Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,388 members, 7,781,116 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:13 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8063882 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (6952) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ib(f): 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2012
@ Ayobarmy Hip hip hooray!!!! Congratulations to you and mummy. Such a wonderful joyful thing to happen. Im glad baby and mum are doing ok. Did you say 30 minutes after water broke? or 30 minutes of labour?? Na wah ohh....your wifey na hebrew woman oh. So blessed to have such a short labour. I pray that for myself and all expectant mums.

i had a prayer shower organised for me at church today, it was very nice. Im 38 weeks today so baby can come anytime now, ive been having the braxton hicks contractions and was getting anxious that baby is coming, baby is coming but now ive decided to chill out and take things easy, baby will come when it is ready to come. Besides there's a party coming up on my due date and i want to be dia to wack rice and mineral so im not ready for baby yet.

what else...dudugirl...take it easy oh...you can share your worries with us and we can talk it thru and most importantly pray.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mirob(f): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2012
ayobarmy: Singing::.::...: Come and joy me sing halleluyah ooooo, Jehovah jaire has done me well::......... The ever faithful God has finnally done it, My wife delivered a bouncing baby boy yesternight and according to the news reaching me dis morning, both the mother and the baby are doing just FINE, the labour lasted for about 30minites after waterbreaking......., .I AM THE HAPPIEST MAN ON EARTH TODAY.........

Congratulations to you and your wife for this bundle of joy, ₪☺τ̅ married yet but I must confess I'm enjoying every single post, kudos to the Op, hoping to experience this real soon, it is actually the joy of every woman. Once again, congrats to Ayobarmy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2012
@ ayorbamy, so happy for u! God bles u and ur family! @ all, I'm just a little overwhelmed what with the lack of sleep and having to wake up every two hourS to nurse and change diapers, its inteerestinng but serious hard work! Amd I gueS I have malaria, I don't have the appetite for food and they have to force me to eat the little I do, I just want to take care of my little one!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 6:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
ayobarmy: Singing::.::...: Come and joy me sing halleluyah ooooo, Jehovah jaire has done me well::......... The ever faithful God has finnally done it, My wife delivered a bouncing baby boy yesternight and according to the news reaching me dis morning, both the mother and the baby are doing just FINE, the labour lasted for about 30minites after waterbreaking......., .I AM THE HAPPIEST MAN ON EARTH TODAY.........

Hip hip hurry!

Congratulations to you & wifey. May the good lord bless you both and your bundle of joy!

Well done man smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 9:04pm On Apr 14, 2012
Waowwww...congrats Ayorbamy on d arrival of ur baby,God bless n keep him.Big congrats to ur wife too.I'm overwhelmed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2012
@ayobarmy CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! i love stories like this, enjoy your LO daddy.
@dudugirl you are describing the feelings of every new mom, its real hard on you to take on the new role of mommy a job thats 24 hours with no time off. It takes time to get used to even now i still feel overwhelmed and my son is 20 months. I know this is gonna sound strange but try not to get to lost in your baby and motherhood duties. Take some time for yourself, even if its only 10 minutes a day, take it to gather your thoughts and releive your stress so you are not overwhelmed. If you can do it while you are in the shower, thats when your all alone, communicate with g-d or your source in which you draw strength. Please also look for signs of ppd, if you are feeling sad, or not like yourself, this is often associated with the drop of hormones after delivery and some women expereince it differently than others. If you begin to feel this way please let me know.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayobarmy(m): 4:35am On Apr 15, 2012
Thanks mummys for the good will messages may the good Lord continue to deliever all pregnant women safely in Jesus name(Amen)..............., on the day of my child dedication, i promise all the mummys in the house 1plate of rice each, and a bottle of malt....lol
@agi i cant find my wife's name on the front page WHY?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 4:41am On Apr 15, 2012
ayobarmy: Thanks mummys for the good will messages may the good Lord continue to deliever all pregnant women safely in Jesus name(Amen)..............., on the day of my child dedication, i promise all the mummys in the house 1plate of rice each, and a bottle of malt....lol
@agi i cant find my wife's name on the front page WHY?

lol, daddy i put her name on their as "25.) Ayobarmy Due June 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley******* " i dont know your wife name so i had to use the only name we know on NL being your user name Ayobarmy, if you want me to use another name please tell me so i can change it,,,hmmm about the malt i hope you in the PH area cause i love rice and my son love malt well well wink wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayobarmy(m): 6:25am On Apr 15, 2012
@agi, her name is OLUWATOSIN..... And concerning the rice&malt, dont bother about the location bcuz DHL the official sponsor of the dedication is ready to deliever it to every1's door step.... Home delivery available.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pamperme: 7:39am On Apr 15, 2012
Congratulations Ayorbarmy. May the good Lord keep and protect your baby, the new mum and happy Daddy through Christ our Lord.

