Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Naija In Slovenia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija In Slovenia (14319 Views)

Any Naija In Kuwait'abt 2 Fly 2 D Almighty Dinar World Strongest Money Country / Naija In Southy: My Ongoing Experience. / Naija In Belarus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija In Slovenia by ludab: 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2012
Nigerians in Slovenia, how can one change one month visiting visa to student visa and how's life there like employment and so on, you all know that. so share your experiences and surviving tips here, people are waiting,
Re: Naija In Slovenia by tennyalad(m): 8:25am On Mar 08, 2012
if you are applying for the first student visa in slovenia, you have to apply from abroad but before the visa part you need to have enrolled into any uni like well in advance cos they first need to convert your result to slovenia standard before forwarding your application to the uni of your choice for consideration except you choose private which i think is faster.
life here is cool, peaceful and of course a beautiful country smiley but to get a job you need to learn the language except you are lucky enough to find someone to employ you without needing the language.
all the best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija In Slovenia by frakie: 4:25pm On Mar 09, 2012
How cn one apply for d visa? Where is their embassy situatd in nigeria? Wht is their visa proceedures. Hw cn one contact d schools, hw cn i believe dat my result is up 2 slovania standard? Wht do u mean by private?

1 Like

Re: Naija In Slovenia by tennyalad(m): 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2012
lots of questions man
you can only apply for the visa in Egypt
they also dont have embassy in Nigeria
Visa procedure is like any other school, enroll into school, get adm letter, take it to the emb with all docs and hope for the best smiley
School contact info is online, all you have to do is google it but there are few courses in English infact, just one undergrad course in English and about 20 or thereabout courses for Masters & Phd
You will send your result to the uni and they will evaluate it and let you know but dont forget to authenticate it before sending it out
i think you just apply directly to private uni and they will evaluate your result based on their uni standard, not sure how that works cos im studying at their public uni.

1 Like

Re: Naija In Slovenia by frauduloso: 5:24pm On Mar 10, 2012
Apart from G.E.A COLLEGE Ljubjana that offers a bachelor degree in ENTREPRENEUR STUDIES in English language is there any other University in Slovenia with a bachelor degree program done in english language?
Re: Naija In Slovenia by ludab: 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2012
@tennyalad, What's the best way to be there? What option can someone have about change visiting visa to permanent visa? And how can you compare there with other European countries in terms of getting cash and life style? If someone is there with visiting visa, changing to student visa is it easy? Please explain more about the countries and what advice you have for new comers. Thanks your contributions,

3 Likes

Re: Naija In Slovenia by tennyalad(m): 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2012
@frauduloso the university of ljubljana offers just one undergrad degree in english and thats offered at the faculty of economics (FELU) you should google it and find out more.
@ludab read my previous post
Re: Naija In Slovenia by ludab: 5:59pm On Mar 19, 2012
@tennyalad, Slovenia embassy in Egypt, should oneself be present at the embassy to apply for visa or mail his/her application to Egypt for visa or is there any embassy in Nigeria you can apply thru them.
Re: Naija In Slovenia by tennyalad(m): 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2012
you have to go there in person to do the interview, for reasons best known to them they refuse to sign agreement with any other EU embassies in Nigeria to process application for them but hopefully they will do that in the near future smiley so your only option is to go to Egypt
Re: Naija In Slovenia by olaremy2k: 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2012
Hello mr. tennyalad...longest time,hope ure fine...this is Idris from Ibadan
Re: Naija In Slovenia by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 20, 2012
Plz,,hw is their tution fee ranges in slovenia,can someone will b able to get cheap university there?tnxxx
Re: Naija In Slovenia by tennyalad(m): 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2012
@olaremy long time, how are you doing?
@demaejy tuition fee range from around 2500 to 4000 euros so its more like attending private uni in naija just that the cost of living here is more than the cost of living in naija
Re: Naija In Slovenia by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 21, 2012
Thank you!
Re: Naija In Slovenia by tennyalad(m): 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2012
uw
Re: Naija In Slovenia by gowaga68: 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
whats going on here?
Re: Naija In Slovenia by Shehudream(m): 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2018
@tennyalad, it seems you are familiar with the stuff regarding to study in Slovenia. I don't know if you can be of help to me to enable me move on with my application, I was about to lunch my application but I've stuck on the process to legalize my certificate in one of their embassy representatives here in Abuja. If you came across this post kindly help me out with vital info. Thanks�
Re: Naija In Slovenia by tennyalad(m): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shehudream:
@tennyalad, it seems you are familiar with the stuff regarding to study in Slovenia. I don't know if you can be of help to me to enable me move on with my application, I was about to lunch my application but I've stuck on the process to legalize my certificate in one of their embassy representatives here in Abuja. If you came across this post kindly help me out with vital info. Thanks�

You would have to authenticate it at the foreign affairs and ministry of education in Abuja first, then go to Nigeria Embassy in Egypt to confirm the authentication is valid after that, you then need to take it to Slovenia consular in Cairo to authenticate confirm the stamp is original.

It's a long winded process. Alternatively, you can authenticate it at Nigeria Embassy in Hungary, then send it to Ministry of Internal Affairs in Ljubljana to authenticate it again.

Honestly, the whole process is long winded.
Re: Naija In Slovenia by Shehudream(m): 8:39am On Aug 16, 2018
Thank you for coming to my aide, I've already done the foreign affairs and ministry of education. I'm going to contact the Hungarian embassy to know how the procedure is. Are you currently in Ljubljana?
Re: Naija In Slovenia by tennyalad(m): 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2018
Shehudream:
Thank you for coming to my aide, I've already done the foreign affairs and ministry of education. I'm going to contact the Hungarian embassy to know how the procedure is. Are you currently in Ljubljana?

