Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,344 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba (8278 Views)

The North Will Keep Ilorin and Offa If Nigeria Breaks, Junaid Warns Yorubas / Saraki Was Actually Stoned In Illorin..punch Newspaper / Saraki Arriving The Eid Praying Ground In Illorin Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by swisscash(m): 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2012
Ngodigha1:

The Yorugbas should be happy the Fulanis did not take Oyo state. So Yorugbas should just forget Kwara state. Yorugbas lost it even when they had Oyo empire, now that they are cowards, it will be worse. Let them not dare the Fullas.
@the bolded! But its the yorugbas that majorly dominate that state or am i missing something?
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Ngodigha1(m): 8:33pm On Mar 05, 2012
swisscash:

@the bolded! But its the yorugbas that majorly dominate that state or am i missing something?
No, the yorugbas dominate southern kwara e.g offa. central kwara is multi ethnic e.g ilorin while northern kwara has less than 1% yorugbas e.g pategi.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by ak47mann(m): 11:44pm On Mar 05, 2012
So this is the reason this Yoruba people are always scared to break away shocked shocked hausa terrorist might as well collect the bloody kwara state and llorin with them who cares cool we want out period cool
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Ngodigha1(m): 11:52pm On Mar 05, 2012
ak47mann:

So this is the reason this Yoruba people are always scared to break away shocked shocked hausa terrorist might as well collect the bloody kwara state and llorin with them who cares cool we want out period cool
They have lost Kwara forever.

1 Like

Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by ak47mann(m): 11:53pm On Mar 05, 2012
Ngodigha1:

They have lost Kwara forever.
I see cool
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Olaolufred(m): 9:03am On Mar 06, 2012
I think development is not about how much people you are able to get into your own side.
But much about the ability to harness your scarce resources to the betterment of your citizen.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Olaolufred(m): 9:06am On Mar 06, 2012
Ilorin has become a mixed state. Referendum will determine their fate If Nigeria disintegrate.
But their is nothing Northern in Offa.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by T8ksy(m): 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2012
ak47mann:

So this is the reason this Yoruba people are always scared to break away  shocked shocked hausa terrorist might as well collect the bloody kwara state and llorin with them who cares cool we want out period cool

And who's stopping you?

We want (you) out (of our region), too!

1 Like

Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by ak47mann(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2012
T8ksy:

And who's stopping you?

We want (you) out (of our region), too!

MOooaah go and slap awo/OBJ for joining Nigerian soldiers now everybody is feeling the heat including his so call prominent Yoruba cool by now BIAFRA will be 44 yrs old cool

2 Likes

Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by ADIGUNadekunle: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
Offa is going no were,we are yoruba no boko haram.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by ADIGUNadekunle: 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
Offa is going no were,we are yoruba not boko haram.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Yeske2(m): 8:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
ADIGUN adekunle: Offa is going no were,we are yoruba not boko haram.
In your dreams, Offa, Ilorin and in short Kwara is lost to the north. The real middle belt includes Benue, Kogi,Plateau maybe Taraba and the Gwaris in southern Kaduna, FCT then MAYBE again Nassarawa.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2012
I am from Offa, born and bred there, an active 'youth voice' in the community, having written a number of articles on the politics of the town.

We are Yoruba, no controversy about that; we are northerners too, at least since 1914.

I'm particularly indifferent about where we end up, in the event of split. North or South, I'm ok.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
Jarus: I am from Offa, born and bred there, an active 'youth voice' in the community, having written a number of articles on the politics of the town.

We are Yoruba, no controversy about that; we are northerners too, at least since 1914.

I'm particularly indifferent about where we end up, in the event of split. North or South, I'm ok.

I am Yoruba, and not an inch of Yorubaland will be ceded to a foreign country ever again.

1 Like

Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Desola(f): 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2012
Jarus: I am from Offa, born and bred there, an active 'youth voice' in the community, having written a number of articles on the politics of the town.

I suspect that your mum is Hausa.

No full blooded Yoruba with their congnitive faculties in order would make such utterance. Don't care if you end up in the North? Only an aboki would make such a statement given the inhumane attrocities currently being perpetrated by the abokis.

Sheesh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
Aigbofa:

I am Yoruba, and not an inch of Yorubaland will be ceded to a foreign country ever again.
What if we decide we want to go with the North? You will come and pull us back like you pulled Yorubas in Benin Republic abi?
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
Jarus:
What if we decide we want to go with the North? You will come and pull us back like you pulled Yorubas in Benin Republic abi?

Jarus, no disrespect, but you need to learn your limit with this "I am a Yoruba from the North" story. Please. Okay.
We as in "you and yourself" right?

3 Likes

Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Desola(f): 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Jarus, no disrespect, but you need to learn your limit with this "I am a Yoruba from the North" story. Please. Okay.

Thank you!

I suspect that he is an aboki who has mixed with Yorubas in his state and as a result learnt to speak fluent Yoruba and comes here to confuse the Yorubas. Bloody northerner!

1 Like

Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ileke-IdI:

What limit? We=Offa people. At least, you can't know my people more than I do.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
Desola:

Thank you!