My friend is 37weeks today, just beginning to have trouble walking, she complains abt pain in her pubic area. Told her to inform the Dr. on her next appointment.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2012
Feeling much better today, I guess its the lack of ssleep that got the better of me! I'm used to sleeping long hours, but with my little bunny now, I've to wake up every other hour, I do hope the pattern changes whereby she gets to play during the day and sleeps at nite!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 9:14am On Apr 15, 2012
Wow
Congrats Ayobami

House, my situation is nt gettin funny anymore
Sobs
I now throw out everyth in my stomach, even wen dere is nottin, I am nt enjoyin dis anymore, its killin me
Cries out loud
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olamide123: 10:59am On Apr 15, 2012
Congrats Ayobarmy, I so chuffed for you cheesy cheesy.... So the scan result wasn't accurate after all...lol. All the best.

Pele Diamondlove, the Lord is your strength.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2012
Congrats to d new mummy and daddy, am waiting for my turn oh can't wait to seemy bundle of joy.wedding is dis wk Saturday, thank God cos I am so strong. @ diamondlove what is d problem?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2012
Dere are lots of prob
Anyth I take in will surely cm out, even water
God, I didn't ask 4 dis
I nid strength bt dr gave mw smth 2 drop in water and drink constantly and one oda drug, well can't rem d name cos I was not interested
I jst hp, it stops dis vomit and mk me strong again

Dis baby is provin stubborn at dis early stage
Snaps finger, d baby will meet me right here
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 8:28pm On Apr 15, 2012
Congrats o. God has done it again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by camrygmail: 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2012
Congratulations dude girl and ayobarmmy We give God all the glory for safe delivery God bless the babies.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2012
@ ayobarmy i have updated it, enjoy your little one daddy
@diamond wow you are really going through a tough time, My friend had the same type of pregnancy, it got better for her in third tri and she began to eat non stop, what medications are you taking? I know of one med that is safe to take during pregnancy for nausea and vomitting but i am not sure if its available over here in Nigeria.
@dudugirl, how are you doing mommy? LO will eventually get into a routine and will EVENTUALLY sleep @ nights, that has not happened for me yet and my son is 20 months cheesy and im still up all hours in the night.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2012
Laughing yes ur baby will definitely meet u ok,stop worryin and tke ur drugs k. It is well, am so glad I never had morning sickness d stories I've heard r scary. Sme days back I was sayin am tired of being pregnant, tat it's hard $ evrytn $ d Holy spirit jst reminded me of d story of d man who was complaining he hadno shoes until he saw d man who had no legs. So be happy u can conceive $ enjoy motherhood because so many r jst prayin $ sayin God jst 1 child, pls give me. Enjoy mama.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 9:13pm On Apr 15, 2012
Luvlee: Laughing yes ur baby will definitely meet u ok,stop worryin and tke ur drugs k. It is well, am so glad I never had morning sickness d stories I've heard r scary. Sme days back I was sayin am tired of being pregnant, tat it's hard $ evrytn $ d Holy spirit jst reminded me of d story of d man who was complaining he hadno shoes until he saw d man who had no legs. So be happy u can conceive $ enjoy motherhood because so many r jst prayin $ sayin God jst 1 child, pls give me. Enjoy mama.

could not have said it better myself
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 7:31am On Apr 16, 2012
congrats ayobarmy.
may God bless ur LO and increase ur family even more, amen.
@daimondlove,
u have to be strong, ma dear, but most importantly, even if u dont use any supplements, use ur folic acid. take it @night.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 8:44am On Apr 16, 2012
Good morning everyone, I'm a bit happy this morning, my princess woke up just twice overnight,and she's asleep now, need to catch an hour of sleep, will be back
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 9:38am On Apr 16, 2012
Dudugirl01:
Good morning everyone, I'm a bit happy this morning, my princess woke up just twice overnight,and she's asleep now, need to catch an hour of sleep, will be back

Morning to you too!

