Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8112800 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) (2908) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trendytessy(f): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
mamas pls clarify a ftm. My doctor just checks and give me routine drugs every antenatal.., no classes or teachings at all wen I asked d nurse she said she'll let me know wen they start. Is that how it's done?? The matter tire me o
#teamaugustforSafedelivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yesitsme(f): 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
Trendytessy:
mamas pls clarify a ftm. My doctor just checks and give me routine drugs every antenatal.., no classes or teachings at all wen I asked d nurse she said she'll let me know wen they start. Is that how it's done?? The matter tire me o
that's how most private hospitals do.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yesitsme(f): 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
Trendytessy:
that's how most private hospitals do. they don't organize classes.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ennywealth09: 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2017
tchiwinnie:
Ndo. By passing out water, do u mean watery stool? because of d weakness, and considering ur pregnancy is still early, I ll advice u go to d hospital now. its well.

Thks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ennywealth09: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
zaynie:

Please go to the hospital quickly and keep drinking water abeg.

Meanwhile if you have kafura at home, drop a little in a bottle of water, like a quarter of the flat cube and drink slowly.
If you have ulcers, make it one -eight sef..

Don't rush it cos it might cause heart burn or constipation.

Thank u mama. I've gone to the hospital
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lotannad: 3:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
most private clinics i guess dont do.but u could ask any question or raise any concern u hv.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2017
Sansa143:
cheesy cheesy,JJC grin grin grin!So u no sabi bath baby n u d shout induce!Beta wait oh,make MIL come teach u grin grin!

I always hear people put so much emphasis on bathing baby. Please is there any much difference or technicality in bathing babies. Apart from not letting soap enter the babies eyes and being gentle is there any other special thing?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
Giddyperson:

Lol I'm done with my check up, I'm holding my CS estimated bill and thinking 'this baby has to frigging come out from my vjayjay'. Even the VD sef is still expensive, is it not me doing all the pushing. cheesy. They said baby's weight is 3.6kg, hmmm time to start eating vegetable.
3.6 shocked shocked shocked shocked,chai I get hope b dat!Boo go buy packet of lipton 4 me n placed an embargo on milk and sum food as I tell am wetin doc talk!CS,it is well I no wan tink am sha!I go do d scan n test wey doc talk say make I do by wed wen I go 4 ANC!U need to c d 2nd list wey dem give me say na requirements 4 VD,my boo colleague 4 ofis wey him wife born 4 d same hospital dey tell am make him budget 10k 4 dat list apart 4rm oda payments!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 25, 2017
@Dazzle86,me ma na correct JJC 4 dis ministry!Na MIL go come teach me d dos n donts! grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 4:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
Giddyperson:

I may be interested in number 2 but I need to hear it first
pls check ur mail.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realtalk19: 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2017
Dazzle86:

I always hear people put so much emphasis on bathing baby. Please is there any much difference or technicality in bathing babies. Apart from not letting soap enter the babies eyes and being gentle is there any other special thing?

absolutely yea.u wil nid to massage her hands and legs and tickle her spine to stretch out. shaping of head and buttocks etc. if u want a well shaped baby u wil nid orientation for d basic skills in bathing a baby.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SomebodysMum: 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
Eyin t'emi bawo ni o, she wa!?

[img]http:///media/3-25-2017/ba7f6t.gif[/img]

Finally, I am a member of this thread. Hmmmm

So I've been a major non registered member of this group from inception, yes I wrote inception. No I wasn't married, pregnant or trying to conceive when I came across the thread, I'm just fascinated by anything related to health and I've been thoroughly immersed in this thread, the TTC and the IVF threads. Watched many many many monikers come and go, laughed and cried when posts were shared, discovered the diaries of many mamas and I dey drop my likes steadily but only ever commented once after the major anticipation of Proudmum and Prouddad's birth announcement.

I would have registered on this thread since January and grabbed the captain post for October but something came up and I watched Pweetiemum as she made her wonderful post and pregnancy announcement and took it away from me (awww for me abi) Big congratulations sis, may we all deliver safe and sound in Jesus mighty name.

I got married two years back but my husband and I decided to wait for at least a year before trying for kids and just before we scheduled, I came across a post on Facebook where a couple was tested and told that one of them was AA but he was actually AS and they only found out the truth after they had an SS child.

Got alarmed and told my husband that he needs to do a confirmation test. I had done the test in 3 various places and all confirmed AS for me and he had been tested and told AA.
Well, he took the test again in a big lab and will you guys believe it was AS? He was convinced the lab had it wrong so we went to 2 other places and yep, still AS. Ise Oluwa, awa ma ridi ni.

Well we were already married so this was not a matter of let's break up and cry, this was a matter of yeepa!
Thanks to God and thanks to science, there's a test that can be done in utero called CVS - Chorionic Villus Sampling. Here the genotype of the foetus is tested and you will find out if the child is going to suffer from Sickle Cell Disease or not. If yes, you either decide to go along with it or opt for a termination.

