Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,147 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only (14641 Views)

Farmers Seek New Credit Policy For Agriculture / Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings / Agriculture Only! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Redman44(m): 1:43am On Mar 03, 2012
I hope a blueprint has been drawn up to make this new NYSC Posting Policy work. smiley smiley smiley I am happy that the FG has started to reason with my arguments. I don't see any sense in Corpers serving in Banks, Insurance Companies, Oil Companies etc. Are they serving the Nation or their Pockets? The NYSC Scheme ( Even though I want it to be scrapped and replaced with the National Volunteer Scheme ) should be about developmental work especially in our Research Institutes, Farming Settlements and Rural areas. I recommend that Graduates above 25 years old should be excluded from the NYSC Scheme and handed a one off payment of 250,000 Naira and told to do something with it. The remaining Graduates should then undertake the Youth Service and really contribute to the development of Nigeria. I have a lot of ideas on what should be done to make the NYSC a more useful scheme. The FG has taken the first steps and I commend the Presidency for this. Cheers.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Nobody: 3:02am On Mar 03, 2012
March man:

Are we so pessimistic that we can't even give the government benefit of the doubt? Must we criticise every policy of Govt? Can we truly say we are happy with the state of the NYSC now?

I think policy is well thought out and it is good for the country and corps members. The essence of the NYSC is service, it is not an internship, scheme, or time for people to waste their time. This reform provides real opportunity for corps members to really serve the Fatherland.
From what I gather too they will also benefit from professional trainings.

For me, my service some years ago was just a waste of time. No focus. No job experience. Nothing. Now corps members can really serve.

Come to think of it, Nigerians serve in rural areas and do all sorts of community jobs in foreign countries as part of the technical aides corps. if we can do it abroad, Why cant we do it here?

i agree with the bolded. +1

let's hope it serves the purpose effectively
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Phony200(m): 6:03am On Mar 03, 2012
Postings will be done in less than a month so I'll wait and see What will happen. That said, are there adequate roles in the target sectors to absorb the services of all youth corp members and isolate the likes of Banks? The policy is good but to what capacity can it be implemented as things stand right now?
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by ogolope: 2:49pm On Mar 03, 2012
that means every corps members will be practising off their profession for a whole year, what a nice way to achieve vision 2020:20
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by eviepretty: 12:10am On Mar 30, 2012
....Mstchew....

Upon all the talk and stress during orientation, they posted us all to these sectors, now we are being rejected like mosquitoes everywhere. What makes it even worse is that its even Govt parastatals that are doing the bulk of rejection. Ministry of Works rejected over 50 corpers just yesterday, same with Ministry of Environment and UBEB. I have my own rejection letter along with 9 others that were posted to the same PPA, stating that they didnot request for or need corp members.
If infrastructures have not being put in place to create efficiency, why then implement such policy? Now, for atleast for another 3months corpers will be found roaming and loitering the streets of Lagos just to secure a placement.
Please a review of this policy needs to be done, even if its a 80/20 percent sharing between public and private sectors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Red Sokoto (maradi) Goat Farm. / Economic Importance Of Weeds / Ondo Government To Build N42bn Egg Powder Plant In Owo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.