Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8122852 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 11:08am On Jun 03, 2012
Hi peeps,
I gv birth to a boy may 26.
I hd gone to d offc on fri,25th bt during work,I was ving regular contractns so I dcyded 2go2 d hospital aft work. By d tym I got thr nd was checkd in,midwife said I was 6cm going 2 7cm.
Labor was painful naturally bt was worth it in d end.@ abt 12am,baby came out though I had to endure an episiotomy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dyt(f): 11:39am On Jun 03, 2012
^ congrats a bunch
God will bless ur angel
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 1:54pm On Jun 03, 2012
CONGRATS SWEETTWEET
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
Congratulation sweettweet God is good pls take care of urself nd d lo. Nd those of us dat are due God will see us through nd we shall deliever safely ijn. Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2012
Congrations to sweetweet! @maran1983 can u pls email d list to demykay@yahoo.com. Tanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
Congrats sweettweet, God bless the little oga
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 7:37am On Jun 04, 2012
Mogbomoya and demykay, please check your inboxes; i just sent the list.

Congratulations sweettweet.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 9:04am On Jun 04, 2012
Congrats sweettweet
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayobarmy(m): 9:38am On Jun 04, 2012
Congratulations to all new mummys and daddys in the house, and to all awaiting mummys the good lord that delievered my wife safely will surely do urs IJN........., pls nursing mummy in the house, can a 1month old baby use SEPTRIN SYRUP?...........
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Igosun: 11:26am On Jun 04, 2012
Amin ooooooooooooo, God will deliver us safely.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2012
congrats sweettweet. I pray my labor wld be quick & short oh. I always declare tht I wld be strong to work till d last day. And tht from office, I wld drive myself to the hospital were I wld almost be fully dilated.

@Maran1983,
Thks a lot deary. I have gotten it. I responded with a question.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 1:26pm On Jun 04, 2012
@ ayorbamy, long time no see, how's the little man doing these days?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayobarmy(m): 2:59pm On Jun 04, 2012
@dudu, I hav been quite buzy dis days trying to make more money for the family..and for the big man, he is doing very fine and will be coming to meet me in ph this week by God's grace, its just that the weather in lagos this days doesnt seem friendly for him bcuz he has cold and cough lately but he is getting better now........ Pls is it safe to give him septrin syrup?........... Here is the man himself
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 3:23pm On Jun 04, 2012
@all,
thanks 4 all ur posts. May God continually uphold us nd our fmlies.
@ayobarmy,
if d cold is nt 2 severe,y dnt u use vit c nd original honey instead.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2012
I don't think you should self medicate, take him to the hospital ooo, I've been to the hospital more times than I can remember since my Princess arrived!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
Congrats sweettweet,God bless ur LO.

@Agiboma & Otosdd,Praise God i did another scan and was told the placenta has moved away from the baby,it shall be permanent IJN,i'm in my 36th week now,waiting patiently for that day.

@Otosdd,havn't u put to bed,waiting for ur gud news,ur testimony shall be loud IJN and everyone of us still waiting too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2012
ayobarmy: @dudu, I hav been quite buzy dis days trying to make more money for the family..and for the big man, he is doing very fine and will be coming to meet me in ph this week by God's grace, its just that the weather in lagos this days doesnt seem friendly for him bcuz he has cold and cough lately but he is getting better now........ Pls is it safe to give him septrin syrup?........... Here is the man himself

I am not a doctor but when i asked my paediatrician that same question he said to never give my baby septrin. That they use it for immuno suppressed babies and that it doesn't even work for cold something something bacteria. (He went technical but that was what i grabbed sha).

Bottomline, don't self medicate (also heard that Septrin causes the liver to shrink).
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 7:15pm On Jun 04, 2012
@maran1983 tanks so much, i appreciate
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2012
@imurboss God is good he dat started it will finish it ijn, i am so happy for u. No i have not put 2 birth i am still rolling o. God is going 2 see us through delievery ijn. Amen.@diamondlove were are thou are u ok.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2012
ayobarmy: @dudu, I hav been quite buzy dis days trying to make more money for the family..and for the big man, he is doing very fine and will be coming to meet me in ph this week by God's grace, its just that the weather in lagos this days doesnt seem friendly for him bcuz he has cold and cough lately but he is getting better now........ Pls is it safe to give him septrin syrup?........... Here is the man himself

