Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,888 members, 7,798,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas (13223 Views)

Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas / Andre Villas-Boas Set To Sign For Tottenham / Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by digits: 5:30pm On Mar 04, 2012
no room for undelivered in chelsea, he has made me tired of my dream club. avb gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by Uwankasef: 5:53pm On Mar 04, 2012
Wrong move yet again. So, what about the old and worn-out horses like drogba,lampard cole malouda etc. Abramovich will always regret the axing of jose the special one.
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by kaycee9: 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2012
good for them
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by kizito96(m): 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2012
Chelsea has been worst since Villas Boas took over. For marteo, this is an opportunity to show that his sack with Westbrom was a fluke
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by Sike(m): 6:19pm On Mar 04, 2012
Uwankasef:

Wrong move yet again. So, what about the old and worn-out horses like drogba,lampard cole malouda etc. Abramovich will always regret the axing of jose the special one.
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by mkpologwu(m): 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2012
Scholes and Giggs are also old and really older!
Problem is lack of commitment on the pitch coupled with AVB's sentiment on buying/fielding fielding anything portuguese! Otherwise tell me what he wants with Merieles, and why he must play Bosingwa at all in any match?
Let him go pls!!!
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by mansmith(m): 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2012
d guy sacked himself with scores of bad results
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by FRANKLINTON(m): 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2012
Typical Chelsea
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by KayDee4: 8:04pm On Mar 04, 2012
Well, lets wait and see if Di Mateo is going to use different tactics and team selection and if it will produce different and better results. The players are partly to blame too, when you don't cooperate with you boss 100%, his efforts will only yield nada.

Abrahamovic is not smiling - no time, no patience and the Chelsea job is not for the incompetent - no excuses.

So long AVB, I will miss your touchline MC Hammer break dance.  grin grin cheesy cheesy .

Funny, how @ the beginning of the season Steve Kean looked like he will most certainly be the first managerial casualty but since then : Steve Bruce , Mick McCarthy , Neil Warnock,  and AVB  embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by MyVicky: 8:14pm On Mar 04, 2012
One of the greatest mistake made by Chelsea was allowing Muo leave! AVB's sack - long over due. Chelsea needs a more competent manager!!!
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by Redman44(m): 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2012
I don't think the likes of Drogba, Lampard and Ashley Cole should be blamed for the poor performance of Chelsea FC. Andre Villas Boas was just not good enough to manage the club. He needs to gather more experience and come back to the English Premiership 4-5 years from now. I am very disappointed with what is going on at Stamford Bridge. This is the worst season for Chelsea FC in recent times. We need to qualify for next Season's Champions League and buy new players who are committed to taking the club to soccer glory. I believe Torres, Drogba, Mikel Obi etc should be offloaded and a new Squad built in preparation for next season. I still don't understand why Chelsea FC did not buy 2-3 Players from the German Squad @ South African 2012. Players like Lukas Podolski and Thomas Mueller would have added some bite to the Chelsea FC Squad. Lets see what Di Matteo will do before the Season ends. Cheers.
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by bonna4u(m): 8:31pm On Mar 04, 2012
I saw that coming. Chelsea is a clueless organization, so they would keep on hiring and firing coaches unless Mr Abramovich leaves technical issues to professionals. This is no football manager game.
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by jimctu: 8:44pm On Mar 04, 2012
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by KayDee4: 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2012
Redman44:

I don't think the likes of Drogba, Lampard and Ashley Cole should be blamed for the poor performance of Chelsea FC. Andre Villas Boas was just not good enough to manage the club. He needs to gather more experience and come back to the English Premiership 4-5 years from now. I am very disappointed with what is going on at Stamford Bridge. This is the worst season for Chelsea FC in recent times. We need to qualify for next Season's Champions League and buy new players who are committed to taking the club to soccer glory. I believe Torres, Drogba, Mikel Obi etc should be offloaded and a new Squad built in preparation for next season. I still don't understand why Chelsea FC did not buy 2-3 Players from the German Squad @ South African 2012. Players like Lukas Podolski and Thomas Mueller would have added some bite to the Chelsea FC Squad. Lets see what Di Matteo will do before the Season ends. Cheers.

They bought Torres, Luiz, Meireles, Mata, LuaLua Lukaku the rastafarian,  grin , Romeu, etc, etc, if these players couldnt perform well @ Chelshit, then there's no guarantee the germans would have done any better. Torres is beyond redemption, even Carlo couldnt fix him.

