Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8122826 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2947) (2948) (2949) (2950) (2951) (2952) (2953) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by niphmmy(f): 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
Tank u oo mzezkay, sansa, jazzyjazz nd hunniesuzie...infact ehhh that VE terrible .... I no no how to explain am, at a point I thought my waist was going to dislocate...D Hong wey dey fear me sef be say doc will kip putting till one is 10cm. Hmmmm isoke

Mama Niphmmy, do send it again...haven't gotten any mail...nicoleswizzi@gmail.com.. Dnt forget ur number.

Thanks ma, I just re-sent it. Hope u get it now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2017
niphmmy:

Thanks ma, I just re-sent it. Hope u get it now.
Yh seen..dnt worry God go provide.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by niphmmy(f): 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
Yh seen..dnt worry God go provide.
Amen ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 4:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
Giddyperson:

So sorry but I don't know anything about this, just wanna help you tag more people.
thorpido

Kemifemi, Diazepam is Valium, supposed to calm you down. It's not the best drug ever, especially in Pregnancy. Did the Dr tell you the side effects for pregnant women? It's for 6 nights only, so it may be safe, because your Gynae probably weighed the cost-benefit for you and felt you were low-risk. HBP in pregnancy is dangerous so it must be treated. However, call your Gynae and discuss all the ramifications with him/her before taking it. Ask if this is the best thing for you and the fetus, safety-wise and what next if it doesn't address the issue (you should not take it long term). That's what I did when I was prescribed things I wasn't sure of.

We done, for doing your homework and checking if it was safe before swallowing smiley A lot of people just take drugs without doing their checks. I checked, I discussed and hours later, my Gynae called me and said it was not worth the risk and I shouldn't take the pills or do whatever invasive test.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2017
Thanks teamie! make lo no come now, let her bake a little more.
Arihodo:
cappo, kpele ooo
e be like u want port leave us. may be lo dey prepare way. if it becomes unbearable. head to hospital. God is your muscle
e-hug

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
Thanks teamie! I spoke to him, he said that I should come down to the clinic if I see the mucus plug or water breaks. I haven't seen any yet.
Hyphee:

Sorry cappo, pls talk to your doc if the pain persists, it is well with you. Abi you wan leave us port to April ni cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lotannad: 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2017
hello house!pls i need d soft copy of 'supernatural childbirth'.someone shd help me send to duperola74@gmail.com.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
Naomi14:
I don't even understand this menstrual like cramps am having. It doesn't last long, the pain will come then in 3mins it will subside since yesternight. Am just 36weeks and 3days. It's beginning to rotate to my waist back. cry I drank lots of water and tried resting on my left side e no work. Sabi mamas pls what is happening?

That sounds like labor o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kemifemi: 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
thorpido:
Diazepam is a muscle relaxant.Your doctor is trying to control your elevated blood pressure. Most drugs have their side effects but sometimes you use it when the benefits outweigh the risks.A constantly elevated blood pressure in pregnancy can lead to pre-eclampsia which is a serious issue to deal with.
I'm sure your doctor placed you on low dose which you have to use for just few days so it's safe.
If your BP continues to stay elevated,you will be managed till you get to 37weeks and your choice will be a C/S to bring the baby out because that's the only solution to the hypertension.
Cut off salt intake too and try to take foods rich in potassium like oranges,tomatoes etc and drink lots of water.

Thanks so much. I was placed on 5mg per night. I slept with legs on the pillow to reduce swelling. I only had a mild headache this morning.

I appreciate.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by i4eva: 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
Rhemy2013:

No idea ma,i no abt QueensWay hospital only.
It's alright dear, I really appreciate your help.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 07, 2017
Huh! No o! It should not be. cry Full term is 37weeks and am just 36weeks+
jazzyjazz:

That sounds like labor o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by i4eva: 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
LadyMayor:

Hi i4eva, I think so... St Kizito hospital seems very good and the staff are courteous, seem to know what they're doing and ready to answer all questions. So far so good... If you are along this axis, they may be worth checking out
Thanks dearie but I've already found someplace else.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kemifemi: 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2017
@onegai, thanks nne. Will try to check my bp tomorrow to see if the drug makes any difference.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

Tank u capo...lol parade ke..no more parade oo na to collect certificate go house...collected and am home...waiting for baby
congrats teamie, mine's next month.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kemifemi: 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Hbp in pregnancy is not always related to external stress factors. Do what you can in terms of life style changes as some mamas have suggested.

