Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices (21630 Views)

LAWMA Truck Crushes Four SUV Cars At 1004 Estate,VI,Lagos(pics) / Ridiculous Mileage Of Tokunbo Vehicles / N.land Auto Dealers And Ridiculous Prices For Nigerian Used Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 4:56pm On Mar 06, 2012
Hello Nairalanders. Kindly post the link to any car you feel is over priced on NL. This might be FUN
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 5:07pm On Mar 06, 2012

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fhemmmy: 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2012
^^^ But the seller never listed the price on the thread . . .
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 5:28pm On Mar 06, 2012
@Fhemmmy read to Topic of the post the price is clearly stated there

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fhemmmy: 5:32pm On Mar 06, 2012
slim_ad02:

@Fhemmmy read to Topic of the post the price is clearly stated there

No mind me, Sir . . I think it is time for me to change my thick glasses cool

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 5:40pm On Mar 06, 2012
;d
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by texazzpete(m): 5:41pm On Mar 06, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=884957.msg10338376#msg10338376

4.850 million naira for a[b] Nigeria used[/b], 90k mileage, 2008 toyota highlander base model.

Smh. I remember when this place used to be a den of good deals.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 5:47pm On Mar 06, 2012
@texazzpete I feel your pain

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 06, 2012
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 6:56pm On Mar 06, 2012
@saxywale. Mayb the 3 in the "Golf 3" means 3 units

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 07, 2012
@slim

When was the last time you checked exchange rate? Just the maths yourself and you will surely ask for forgiveness on this one. Cars prices would not have been this high if not for the exchange rate. Imagine what market would look like if the exchange rate was $1-N100.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by texazzpete(m): 7:49am On Mar 07, 2012
payless:

@slim

When was the last time you checked exchange rate? Just the maths yourself and you will surely ask for forgiveness on this one. Cars prices would not have been this high if not for the exchange rate. Imagine what market would look like if the exchange rate was $1-N100.

Please come up with more intelligent responses in the future, the exchange rate has now hovered around N150 - 160 for 2 years now. That cannot now be used as an excuse!
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2012
saxywale:

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-866082.0.html
golf 3 for 820k !

I would have love to response to this, but i am not really used to all these golf2, golf3 . . . i am familiar with the year of the ride, if someone could tell the year of golf 3, then, we could do the math together to see if the price attached to the ride is reasonable or outrageous.
I think thread like this is nice, cos it allows us all to learn and be more educated in all we do
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by sheyai: 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-888490.0.html
i called this guy and he says 2.5m  shocked for a 2002/2003 crv, pls how much is a 2007/2008 crv
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 08, 2012
@texazzpete

I don't know what planet you've been living in the last two years. I do exchange of dollars on weekly basis. The exchange rates have been hovering around 153 and 187 naira to $1 in the last 26 months. Between July 2011 and October 2011, it was between 163 and 186 naira to $1. Where did you get the ridiculous figure you posted up there from? If anyone posts a car to sale and you find it too expensive, there is no need to buy from that person. Just go somewhere else and purchase your car. I don't like all these armchair critics that come here all the time and post nonsensical topics about what they have little knowledge about. I am a criminologist by profession. Selling cars is a passion that I have. People like you think those of us who post cars to sell on nairaland are thugs who are just here to make some buck.

Well, it is a free world and free market place for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by texazzpete(m): 7:03am On Mar 08, 2012
payless:

@texazzpete
I don't like all these armchair critics that come here all the time and post nonsensical topics about what they have little knowledge about. I am a criminologist by profession. Selling cars is a passion that I have. People like you think those of us who post cars to sell on nairaland are thugs who are just here to make some buck.

Well, it is a free world and free market place for everyone.

No. I think you're a m0r0n who cannot come up with an intelligent response to save his life.
official exchange rate figures of between N150 - 163 have been far more prevalent than the short-lived period when the exchange rate soared to around N180. Certainly the current exchange rate is far closer to the N160 range i posted than the N100 you posted in an attempt to justify your imbecilic argument.

