Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy (14916 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Warning!warning!warning! On Gtbank Ebanking / Ebanking And Customer Satisfaction In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by DualCore1: 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2012
Are there any other Banks with an internet banking platform as reliable and as good as GTBank was about a year ago?

Granted, there are some interesting new features that GTB has added to their platform which have made my life a lot easier like the instant other banks transfer and the foreign exchange transfers but what are the gains of these when now accessing them is a problem.

In the past (few months back) I only needed to carry along any of my handheld devices and my Token with me and walk into anywhere and know I can buy anything I need and easily pay the person instantly from my handheld. Now its a problem. As I post this, GTBank e-banking has been down for 4 hours and counting. . . so many transactions pending. . . business reputations on the line. . . this is not the way forward and its frustrating.

Please share your experiences with internet banking platforms from other Banks.

I am primarily interested in the following services:
Management of different types of bank accounts within one online account.
Instant transfer of funds to other banks
Transaction history
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by studyineu: 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2012
Yea, that's really frustrating, I have been trying to transfer money to a client of mine but the page aint coming up, is really making me angry.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2012
Many other banks do it but you can try First Bank. They are always efficient. Small wonder they were named the Most Innovative Bank in Africa last year
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by neeyee88: 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2012
Oh, I thought I was the only in this fix, i just frustratingly closed the GTbank online page minutes ago becos after long process of getting a token n other stuffs, i just realised i could not transfer foreign currency from my dorm account to another gtbank dorm acct. and trying to access the FX funs transfer stuff hasnt been working, this is annoying, pissed off angry
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Ibadiarann(m): 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2012
Give Fidelity Bank a trial.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by studyineu: 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2012
@dapsee, First Bank might be good but when it comes to technology, GTBank remains Number 1. And their security is tight
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2012
Ibadiarann:

Give Fidelity Bank a trial.

Trial. Did they do something wrong? Trial?
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2012
studyineu:

@dapsee, First Bank might be good but when it comes to technology, GTBank remains Number 1. And their security is tight

First Bank has a superior technology backing its systems and its water tight too. Most online transactions go through three levels of security.

They couldn't be the most innovative bank in Africa without a reason
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by blank(f): 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
I use Diamond bank and i am yet to have any downtime. Also, i have the app on my phone so i do not even need to go to the webpage. Banking has never been easier.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2012
neeyee88:

Oh, I thought I was the only in this fix, i just frustratingly closed the GTbank online page minutes ago becos after long process of getting a token n other stuffs, i just realised i could not transfer foreign currency from my dorm account to another gtbank dorm acct. and trying to access the FX funs transfer stuff hasnt been working, this is annoying, pissed off angry
EXACTLY IN D SAME SHOE. I just dropped d call with their Customer service. I think they employ ond/IT students for dat job. They give me no joy at alllll. They av NEVER solved my problem.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Demdem(m): 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2012
patience guy. Still made some transfers today from the interment banking platform. Patience
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by hardbody: 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2012
Its a phase, i am certain they are working round the clock to fix it. In Nigeria, it is GTBank and the rest. They have my most important accounts and i have no intention of dumping them yet. I actually effected a transfer seamlessly yesterday, so if they are challenged today, it will also come to pass.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by moshoodn(m): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
tumababa:

EXACTLY IN D SAME SHOE. I just dropped d call with their Customer service. I think they employ ond/IT students for dat job. They give me no joy at alllll. They av NEVER solved my problem.
your point exactly?

you better than the ond guy if at all. . .

na wa o. . . be patient
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by DualCore1: 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
Demdem:

patience guy. Still made some transfers today from the interment banking platform. Patience

This is not a matter of patience. . . ever since the "accident" happened a while back and the platform url was routed from "ibank" to "ebank" its been a matter of being fortunate.

I practically depend on the e-banking platform daily, for different kinds of transactions. . . this thing works when it wants to and dies off for minutes at a stretch only to come back.

I still used it today and i'm on it now. It is not reliable. . . I cannot goto anywhere with zero Naira hoping to buy some stuff and pay via a transfer when it so happens that the platform can be in its usual state of coma just when I am in front of the cashier babe waiting for me to pay. . . then what next. . . babe says. . ."you don't have the money? you can save up and come back. Next!". Got forbid.

tumababa:

Don't call customer service for anything you are experiencing on any Nigerian service provider if the problem is general. They cannot help you and the only answer you will get is a stereotyped answer.

Thanks dapsee I will look at First Bank.

blank:

I use Diamond bank and i am yet to have any downtime. Also, i have the app on my phone so i do not even need to go to the webpage. Banking has never been easier.
The mobile app. . . what platform? iOS, Android or BB?
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by cardoso111(m): 4:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
I made a local fund transfer wednesday last week but the alert came on sunday!and today at the Osogbo branch it was the height of frustration!can someone offer us an explanation pls
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by moshoodn(m): 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2012
Dual Core:

This is not a matter of patience. . . ever since the "accident" happened a while back and the platform url was routed from "ibank" to "ebank" its been a matter of being fortunate.

I practically depend on the e-banking platform daily, for different kinds of transactions. . . this thing works when it wants to and dies off for minutes at a stretch only to come back.

I still used it today and i'm on it now. It is not reliable. . . I cannot goto anywhere with zero Naira hoping to buy some stuff and pay via a transfer when it so happens that the platform can be in its usual state of coma just when I am in front of the cashier babe waiting for me to pay. . . then what next. . . babe says. . ."you don't have the money? you can save up and come back. Next!". Got forbid.