See another doctor for a second opinion about the medication.

Ask your dr for any warninf signs you need to watch out for,

And please please please go for the cs as soon as advised by your doctor.. i take it he is trying to delay it till you get to full term. Sometimes it may not be an option.... mother and pre-term baby alive is better than full term pregnancy with comma and aprostrophe at the end oh.

Thank u. Will gladly listen to my dr. I no get choice na. It took more than 4 years to conceive. My eyes see pepper.

I aint gambling o

Take it easy .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Arihodo(f): 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
Naomi14:
Thanks teamie! make lo no come now, let her bake a little more.
yes ooo. Lo needs to bake. Baby, pls take time n do all your makeups ooo. don't rush. make u make ur hair, apply ur foundation n eye liner well till we meet next month. kisses from ur mummy's teamie oo. no worry cappo. it will end In praise. plenty love.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
Tank u oo mzezkay, sansa, jazzyjazz nd hunniesuzie...infact ehhh that VE terrible .... I no no how to explain am, at a point I thought my waist was going to dislocate...D Hong wey dey fear me sef be say doc will kip putting till one is 10cm. Hmmmm isoke

Mama Niphmmy, do send it again...haven't gotten any mail...nicoleswizzi@gmail.com.. Dnt forget ur number.
Ewooo, I'm officially traumatised. His hand went inside where biko? Do you mean his finger or his hand. I can't believe it has finally reached our turn to be telling all these traumatic stories. Even the name sounds scary, membrane sweep choi! But atleast you'd be seeing your darling baby soon cheesy I should have asked for my own membrane sweep grin

@Mooretes Hi finally told the doc about the ice chewing theory and got my pcv tested, he said I'm good. I'm just a regular ice chewer lol

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2017
Amen. Thank you ma

peggygee:
Amen, feed ur fears with the word of God sis.... We shall all birth our young ones without any issues like our own mum birthed us IJN. Read Jeremiah 1, vs 1, 18 n 19. Our God has not given us the spirit of fear, rebuke that evil thoughts n it will flee away from u

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
Amen! Thanks teamie
Arihodo:
yes ooo. Lo needs to bake. Baby, pls take time n do all your makeups ooo. don't rush. make u make ur hair, apply ur foundation n eye liner well till we meet next month. kisses from ur mummy's teamie oo. no worry cappo. it will end In praise. plenty love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thorpido(m): 7:26pm On Apr 07, 2017
kemifemi:

Thanks so much. I was placed on 5mg per night. I slept with legs on the pillow to reduce swelling. I only had a mild headache this morning.

I appreciate.
Okay.I hope they also check your urine for proteins on your ante-natal visits?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 07, 2017
My dear,so I saw too oh but I choose not to allow fear take over at all!I pray to b bold and strong when the time comes!
Giddyperson:

Ewooo, I'm officially traumatised. His hand went inside where biko? Do you mean his finger or his hand. I can't believe it has finally reached our turn to be telling all these traumatic stories. Even the name sounds scary, membrane sweep choi! But atleast you'd be seeing your darling baby soon cheesy I should have asked for my own membrane sweep grin

@Mooreetes Hi finally told the doc about the ice chewing theory and got my pcv tested, he said I'm good. I'm just a regular ice chewer lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mooretes: 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2017
I'm just a regular ice chewer lol[/quote]

Thank God for that. At least that's one less thing to think/worry about. Seems you and a friend of mine seem to defy theory of zero calorie diet and anaemia. Thanks for letting me know. GBY

Enjoy ur ice and ur 'me' time until LO comes x
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
Giddyperson:

ol
See this people. ...you ain't seen nothing yet grin grin. When I had my baby, the nurse that was assigned to do it initially had a MIGHTY HAND! Oh Lord....it was like rape ...I couldn't stand the pains of her big hand for long...another nurse with a smaller hand did it for me....it's was sooooo uncomfortable! Did the first week....no Labour...did the second week...no Labour! Chai! After each sweep, I usually walk like some one raped by 10 guys! Last last na induction commot my baby sha.
Not trying to scare you o ooo but that was my own experience. ..

