Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes (156605 Views)

Affordable Homes At Porsche Terraces And Apartments, For Sale in Abuja / Fgn 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme / The Roll Out Of 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme Live On NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by gmiky: 8:48am On Mar 20, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Sounds really good . . . Will love to see how the keys could be hand over to the owner in 3 months . . . .

Hey chairman, you mean a duplex of this magnitude can be delivered within a 7.5M budget?
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by gmiky: 8:52am On Mar 20, 2012
spyder880: More info about this new duplex, it will have these feutures;
2 lounges (1 public lounge downstairs and 1 private lounge upstairs)
6 bedrooms all with wardrobes and toilet/bath, en suit,(1 of it is a master bedroom)
1 kitchen
1 laundry
1 dining
1 central lobby
1 car port
Plus other pretty fittings for which the Spyder team has come to be identified with. We intend to move at a steady fast pace and will deliver the keys to the landlord in the next 3 months, all things being equal.

Budget is N7.5m

Hey chairman, you mean a duplex of this magnitude can be delivered within a 7.5M budget? I have a similar project for a 4Bed to be built in Abuja but yet to commence activity on my piece of Land cos, I had the impression that I may need like 15M. Kindly revalidate. Thanks
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by princeonx: 8:32pm On Mar 20, 2012
spyder880:

I was about to declare you "missing in action" grin so many people find it hard to use this new platform, I am still learning it too.

My brother I dey oh! I can see your project is coming out real good! Keep it up we dey come.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Mar 20, 2012
gmiky:

Hey chairman, you mean a duplex of this magnitude can be delivered within a 7.5M budget? I have a similar project for a 4Bed to be built in Abuja but yet to commence activity on my piece of Land cos, I had the impression that I may need like 15M. Kindly revalidate. Thanks

Yes, I believe N7.5m can deliver this size of duplex in Enugu, Imo and Anambra states,especially with superior know how. This budget should cover for only the foundation till roofing stages, all materials and labour costs, granite chippings and internal toilet plumbing works, not for finishing the whole house.

The smallest bedroom size is 13x14ft wide.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by gmiky: 6:03am On Mar 21, 2012
spyder880:

Yes, I believe N7.5m can deliver this size of duplex in Enugu, Imo and Anambra states,especially with superior know how. This budget should cover for only the foundation till roofing stages, all materials and labour costs, granite chippings and internal toilet plumbing works, not for finishing the whole house.

The smallest bedroom size is 13x14ft wide.

Thanks Spyder for these insight. This is a big morale boost. I believe the difference in building in Abuja may not be too far fetched from the areas you mentioned. Will get in touch as soon as I arrange myself smiley
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:51pm On Mar 21, 2012
We have just completed another duplex decking, this is the final pictures from the large duplex building project. We are going to pause on this house and other projects and rest till the end of the week, it had been hectic these past few days.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2012
I was trying to remember the number of decking I have supervised and counted this one as the number 19. Yet we are just starting.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:00pm On Mar 21, 2012
The thickness,

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2012
The final product,

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by wealth123: 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2012
i am still waiting for the cost of building my house above. The location is Arepo off Lagos /Ibadan exp. way before MFM Prayer City. The land is solid ground but sloppy. get back to me: wealthhunters@yahoo.com

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by princeonx: 12:57am On Mar 22, 2012
^^^
First of all I doubt if such building or building material are common in Nigeria. Secondly, this is not a house that we see people build everyday especially in Nigeria. Finally, You question or demand for estimate on that house sounds more like giving someone an inch and they're asking for inches. This property section and thread has helped a lot of builders F.O.C (free of charge) yet you want to make it harder. How in the world do you want or expect anyone here to give you an accurate quote on that house? will you import the materials from the US? or yours will be build with blocks? How true will the price quote you get here be or you simply just want to waste people's time? Such house in the US can run anywhere from $450,000 to $800,000 depending on the amenities inside/out, city and state so convert that to naira and that will be your answer.

1 Like

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by lovetosin: 1:32am On Mar 22, 2012
@ prince onyx..irst of all I doubt if such building or building material are common in Nigeria. Secondly, this is not a house that we see people build everyday especially in Nigeria. Finally, You question or demand for estimate on that house sounds more like giving someone an inch and they're asking for inches. This property section and thread has helped a lot of builders F.O.C (free of charge) yet you want to make it harder. How in the world do you want or expect anyone here to give you an accurate quote on that house? will you import the materials from the US? or yours will be build with blocks? How true will the price quote you get here be or you simply just want to waste people's time? Such house in the US can run anywhere from $450,000 to $800,000 depending on the amenities inside/out, city and state so convert that to naira and that will be your answer.
(Report Post) (Quote Post) Like