I left a few years back after my studies. Reach out on this facebook page to see if anyone there can help you with the process. One other way of doing it is by sending the documents to Nigeria Embassy in Hungary for authentication but you will still need someone in Slovenia to help you submit it to internal affairs for verification.

Have you tried any of the private universities there? The process might be slightly easier.
Re: Naija In Slovenia by Shehudream(m): 6:36am On Aug 17, 2018
okay great, I'll equally want to know the visa procedure the documents you used and their success rate. which of the Facebook are you talking about? you mean Nigerian embassy in Hungary or Hungarian embassy in Nigeria. I have contacted the embassy yesterday regarding to legislation, but their response gone this way...
Dear Customer,

thank you for your mail. The Embassy of Hungary in Abuja is representing Slovenia in short term visa cases only. All long term visa applications and authorization requests are to be addressed to the nearest mission of Slovenia.

Kind regards,

Consular Section

Embassy of Hungary, Abuja

the response is difference from what I have enquired

i went through their website i learned that they normally do legalization but I have to go there in person to clarify everything since I'm living in Abuja.

I have already been in contact with about 3 private universities and their tuition is quite affordable. thank you, your contribution is highly appreciated
Re: Naija In Slovenia by starbn(m): 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
Shehudream:
okay great, I'll equally want to know the visa procedure the documents you used and their success rate. which of the Facebook are you talking about? you mean Nigerian embassy in Hungary or Hungarian embassy in Nigeria. I have contacted the embassy yesterday regarding to legislation, but their response gone this way...
Dear Customer,

thank you for your mail. The Embassy of Hungary in Abuja is representing Slovenia in short term visa cases only. All long term visa applications and authorization requests are to be addressed to the nearest mission of Slovenia.

Kind regards,

Consular Section

i went through their website i learned that they normally do legalization but I have to go there in person to clarify everything since I'm living in Abuja.

I have already been in contact with about 3 private universities and their tuition is quite affordable. thank you, your contribution is highly appreciated
my dear.please I will interested to study over there.let's keep this tread going with useful information.
thanks
Re: Naija In Slovenia by Shehudream(m): 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
You're welcome bro. let's keep tread moving.

I went to Hungarian embassy today and I was told by the security guards that I can do the legalizing at the embassy. He further stated that each page is going to cost me 25 euro, and you need to book an appointment before you can appear at the embassy. So to avoid wasting money unnecessarily, I'll make sure I have the way to do the legalization confirmations at ministry of foreign affairs in Ljubljana If not I rather not start everything.
Re: Naija In Slovenia by starbn(m): 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
Shehudream:

I went to Hungarian embassy today and I was told by the security guards that I can do the legalizing at the embassy. He further stated that each page is going to cost me 25 euro, and you need to book an appointment before you can appear at the embassy. So to avoid wasting money unnecessarily, I'll make sure I have the way to do the legalization confirmations at ministry of foreign affairs in Ljubljana If not I rather not start everything.

thank you so much in sourcing information....
if I may ask you please how do get your admission and what is the name of the school.
secondly,what is the cost of the application and did the school allow to pay tuition after arrival.
Re: Naija In Slovenia by starbn(m): 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
Shehudream:

thank you so much in sourcing information....
if I may ask you please how do get your admission and what is the name of the school.
secondly,what is the cost of the application and did the school allow to pay tuition after arrival....
do you think is their visa is more convenient to other country.
Re: Naija In Slovenia by tennyalad(m): 12:00am On Aug 18, 2018
Shehudream:
Dear Customer,

Kind regards,

Consular Section

The visa is like any other visa. You give it a go and hope for the best. As long as you have sufficient funds to prove you can afford the study and health insurance, you should be good to go.

You should check out this page: https://www.facebook.com/associationofnigeriansinslovenia/ you can reach out to the group if you need any help regarding paper work in Slovenia.
Re: Naija In Slovenia by Shehudream(m): 11:36am On Aug 18, 2018
Thank you very much for your contribution. I'm going to try my best and get connected with one or two guys on the Facebook page to see how it goes.

To the other group member your answer... am actually on the process to legalize my documents. I have been in touch with 3 private university and for what I think and see on their website getting admission there won't be too hard if you can be able to scale through the first process unlike Estonia there are many international students going there, I think the chance are slim more especially me that had gap since my high school graduated. and for the visa I can't comment since I haven't gone that stage yet
Re: Naija In Slovenia by Shehudream(m): 11:41am On Aug 18, 2018
the schools are.. university of Ljubljana. University of Nova Gorica: Univerza v Mariboru, S
Re: Naija In Slovenia by SolaceENERGY: 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
Shehudream:
the schools are.. university of Ljubljana. University of Nova Gorica: Univerza v Mariboru, S

What's popping guys, let's all join hands, we can all make it to Slovenia, let's do joint application to make things easier
Re: Naija In Slovenia by SolaceENERGY: 6:48am On Aug 25, 2018
maduenu2000:
Thank you!

Your attachment is not opening !
Re: Naija In Slovenia by LadySha: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2018
I'm just starting the process for Lj, and it seems the long-term visa cant be applied for here.
what their representative will do is give you a short-term visa and when you get to Slo you will then apply for the permit, just like Malta.
The application will start February and first i want to authenticate my WAEC.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thinking of Going Back to Nigeria For a Job Offer (after 10 years) / What's Happening On The Badagry Axis? / UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.