Glad to hear all is well, if he has a cold, dont give him honey or cough syrup, go to teh doctor and see what they recommend. I give my son flovent its a puffer anytime he has a cold and it works great for him idk where to get it in this Nigeria though.
p.s i was told b my son neonatologist that honey is not good for children under 1 year, there stomach has not yet developed enough to produce the enzyme that is needed to break down the honey and to digest it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 11:53am On Jun 05, 2012
hmmmmmmm
wat can i say?
been thru alot these past days
was on admission for a week, cam back on saturday and yesterday it all started again
well
i still thank God
i am very much alive
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
@Diamond Love,

So sorry you have to go through a lot of pain.
How are u coping with ur office? I mean, all these days off.

kpele dear. You should be in ur 2nd trimester, right?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
yeah
i have a very understanding boss
but i work from home
most of my work is online
got the things to work with on my system

yh in my 19-20th week or so

thanks alot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maryswags: 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2012
@ Agiboma thank you and God bless!

@ Titilaelae...thanks a lot for d info about ur experience with crystal hospital. Ironically someone referred me to one of their consultants @ crystal hospital, although I met him @ his private clinic, and he told me I have no other option than to operate it (kind of surprised cos none of them is inside my womb, just in the sorrounding muscles and d largest is about 3cm)...I actually ran off for my life! I'm really confused now cos each doctor has his own story 2 suit himself. Pls what injections and drugs were you placed on during your pregnancy? Because I just met another doctor that says he would place me on progesterone for bout 4 months when I'm preg again...just want to be sure!...thanks dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maryswags: 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
@ Mogbomoya thank you so much, I'm in lagos although ogba is quite far from my end. I reside on d island...many thanks though I will check out d doc if I have no option around my axis because I've had bad experiences wit some hospitals in lagos. The last evacuation that was done on me almost killed me, I really need competent hands now!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dyt(f): 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
so sorry u all are goin thru dese
God will c u all thru
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maryswags: 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
@ sweettttweet congrattttssss! I tap into ur annointing in Jesus name!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2012
@maryswags,

Kindly get a second opinion. Dr. Greg at County Hospital Ogba, is very experienced. He is an elderly man and many women come from far & wide to see him. I wish you can make out time to see him. I have discussed with him on 2 occasions while I was TTCing and he said he does remove fibroid, he rather manages the growth. He gives injectn/drugs to suppress the growth. He said after giving birth to all the kids u want to, then he would remove the fibroid.

(NB: He comes only in the evenings from 6pm. I think he consults elsewhere, but he owns county hospital)
All the best dear. You are next in line for a miracle.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maryswags: 3:47pm On Jun 05, 2012
Thank you so much mogbomoya, and I say a big AMEN to that! you are such a darling! I will find time to see him then, maybe spend some time with a friend around that area. God bless you, and I'll kip u posted once I see him...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 6:24pm On Jun 05, 2012
Congrats sweettweet may God continue to keep our los $ us too IJN amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by allycat: 9:57am On Jun 06, 2012
I am 29 weeks gone with a twin pregnancy after 10 years of marriage,several rounds of Ivf , myomectomy for fibroids in 2010, then a miscarriage at 10 weeks in 2011. So far this pregnancy has been interesting. I spent the first 4 months puking, even water made me vomit. It was not until I started vomiting blood that I agreed to start taking drugs for the vomiting. Only then did I feel human. By 24 weeks heart burn took over, sleep which used to be my hobby is now rationed. They move around like something else and sometimes assume some positions which send me crazy, like feet on my bladder so any time they kick I need to pee. But generally I have been healthy my BP remains good, no protein or sugars in my urine and feet swell very slightly. This usually reduces when I rest. The only cravings I ever had were for carrots and cabbage leaves. I went off coke, ice cream and cookies. At my 28 wwk antenatal I weighed the same as I did in December, but my stomach is soo big. One baby measured at 28 weeks while the other was at 31weeks which is even ahead. My sisters are annoyed that I haven't gotten fatter and my nose and lips have not doubled, they think it's unfair. I pray it continues like this till they get to term 37 weeks. Ive been told categorically that I'm having a CS and if that is safest for babies it is the best for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2012
Allycat, the Lord is your strength. You will carry your babies to term without further stress IJN,Amen.
Mogbomoya and demmykay you are both welcome, glad I could help.
I wish us all a safe 40 weeks in Jesus' Name, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Gratefulheart2(f), omotolly22(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.