Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4049) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8120537 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4046) (4047) (4048) (4049) (4050) (4051) (4052) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:23pm On Jan 30, 2018
Joomie:

Thanks a lot mama.
Groundbreaking good news coming your way this year. Amen
Amen and amen sister! I grab it with both hands kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
Angel2424:
So I told Hubby to do a perineum massage for me yesterday. The whole thing re-awakened my labour fear..I couldnt evn stand it for 2 mins..there was a sharp stinging pain in that area when he was doing the massage,I just told him to stop..chai..I was jst imagining how it will feel like when baby starts coming out and the head begins to press on the perineum or how will I be able to deal with the VE check when the time comes? Any mama here who does a perineum massage, how was it like for you? sad lipsrsealed undecided
He needs to apply lots of lube first! And do it gently with the tip of his thumb.

The few times I tried it we ended up doing something else cos I got super Hot **covers face**

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:33pm On Jan 30, 2018
flyingangel:
embarassed cry cry Nobody welcomed me here. embarassed embarassed

Welcome sis and have a lovely stay here kiss wish you smooth preggy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:41pm On Jan 30, 2018
Fasinaomolade:
I am in my 2nd trimester but i always feel like itching my private part till i feel like i have wound and bruise there. What can i use
It's very likely pregnancy induced yeast overgrowth! See your doctor for appropriate meds.

Meanwhile try to resist the urge to scratch cos it worsens it, take lots of fluid and air your hooha as much as possible. Don't wash with soap or anything that can further irritate your skin down there. Avoid skin shaving just trim your pubic hairs.

Garlic chewed or swallowed daily helps a lot too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beautifulrosa: 1:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
Congratulations to all the mamas that have had thier bundles of joy.
My sisters it can only be God. May God provide all that we need to cater for ourselves and our LOs IJN.

Meanwhile, i need ur responses on this mamas. After the baby's cord falls off. How do u treat the navel wound? Mumsi has been using only spirit to clean it. But i hear some people use agbo and lantern and stuff, which my husband is strongly again. I no kuku blame am bks hes not the one seeing baby twisting his body and appearing dull and uncomfortable.

Well i av gotten lantern......but i want to know if its alright and how to go about it or if there are other ways.
I feel so much pain wen my baby looks like he is in pain.

Please i anticipate ur responses everyone.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 2:13pm On Jan 30, 2018
Lol. Please leave baby's navel alone, keep that lantern aside. Spirit alone is fine. It will heal. "Body twisting" may be colic, not because navel hasn't healed. Even after the navel heals it may continue for up to 4 months till his intestines develop well. Burp him well, bicycle his legs when you see him in discomfort (Youtube videos will help), massage his tummy with warm water after bath. Some mamas use gripe water but it didn't work for me. Be patient and jog to the newborn thread please grin

beautifulrosa:
My sisters it can only be God. May God provide all that we need to cater for ourselves and our LOs IJN.

Meanwhile, i need ur responses on this mamas. After the baby's cord falls off. How do u treat the navel wound? Mumsi has been using only spirit to clean it. But i hear some people use agbo and lantern and stuff, which my husband is strongly again. I no kuku blame am bks hes not the one seeing baby twisting his body and appearing dull and uncomfortable.

Well i av gotten lantern......but i want to know if its alright and how to go about it or if there are other ways.

Thanks and God bless.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2018
Fasinaomolade: It looks like an infection
please see your doctor

omonifamily: It is normal ma. Don't worry u won't give baby infection grin

Haleematm:Welcome ma. You have seen the result of experiment grin, supernatural delivery to u.

Fabmummy: Welcome back ma

flyingangel:Insomnia is part of pregnancy package, mine just stopped few weeks ago.Drink warm milk, it helps sometimes

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 2:55pm On Jan 30, 2018
My Superlicious Team May.
Thank you all for all d compliments.
And am so happy to know we are all doing great.
Oya send your LOs gender, if u don't want me to fine u mamas grin tongue
cc khaite23 , Roseey0, tosinwill,missusadey , Meeeeey, Anistef
Wemmy017 has sent hers and have updated.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2018
beautifulrosa:

Thanks and God bless.
Spirit alone is fine sis! After cleaning you may apply Vaseline to it.

