiss A part of me wants to go for surgery but with my age am wondering if I have any chance of conceiving again lipsrsealed.

My online research revealed that  once menopause sets in, fibroid tumors shrink but my findings from older women show that it becomes more problematic around that time, such that women from their mid forties and mid-fifties most times opt for surgery when the symptoms become unbearable, and in most cases such women end up removing the entire uterus so it won't regrow. Yes, REGROW, that's the word I fear most in this case, and that explains why Ive failed to go the surgical line all these years! angry

Now I'm at crossroads, anyone with useful suggestions shd pls come and let's rub minds.  Do  you or does someone you know have fibroids? How are you/she/they coping? Can you recommend a good hospital for its surgery? Cost implication? Alternative to surgery? Thanks everyone, as I await  your meaningful responses.

ma you have to go for surgery and it's only multiple fibroids that will come back but I know how to help to stop that..but you have to go for surgery ma... My number is 08131195769..you can give me a call.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arse Hole Ache / Confirmed Case Of Monkeypox In Akwa Ibom / First Case Of Lassa Fever Confirmed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.