Don't call customer service for anything you are experiencing on any Nigerian service provider if the problem is general. They cannot help you and the only answer you will get is a stereotyped answer.

Thanks dapsee I will look at First Bank.
can you just shut up for a while,
all platforms always have their own downtime.
even your newly recommended first bank.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by suolboy(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2012
Fidelity is not currently running an E-transaction. They said they are updating their systems.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by blank(f): 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2012
Dual Core:

It is on my BB and my Nokia. They sent me the link to download it and i have been using it ever since. I think it is just mobile banking cos it works by sending sms. I use it to buy airtime, pay my bills, transfer funds and to have mobile money. It is just shaking my head.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by toosoon(m): 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
For the past 3 weeks , I have been unable to view my account using Ebanking on GTBank.
Error message "Internet Banking Service(s) is not available for this user profile, please contact your financial institution.

I have visited my branch where i opened the account to lay complain, NO SHOW
Also emailed my Acct officer to help follow-up , NO SHOW
I have called GT Connect call center on severally occasion, NO SHOW.
I have sent mails to their unit dept, Till this moment it has not been resolved.
I have changed my password , NO SHOW.
I have completed Internet Banking form to re-profile my user Acct, STILL NO SHOW.

what can i do embarassed embarassed undecided
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Yomboy4ever(m): 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2012
Dis network thing papa, access bank has no network since monday,  i was ther today bt cld nt mk transaction excpt a deposit. D cashier said its nt even certain its goin to work 2day.
Nd guys wana knw if i can operate dis online transactin on my fone?
Thanks
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by DualCore1: 5:13pm On Mar 07, 2012
moshoodn:

can you just shut up for a while,
all platforms always have their own downtime.
even your newly recommended first bank.

I would appreciate if you insult me no further. I don't know you and you don't know me. I'm old enough to post my personal opinions on a public bulletin board and would wish for kids and adults alike to behave with a level of maturity when talking to strangers.

I recommend you move on without trying to reply me.

Please no insults on this thread, just state your experiences, suggestions and alternatives and walk away happy. . .

Yomboy4ever:

Dis network thing papa, access bank has no network since monday,  i was ther today bt cld nt mk transaction excpt a deposit. D cashier said its nt even certain its goin to work 2day.
Nd guys wana knw if i can operate dis online transactin on my fone?
Thanks
These are mission critical systems whose technological glitches should not be frequent or even be noticed by the end users as there should be redundancy in place. A banking application should not have a single point of failure.

blank:

It is on my BB and my Nokia. They sent me the link to download it and i have been using it ever since. I think it is just mobile banking cos it works by sending sms. I use it to buy airtime, pay my bills, transfer funds and to have mobile money. It is just shaking my head.
Thanks. Would love something on android (not mandatory, just preference).
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by blank(f): 5:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
The reason is cos their network is down. A messenger just returned from GTbank in Marina cos they could not process the cheque (after 2 hrs).
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by DualCore1: 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2012
blank:

The reason is cos their network is down.
That is the almighty, all-encompassing message we get in Nigeria. Its as generic as it sounds. Its like us blaming the devil for every bad thing. This is not peculiar to GTBank.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by studyineu: 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2012
GTBank remains the best
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by chiste1: 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2012
@ all:
GTBank is still one of the best along with First Bank.
After-all, all banks and corporate bodies experience similar hic-ups once in awhile.
No human being is perfect likewise all human activities cannot and can never be perfect.
Whats the guarantee that when you move to another bank, you won't source for another bank once similar issues occurs?
Nothing is moving me away from both banks(First bank and GTB) regardless of how long they experience downtown.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by prometheus(m): 6:10pm On Mar 07, 2012
@OP, your best bet on e-banking is firstbank. Maybe u have not tried firstbank in recent years, u will be surprised @ the level of transformation in that bank. Ignore any negative comment u maybe hearing from pple, U will be surprised @ d level firstbank has moved. I was met with a pleasant surprise d day I reluctantly stepped into one of their banking halls.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by highland(m): 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2012
GTB is still the best among the better in Nigeria banking sector.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by cmon(m): 6:17pm On Mar 07, 2012
@Dual Core, It's not just you. I logged in today hoping to perform an FX sale,  For where,  at a long wait waiting for transaction to be complete, the page logs me out telling me my session has expired,  Ok No wahala,  I then went to the bank,  Seeeeeee queuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. My brother, I had to run away so I can live to fight another day (Tomorrow), hoping it wont be the same issue.

I'm not living GTB tho,  This is just the 2nd time I'm experiencing this since I started using it.

Will try tonight when I think their wahala should be fixed
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by SirVee(m): 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2012
GTB is one of the best banks (if not the best) in Nigeria.
The e-banking platform just had a glitch, and it has been fixed. This does not mean that the bank's e-banking is becoming lousy.
As I write outstanding transactions are being posted.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Bumehi: 6:24pm On Mar 07, 2012
Same here in Jos. I returned home without a penny to even pay the okada man! had to borrow from an aboki customer. I logged on to my platform and effected a transfer after several trials. Gtbank is still my baby anytime, This set back is temporary.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 07, 2012
Demdem:

I think they'll need more of GOODLUCK to get any transaction done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors / CBN Spends N281bn To Print New Notes In 5 Years / Tribapay Is Consistently The Best Dollar Card With Great Customer Care,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.