YOU HARSH GON BRO..LOL....ANYWAY @ WEALTHUNTER,what part of the estate are you building,i can help you a little bit with cost of materials as i just recently bought a land and start developing the property,i think i bought about the last flat land there as there are no more land or good land left.Just like the guy above rightly said,it would be hard for anyone to give you an estimate of that house since its uncommon in 9ja,maybe you might throw that Q to the guy building that large office space or something in yankee.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by princeonx: 2:39am On Mar 22, 2012
^^^
well love-tosin and wealth123 I didn't mean to be rude or harsh but am sorry anyway if I did sound that way. I just felt it will be reasonable asking for something that is attainable or within our reach especially when one is not paying for such information. All the same good luck!
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by annysis: 10:58am On Mar 22, 2012
Good day Oga Spyder. Please is it possible to know the cost of materials that finished the decking you just completed? The estimates will be very helpful sir. Thanks for being there for your students. I will truly appreciate it.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Emperoh(m): 11:15am On Mar 22, 2012
Spyder,

How much do u know about boreholes and Enugu
Need to clarify something from u
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^^ just some inside info, have done water availability survey for one client. We did the geo-physical survey in the site in Isi Uzo LGA. Also I am based in an area surrounded by about 15 commercial boreholes operating 24hrs. 4 of the boreholes are owned by my pals and coleagues. These boreholes supply most of the water used in Enugu urban.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2012
@anysis,
We spent about N1.6m to finish that deck, all materials, labour etc.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by donfidel(m): 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2012
Hello Spyder,
Been silently following for a while. You are really doing an excellent job. Specifically, i must commend you woodwork, either for decking or anything else, they are really neat. Do keep it up.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2012
Thank you Donfidel.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by annysis: 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2012
Thank you Chief Spyder for that information on the cost of the decking
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2012
Some of my boys started digging the toilet soak-away tank behind my house, the dimensions are as follows

length: 13ft
width: 7ft
depth: 12ft

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by NL1960: 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2012
spyder880: Some of my boys started digging the toilet soak-away tank behind my house, the dimensions are as follows

length: 13ft
width: 7ft
depth: 12ft

@spyder880. What does it cost to build and complete a toilet soak-away of this dimension?.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 4:08pm On Mar 24, 2012
^^^^ digging, materials (wood, cement, rods, sand, gravel, water) and labour for block work, concrete, plastering, carpenter, iron bender, decking etc will not be less than N150,000.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 5:43am On Mar 25, 2012
The toilet pit, soak away tank and septic tank are some of the works you have to be very careful when constructing. If you don't apply good safety precautions, things can go horribly wrong, for instance in the digging stage, if you are digging in sandy soils, you have to be very careful of loose chunks of the soil caving in and burying the guy doing the digging. There are supposed to be at least 2 guys digging at any time.

Also, if you spare materials and do a shoddy job, the heat alone from the toilets can crack and weaken the tank underground after about 2 years, not to talk of tanks in salty, water logged areas, this will lead to the tank caving in and causing a serious danger to the kids and even adults living in the compound. It is important to note that you have to do this right and as we used to say in engineering ''get it right the first time''

I will update the thread later in the week about how I do septic tanks.

2 Likes

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Emperoh(m): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2012
spyder880: ^^^ just some inside info, have done water availability survey for one client. We did the geo-physical survey in the site in Isi Uzo LGA. Also I am based in an area surrounded by about 15 commercial boreholes operating 24hrs. 4 of the boreholes are owned by my pals and coleagues. These boreholes supply most of the water used in Enugu urban.

My uncle is doing something in Enugu. . . .. he hates managing water.
Lives in the New GRA area of TE. . . .now the contractor has been messing up and doesn't seem to be meeting
the agreed quality of water. . . what prospects do u thing that area holds and what do u think it will cost to deliver something of drinkable quality?

I thought i should call u, but not until i see what has been done.
I am not in Enugu though
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2012
Emperoh:

My uncle is doing something in Enugu. . . .. he hates managing water.
Lives in the New GRA area of TE. . . .now the contractor has been messing up and doesn't seem to be meeting
the agreed quality of water. . . what prospects do u thing that area holds and what do u think it will cost to deliver something of drinkable quality?