Baby wriggling may be a result of colic, just bicycle his legs and try laying him on your thighs belly down as often as possible to help gas go out freely.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2018
Bomgirl:

In the hospital, we were asked not to get them started on feeding bottles but use cups. But y can't avoid bottles. What of when creche starts? Just sterilise it well.

Thanks dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Agbalumo is safe, feeding bottle is safe if well washed and sterilized

Doctors say that to "force" mothers to do exclusive (force for lack of a better word)

Thanks. @Lilliesbud thanks alot for that post on Cherry...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2018
Team June how many of us have started antenatal, me i never start o maybe next Month sha though i have a personal Doctor i call and see whenever the need arise... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 30, 2018
OMG mamas you all need to visit this thread i am really having fun with the bashings here and there. Come and see one Agbaya trying to derail the thread calling peoples food shit grin grin grin grin grin cant stop laughing some people really need to get a life outside Nairaland. shocked shocked shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/1122902/cook-kitchen-take-pictures-post/533

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumIbeji(f): 4:48pm On Jan 30, 2018
belladsweet:

OMG mamas you all need to visit this thread i am really having fun with the bashings here and there. Come and see one Agbaya trying to derail the thread calling peoples food shit grin grin grin grin grin cant stop laughing some people really need to get a life outside Nairaland. shocked shocked shocked

I Don laff tire oooo.. . Na real agbaya she be
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2018
belladsweet:

Kanw.ulia is one NL any sane person shouldn't engage with in e-fight.

She has changed names I million times due to ban that never expires. I'm not surprised she will call people's food shiit! Na her way be that...but I like her for always bringing drama to any thread she enters grin lolz (love for drama no go put me for trouble one of this days! I need to repent embarassed lipsrsealed)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by khaite23: 6:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
mumsgirl27:

My Superlicious Team May.
Thank you all for all d compliments.
And am so happy to know we are all doing great.
Oya send your LOs gender, if u don't want me to fine u mamas grin tongue
cc khaite23 , Roseey0, tosinwill,missusadey , Meeeeey, Anistef
Wemmy017 has sent hers and have updated.

Don't know but am not just in a haste to check (abeg no fine me ooooo) will surely submit as soon as I check. Tenx cappo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lilliesbud12: 6:06pm On Jan 30, 2018
belladsweet:
Thanks. @Lilliesbud thanks alot for that post on Cherry...
you're welcome Sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by orney(f): 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2018
I always come here for bumpy tuesday, but alas! not even a single bump to make me smile today embarassed

Mummy John, how are you all doing, make sure our baby keeps feeding fine grin @curvilicious

4realwoman, how the enjoyment dey go, keep it up kiss

Pls is there any mama in USA coming to Naija soon?, i will like to get a drug named 'fruitful'

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 8:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
Thanks mamas @4realwoman @mumsgirl27

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beautifulrosa: 8:22pm On Jan 30, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Lol. Please leave baby's navel alone, keep that lantern aside. Spirit alone is fine. It will heal. "Body twisting" may be colic, not because navel hasn't healed. Even after the navel heals it may continue for up to 4 months till his intestines develop well. Burp him well, bicycle his legs when you see him in discomfort (Youtube videos will help), massage his tummy with warm water after bath. Some mamas use gripe water but it didn't work for me. Be patient and jog to the newborn thread please grin

Ok thnks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beautifulrosa: 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2018
Liftedhands:
Spirit alone is fine sis! After cleaning you may apply Vaseline to it.

Baby wriggling may be a result of colic, just bicycle his legs and try laying him on your thighs belly down as often as possible to help gas go out freely.
I really appreciate. Thnks ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dacutebaby: 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2018
belladsweet:
Team June how many of us have started antenatal, me i never start o maybe next Month sha though i have a personal Doctor i call and see whenever the need arise... smiley

Started mine @12 weeks and appointment is for every 4 weeks. I want to go register at government hospital, I hope they would still take me @5months o and not insult me or so, cos I know govt hospital pple can be nasty
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dacutebaby: 8:27pm On Jan 30, 2018
Please mamas allow me to post this here. So this night I stumbled on a post on FB about POST NATAL DEPRESSION...,sabi Mama's who have dropped before can you please share if you experienced this and how you got over it. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beautifulrosa: 8:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
flyingangel:
embarassed cry cry Nobody welcomed me here. embarassed embarassed

You are welcome in the name of the Lord
You are welcome in the name of the Lord

I can see allover u the glory of the Lord
You are welcome in the name of the Lord!
kiss kiss kiss kiss
Happy Bumping sis.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rvpbae: 8:55pm On Jan 30, 2018
rvpbae:
Hello mamas. I greet everyone here. I'm not exactly a new member, been on and off.

