Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,969 members, 7,799,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8107298 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4552) (4553) (4554) (4555) (4556) (4557) (4558) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eipreel(f): 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
zaynie:

Pele.
This is your pregnancy package, romance it, love it an embrace it.
Pray it subsides by 13th week and then you can start feeling fly till you enter 3rd trimester cry

Another package in third trimester shocked shocked cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aitee1: 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
glimpse:

Should we expect another package in third trimester? embarassed
eipreel:

Yes dear there's another package in 3rd trimester

Right now to bend down for me is like writing jamb to secure admission, through out church today I couldn't stand for 2min cos of waist pain to Sidon sef na war cos the chairs in church isn't as comfy like the ones in my house, the real waddling waka don set in I go dey go front my legs dey go south, I'm like is this me that used to cat walk I do calculate my movement now so that whenever I manage to walk I'll do everything at once cos a moment I sit I'll need grace to get up again.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BarrONLS: 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2018
RhemaDavids:
u don't know what this post has done for me, I was already losing it. Thanks so much my dear I would try the lemon and cracker, can't wait for it to this stage to pass BTW I just felt relived for the first time in a while

Bitter lemon (that drink called "teem" does magic for my morning sickness with cracker, though I was told the drink isn't safe, thanks booqee.
Rhemadavids, Pele, u will be OK very soon, it's all part of "Joy of motherhood" sorry dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by glimpse(f): 5:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
Aitee1:

Right now to bend down for me is like writing jamb to secure admission, through out church today I couldn't stand for 2min cos of waist pain to Sidon sef na war cos the chairs in church isn't as comfy like the ones in my house, the real waddling waka don set in I go dey go front my legs dey go south, I'm like is this me that used to cat walk I do calculate my movement now so that whenever I manage to walk I'll do everything at once cos a moment I sit I'll need grace to get up again.

OK o. God will strengthen us and grant us grace to go through it. Amen. Bunny19, you are laughing at me abi? OK. cry

In other news...we are officially in second trimester today. Thank you Lord. Father Lord, l pray for MS to free me in Jesus name. Amen

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opella(f): 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
zaynie:

Lol, Dr don tire.

How far along is she?
If contractions haven't commenced and she and baby are stable then no p.
But if contractions have commenced but she isn't dilating, that's where she needs to be monitored.
No contractions yet and baby is fine. Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 6:32pm On Aug 05, 2018
zaynie:

Get up and move around
Walk, dance.
Baby is ready to come out but needs encouragement for contraction to.commence.

Induction isn't so bad.
So many women have been through it without issues.y
Don't be afraid
Thank u mama zaynie... It's too late already... I've been stuck on iv since last night..was seriously stooling and vomiting with stomach cramps which I think was contractions...it has stopped though... Am still very weak... Already taken 6 bags of saline water n 4 pint of metronidazone(flagyl) ...cant eat and induction is tomorrow morning... Plz mama pray for me so that I can have the strength I need to deliver my baby Aafiyah...many of my friends including my mum have gone through induction so have made up my mind already... No fear... I trust in Allah... Thank you all...will announce my BA very soon mashallah

23 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bunny19: 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
indian03:

Thank u mama zaynie... It's too late already... I've been stuck on iv since last night..was seriously stooling and vomiting with stomach cramps which I think was contractions...it has stopped though... Am still very weak... Already taken 6 bags of saline water n 4 pint of metronidazone(flagyl) ...cant eat and induction is tomorrow morning... Plz mama pray for me so that I can have the strength I need to deliver my baby Aafiyah...many of my friends including my mum have gone through induction so have made up my mind already... No fear... I trust in Allah... Thank you all...will announce my BA very soon mashallah
InshaAllah we will hear good news soon. It will be a smooth delivery. Congrats Sis!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bunny19: 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
glimpse:

OK o. God will strengthen us and grant us grace to go through it. Amen. Bunny19, you are laughing at me abi? OK. cry

In other news...we are officially in second trimester today. Thank you Lord. Father Lord, l pray for MS to free me in Jesus name. Amen
Sowieeekiss. Am happy for u o, second trimester! May it come with no MS for u
Amin.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eipreel(f): 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2018
Aitee1:

Hmmm. It is well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eipreel(f): 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
indian03:

Safe and smooth delivery mama.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bunny19:
InshaAllah we will hear good news soon. It will be a smooth delivery. Congrats Sis!
Oh already feeling like mama grin..thank u.... But e no easy o... If you c d way women in labour they shout and groan in pain eh...and the nurses were just busy chatting like it's normal... Ah... It was something! U go fear!... My eyes don c something since I got here but everything ended in praise for them all...

