Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Characteristics Of The False Prophets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Characteristics Of The False Prophets (2782 Views)

Myles Munroe The False Teacher Dies / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Characteristics Of The False Prophets by Habinger(m): 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2012
The false prophets are in different categories, first are those who claim the title without the calling and the anointing. Since they don’t have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit they cannot prophesy, so they tell lies, they don’t have and cannot teach accurate revelatory messages from Jesus Christ, and also cannot show any supernatural signs of a true prophet…

These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit (Jude1:19) These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage (2peter2:17-19).

The second category are those who can prophesy and use the name of Jesus Christ to do many wonderful works but fail to keep His commandments, or follow His teachings accordingly…   

Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. any will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity (Matthew7:21-23).

The third category are the diviners, spiritualists, shamans and many others who reveal secrets and foretell futures through consultation of a familiar spirit and by using mind science….(1Samuel28:5-14).

Lack of the fruits of the spirit: Jesus says “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit; neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them (Mathew7:15-20)

Prophesies at his or her own will: a true prophet prophesies only when the Holy Ghost moves and gives them utterance (2Peter2:19-20). But false prophets’ prophesies at anytime you sow a monetary seed, or whenever they choose to prophesy.

Self-glorification: false prophets glorify themselves instead of Christ; they don’t teach people how to hear from God. They manipulate people to depend on them (Act13:12, 8:9-10)

Prophesying through a medium: true prophets prophesy by faith through the help of the Holy Ghost, the majority of false prophets use a medium such as crystal ball, tarot card, Ouija board, zodiac and so forth to access hidden things though the help of a familiar spirit (Jeremiah2:cool.

Money Conscious: unlike the true prophets of God, false prophets are always money conscious. Most of them can’t prophesy to people without demanding monetary offerings, or after their prophecy they must ask people to sow a seed in other to claim or “activate” their prophecies (Micah3:11).

Fame conscious: the false prophets are popularity minded, they seek for recognitions of men, which is  why they boast and make much noise about their deeds and advertises their miracles and ministries on the radio, television and internet (Mathew6:1-5).

Lacks accurate revelation of Christ: the teachings and prophesies of the false prophets always focus on material blessings they don’t have a true revelation of Christ or the kingdom of God; they can’t bring young Christians into full maturity of Christ. It is a fact that they can make an accurate prediction but after that, they can’t stay true to their teaching, and lead people astray (Deuteronomy13:1-5).

Seclusion: Jesus commanded every Christian to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything he has commanded(Mathew28:19-20). False prophets always try to operate like the Old Testament prophets; they don’t go out to preach the gospel to the sinners, instead they will establish themselves a prayer house where they want people to come and inquire from God with offerings.
Re: Characteristics Of The False Prophets by Ptolomeus(m): 9:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
Habinger:

The false prophets
medium such as crystal ball, tarot card, Ouija board, zodiac and so forth to access hidden things though the help of a familiar spirit (Jeremiah2:8).

Jeremias 2.8
"The priests said not, "Where is the LORD?"
and those with the law knew me not;
the pastors also transgressed against me;
the prophets prophesied by Baal
and walked after things that do not profit."

Mhhhhh
Special translation, right?
Re: Characteristics Of The False Prophets by Habinger(m): 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2012
@Ptolomeus

My friend this is not a bible quotation competition; light and darkness have noting in common!
Re: Characteristics Of The False Prophets by Goshen360(m): 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Jeremias 2.8
"The priests said not, "Where is the LORD?"
and those with the law knew me not;
the pastors also transgressed against me;
the prophets prophesied by Baal
and walked after things that do not profit."

Mhhhhh
Special translation, right?

