Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa (5756 Views)

Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July / NEMA Evacuates Nigerians From Yemen (photos) / Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by mukina2: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2012
The Federal Government yesterday decried the deportation of 125 Nigerian travellers from South Africa for allegedly being in possession of fake Yellow Fever Certificates.

The Nigerians were deported from South Africa on Friday.

In an interview with NAN in Abuja, Foreign Affairs Minister Olugbenga Ashiru said that the South African High Commission in Nigeria had verified the certificates before issuing visas from their Lagos and Abuja offices to the travellers.

Ashiru also said that Nigeria had been certified by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as a Yellow Fever free nation and as such he did not see any reason why the South African Immigration Services turned back the travellers.

“That is why countries in Europe and the US do not demand Yellow Fever cards from Nigerian travellers; it is only South Africa, and a few countries in the Southern Hemisphere who demand Yellow Fever card from travellers.”

Meanwhile, Ashiru has directed the Nigerian High Commissioner in South Africa to lodge a formal protest over the action of South African immigration officials.

“Nigeria will handle the matter in a matured way; however, it must be stressed that South African immigration officials do not have the monopoly of harassing travellers coming into their country.”

Nigeria and South Africa in 2001 established a Bi-National Commission to, among other issues, promote trade and investment, and easy visa process. (NAN)

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=156229:fg-condemns-deportation-of-125-nigerians-from-south-africa&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by amtheone(m): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2012
The so call FG should go and sit down. They should kip their mouth shut. Is SA not one of the countries in Africa. If SA can develop their own to a standard that Nigerians are queuing up for visa what stop them(FG) from doing so.

Other African countries are busy developing their countries, our FG is busy stealing. Corruption wont allow them.
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by Mayflowa(m): 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
I like the monopoly part.
Every person has got nuisance value. Send ripping MTN off. They have more to lose. I hate it when foreigners are unfair to Nigerians. Nigeria is the most accommodating country. We are even more receptive to foreigners than ourselves. Whereas, other countries dish us blows. I blame Nigeria for not able to tranform their fortune!
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by Novice1(m): 2:03pm On Mar 05, 2012
amtheone:

The so call FG should go and sit down. They should kip their mouth shut. Is SA not one of the countries in Africa. If SA can develop their own to a standard that Nigerians are queuing up for visa what stop them(FG) from doing so.

Other African countries are busy developing their countries, our FG is busy stealing. Corruption wont allow them.

AND truth be told, you dont need to get vaccinated to get a Yellow Fever certificate in Nigeria. Just send the necessary naira and your certificate will be ready.
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 05, 2012
Mayflowa:

Every person has got nuisance value. Send ripping MTN off. They have more to lose. I hate it when foreigners are unfair to Nigerians. Nigeria is the most accommodating country. We are even more receptive to foreigners than ourselves. Whereas, other countries dish us blows. I blame Nigeria for not able to tranform their fortune!
Just like calling ashawo accommodating.
When you have no values and standards, you become every man's biatch, Stop blaming MTN and SA. We have to learn to fix our problems and stop this accommodating bullshit,
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by wolebaba(m): 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
The Die is cast,
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 05, 2012
Mayflowa:

Every person has got nuisance value. Send ripping MTN off. They have more to lose. I hate it when foreigners are unfair to Nigerians. Nigeria is the most accommodating country. [b]We are even more receptive to foreigners than ourselves. [/b]Whereas, other countries dish us blows. I blame Nigeria for not able to tranform their fortune!

You can say that again embarassed
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by buJu234: 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2012
they condemned it abi; while they support SA companies (like MTN; DSTV; SHOPRITE etc) making huge profits 4rm Nigeria and sending them back to SA to develop their economy, ;
meanwhile the same govt. cant even develop our economy.

so who is fooling who
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by sunny2011: 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2012
It is rather a shame that Nigerian's are subjected to such a ridicule.let our govt develop our country and make life easy for us. We have abundant resources to make dis nation good but our leaders are so corrupt. Posterity will hold them accountable.
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2012
musKeeto:

Just like calling ashawo accommodating.
When you have no values and standards, you become every man's biatch, Stop blaming MTN and SA. We have to learn to fix our problems and stop this accommodating bullshit,

Couldn't have said it any better.
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by RSA(m): 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2012
But the demand is not only directed to Nigerians,there where lots of people from other countries that are considered high risk for yellow fever who where turned back if they didn't carry the right document.