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dbryan: 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
indian03:

Oh already feeling like mama grin..thank u.... But e no easy o... If you c d way women in labour they shout and groan in pain eh...and the nurses were just busy chatting like it's normal... Ah... It was something! U go fear!... My eyes don c something since I got here but everything ended in praise for them all...
Yours will also end in praise congrats in advance

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adorablewifey(f): 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2018
Good evening mamas, good evening team May HOW IS THE MINISTRY!!! Welcome New mamas, Congrats to the new mums kiss. This heat no be beans o!!!. I just wonder how celebrities cope with all the shakara during pregnancy sad. The cornrow wey dey my head don nearly turn Dada sad, thank God for wig. Even the wig I had to codedly remove and throw in my bag yesterday grin for my mind nobody see me grin

Mamas wey dey request list, This one na Copy and paste. God bless the mama that dropped this list, can't seem to get her name. I had to retrieve from my evernote. Remove, edit and buy where necessary!

Clothing
8 one-piece outfits or onesies (mix of short-sleeve and long-sleeve)
5 nightgowns (for use until the cord falls off)
8 one-piece sleepsuits
5 pairs of pants/ dresses
2 newborn hats
12 pairs of socks or booties, to wear with nightgowns and outfits
2 pairs of mittens, to keep baby from scratching face
3-5 (or more) outfits for dressing up

Blankets
3 large cotton blankets
8 receiving blankets (also used as burp cloths)

Breastfeeding
Lots of bibs
Burp cloths
Breast pump (manual or electric)
Milk storage containers
Nursing pillow (not essential)
Nursing bras (if buying before baby is born, buy one cup size larger than your pregnant bra size)
Breast pads (disposable or washable)
Lotion or ointment for sore Tips (lanolin-based is best)

Formula feeding
Lots of bibs
Burp cloths
8 four-ounce bottles with Tips
6 eight-ounce bottles with Tips
Bottle and Tip brush
Formula (be sure to check expiry date)
Thermal bottle carrier
Thermal flask

Diapering
One box or two bags of newborn-size diapers (Don’t buy too many in advance in case your baby is large or grows quickly)
Diaper bag
Changing pad
Baby ointment or barrier cream to prevent rash
Disposable wipes or washcloths for cleaning baby’s bottom

Bathtime
1 plastic infant tub
1 cup or bowl to pour water
4 washcloths, not used on baby’s bottom
Baby soap or cleanser
Baby shampoo (optional)
Dettol or savlon (optional)
Baby lotion/ cream
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels

Sleeping
If you are using a crib:
Crib and crib mattress
3 waterproof mattress covers
4 fitted cribsheets
4 light blankets that fit in the crib
If sleeping with parents:
Firm mattress (not a waterbed)
3 waterproof pads to place under baby
Light blanket (keep away from baby’s head)

Other necessities
Infant carseat
Wrapper/wrapping cloth and Oja
Nail clippers or scissors (or just bite off baby’s nails as needed)
Bulb syringe for suctioning mucous
Baby thermometer

1 Like 7 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2018
glimpse:

Should we expect another package in third trimester? embarassed

Lol
Before nko?
Waist pain
Pelvic pain
Heavy boobs
Frequent urination
Braxton hicks
Non stop kicks
Heart burn
Waddling
Stretchmarks
Swollen nose and lips grin or swollen face
Swollen feet and fingers
Anxiety
Tiredness
Clumsiness (to get up from the bed, to take a bath, forget about washing your feet cheesy)
If you're unlucky all your first trimester package will be reloaded, including MS tongue

Just choose your own and keep moving forward.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2018
eipreel:

kiss kiss kiss kiss
See the post above
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2018
indian03:

May Allah make it easy for you.
We await your good news kiss

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bunny19: 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
zaynie:

Lol
Before nko?
Waist pain
Pelvic pain
Heavy boobs
Frequent urination
Braxton hicks
Non stop kicks
Heart burn
Waddling
Stretchmarks
Swollen feet and fingers
Anxiety
Tiredness
Clumsiness (to get up from the bed, to take a bath, forget about washing your feet cheesy)
If you're unlucky all your first trimester package will be reloaded, including MS tongue

Chai embarassed embarassed cry. We are not complaining sha lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bunny19:
Welcome Mummy! February team is really an interesting team. I will update asap. smiley
I miss this team but I knw a better one is coming with my better teamies

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beatiegirl(f): 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
Hello mamas in the house!
This is the only place I know to get answers from.