To the glory of God, got my results back yesterday and it has ended in praise, we are not SS. My sisters (and brothers) it was an emotionally draining experience as I know it would have been a termination if my child was determined to be SS. A child we already picked names for. This was not up for negotiation, no tete and ludo on someone else's life if I can help it.
Thanks to God Almighty, I didn't have to deal with that.

So here I am, giving all praise and thanks to God for helping my husband and I dodge a bullet and giving me a testimony.
#TeamOctoberTohSplufik
LMP EDD is 2nd October
First scan EDD 4th October

Zaynie baby, I know you've gone on sabbatical but you must bring out that Golden Chair for me o, I haff too tey in peeping mode.
People no dey drop dues for here again but emi mo eto o and I came prepared, make una see attached and share according to your height, or no, according to the length and breadth of your bumps. Hehehe.
The trailer load of fruits and vegetables will arrive in a week.

Here's to a wonderful pregnancy and childbirth experience for us all!

P.S
My original moniker will be shared on my next post but I don't want the name quoted so I will delete it shortly.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneejima(f): 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2017
forzarush:
My pleasure mama, but how do you cope with all things in Kabba?

My sister, it's not easy fa, just select the basic ones & leave the rest. Friday market z annoying indeed, I can't wait to pack up from that place soonest
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SomebodysMum: 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
smiley

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firstpregnancy: 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2017
zaynie:

How old is the baby? Is she ebf or taking formula.?
less than two weeks ebf ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2017
nneejima:

My sister, it's not easy fa, just select the basic ones & leave the rest. Friday market z annoying indeed, I can't wait to pack up from that place soonest
That's why I've not done shopping for baby things. I see nice things that call out to me but I'd rather wait till I get to Lagos. By God's grace I'll still have about 2months to go then.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ramcie(f): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
grin grin ;DI'm back again o. Another one iyaff enter tongue tongue

Captain Zaynie hope say you remember me. #quickreminder VBAC candidate last year March.

#teamaugust

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 5:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Thanks so much mama's. The interview went very well and they said they will get back to me on Wednesday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Where did you keep our Illan?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Elixir123: 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
Welcome @ somebodysmum,that was one long and emotional read .We share the same edd if science is right .Hmm ,that AA thingy becoming AS after other exams is mind boggling .I'm AA and ive always tested as AA,I shudder to think the contrary .
@pweetiebabe add a new teamie oo,October mums dropping like it's hot!!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
SomebodysMum:

So I've been a major non registered member of this group from inception, yes I wrote inception. No I wasn't married, pregnant or trying to conceive when I came across the thread, I'm just fascinated by anything related to health and I've been thoroughly immersed in this thread, the TTC and the IVF threads. Watched many many many monikers come and go, laughed and cried when posts were shared, discovered the diaries of many mamas and I dey drop my likes steadily but only ever commented once after the major anticipation of Proudmum and Prouddad's birth announcement.

I would have registered on this thread since January and grabbed the captain post for October but something came up and I watched Pweetiemum as she made her wonderful post and pregnancy announcement and took it away from me (awww for me abi) Big congratulations sis, may we all deliver safe and sound in Jesus mighty name.

I got married two years back but my husband and I decided to wait for at least a year before trying for kids and just before we scheduled, I came across a post on Facebook where a couple was tested and told that one of them was AA but he was actually AS and they only found out the truth after they had an SS child.

Got alarmed and told my husband that he needs to do a confirmation test. I had done the test in 3 various places and all confirmed AS for me and he had been tested and told AA.
Well, he took the test again in a big lab and will you guys believe it was AS? He was convinced the lab had it wrong so we went to 2 other places and yep, still AS. Ise Oluwa, awa ma ridi ni.

Well we were already married so this was not a matter of let's break up and cry, this was a matter of yeepa!
Thanks to God and thanks to science, there's a test that can be done in utero called CVS - Chorionic Villus Sampling. Here the genotype of the foetus is tested and you will find out if the child is going to suffer from Sickle Cell Disease or not. If yes, you either decide to go along with it or opt for a termination.

To the glory of God, got my results back yesterday and it has ended in praise, we are not SS. My sisters (and brothers) it was an emotionally draining experience as I know it would have been a termination if my child was determined to be SS. A child we already picked names for. This was not up for negotiation, no tete and ludo on someone else's life if I can help it.

So here I am, giving all praise and thanks to God for helping my husband and I dodge a bullet and giving me a testimony.
#TeamOctoberTohSplufik
LMP EDD is 2nd October

Zaynie baby, I know you've gone on sabbatical but you must bring out that Golden Chair for me o, I haff too tey in peeping mode.
People no dey drop dues for here again but emi mo eto o and I came prepared, make una see attached and share according to your height, or no, according to the length and breadth of your bumps. Hehehe.

P.S
My original moniker will be shared on my next post but I don't want the name quoted so I will delete it shortly.
welcome mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
forzarush:
Where did you keep our Illan?
cheesy cheesy cheesy he was with his father in the car in the parking lot o. Dem wait for me till I finish grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2017
Good
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SomebodysMum: 5:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
Thanks Elixir123
It's crazy stuff due to misdiagnosis usually.