Sounds like your little one is gradually settling into a routine smiley

Good for you & glad to know you're happier girl. Always remember we're here to support each other, so whenever you get the blues, just give us a shout smiley

Now mine's just awaken, gotta dash b4 she starts yelling wink

The life of a mum eh? tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayobarmy(m): 10:14am On Apr 16, 2012
@agi, if u are on facebook, pls give me ur id so i can add u.... Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 10:19am On Apr 16, 2012
Hi moms and moms-to-be,
@ayobami, congrats to ur new love

Please I will like to ask, what exactly hapens during antenatal, is it just talks and talks or tests and tests, Hubby is saying I should start antenatal now, even my brother who is a Dr says I should start now, my mum is saying I can still wait until it's 4 months, am over 3 months now, I will like to know what happens during antenatal.

Also, for working class pregnant women in Nigeria, do u still have enough time to go to the office after antenatal, ow long does it usually take,

I thank God morning sickness has reduced now, I hardly vomit dis days cos I know what actually triggers it, except when I want an undue attention from hubby, I take vomit triggers and like magic, I will start vomitting.

To all still experiencing morning sickness, please take heart, it is only a matter of time, it is better to experience morning sickness and be rest assured that the pregnancy is still intact than not to, and become worried whether the pregnancy is gone or not, everything is for good o,
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by osikhueme(f): 10:36am On Apr 16, 2012
What happens during antenatal depends on your hospital, some hospitals just do tests while some go beyond the test and organize classes for preggies

Initially wen I started antenatal I used to go 2 work n leave 4 antenatal bt as I got closer to due date, my boss allowed me take dat day off. It depends on the time, my antenatal was 4 12 so I could go 2 d office n den leave antenatal, nt like I could even get much done

@dudugirl, r u serious? Just 2ce last night? Aint u lucky. My son has a what u can consider a routine, he wakes up every 2 hrs like clockwork, so I'm up like 3-4x during the night
Please experienced mothers, hw do u train ur child 2 feed on schedule and not demand, cos I won't b able to keep this up wen I resume work.
Also, please what is your take on pacifiers, didn't wanna use 1 b4 bt now I'm tempted 2
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 12:33pm On Apr 16, 2012
osikhueme: What happens during antenatal depends on your hospital, some hospitals just do tests while some go beyond the test and organize classes for preggies

Initially wen I started antenatal I used to go 2 work n leave 4 antenatal bt as I got closer to due date, my boss allowed me take dat day off. It depends on the time, my antenatal was 4 12 so I could go 2 d office n den leave antenatal, nt like I could even get much done

@dudugirl, r u serious? Just 2ce last night? Aint u lucky. My son has a what u can consider a routine, he wakes up every 2 hrs like clockwork, so I'm up like 3-4x during the night
Please experienced mothers, hw do u train ur child 2 feed on schedule and not demand, cos I won't b able to keep this up wen I resume work.
Also, please what is your take on pacifiers, didn't wanna use 1 b4 bt now I'm tempted 2

As your baby grows older, he will eat more at a feeding and then sleep longer. By the time you are ready to start work, he will be waking once or twice a night. If you want to do on schedule then you have to start early. Only feed the baby when it is time not when he cries for food. Even if he is sleeping, you should wake him up for the food. Make sure he eats a lot before going to bed at night, it helps them sleep longer (when they are a bit older).

About pacifiers, i personally do not like them and have never used them. Even the teething ring did not work for me. But that is my personal opinion.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2012
afrobaby: Hi moms and moms-to-be,
@ayobami, congrats to ur new love

Please I will like to ask, what exactly hapens during antenatal, is it just talks and talks or tests and tests, Hubby is saying I should start antenatal now, even my brother who is a Dr says I should start now, my mum is saying I can still wait until it's 4 months, am over 3 months now, I will like to know what happens during antenatal.