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Licious07(f): 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
lotannad:
hello house!pls i need d soft copy of 'supernatural childbirth'.someone shd help me send to duperola74@gmail.com.
Pls I will appreciate a copy too. beckyesho@yahoo.com . Tnx mamas!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chizeal(f): 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2017
Thanks all mamas here, am so greatful, don't knw what else to say. I believe God wil give me double blessings for all my troubles in the past. peegygee I tap into ur Jehovah overdo oo.

Thanks all

cc:: All mamas

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
Giddyperson:

@Mooreetes Hi finally told the doc about the ice chewing theory and got my pcv tested, he said I'm good. I'm just a regular ice chewer lol
Capo u are alwys cracking me up...Hahahahahaha I no no weda na hand ooo abi finger the pain abi waist hooking no gree me remb....its well am even still seeing bloody show sef
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

Capo u are alwys cracking me up...Hahahahahaha I no no weda na hand ooo abi finger the pain abi waist hooking no gree me remb....its well am even still seeing bloody show sef

Pls I need to understand something here ooh,wots d usefulness of membrane sweep.is it use to fasten labour nd is membrane sweep a most abeg ans a scared Ftm as am almost crying here with ur explanation..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by i4eva: 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
Rhemy2013:

Pls I need to understand something here ooh,wots d usefulness of membrane sweep.is it use to fasten labour nd is membrane sweep a most abeg ans a scared Ftm as am almost crying here with ur explanation..
They do it for the purpose of starting labour. It wasn't a pleasant experience in my first pregnancy and to think I have to go through it again...hmmm. On another note, I can't thank you enough. I checked out Queensway and was blown away. I planned going to check out Teejays hospital first but got lost as I went all the way to a place after Ajah before asking for directions. I almost cried when the guy giving me directions asked me to turn back. I had to turn back into the insane traffic continuing my search for Teejays but decided to make a stop first at Queensway which fortunately was on my side of the road. I walked in there and I must say I feel really glad that I did. By the way, the nice doctor I met kept wanting to know who referred me. grin Annnnnnnnd... that amount you mentioned they charge is totally different from what I was told oo. Na 180k for V.D apart from any other thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
BritneyStacy:

See this people. ...you ain't seen nothing yet grin grin. When I had my baby, the nurse that was assigned to do it initially had a MIGHTY HAND! Oh Lord....it was like rape ...I couldn't stand the pains of her big hand for long...another nurse with a smaller hand did it for me....it's was sooooo uncomfortable! Did the first week....no Labour...did the second week...no Labour! Chai! After each sweep, I usually walk like some one raped by 10 guys! Last last na induction commot my baby sha.
Not trying to scare you o ooo but that was my own experience. ..
nicoleswizzi:

Uhmmm no way in hell I'm doing this. I'd increase my evening walks so that by the time I get to the hospital, baby's head would almost be out grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
Membrane sweep is painful but endurable.
Please don't be scared oooo.
If the doc wants to check how far u've dilated he will still check u. That time sef u won't feel d pain much when contraction hook u.

Put ur mind at the price. It is well

Giddyperson:

Uhmmm no way in hell I'm doing this. I'd increase my evening walks so that by the time I get to the hospital, baby's head would almost be out grin

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
i4eva:
They do it for the purpose of starting labour. It wasn't a pleasant experience in my first pregnancy and to think I have to go through it again...hmmm. On another note, I can't thank you enough. I checked out Queensway and was blown away. I planned going to check out Teejays hospital first but got lost as I went all the way to a place after Ajah before asking for directions. I almost cried when the guy giving me directions asked me to turn back. I had to turn back into the insane traffic continuing my search for Teejays but decided to make a stop first at Queensway which fortunately was on my side of the road. I walked in there and I must say I feel really glad that I did. By the way, the nice doctor I met kept wanting to know who referred me. grin Annnnnnnnd... that amount you mentioned they charge is totally different from what I was told oo. Na 180k for V.D apart from any other thing.

Whaaat 180k kini,i need to recheck d list I was given again..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realtalk19: 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
@Naomi14 dnt leave us yet o.time neva reach.baby is just doing april fool for u. God is in control.

plz mamas who has gone tru VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean ) before successfully.

what is your experience and how did u scale tru?

am a bit worried after my doc said i may be considered for CS due to previous history of giving birth tru cesarean. he explained vividly the reasons why and medically its to prevent unlikely complications like uterine rupture or foetal distress.

#teammayforsupernaturaldelivery#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2947) (2948) (2949) (2950) (2951) (2952) (2953) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: omotolly22(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.