Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:57 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8062469 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2284) (2285) (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) ... (6952) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ahn Ahn...wat did we do to Fortius na?

mitchyy:

Nor be me o. Na the weather plus the travelling upandan.

He'll be fine soon smiley

Fortius has ported out of the thread. She is upset with us sad
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
26 weeks today.....
Thank God for his mercies...

Gradually nearing the 3rd trimester.

For the mamas requesting for bumps, Sorry I can't take a 'BUMPIE' today, not feeling myself....I have virtually slept the whole of today, just managed to eat lil porridge this morning so I can take my drugs. undecided

For the 1st time in a while, today was a reminder that I am still very pregnant. grin grin grin No superwoman tins today o

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
MamaOO:
Alhamdulilah!!!

My babyboy was born yesterday, September 05, 2016 (Labor Day) vaginally and weighing 8.9Lbs at exactly 10:09PST. Tired, sore, exhausted and overwhelmingly happy! Birth story will be posted ASAP.

CC Sugah...
Congratz MamaOO,Allah Rahman on him always (Ameen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by folash: 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
mitchyy:

Wowwwwww!

You're truly a certified world-class peeper. I'm amazed.

You'll also be amazed when you get your bfp. It's around the corner sis. Get prepared!

*hugs*
Amen...Thanks!!!!!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
Floy2k:
I'm so tired of this life, maybe be I should just end it right now. Do u think it is fair to commit suicide? No job, 2kids, pregnant, no house to live in. Should I be hopeful? Tell me pls

pls maam dont b tired of this life, and it not right to commit suicide. no matter d condition u re today there is always a way out put ur trust in God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyife(f): 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
took this pic when we were 35wks 3days
God is Faithful,cant wait to meet my Lo
we are 37wks +1day today,and my bag is fully packed, my wish is to meet him next week..but let God will be done
wishing us all easy delivery. mother alive,baby alive, father alive,plenty money and a peaceful home

29 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
Gud day mamas,

congratulation to my teamies and September mamas that have offloaded.

welcome to the new mamas in the aux, happy bumping.

mamas that are yet to offload supernatural delivery to u all.

motherhood is not easy o, i can hardly rest my newborn does not disturb me like dat, but my toddler of 17 months old is a handful.

he is even d one am doing vigilante for wen he wakes in the night i give him tea at time viju milk or cheese ball den b4 he sleep back is war.

if i decide not to give him anything dat one is cry .

pls wat can i do to make him sleep all through the night.

someone adviced me to give him sleeping tablet, but i think its not necessary .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
Congrats mamaoo kisses to your prince kiss kiss

Senior mama Tchiwinnie (sharp sharp grin) congrats on your BFP! Ebube is having a lil sis soon by the grace of God.

Mumjb abeg if you find solution to your toddler tell me I take God name beg you o!!! My 9 month old doesn't sleep during the day and takes a long time to sleep at night(10-11 ish) wakes up at the slightest noise and takes forever to put back to sleep! I don taya for this kind Vigilante o? cry

House make una help me with a good House Help agent abeg.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
olatebony:
@ Mummy iomoge2, lol d 'smile' for missmalachi get as e be ooo, she insisted on pay on delivery ni o. It took a lot to convince her dat she won't be disappointed wen she gets her order, I am happy she later got and liked it. D drama we both aacted made me put 'smiles' but for u I am supposed to put no nonsense mama kikikikikikiki

grin grin grin

My order is stearing at me here o.
Hubby just collected it.
On my way home n peeping inside.
So happy.... will givr a full review when i get home n check with our list wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anak123: 4:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
Floy2k:
I'm so tired of this life, maybe be I should just end it right now. Do u think it is fair to commit suicide? No job, 2kids, pregnant, no house to live in. Should I be hopeful? Tell me pls

Mama, u v two kids n a pregnancy to look after, suicide is not an option. There isalways hope.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2016
mydeporch:
Team November here. Am grateful to God that av come dis far.never reached dis stage b4.
Turning in bed these days is now bad with pain in my upper inner thighs. I feel it's just part of normal symptoms as d Preg I advancing.Got cerclage in too, so am praying everything keeps going on well till it is removed. Wishing all prego mamas out there a safe delivery and grace to carry baby to full term as we look forward to d edd.

Yipeeee.
Welcome sweets.
Team November come n welcome your teamie o.

Lets pop champagne
Congratulations dear....
Very soon our los will be in our arms .
Amen

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2016
Congrats mama ebube tchiwinnie.....choi kpekusing z SWEET.