Considering the fact that I purchased a 2009 Toyota Venza from Inspired 7 months ago, I hardly think I can be called an 'armchair critic'.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Adeone: 9:16am On Mar 08, 2012
All these arguments are baseless.must you buy from nairaland?There are countless places cars are being sold all over Nigeria,why don't you patronise them and save yourself this stress.those who patronise Mr bigss,tantalizers and co knew they could get a cheaper meal at mama fatima's place,but they choose their own place and need not complain to anybody.Nairaland is for those who believe they can get a better deal and not for critics looking for someone to blame for all of their predicaments

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 9:40am On Mar 08, 2012
easy guys the idea behind this thread is "FUN"
its dosnt matter where we buy cars, its nairaland and everyone has the right to put a price on there cars. so also do buyers and observers have the right to criticise. have fun my friends but spend wisely.
@payless
@slim

Do the Math
http://www.landrover.com/us/en/rr/range-rover-evoque/
lets say 200naira - $1 (actual rate is about N157 - $1 check http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
A brand new evoque costs aprox $50,000
50,000 x 200 = 10,000,000

so kindly explain to me how  this TOKUMBO evoque " https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-887577.0.html " cost 24million Naira
is it to ship and clear it that costs another 14million?

@payless @Adeone please let them say

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by blank(f): 9:52am On Mar 08, 2012
bookmarked.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by akuigwe(f): 10:03am On Mar 08, 2012
surely this particular car is reallllly over pricced

grin lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 10:34am On Mar 08, 2012
surely this particular car is reallllly over pricced

@payless dosnt think so
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 10:36am On Mar 08, 2012
Angry dealers should please take it up to Inspired m
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 08, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I would have love to response to this, but i am not really used to all these golf2, golf3 . . . i am familiar with the year of the ride, if someone could tell the year of golf 3, then, we could do the math together to see if the price attached to the ride is reasonable or outrageous.
I think thread like this is nice, cos it allows us all to learn and be more educated in all we do

The last golf 3 (mk3) was produced in 1997. The car can be bought for less than 1500 Euros in Germany or Czech.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2012
saxywale:

The last golf 3 (mk3) was produced in 1997. The car can be bought for less than 1500 Euros in Germany or Czech.

1. You have assumed that the ride was bought in Europe and let us even assume it was bought in Europe.
I am sure the shipping will not be less than 700 EURO (Please dont crucify me, if i get it wrong, cos i am not 100% familiar with European deals.
I am sure it MIGHT cost money to take it to the port or the agent where it will be shipped out, not sure, but let us assume 200 EURO
If we put all that together, we are already at 2400 EURO and again, could someone tell me the current EURO rate?
Clearing of the ride, i am sure would be in the range of 200K Naira.
So let us do the math and see if the seller is being greedy or it is just simply what the market is singing.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2012
Unusually quiet shocked
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 10:06am On Mar 12, 2012
Funny how some dealers advertise cars dat they are not willing or haven't been authorised to sell by the owners
https://www.nairaland.com/889218/full-optioned-07-08-xle
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 12, 2012
Nice Topic..........: grin
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2012
is it just me or is a registered 2004 accord too expensive for 1.5M
https://www.nairaland.com/877535/clean-honda-accord-04-1.5m
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 14, 2012
This is why i will recomend any one to Inspired and fhemmmy also this guy Tadeus got reasonable deals here
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/877535/clean-honda-accord-04-1.5m

i can still see the clean Spark in this car but it is normal to put a price and normal for you to negotiate but i think it worth 1.3m the seller is still reasonable
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 11:58pm On Mar 14, 2012
bandiejay: https://www.nairaland.com/877535/clean-honda-accord-04-1.5m

i can still see the clean Spark in this car but it is normal to put a price and normal for you to negotiate but i think it worth 1.3m the seller is still reasonable
bear in mind its bearing 81,000km already thats alot of mileage, i own a 2007 accord V6 bought in 2008 and has 95,000km mileage and dats5years. plus the seller says "Owner is an elderly woman who spends most of her time in d US.she hardly uses it and sees no need keeping it" well does rims dont look like dey belong to an old woman. only if she is Pdiddy's mother grin

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 12:05am On Mar 15, 2012
smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration / Would You Buy This 1954 Jaguar D-type Le Mans Racer For N7.3 Billion? (photos) / What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.