You seems to omit, "by Baal". That's what the poster is trynna make reference to. Thank you.
Re: Characteristics Of The False Prophets by Ptolomeus(m): 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2012
Habinger:

@Ptolomeus

My friend this is not a bible quotation competition; light and darkness have noting in common!
My friend.
It's not a competition.
It is incorrect to quote passages tendentiously changing its content.
Just this passage does not say what is stated.

goshen360:

You seems to omit, "by Baal". That's what the poster is trynna make reference to. Thank you.
"of false prophets use a medium such as crystal ball, tarot card, Ouija board, zodiac and so forth to access hidden things though the help of a familiar spirit (Jeremiah2:cool."
Read what was given as Jeremiah 2.8
crystal ball, tarot card, Ouija board, zodiac and so forth to access hidden things though the help of a familiar spirit (Jeremiah2:cool.
Please!!!!.
This is not a competition, but it is unethical to quote passages with such rude and biased errors.
thanks
My respects.
Re: Characteristics Of The False Prophets by Habinger(m): 4:18pm On Mar 06, 2012
@Ptolomeus

Okey bro! I have seen what you are pointing out to my attention!

Prophesying through a medium: true prophets prophesy by faith through the help of the Holy Ghost, the majority of false prophets use a medium such as crystal ball, tarot card, Ouija board, zodiac and so forth to access hidden things though the help of a familiar spirit (Jeremiah2:cool.

I am not trying to quote exactly what is written in the book of (Jeremiah 2:cool In the days of Jeremiah the false prophets prophecies by Baal! I writing what is happening in my own time, the majority of false prophets use a medium such as crystal ball, tarot card, Ouija board, zodiac and so forth to access hidden things though the help of a familiar spirit. I added (Jeremiah 2:cool for people to compare it with the present happenings! thanks for your concern my brother!
Re: Characteristics Of The False Prophets by basadenet: 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2012
Habinger:

The false prophets are in different categories, first are those who claim the title without the calling and the anointing. Since they don’t have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit they cannot prophesy, so they tell lies, they don’t have and cannot teach accurate revelatory messages from Jesus Christ, and also cannot show any supernatural signs of a true prophet…

These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit (Jude1:19) These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage (2peter2:17-19).

The second category are those who can prophesy and use the name of Jesus Christ to do many wonderful works but fail to keep His commandments, or follow His teachings accordingly…   

Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. any will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity (Matthew7:21-23).

The third category are the diviners, spiritualists, shamans and many others who reveal secrets and foretell futures through consultation of a familiar spirit and by using mind science….(1Samuel28:5-14).

Lack of the fruits of the spirit: Jesus says “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit; neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them (Mathew7:15-20)

Prophesies at his or her own will: a true prophet prophesies only when the Holy Ghost moves and gives them utterance (2Peter2:19-20). But false prophets’ prophesies at anytime you sow a monetary seed, or whenever they choose to prophesy.

Self-glorification: false prophets glorify themselves instead of Christ; they don’t teach people how to hear from God. They manipulate people to depend on them (Act13:12, 8:9-10)

Money Conscious: unlike the true prophets of God, false prophets are always money conscious. Most of them can’t prophesy to people without demanding monetary offerings, or after their prophecy they must ask people to sow a seed in other to claim or “activate” their prophecies (Micah3:11).

Fame conscious: the false prophets are popularity minded, they seek for recognitions of men, which is  why they boast and make much noise about their deeds and advertises their miracles and ministries on the radio, television and internet (Mathew6:1-5).

Lacks accurate revelation of Christ: the teachings and prophesies of the false prophets always focus on material blessings they don’t have a true revelation of Christ or the kingdom of God; they can’t bring young Christians into full maturity of Christ. It is a fact that they can make an accurate prediction but after that, they can’t stay true to their teaching, and lead people astray (Deuteronomy13:1-5).

Seclusion: Jesus commanded every Christian to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything he has commanded(Mathew28:19-20). False prophets always try to operate like the Old Testament prophets; they don’t go out to preach the gospel to the sinners, instead they will establish themselves a prayer house where they want people to come and inquire from God with offerings.

@Habinger. You must be a prophet in the making, because i agree 100% with all your submissionhere. In Nigeria fake prophets or pastors accounted for more than 99% of men of God.

(1) (Reply)

Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. / Prophet Ireti Ajanaku Is Alive / ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.