I suspect that he is an aboki who has mixed with Yorubas in his state and as a result learnt to speak fluent Yoruba and comes here to confuse the Yorubas. Bloody northerner!
Proudly aboki cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by asha80(m): 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2012
Desola:

Thank you!

so suraj oyewale is not a yoruba name?
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by nduchucks: 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2012
Lesson, There is nothing monolithic about the Yoruba people. Each group has its own language, history, land claims etc. After this dream splitting of the country, the Yorubas may end up splitting into 50 more pieces for there to be peace.

You people are already e-attacking Jarus for not being a detribalized Yoruba man.

I see Aigbofa flexing e-muscles and sharpening his e-RPGs already. olodo cheesy
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
ndu_chucks: Lesson, There is nothing monolithic about the Yoruba people. Each group has its own language, history, land claims etc. After this dream splitting of the country, the Yorubas may end up splitting into 50 more pieces for there to be peace.

You people are already e-attacking Jarus for not being a detribalized Yoruba man.

I'm not attacking Jarus.

But I think it's wise if he keeps his propaganda to himself. I think the man might be a bit confused sha. The Ofa ppl are just like the Olukumis in the SE; they speak Yoruba but do not identify themselves as Yoruba.

I know we have Ekiti ppl separated; some in Kwara, some in Ekiti. However, you dont hear us claiming North.

LOL @ divided into 50 pieces. Were grin
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
I am a Yoruba man, my father was a core Awoist.
But the last time I checked, Kwara(plus us Yoruba there) is North Central, not SouthWest. If FG were to appoint a 6-man board of a federal parastatal now, one person from each Geo-political zone and I get nomination, will I be counted as SW rep? No. So why would I claim to be a southerner when officially I am a northerner?

Sunday Awoniyi, Chairman of Arewa Consultative Forum, was a Yorubaman and one of Sardauna's most endured loyalists.

No big deal, we have no problems being in the North and that doesn't reduce our Yorubaness

1 Like

Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
ndu_chucks: Lesson, There is nothing monolithic about the Yoruba people. Each group has its own language, history, land claims etc. After this dream splitting of the country, the Yorubas may end up splitting into 50 more pieces for there to be peace.

LMAO! It is not up to fools to lecture Yorubas on unity. If you want to take Offa or Ilorin, you should be prepared to fight for it.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2012
Aigbofa:

LMAO! It is not up to fools to lecture Yorubas on unity. If you want to take Offa or Ilorin, you should be prepared to fight for it.
Go and bring back Yorubas in Benin republic first.

1 Like

Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by nduchucks: 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
Aigbofa:

Calm down, no one is taking Offa anywhere, we shall all live or die in this our Nigeria.

Jarus: I am a Yoruba man, my father was a core Awoist.
But the last time I checked, Kwara(plus us Yoruba there) is North Central, not SouthWest.

so semantics lo cause wahala lati aro? North is a geographical expression afterall smiley

This was how one edoyad started claiming that he is not a Northerner but a middlebelter. mumu
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Desola(f): 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
Jarus:

Don't be silly! The loss of Yorubas to Benin was as a result of colonisation and and the greed between the British and French. That we were ripped off by those evil colonial master does not mean we would let the barbaric, senseless and inhuman hausas get away with it.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 12, 2012
Jarus:
Go and bring back Yorubas in Benin republic first.

Yorubas in Benin Republic were taken away by people who had superior weapons. If you have superior weapons you too can take Offa and Ilorin, but they will not be given to you on a platter.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
Aigbofa:

We Offa can still be gotten back, at least we don't deny our Yorubaness and we never claim to be any other tribe than Yoruba.

But Ilorin, forget! You(ok, we) have lost Ilorin. An average Ilorin person sees himself as Fulani, even if he doesn't speak any other language than Yoruba and his name is Bukola. Trying to reclaim Ilorin? I'm afraid another bloodied nose reminiscent of the Afonja/Alimi/Solagberu of old will be recorded. OPC tried it and had themselves to blame. Let sleeping dog lie. 80% of Ilorin people see themselves as Fulani.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Ufeolorun(m): 10:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
Religion has a strong role to play on his perception-some Yoruba-Muslim fervently crave northern endorsement because they feel this is one of the ways to be a real Muslim.This is what some Yoruba Islamic leaders have fought against in the past-ensuring Yoruba Muslim don't kowtow or see themselves as second rated to Northern Muslims.
The northern establishment have been using religion as a political tool for so long and have always tried hoodwinking Yoruba Muslims to swell it numbers hence political strength
Like Ileke said the Igbominas would disaGREE with his take but people have the right to choose which direction they feel comfortable with.
Re: We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
Jarus:
We Offa can still be gotten back, at least we don't deny our Yorubaness and we never claim to be any other tribe than Yoruba.

But Ilorin, forget! You(ok, we) have lost Ilorin. An average Ilorin person sees himself as Fulani, even if he doesn't speak any other language than Yoruba and his name is Bukola. Trying to reclaim Ilorin? I'm afraid another bloodied nose reminiscent of the Afonja/Alimi/Solagberu of old will be recorded. OPC tried it and had themselves to blame. Let sleeping dog lie. 80% of Ilorin people see themselves as Fulani.

My friend, this is 2012.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Adds 370m Gas Supply To Generate 5,000MW By December / Pensioners Protest At Akwa Ibom Government House Over Non-Payment / PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.