Salute team April.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Julianah42: 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2016
House, can one lick tomtom or vick for treatment of cough during early pregnancy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Florena(f): 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
mydeporch:
Team November here. Am grateful to God that av come dis far.never reached dis stage b4.
Turning in bed these days is now bad with pain in my upper inner thighs. I feel it's just part of normal symptoms as d Preg I advancing.Got cerclage in too, so am praying everything keeps going on well till it is removed. Wishing all prego mamas out there a safe delivery and grace to carry baby to full term as we look forward to d edd.
we shall all carry to term by God's grace, u ré welcome! Update your gender and edd asap

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PharmaTimesng: 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
10nCost-Effective Ways To Get Relief from Morning Sickness:

Lemons

Lemons are super inexpensive and have many great uses, like combining with baking soda to create a cheap cleaning solution. But lemons also have a natural calming effect that can reduce nausea, and can leave you feeling clean and refreshed. Since they’re natural, there’s no need to worry about harm being done to your body or your baby. If you are not keen on cutting open a fresh lemon and taking a bite, here are some other budget-friendly ways to reap the benefits.

1. Lemon Candy. This was my absolute favorite way to get relief from my morning sickness. I had candy hidden everywhere: in my bag, in my desk at work, and even in the car. When a friend of mine gets morning sickness, the first thing I recommend is lemon-flavored candy.

2. Lemon Candles. If candy isn’t your thing, try a lemon-scented candle. Since most of my pregnancy was spent in my office at work where I was not allowed to light candles, I used a candle warmer to melt the candle. It was very relaxing to breathe in that refreshing aroma.

3. Lemon Essential Oil. If you do not want the world to know that you are expecting (at least not yet), you may not want to surround yourself with lemon candies and candles without getting questions. To hide your reliance on lemons, put some lemon essential oil into a handkerchief and stick it in your pocket or purse. When you feel a bout of nausea coming on, take out the handkerchief and wipe your nose to breathe in the essential oil. Hopefully no one will ask to borrow your handkerchief!

4. Water with Lemon. If you have to go out to a restaurant, which you probably won’t want to do, order a water with lemon. Or squeeze a fresh lemon into your water every morning to start the day off (hopefully) nausea-free.

Nutrition

In the many pregnancy books out there, there’s a list of all the nutritional requirements that a pregnant woman needs each day. Two servings of this, 4 servings of that, which is a challenge when the only thing that sounds remotely appetizing is a bag of salt n’ vinegar chips with a side of Reeses Pieces (or was that just me?). In this case, forget the lists and try these tricks to keep morning sickness at bay, while still meeting most of your nutritional needs – and of course, saving money.

5. Eat Frequently. Even though you may not have an appetite for anything, make sure to always have something in your stomach. I found that when my stomach was empty, I would feel overwhelmingly sick, so I would make sure to eat a little something every 2 hours or so to avoid being famished. If you pack healthy snacks to take to work or while you’re on the go, you won’t be tempted by fast food drive-thrus, which aren’t great nutritionally, and they can put a dent in your wallet.

6. Keep Snacks Near Your Bed. If you feel sick or hungry in the middle of the night, the last thing you want to have to do is go downstairs to the kitchen to find something to eat. Keep a variety of snacks (granola bars were a favorite for me) near your bed in case you get the midnight munchies.

7. Eat Bland. Ever heard of the BRAT diet? Bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. These foods are bland and low in fiber and thus gentle on your digestive track. They’re also really inexpensive. You can also add tea and yogurt to the list to go on the BRATTY diet. I recommend saltine crackers as well. I used to eat those by the sleeve during my bouts with morning sickness.

8. Avoid Fatty Foods. Fatty foods take longer to digest and may be a little rough on your digestive track. You may also want to avoid anything fried, overly seasoned, or acidic.

9. Eat Something Before Getting Out of Bed. When you’re pregnant, it’s important to take care of yourself because you’re also being a good steward by caring for another human being. You can do this by putting yourself first. That means instead of taking the dogs out first thing in the morning or whatever you normally do, eat first. Enjoy a few weeks of breakfast in bed!

10. Don’t Cook. Yep, you are off kitchen duty for the next 6 weeks, as the smells can be an instantaneous nausea trigger. But even if you’re not cooking, you need to make sure that whoever is cooking turns on the exhaust fan or opens the windows. I remember a time when my husband made spaghetti for dinner, and it made me nauseous way on the other side of the house.

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Florena(f): 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hello mamas in the house, I'm having something like a muscle pull in my vjay, I don't know how to describe it, weneva Lo moves I feel it in my vjay, pls Wat could be happening there?
So my semester exam is from October 10 to 21, eeee, edd is Nov. 4, I pray baby bakes very well and not rush ooo, make labour no go hold person for inside exam hall.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 4:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
Iomoge2, we are fine o also measuring two weeks ahead by scan. I've been battling malaria but I went to the hospital today and I feel much bera.

My doctor is optimistic that I will have my baby by October ending.

Meanwhile, floy2k, do u think it's fair to commit suicide and leave your kids at the mercy of another person?

Team November how borri?