Also, for working class pregnant women in Nigeria, do u still have enough time to go to the office after antenatal, ow long does it usually take,

Start whenever you are ready to but the earlier the better. Some hospitals do a class where they teach about handling pregnancy, labour issues, breastfeeding, etc. Then the doctor sees the person, runs tests, and u r free to go. As for work, different companies have different work policies. Where i was working before, u get half of the day off and from 8 months, the full day off. Where i am now, u do not even get 1 hr off so all antenatal has to be Saturdays. Each hospital has their own time so u will have to decide what works best for you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2012
@ ayobarmy CONGRATULATIONS!!! May d Lord keep nd preserve d baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayobarmy(m): 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2012
Thanks you mummys for the good will messages u have been sending may the good Lord continue to be with each and every1 of you... But as u all knw the big boy comes a bit early and the doctor has confirmed him to be OK he only advice that he shouldnt be bath yet till his due date which is next month and he has been taken home yesterday, he has since then be fine and sucking well only for my wife to call me this afternoon and told me he has a bit temperature but every other things are just normal so i dont know if anybody has an idea of why he has temp and wat can be done to normalise it.. Thought the doc ask them to come tomorow for check up. The boy came exactly 34weeks........ Thanks you mummys for the good will messages u have been sending may the good Lord continue to be with each and every1 of you... But as u all knw the big boy comes a bit early and the doctor has confirmed him to be OK he only advice that he shouldnt be bath yet till his due date which is next month and he has been taken home yesterday, he has since then be fine and sucking well only for my wife to call me this afternoon and told me he has a bit temperature but every other things are just normal so i dont know if anybody has an idea of why he has temp and wat can be done to normalise it.. Thought the doc ask them to come tomorow for check up. The boy came exactly 34weeks........ Thanks you mummys for the good will messages u have been sending may the good Lord continue to be with each and every1 of you... But as u all knw the big boy comes a bit early and the doctor has confirmed him to be OK he only advice that he shouldnt be bath yet till his due date which is next month and he has been taken home yesterday, he has since then be fine and sucking well only for my wife to call me this afternoon and told me he has a bit temperature but every other things are just normal so i dont know if anybody has an idea of why he has temp and wat can be done to normalise it.. Thought the doc ask them to come tomorow for check up. The boy came exactly 34weeks........
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayobarmy(m): 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2012
Thanks you mummys for the good will messages u have been sending may the good Lord continue to be with each and every1 of you... But as u all knw the big boy comes a bit early and the doctor has confirmed him to be OK he only advice that he shouldnt be bath yet till his due date which is next month and he has been taken home yesterday, he has since then be fine and sucking well only for my wife to call me this afternoon and told me he has a bit temperature but every other things are just normal so i dont know if anybody has an idea of why he has temp and wat can be done to normalise it.. Thought the doc ask them to come tomorow for check up. The boy came exactly 34weeks........ Thanks you mummys for the good will messages u have been sending may the good Lord continue to be with each and every1 of you... But as u all knw the big boy comes a bit early and the doctor has confirmed him to be OK he only advice that he shouldnt be bath yet till his due date which is next month and he has been taken home yesterday, he has since then be fine and sucking well only for my wife to call me this afternoon and told me he has a bit temperature but every other things are just normal so i dont know if anybody has an idea of why he has temp and wat can be done to normalise it.. Thought the doc ask them to come tomorow for check up. The boy came exactly 34weeks........ Thanks you mummys for the good will messages u have been sending may the good Lord continue to be with each and every1 of you... But as u all knw the big boy comes a bit early and the doctor has confirmed him to be OK he only advice that he shouldnt be bath yet till his due date which is next month and he has been taken home yesterday, he has since then be fine and sucking well only for my wife to call me this afternoon and told me he has a bit temperature but every other things are just normal so i dont know if anybody has an idea of why he has temp and wat can be done to normalise it.. Thought the doc ask them to come tomorow for check up. The boy came exactly 34weeks........
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tessybaby(f): 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2012
i started having painful braxton hicks yesterday
at first they were 10 minutes apart and later 5 mins
but the intensity did not increased
went to see the doctor this morning and he says if it continues
then it has to get more painful
am just worried coz i thought i would have had this baby by now
is this how labour starts

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (6952) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.