*Is it okay for my 1 month old baby to sleep on her tummy. Because that's the only way that everyone can get some sleep.

*Is it okay to give my baby (1 month old) water, as I feed her formula and breast milk.

*My baby poops once a week. everyone keeps saying it's normal for some babies, provided she farts regularly.

Kindly assist.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 12:12am On Aug 06, 2018
Dbryan:

Yours will also end in praise congrats in advance
Thank you ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamatweenz: 12:51am On Aug 06, 2018
B.S B.S B.S part 1
My edd was August 4th according to my lmp which was a perfect day for me but baby thought otherwise .
On the 30th of July I started having mild contractions, I ignored it thinking it was the regular BH so I just continued about my activities and even dtd sef, by 5am next morning I was awakened by to gush of water from my veejay so I wake dh and mum up and headed to the hospital. When we got to the hospital the doc examined me n said that I prolly just pissed myself that the liquor is still intact n I shld go home n come back when I feel more intense contractions n I kept arguing with him that I'm not mad na to pee on myself like that , so he said it was just my fore water that expelled n let him just keep me in the hospital for observation since I insisted . After abt another 4 hrs a gynea came I told me that since I wasn't having any strong contractions yet that I'll have to wait till 7pm so he can do a cervical ripening and by the next day induction I said no wahala, fast forward to the 7pm I was called to the Labour ward for the ripening , as the doc started he looked very confused I had to ask what the problem was n he said I was bleeding that did I have any issues during the pregnancy I told him none at all not even ms and he said I shld wait let him call the gynea , when he came he just put on his gloves n put hand n said I was already abt 4cm gone n there was no need for the ripening, my sisters na so I happily pack back my legs waka go my room . By 9pm strong contractions started coming I went n told the nurse she came n gave me pain reliever but that didn't work ,by 1am contractions where already coming back to back like 5 mins apart went back to her and she said she'll move me to the Labour ward by proper morning hmmm I said which one is proper morning again but then was in so much pain to come n start arguing with haunty mtcheww so I just endured till 5.20am , I went back to call her my haunty still said I shld wait but no ooo I insisted so she handed me over to a midwife that took me to the Labour ward and examined me, I was already 8cm gone hallelujah cheesy...she then passed a line stepped out to get cotton wool , my sisters how I dilated from 8cm to 10cm in split seconds is what I can't explain, I shouted "come ooo I want to poo" n she just rushed back checked me and saw my babys head she called other nurses to get a wheelchair n wheel me to the Labour room... as I lay on the bed with one push my lo came out crying his lungs out at exactly 6am August 1 looking all fresh n peng. No tear nothing.

God's faithfulness can never be over emphasised.

I pray for a safe delivery of all mama's here

#teamaugust safe delivery

72 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by GenyEbere(f): 4:03am On Aug 06, 2018
mamatweenz nice BS congrats once again. Team August wetin dey happen,cappo talltosyne no roll call?

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by glimpse(f): 6:35am On Aug 06, 2018
zaynie:

Lol
Before nko?
Waist pain
Pelvic pain
Heavy boobs
Frequent urination
Braxton hicks
Non stop kicks
Heart burn
Waddling
Stretchmarks
Swollen feet and fingers
Anxiety
Tiredness

¶¶ (singing) Oh Lord, my God when I'm in awesome wonder...reconsider all these packages.
I am not complaining oh, just make my third trimester a smooth ride. All will end in praise.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:38am On Aug 06, 2018
beatiegirl:
Hello mamas in the house!
This is the only place I know to get answers from.

*Is it okay for my 1 month old baby to sleep on her tummy. Because that's the only way that everyone can get some sleep.

*Is it okay to give my baby (1 month old) water, as I feed her formula and breast milk.