Please i need answers to my question, it's quite urgent. Has anyone here put to bed using epidural in nigeria? If yes, what were your experiences like? Please just tell me anything you think i need to know.

Thank you.

Please people should answer me na. This is the second time I'm posting here asking for guidance and gotten no response.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by luvtoteach(f): 8:58pm On Jan 30, 2018
curvilicious:
Jadareese
Luvtoteach
Derommyvent
Schonebaby
Teegali

Hope you ladies are fine?
Individual response will be well appreciated
God will make it easy for you kiss kiss kiss

#SupernaturalchildbirthwithhealthyLOs#
Tanx my able cappo.Hope to submit very soon. Av been having contraction since morning.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by luvtoteach(f): 9:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
beautifulrosa:

Thanks and God bless.
Try and get chlorxy-G Gel is used for cord.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 9:27pm On Jan 30, 2018
luvtoteach:

Tanx my able cappo.Hope to submit very soon. Av been having contraction since morning.

Easy peasy kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:06pm On Jan 30, 2018
dacutebaby:
Please mamas allow me to post this here. So this night I stumbled on a post on FB about POST NATAL DEPRESSION...,sabi Mama's who have dropped before can you please share if you experienced this and how you got over it. Thanks
Its very real and can creep up unexpectedly! Few of the signs are snapping unnecessarily, refusal to hold or feed baby, anger towards baby or hubby, withdrawal, moodiness, crying and Lack of care towards one self are some of the warning signs.

Post natal depression could lead to devastating consequences.

Ftm are more at risk but it also happens to any woman after child birth.

Its advised to seek help and willingly accept any offer to help ease off on stress.

Get enough rest eat well and don't over work yourself.

Worry, stress,confusion and ailment often time aggravate this condition.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
rvpbae:

Please people should answer me na. This is the second time I'm posting here asking for guidance and gotten no response.
Sorry mama no experience with epi cos I was knocked out flat.

Hopefully someone with experience will answer you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 10:33pm On Jan 30, 2018
Liftedhands:
Its very real and can creep up unexpectedly! Few of the signs are snapping unnecessarily, refusal to hold or feed baby, anger towards baby or hubby, withdrawal, moodiness, crying and Lack of care towards one self are some of the warning signs.

Post natal depression could lead to devastating consequences.

Ftm are more at risk but it also happens to any woman after child birth.

Its advised to seek help and willingly accept any offer to help ease off on stress.

Get enough rest eat well and don't over work yourself.

Worry, stress,confusion and ailment often time aggravate this condition.

It almost crept in on me in the first few days meehn.. The pains I experienced after my Cs, plus my continuous relapse in health, plus sleepless nights due to baby's constant demand for food (ebf things cry), in fact ehn, it was my mum's presence that kept me sane.
There were times when I just hated everything, like, issokay I no do again, take the baby away I'm done having a baby! embarassed

I would just snap at my dh for no just cause, and that one go just dey confused. My aunts said I was aggressive and that was why my cs pain wouldn't go undecided but they didn't know. embarassed embarassed

God bless my mum. She would stress up the whole day taking care of me, baby and the whole family, then no sleep at night too cos of baby. She slept on the same bed with baby while I slept on another bed in the same room tho. When baby woke, she would try to pacify her and make her go to bed. She would only slightly tap me to wake up and feed her after which she takes her back and makes her sleep.

Sincerely I was mad at everything. I didn't want the baby again. I wondered how people managed to have many children. [s] (but now I wouldn't mind dancing that one corner that brought me here again lipsrsealed) [/s] . I wouldn't even pick my calls when people called to congratulate me. angry
It was my mum's help that kept me sane all through till I begun to feel ashamed of myself for hating on the poor innocent baby cry cry

PP depression is real o shocked

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
omonifamily:

I beg, Der is dis kinkinni water wey come from my nipples each time I pressed it. I no kno wether it's normal or not make person no go give baby disease o.

team April and every mama pls make ona put mouth o.

I learned it is normal.
But I won't be pressing it again.
Relax my dear Teamy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4046) (4047) (4048) (4049) (4050) (4051) (4052) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.