The four Malawian players sent home for invalid Yellow Fever certificates
Detained Malawian players sent home
Posted: 2012-03-05 15:04

The four Malawian players that were held at the OR Tambo International Airport over the weekend for failing to produce valid Yellow Fever certificates as per the country's health regulations have been sent back to their homeland.

Atusaye Nyondo of SuperSport United, Santos midfielder Tawonga Chimodzi, Black Leopards' David Banda and Limbikani Mzava of Bloemfontein arrived at the airport last Friday from Chad via Nairobi, Kenya where they had played against the hosts in a 2012 Afcon qualifier.

However, they were all refused entry into the country and then detained before being sent to Malawi where they will now have to acquire their yellow fever certificates.

Airport officials had initially threatened to send them back to Kenya where they had flown in from.

Regulations stipulate that everyone travelling from Kenya and Chad – both of which are classified yellow fever regions – must have a valid yellow fever certificate to gain entry into South Africa.

Source kickoff.com
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by stepo707: 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2012
buJu-234:

they condemned it abi; while they support SA companies (like MTN; DSTV; SHOPRITE etc) making huge profits 4rm Nigeria and sending them back to SA to develop their economy, ;

so who is fooling who
You are right!
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by Demdem(m): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2012
i think its high time we start requesting for HIV certificates from all potential SA coming into our country undecided
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by dmainboss: 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2012
buJu-234:

so who is fooling who

So if our economy is developed, Nigerians will not travel abroad again? Some of you have taken this your negativity about Nigeria to another level. If you dont like your country, please relocate. The south Africans are twats! Ship em all back!
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by Navi(m): 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2012
Bleep south africa, whc reasonable nigerian wud luv to reside in south africa, mtcheewww
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by LEXYLOV: 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2012
Olugbenga Ashiru is a foolish name. Why not him advice his government to stop looting money meant for economy and development of Nigeria and use the money to create jobs, infrastructures, economy boost, benefits etc , so that Nigerians can be sitting back in their country and enjoy instead of running ups and down into people countries anyhow lipsrsealed
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by Demdem(m): 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2012
Navi:

bleep south africa, whc reasonable nigerian wud luv to reside in south africa, mtcheewww

To be honest, SA is a better country than Nigeria as regards living standards IMO however

Demdem:

i think its high time we start requesting for HIV certificates from all potential SA coming into our country undecided
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by buJu234: 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2012
i still keep on telling those that will listen; the Nigerian elites (government leaders; big time religious leaders; highly successful people economically etc)
dont believe that Nigeria as a country has a future for them,

thats why all they do most times is to collect/milk as much as they can when they have the opportunity.

then they go and invest it abroad and use those foreign companies to continue the milking art.

if they believe in Nigeria; they will NOT be growing other countries economies:-

(a) education:- all their children are there; Ghana only gets more than $1 billion dollars annually 4rm Nigerian students (what abt d UK;UK Asia countries etc)
                        meanwhile the children of the average & poor men struggle with both Jamb; Post Jamb; obsolete infrastructure; obsolete text bks etc)

(b) Companies:- have u ever asked urself why did HITv failed but DSTv is waxing stronger or why is that govt. officials are investing in MTN but they all allowed companies like
                          Mtel to fold up.

(c) Oil & gas :- Bp just decided to pay compensation of over $7b to spill victims; meanwhile GEJ own state & environs are suffering for crude oil spillage, ; etc

men they are too many,

its only the poor & average man that goes to church & mosque to pray 4 d betterment of Nigeria; the Elite pray 4 d prosperity of the businesses ( which is mostly milking Nigeria dry) & then
transfer their family abroad ,,,

so according to Chita (smooth FM); WHY NOT BECOME AN ELEPHANT?
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by cabali(m): 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2012
The requirement to enter SA and some other African countries is a yellow fever vaccination and a certificate (card) to show for it! These cards are available for N2,500 without vaccination! They are even sold at the airports.

The FG should look into that fraud rather than condemning SA for doing their jobs right!

I am sure if the same vaccination is a requirement for entry into the UK or US, people will do the right thing but since it is SA, we expect then to 'overlook'
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by 1025: 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
FG my foot. very soon, ghana na benin republic will start deporting nigerians and this same criminal minded and shameless fg will come back to shout like toothless buldog they are.
pls those of us travelling, buy the yellow cards at the airport with just N500 from those cleaners at the airport.
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by dasparrow: 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2012
Mayflowa:

Nigeria is the most accommodating country. We are even more receptive to foreigners than ourselves. Whereas, other countries dish us blows. I blame Nigeria for not able to tranform their fortune!