Mytestimony, awayu?
Beedam, awayu?
Itunup, awayu?
ToboiaG, awayu?
Fortius, awayu?
Lyndaroyce, awayu?
Vickilafab, awayu?

My 31 weeks bump

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 4:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
Florena, sorry baby is resting on a nerve.

Mydeporsh, welikom

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2016
iomoge2:

grin grin grin

My order is stearing at me here o.
Hubby just collected it.
On my way home n peeping inside.
So happy.... will givr a full review when i get home n check with our list wink wink
Enjoy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2016

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2016
Julianah42:
House, can one lick tomtom or vick for treatment of cough during early pregnancy?
I bought a pack of tomtom and was licking it after every meal or whenever I didn't like the taste of my mouth. It has finished now and I need a new pack like yesterday
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2016
Omojudy, u are a very strong woman. God continue to keep n uphold u. Ur eventual life story will be a blessing to many.
Take care

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Florena(f): 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
Besea:
Florena, sorry baby is resting on a nerve.

Mydeporsh, welikom
Thank you teamie!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
Loisemm:
Omojudy, u are a very strong woman. God continue to keep n uphold u. Ur eventual life story will be a blessing to many.
Take care
Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by princessKF(f): 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
mydeporch:
WelCome teamie

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 6:03pm On Sep 06, 2016
[quote author=Liftedhands post=49126261]Congrats mamaoo kisses to your prince kiss kiss

Mumjb abeg if you find solution to your toddler tell me I take God name beg you o!!! My 9 month old doesn't sleep during the day and takes a long time to sleep at night(10-11 ish) wakes up at the slightest noise and takes forever to put back to sleep! I don taya for this kind Vigilante o? cry

mam liftedhands i thougt i was d only 1 experiencing this with my toddler if i find any solution dat work for me i will let u knw.
say hi to ekene bobo for me.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
Liftedhands and mumjb, for your toddlers try and reduce tv time. Let dem do more of outdoor games; riding bike, playing football, playing wit sand and toys. you will notice dey will get exhausted and start napping in the afternoon. My son naps twice; morning around 9-10am and afternoon around 2-3pm.

For night sleep, give dem warm baths, massage their bodies gently, turn off the light and let the room be quiet. when my son wakes at night, I give him either pediasure drink, tea or warm toddler milk. Once he's done drinking, put off the lights again, hold him close and he will sleep.

Please stop giving viju milk and cheese balls smiley instead give him his regular baby milk.

Try these, let's see if it works

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
#ThreadBumpies#TeamOctober#

I managed to take this snapshot.

Bump at 36wks

*catch my toddler by the side grin *mummy's handbag* He goes everywhere wit me

*modified*
Pics taken down

34 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by onyinyechika08: 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
Floy2k if you die now, who will you leave ur children for? suicide is not an option Atal, I know it's hard but try and think of a way out. There's always light at then end of the tunnel. Cheer up Pls.

Congrats to all September mama's that has put to bed. May the happiness the birth of your los brought to you never depart from your lives amen.

Capt Feddy27 and Oda Oct mama's eku pushing oooo, very soon we will get to meet our los. Can't wait.

Sabi mama's Abeg what's your thought on epidural? my doc listed it as part of their options. Am thinking of going that route. Any mama that has used epidural shud Pls throw more light. B4 and after effects. Ejor no jump and pass oo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
onyinyechika08:

Congrats to all September mama's that has put to bed. May the happiness the birth of your los brought to you never depart from your lives amen.

Capt Fed..dy27 and Oda Oct mama's eku pushing oooo, very soon we will get to meet our los. Can't wait.

Sabi mama's Abeg what's your thought on epidural? my doc listed it as part of their options. Am thinking of going that route. Any mama that has used epidural shud Pls throw more light. B4 and after effects. Ejor no jump and pass oo.

Teamie good to hear from you! Epidural is bae kiss It is the sweetest thing after jollof rice grin. I used it for my 1st and I'm towing same path again.

If you have the option, please go for it.

In terms of after effects, I didn't have any tho' some pple complain of mild back ache afterwards. It also depends on the expertise of the anaesthesiologist.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydeporch(f): 6:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
Florena:
we shall all carry to term by God's grace, u ré welcome! Update your gender and edd asap

Boy and EDD is 30th November

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
onyinyechika08:

Let me put it this way!
Normal labour is likw watching tv in black and white where you have to use one hand to hold the aerial to get a picture....

....epidural is like a 60 inch 4khd, 3d, super clear digital with wireless connection smart tv. Complete with a bowl of puff corn and orobo coke!

As i have said before hebrew women did not have it or else bible story would have been very different!

If it is an option, do consider it. Just make your mind up in time. Because if and when you start shouting for it.. be advised the aneasthetist might be in theatre and you will have to wait! And then minutes will look like 5 hours.
if you get induced..... save yourself the grief and just ask for epidural immediately .

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2284) (2285) (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) ... (6952) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mismore(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.