I thought i should call u, but not until i see what has been done.
I am not in Enugu though

Honestly, its not very easy getting water from borehole in Enugu urban. Many rich people I know has sunk millions to get good volume from boreholes, yet it didnt work. Only in Ninth Mile area we can find good water depth and clean water in commercial quantities.
Maybe the contractor didnt tell your uncle the whole truth, collected money, and now thinks he can perform magic.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Nobody: 4:16am On Mar 26, 2012
@Spyder

Pls, check out the way these people pour concrete in an entirely different way from how we do it in Nigeria. I have been watching 10s of videos about how to pour concrete and how to lay tiles. Just watch some of the videos from the u.r.l links I posted. Everyday I go out and keep wondering how they pour the concrete floors I see in walk ways, parking lots, patios, back yards, driveways everywhere I go within U.S. The do these concrete floors so neet and also put lines in them that prevents cracks to occur in the future. Sorry to say, I have never in my life seen concrete floors well done anywhere in Nigeria. Infact, look at the tools they use as well. Pls, open the links and tell me what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFIPattHvyI&feature=player_detailpage#t=45s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL97878E3F3C3F704D&feature=player_detailpage&v=9C62Hco9TeE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysoKXSkKdTw&feature=player_detailpage#t=43s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9ViXuMJhr8&feature=player_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4fYg8IGUMM&feature=player_detailpage#t=15s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V0x9-awEio&feature=player_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XQZu0usBaw&feature=player_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0bFplEoMc&feature=player_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed6q3mkJ0xs&feature=player_detailpage
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 5:57am On Mar 26, 2012
Hello Payless, long time?
I have tried to watch all the links you posted and due to our snail speed internet connection down here, I have been able to watch only about 2 minutes out of the 1st video in the last 2 hours or so. But I have a very good idea of what you are trying to point out, the way its done here and the way its done in other places. In Nigeria, we are slow to improve in everything, countless factors always combine to frustrate attempts to improve the process in every section of the economy. Police can arrest and detain you if they cannot understand what you are carrying to site in your car grin

I have done a lot of research on my own, and with my wide experience in construction, there are very few persons who have seen the type of equipments I have seen in construction, I have had working experiences working alongside Arbico PLC, Hurlag LTD, (when they had contracts to work in my company) and have come to see an assortment of tools and materials used in mixing and pouring concrete, but how many home owners can agree to the charge of hiring and using them since these things don't come free.

On my own, I make sure that every concrete I pour pass the test of good mixing and laying. That is why I am always present the day we cast anything because this is the life wire of the structure. My mixtures must always be fluid, well mixed and with the right ratio. I am also in deep talks with some Nigerians in the diaspora who want to import and leave some construction equipments with me on a partnership arrangement.(mixers, rollers and vibrators)
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 26, 2012
Great respose from you, Spyder. We just need to change our orientation in order to improve how we do things in Nigeria. Our people need to be enlightened and trained on how things are done in this 21st century. Good ratio of cement, sand and concrete is not the only thing to consider. The right equipment must be available in order to achieve the desired taste when it comes to home building. With what I see around, I just can't continue building my own house until I have the time to come to Nigeria. But, when I'm ready to continue it, I will be loaded with videos and home improvement magazines. As a matter of fact, the contractor in charge of my house is one of the experts on this forum, but I won't mention his name. I am currently looking at how to get some equipment to Lagos. These equipment are not expensive because I have checked them out.

We have the materials, manpower, but we lack the equipment, patient and technical know how. There is no doubt in my mind that you (Spyder), will surely get there because you have the desire to improve what you do everyday.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by sadze: 9:37am On Mar 26, 2012
@spyder .thanks for your prompt reply and ill apreciate it if u can send the links to the pixs of the hardcore stones. another question is that... does that means that i wont be using granite if i ended up using hardcore and also which do u recommend out of the two?
looking forward to your suggestion and ill also be uploading some pixs as soon as i start the project. presently the bush has been cleared and burnt and foundation is the next.
to all ,i pray that God will give us bountiful funds to complete all these project the way we want to ijn.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:05am On Mar 26, 2012
sadze: @spyder .thanks for your prompt reply and ill apreciate it if u can send the links to the pixs of the hardcore stones. another question is that... does that means that i wont be using granite if i ended up using hardcore and also which do u recommend out of the two?
looking forward to your suggestion and ill also be uploading some pixs as soon as i start the project. presently the bush has been cleared and burnt and foundation is the next.
to all ,i pray that God will give us bountiful funds to complete all these project the way we want to ijn.

Actually, hardcore stones can only be used in the foundation. You will still use gravel in the same foundation alongside hardcore, and for the other stages later on, its only gravel of different sizes. Please feel free to post pictures of your project when you start, we will learn one or two things from it.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by NL1960: 10:28am On Mar 26, 2012
@spyder. Please what is the entire cost estimate for the window hood (called POP by some) you did for for all the windows in your six-bedroom duplex project?. I initially did not want to do any window hood but when i showed yours to Madam, she has started telling me to do it. Iam beginning to think that i will no longer show pics of your building to her. That was how i showed her bush green step tiles from your roofing of a 4-bedroom bungalow project and it became bush green step tiles all the way. Now, it is window hood all the way. So, please give me estimate quick quick before i chop watery soup with excess pepper. grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (36) (Reply)

How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing / Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.