@bolded, ain't that the sad truth! I have always wondered why we Nigerians have no problem treating each other with so much disdain both at home and abroad but will have the back/loyalty of foreigners in a heart beat. Goes to show why we are considered a joke by other nationalities. We have refused to treat each other with love and support so why do we complain when we are treated like crap? what other nationalities do you know of that support foreigners over their own people? Only Nigerians!  undecided
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by DAY12(m): 4:27pm On Mar 05, 2012
Nigerians are tired of Nigeria - - - I swear! angry
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by juman(m): 5:14pm On Mar 05, 2012
sunny_2011:

It is rather a shame that Nigerian's are subjected to such a ridicule.let our govt develop our country and make life easy for us. We have abundant resources to make dis nation good but our leaders are so corrupt. Posterity will hold them accountable.
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by Sirmuell(m): 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2012
This is really sad and soon as said earlier countries like Ghana and Senegal will follow suit to deport Nigerians! Nigeria has failed in all ramifications of human existence and co-habitation.
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by otiigba1(m): 7:31pm On Mar 05, 2012
what are people going to do in south africa anyway? i lived in hillbrow johanesburg( mimosa hotels) for five years before i moved to london, i didnt like it, if you are not going to europe or america forget it.
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by Osama10(m): 7:47pm On Mar 05, 2012
Why the whining FG?

Deport double that figure from Naija if you are really serious. angry
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by adamaw2tuf: 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2012
HERE IS THE REASON WHY EVERY COUNTRY FIND IT EASY TO SHIIIT ON U,COS U LL DO ANYTHING NOT TO HELP OR SHOW LOVE TO ONATHER EVEN WHEN EVERY BOMB THAT GOES OFF ROASTS INNOCENT PEOPLE,ALL THEY CAN SEE MOST OF U DO IS TO LAUGH AND MAKE EXCUSES FOR TERRORISTS THEY DONT WANT U COME AND PLANT THAT MENTALITY IN SOUTHAFRICA.
Mayflowa:

Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by dancewith: 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2012
This is utterly despicable from the South Africans. Even if the yellow fever cards are fakes, it must be clear the sheer volume means the travelers got the cards in good faith and possibly without knowledge they were fakes. Can they treat Americans this way? or the Brits? That will be a No. They did this because they believe they can do just about anything to Nigerians and nothing will happen.

It goes without saying that if the govt can sweep this under the table, Nigerians must rise up to defend their brothers honor. We must by-cot all South African businesses and contacts starting now. Economic power often is the most effective power. can all MTN users switch off in Nigeria? Can all user of DSTV call for account closures and can all customers of Stanbic Bank close their accounts If we can do this, then the whole world, not just SA, would start taking us seriously. This is why I like Chavez. You cannot do this to Venezuelans and get away with it. Why can't our government find a dumb reason to deport all the high ranking officials in MTN, Stanbic, Shoprite and DSTV that are South Africans? Thats the only way we can be taken seriously
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by studyineu: 9:59pm On Mar 05, 2012
Nonsense FG. Enough of talk we need action. Depot all SA nationals in Nigeria that should tell them we are equal to the task.
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by khukhi(f): 12:09am On Mar 06, 2012
Hi everyone. I'm just wondering, since most Nigerian people often complain about the corruption and everything the government is not doing. , when is someone going to actually do something about it. Your country has a lot of money. Unfortunatly its being looted by the few who have access to it. It may be that customs officials all over the world look at nigerians in detail when getting into their borders, but the reason is that corruption and fake documents are mostly used by nigerians than anywhere else. That is because you have a huge population and because of what's happening people r forced to go overseas 4 better opportunities. What's haltering you from making the change in your country? R u waiting for a saviour? Y'll is educated enough so what u waiting for? Or u also need the U.S to train ur youth just like the Tunisian and Egyptians youths b 4 the Arab Spring?
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by topeorekoy(m): 6:00am On Mar 06, 2012
Jst heard on radio now that many south Africans were deported yestaday too. Is ds true?
Re: Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa by sunny2011: 6:15am On Mar 06, 2012
Yes. This is an old new.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In Iraq..... Lets Know Ourselves. / Canada Visa Got Rejected Twice Please Help / Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.