Thanks Forzarush
I follow your diary too btw wink

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
firstpregnancy:

less than two weeks
ebf ma

She's not finding it hard to poop, she's learning to poop and her intestines are getting trained.
Put her on her tummy ( make sure you're with her whenever she's on her tummy) ,use warm water to press her tummy in the mornings, eat lots of fruits and also watch what you eat. Most babies are sensitive to beans too.
As long as she is ebf, let your mind rest for tummy issues with your baby.
Well-done mama

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ramcie:
grin grin ;DI'm back again o. Another one iyaff enter tongue tongue

Captain Zaynie hope say you remember me. #quickreminder VBAC candidate last year March.

#teamaugust

Wow! Alhamdulillah!
Congrats.
Another VBAC right? wink

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
Dazzle86:

Sweetheart, yes ooo. They are unusually small and wonderfully slippery. You need to learn the temperature of their bathing water, how to bath them and the most tricky part is that umbilical cord. So please don't let no one deceive you, special thing dey there ooo cheesy.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
realtalk19:

absolutely yea.u wil nid to massage her hands and legs and tickle her spine to stretch out. shaping of head and buttocks etc. if u want a well shaped baby u wil nid orientation for d basic skills in bathing a baby.
Hmmmhun, that too. I remember my mom showing me a line on Bee's head that she said was open, she kept on pressing it with hotter water till it closed up. I for no believe am if I hadn't seen and felt the before and after effect cheesy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
Welcome Welcome Welcome

Somebody'smom, happy bumping. Good to have you here. I wish you a fruitful ND healthy pregnancy.
This thing wey you carry come reach to come out of sabbatical o. cheesy

Oya everybody shift go back..... The eagle has landed grin

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2017
SomebodysMum:

#TeamOctoberTohSplufik
LMP EDD is 2nd October

P.S

thank God it ended in praise. welcome mama. you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimlad: 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2017
[quote author=ToyosiR post=54899989]Team August, how are we doing? I presume all of us is now in the rocking stage(2nd trimester). Please, lets all enjoy this period as it is period of enjoyment.

Hope we are rocking the new bumpy look and managing the heavy like weight!!!!!!!

No chase oga ooo. Remember, pregnancy is in already and another one isn't adding to it after its in. Let us revive the ministry. All the shot that was missed in the first trimester must be replayed.
grin grin grin
If you aint comfortable with the missionary style, there are a lot of other methods like shocked shocked shocked

Side-by-side, from behind

Lie with your partner facing your back and entering from behind. Keep some pillows handy for extra support as your pregnancy progresses.

Penetration tends to be shallower in this position. That's a good thing, because deep thrusts can become uncomfortable in later months.

From behind, doggy style

Support yourself on your knees and elbows as your partner kneels and enters from behind. A pillow can provide needed tummy support.

Side-by-side, at an angle

You each lie on your side, your bodies creating a V-shape. Wedge a pillow under your back for support as you face your partner, and rest both legs over his hip. This position allows him to keep most of his weight off your belly

On a chair

Straddle your partner as he sits on a sturdy chair. Position the chair near a wall or another piece of furniture to lean on when you're ready to get up from this position.

Edge of the bed

Shift your bottom to the side or foot of the bed and lie back with your knees bent. (After the first trimester, wedge a pillow under one side so you're not completely flat on your back.)

Depending on the height of the bed, your partner can kneel or stand.

Spooning

Spooning isn't just sweet for getting cuddly. It can also be a super-comfortable way to have pregnant sex, because there's no pressure on your abdomen and you have lots of movement. Plus, your partner can position themselves behind you at different angles to allow for penetration.

You can learn more from the below sites
https://www.babycenter.com/101_pregnancy-sex-positions-

illustrated_10408539.bc
http://thestir.cafemom.com/pregnancy/140898/10_best_sex_positions_while

Updated Roll Call for #TeamAugust.

ToyosiR Team x? LMP: Aug 11 AUA: AUG 05
ebony13 Team x? LMP: Aug 20 AUA: AUG 22
Ify15 Team x? LMP: Aug 4 AUA: AUG
Dazzle86 Team X LMP: Aug 23 AUA:
Ifylicious Team x? LMP: Aug AUA: AUG
Mzbee Team x? LMP: Aug 06 AUA: AUG 03
Yasmeena Team x? LMP: JUL 26 AUA: AUG 01/02
Mzleemah Team XY LMP: Aug 23 AUA: AUG 20/27
airforcewife Team XY LMP: Aug 18 AUA: AUG 18
peggygee Team x? LMP: Aug AUA: AUG
Trendytessy Team x? LMP: Aug 10 AUA: AUG 08
xeexee1 Team x? LMP: Aug 18 AUA: AUG
Kimlad Team x? LMP: Aug AUA: AUG

#TeamAugust2017 #TeamNoLoss #TeamKiakiaDelivery

Please, Mention me for addition, modification and adjustment.
Make we dey rock dey go.[/quote
my LMP edd is Aug 10 and scan is Aug 7

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Titony1(f): 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
SomebodysMum:

#TeamOctoberTohSplufik
LMP EDD is 2nd October

P.S
Sis, your testimony is permanent in Jesus name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) (2908) ... (6954) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.