Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,147 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:48 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8063941 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (6952) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ib(f): 6:39pm On May 05, 2012
the daddy action go hard becos he doesnt seem interested in that dept with me for now.....midwife said to bring him for next appointment so she can tell him its doctors orders...lol. Meanwhile i had a membrane sweep today - the midwife put her hand right inside to my cervix and twisted inside ..urghhh it was uncomfortable! Im now having severe" lower back ache and cramping down below. Hopefully i'd go into labour sooner than later because i dont want CS.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 8:12pm On May 05, 2012
Am goin into my last week frm tomorrow, I really dnt knw wat to expect in labour room but am askin Holy spirit to guide me. Can't wait to see my LO and hv dis tummy cme down..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pamperme: 8:21am On May 06, 2012
Thank you God, our baby boy came Friday morning. Mum n baby r fine. Thank you all for all ur prayers grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 9:16am On May 06, 2012
Congrats @ pamperme. Hpe to be posting my own good news soon..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 4:14pm On May 06, 2012
@pamperme big congratulations to u, may the baby live to fulfill his destiny IJN
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 7:19pm On May 06, 2012
@ Blank wow, i have no more suggestions maybe someone else has something that worked for them
@ luvlee & IB safe delivery ooo It sounds like the strt of something based on what you described last post IB
@Pamperme CONGRATS DADDY
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 7:35pm On May 06, 2012
Waoow! Congrats Pamperme
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 9:22pm On May 06, 2012
@ pamperme congratulation, abeg when is d naming so dat we come nd chop rice.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 8:04am On May 07, 2012
Congrats pamperme

@all, pls I have been having recurrent malaria. Am 32 weeks and I've treated malaria 7 times in this pregnancy. I still took coartem 8days ago and am already feeling feverish again. I have tested for uti and its -ve and I'm not HIV positive ooo.lol. What else can I test for? Will be seeing my doc tomorrow.

@diamondlove.. How are you?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 9:35am On May 07, 2012
^^ she is nt doin so bad
i wz able mk my breakfast myself yesterday, mum wz surprised
i slpt arnd 12am, woke up past 3am
slp wz nt comin bt i wz talkin wit my baby sha
now at work, had apple, few spoons of rice and bitter leaf soup
prayin it stays in d tummy
i kinda look sexy 2day
winks

awwwwww
congrats pamperme
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 10:31am On May 07, 2012
@pamperme, congratulobia

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 10:55am On May 07, 2012
Am going for a malaria test and will ask for a full blood count. Pls is there any other test I shld do
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 2:49pm On May 07, 2012
@ recruitment i have been told pregnant women are susceptable to malaria more than others. But you should mention this to your doctor so he can better advise what test is needed.

@ diamond you post is so cute lol, so your a hot sexy mommma today oooo. Enjoy mommy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JeSoul(f): 3:08pm On May 07, 2012
Wonderful topic for all of us to watch & learn. May God guide all the pregnancies thru to delivery. Amen!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 3:28pm On May 07, 2012
my head is hurtin oooo
slpy
yawns
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 3:45pm On May 07, 2012
blank: I have used Bio-oil for the past 2 years constantly. I still have stretch marks and itch badly. I buy from Shoprite or Spar.
so sorry you're itching so badly. I did some research on creams and reseachers say it helps some women and not others - in general they say creams don't even work at all, that it depends on genetics. I just pray you feel better. The episodes that I have are not all the time so I can only imagine how stressful it is for you. We will keep you in our prayers, it shall be well with you sister!

recruitmnt: Am going for a malaria test and will ask for a full blood count. Pls is there any other test I shld do
Dear, wouldn't you like to wait and see the results of the malaria test before putting your body through another round of testing? I hope you feel better though!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 3:48pm On May 07, 2012
Lol@ Diamondlove feeling 'sexy' smiley nothin do you jare, make sure you enjoy it now cos when that stomach expands to where mine is now, sexy is not the first feeling you'll be having cheesy lol. Glad you're doing better. The headaches will come and go just like everything else - it is well! I used to wrap my head in a towel with ice (didn't want to take any pills) and it helped a lot. Cheers!

Pamperme: Thank you God, our baby boy came Friday morning. Mum n baby r fine. Thank you all for all ur prayers grin
God be praised for another successful delivery. Congrats Pamperme! May his life bring your whole family great joy. Congratulations again smiley. Whose going to be the first to show us pictures? cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 4:01pm On May 07, 2012
yes oo
i got outta d house and ppl were lookin at dis cream chic, got 2 d office 2 and every sayin, u look so diff 2day

bt i feel lyk quittin my job, tho nt stressful, bt comin everyday seems tiring, yh my boss understands bt i dont want 2 use d advantage of bein his favourite and skip work
bt i think i rili do nid lots of rest
confused
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 4:48pm On May 07, 2012
@ agiboma and avatur

The result showed ++ for malaria parasite and I have typhoid too! So am treating malaria for the 8th time now. I feel soo sick. God is on the throne.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 5:32pm On May 07, 2012
recruitmnt: @ agiboma and avatur

The result showed ++ for malaria parasite and I have typhoid too! So am treating malaria for the 8th time now. I feel soo sick. God is on the throne.
Oh mehn, so sorry to hear that sad. I know pregnancy makes one more susceptible to infections but anyway you can find out why this is recurring? your surroundings?

diamondlove: yes oo
i got outta d house and ppl were lookin at dis cream chic, got 2 d office 2 and every sayin, u look so diff 2day

bt i feel lyk quittin my job, tho nt stressful, bt comin everyday seems tiring, yh my boss understands bt i dont want 2 use d advantage of bein his favourite and skip work
bt i think i rili do nid lots of rest

confused
Been there sis. You want to do absolutely nothing but sleep and its tough to focus at work. Can you discuss with your boss to see if you can arrange a reduced or more flexible schedule? Since you have a good boss I'm sure they'll be understanding. You can show him/her a note from your doctor about how sick you've been if it'll help. Goodluck!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 6:19pm On May 07, 2012
Congrats pamperme. God bless you and your LO.