AVB leave them waka abeg before them spoil your career.  grin grin
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by IYANGBALI: 9:11pm On Mar 04, 2012
eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,so the village boy has been sent back to the village.Una go hear weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by duduspace(m): 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2012
Adieu AVB, the managers that last in the PL know when to talk and when to zip it. A manager who feels he can take on the English media while his team isn't doing well and win still has some growing up to do.
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by Ninilowo(m): 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2012
@duduspace: May God bless u for dt comment.
The guy wanted to copy Mauriho but did not copy well or he did not have the experience to do so. He was on air last week saying that he did not need the support of the players once he had the support of Abrahamovic. How on earth would a workman say he does not need his tools to work. It's like a commander that says he does not need troops to win battles. A big fool indeed for chelsea to bounce back, the club needs to do away with d old guards. Cos in a situation where some players are older in age than the coach. No be palava be that?
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by duduspace(m): 10:22pm On Mar 04, 2012
Exactly, if he hadn't started with the 'Me against the world' attitude, the media could have provided the excuses to buy him time to execute the required surgery at Chelsea.
In reality, there are 2 losers here but one seems not to mind wasting money and the others are happy believing that this is a new beginning when in fact, the major problems remain unresolved.
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by switch47(m): 10:26pm On Mar 04, 2012
the worst is yet to come for chelsea. Things can only get worse!!
Next' is champions league exit then FA CUP disgrace and finishing outside top 4. The team is doomed
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by Limaoscar: 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2012
It's been long coming. Like somebody said earlier, this guy brought Chelsea to Her Knees and won't stop talking verbosities and synonyms to the English press as if that is what He was hired to do.

From His first few matches I started wondering if He knew the Word DEFENCE in football. We conceeded cheeky goals and every body bottom of the table wanted to come to the Bridge to beat us so they can deflect attention from their own poor performances and they did!

I beg make im go jor------------I can't blame Abrahamovich this time.
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by KayDee4: 12:01am On Mar 05, 2012
If the players and owner will not support a coach to settle down in the club and get used to the EPL, then we might see 10 different managers go thru Chelsea in 5 seasons.

Carlo Ancelotti would have gotten enough PL experience by now if he was left to stay.

Well, its the Chelsea way, hire today, fire tomorrow and end up 5th. grin grin
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by Akolawole(m): 12:36am On Mar 05, 2012
Thought he will be sacked next thursday.
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by nasty45(m): 4:09am On Mar 05, 2012
Finally i can heave a sigh of relief.ds guy has done his job of humbling chelsea fans,nw e can go.DS DUDE GOT NO TACTICS @ ALL
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 05, 2012
i watch Chelsea like a Nigerian movie now. 5mins watching can tell you what the end will be.
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by gfus: 8:27am On Mar 05, 2012
Sad to part ways with a good man who came before his time.
http://www.livenigeriapost.com/
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by Ibomade1: 9:26am On Mar 05, 2012
AVB: Honey, i got bad news for  you
AVB's Wife: What is it this time?
AVB: i've been sacked
AVB's Wife: oh  No,
AVB: Don't worry honey ,  I also won Euromillion lottery as pay off.
AVB: We can now afford to sit down and do nothing
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by omowhyou(m): 9:57am On Mar 05, 2012
as long as they came sacking their managers they will not get it right. chelsea needs to rebuild and this takes time.
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by humblebee: 10:09am On Mar 05, 2012
omowhyou:

as long as they came sacking their managers they will not get it right. chelsea needs to rebuild and this takes time.

AVB is obviously not doing that, he doesnt learn from previous games and makes the same mistakes over and over again. this man makes up to 6changes in a team regularly and yet he should undersdtand there are always a few players in a team you shouldn;t keep on the bench during a crucial match, cole, terry and lampard should not start a game for chelsea from the bench, No, as much as i know. it shouldnt be like that. no matter how poor they played in previous matches, you should at least start terry of lampard. besides skills, they drive the players mentally. they encourage the team even when they are 2 goals down.

he misuses these players too, they dont seem to be comfortable in their roles. sturridge and meireless and super players, they've not performed well since he took over. wetin hapun. he can step aside, its not as if he's not a good coach but he seems to be sticked to his 4-3-3- formation without shifting grounds
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by Jomiliny(m): 10:56am On Mar 05, 2012
I knew it from the beginning that they are still going to sack him. Sorry hun AVB
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by mrofficial(m): 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2012
IT days are over, oya go find work @ AVB. cheesy
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by binaflexia: 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2012
It's a sad news to me. Though I was desperate to start seeing good results and some positive play. These were not forthcoming.

AVB has lost the mental strength to lead the team. He just have to go, though I was sad to see him go.

I wish you all the best in your future jobs.
Re: Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas by MrTA(m): 1:07pm On Mar 05, 2012
I still feel he should have been given time to build his own squad in his own image. The players didnt back him because he wanted to phase out the older guys and they werent having it. One of the main problems is that the likes of JT have the direct ear of Roman. They can go straight to speak with Roman which should never be allowed to happen. AvB didnt stand a chance really and its all part of what contributed to results been poor. No changes theere at all. The next manager will come in and the same will happen if he doesnt win FIFA world cup and African nations cup as well. I wonder how Roman can be so successful if he has kneejerk reactions to everything and making such huge errors in judgement.
Sacking Jose ( employing Avram grin),Carlo ( and Ray Wilkins) ,AvB. just terrible decisions all round. Long may it continue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Fulham - (3 - 2) 25th August 2012 / QPR Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 4th March 2015 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool (0 - 3) On 31st August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.