@ all, thanks for the support. I just pray this phase will pass. My husband keeps asking me what i keot down there that i am always scratching. I don tire.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 07, 2012

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 8:07pm On May 07, 2012
Wow
So much love me
Thnk u all
I will try stay strong, ryt now, I am so weak cos d vomittin has started again, God help me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shirleyz: 8:42pm On May 07, 2012
Hello everyone.

@ jumie, the pelvic scan you asked about is carried out to determine if your pelvis can support normal delivery, if the pelvis cannot support normal delivery, the only option is for a CS to be carried out. My doctor says this scan is necessary especially if one is short.

For the itching, the best solution is to continue using the shea butter. For best result, mix with your body cream so that anytime you rub your body, you are also applying the shea butter, hope this helps cos dts what I do and I don't have stretch marks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 07, 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 9:52pm On May 07, 2012
Mum is fed up wit d vomittin, she actually follows me so I don't pass out lyk d last tym, if possible, she will go 2 work wit me, she calls every min, if I don't pick, she calls my boss
Dere is nottin I hav nt taken, bt I notice wen I tk carbonated drinks, I feel beta, bt can't b on dat everyday, sugar and all
God, I nid strength
Sobbin . . .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 11:10pm On May 07, 2012
diamondlove: Mum is fed up wit d vomittin, she actually follows me so I don't pass out lyk d last tym, if possible, she will go 2 work wit me, she calls every min, if I don't pick, she calls my boss
Dere is nottin I hav nt taken, bt I notice wen I tk carbonated drinks, I feel beta, bt can't b on dat everyday, sugar and all
God, I nid strength
Sobbin . . .

I drank coke all the time, im guilty off it look diamond some posters on here may not agree with me but if it helps you then i would drink it in moderation, until this ease up on you, i know in the past when i had upset stomach i use to drink "Canada dry gingerale" and it worked so well for me, so if you get relief with the coke cola they go for it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EfemenaXY: 12:13am On May 08, 2012
She's only 15 weeks gone. Drinking carbonated drinks laced with sugar everyday,during pregnancy would pre-dispose her to gestational diabetics. Additionally, all that sugar would pass onto her baby.

I should know this as I had a craving for Sprite whilst pregnant with my last son. All the doctors assumed I was diabetic as my son had a birth weight of 11 Pounds 2 oz (i.e 5.37kg).

Diamond love, the choice is yours sha, but if you want to risk it, then be prepared to push a huge baby out like I had to...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 5:35am On May 08, 2012
@diamond sorry, I remember I used to take avomin tablets 2ce a day. One before food every morning and one before bed every night. It helped a bit, I was also on promethazin tablets (phenegan) to help with vomiting. I still take it atimes because of my recurrent malaria.

I'm really worried, hoping that my baby weighs a well because I've practically spent more time in hospital than out of it.

About the carbonated drinks, in my 1st trimester, I could only eat boiled eggs and sprite. My doctor actually told me to take it easy on the sprite esp when I started bleeding at 13 weeks (threatened abortion). By I was still secretly taking in small amounts cos I felt I would die if I didn't. Am not saying you should do the same oh, but confirm from your gynae, if it makes you feel better and you don't have any other predisposing factors that make it dangerous to your body, he might let you take it.

Hmmmn, a bit of my own story..will share it fully when I deliver. I've been on bedrest since 13 weeks, my waters broke and I developed an infection, was told the only chance I had was to terminate, developed preterm labor. Leakage stopped, had cerclage...was transferred from hospital to hospital till I found the one that accepted me. My consultant and all the other docs still call me mama miracle. In all his years of practice he said he hasn't seen a case like mine. I am indeed a miracle. Still on bedresr right now, and my maid that has been helping me said she's leaving tomorrow. I don't know how ill cope but God that has brought me this far will see me to the end IJN.

Btw, I had a previous loss at 24weeks in the UK, spent some time with my boy but he sadly passed on. It is well IJN! I will testify, that I know...Just wanted to rant a bit cos atimes everythn just gets a bit too much for me to bear alone.

Diamond, hang on... I know exactly how you feel.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 7:16am On May 08, 2012
@diamondlove I feel for u, bt it is well. Evryday is progress so jst keep taking it day by day k. @ recruitmnt seriously tat bad? Wow I feel so blessed wen I hear all this cos my own has been so smooth. God will definitely see u tru, amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 7:21am On May 08, 2012
big congrats pampaerme. may God bless ur LO.
@luvlee, we r waiting 4 ur own good news soon by God's grace.
@diamondlove, keep holding on chic. God will c u thru,amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 9:21am On May 08, 2012
hello everyone, i haven't really been here in a while, how's everyone doing? diamondlove, please hold on, you'll soon get to the finish line, just keep praying, i'll keep praying for you, the lord is your strength, talk to you all later, i see my little Madam waking up, gotta rush

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (6952) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Laadeh(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.