*My baby poops once a week. everyone keeps saying it's normal for some babies, provided she farts regularly.

Kindly assist.

Hey mama!
Most moms here are about to be moms and might not have all the answers.
Kindly pop into the sister thread for newborn babies. Its on the health section too.

* I usually put my babies to sleep on their tummies but with supervision. Without supervision, I put them on their side and wedge with a roll of clothe, small pillow or a thick blankie.
You shouldn't leave a baby sleeping on tummy (at least until they can flip) without supervision to avoid suffocation.

*if she's formula fed then she definitely needs water to avoid constipation. Give her warm water first thing every morning, that's what I do anyways.

*yup, its very normal in exclusively breastfed babies. In formula fed, as long as she doesn't show any stress in pooping then no wahala. Everybody's systems differ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2018
mamatweenz:
B.S B.S B.S part 1
My edd was August 4th according to my lmp which was a perfect day for me but baby thought otherwise .
On the 30th of July I started having mild
I pray for a safe delivery of all mama's here

#teamaugust safe delivery
What a wonderful birth story. Congrats once again mama. The Lord is good!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xzandy(f): 10:31am On Aug 06, 2018
Good morning Mommas,

Can u suggest a shopping budget for a second time mum? embarassed

Note
1. First child was a boy this second one is a girl
2. I don't stay at Lagos so cost of items here in Uyo might not be so low.

Abeg don't jump and pass i want to start shopping soon.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by karyss: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2018
PORTED TO JULY
1. talltosyne ..............2/8/18. Xy.....B.S seen
2. Mitchyy.......................2/8/18....... XX B.S seen
3. Oliran........................5/8/18 ......XY..... B.S seen
4. divinemandate.............7/8/18.
5. Cynate..................... XY/XY

PORTEES FROM JULY
1. claudine888 ......2/8/18...XX
2. indian03 .......6/8/18

AUGUST DELIVERIES

6. Mamatwewnz ........ 1/8/18.....XY.....B.S seen

YET TO DELIVER

1. Yugoberry .................. 3/8/18

2. shhladyj ....................... 6/8/2018

3. Mamatwiny............12/8/18 Team Blue (Your testimony is permanent)

4. JstBrave ..................13/8/18

5. karyss ........................20/8/18

6. Prettylolo . .....,.............20/8/18.....team blue

7. Exhilarated ................... 21/8/2018

8. GenyEbere ..............22/8/18

9. comtem2011 ................24/8/18

10. onyinyechika08 ..............24/8/18

11 Sayoddy ...................25/8/2018( double for ur trouble)

12. Shollyzcute .... 25/8/2018(xx)

13. brunnette4real................27/8/2018

14. PresVa ............/8/18( pls mama say hi)

15. loistee ......... /8/18 .How are u ma?

16. chiwanks ....................... /8/18 (kindly provide the exact date ma)

17. realpearl ............ 11/8/ 18.

Updated August list.
Cc. Comtem2011 ( how are u ma.. Its been a while).

Hello teamies ow r we? Pls let know ow u r doing?
Let's all try to do small exercise in order to bring on labour buh no go overdo o. I also read dt drinking ewedu(jute leaves) also helps. It will end well for us all.
Cappo talltosyne I sight u. Ow is ur lo?
Asst cappo comtem2011.... Its unlike u ma. Op u r fyn?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DrDhe: 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
zaynie:

Lol
Before nko?
Waist pain
Pelvic pain
Heavy boobs
Frequent urination
Braxton hicks
Non stop kicks
Heart burn
Waddling
Stretchmarks
Swollen feet and fingers
Anxiety
Tiredness

Lol.... Team constant kicks, no washing of feet, swollen face, frequent urination and heart burn ( zero tolerance for beans my favorite food)

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DrDhe: 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
Team September hope we are all doing fine. I am going shopping tomorrow as a FTM. I will appreciate any suggestions or advice. I already put together my list from the group and I am going to Docemu market at Idumota. Happy bumping ���

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tabsy: 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2018
Father we thank You.

For Your faithfulness, love and compassion over all mamas on this thread. Thank You for Your goodness over our families.

Thank You for the blessings of our LOs. Father we ask that Your protection be round about them. No evil eyes shall see them. No weapon fashioned against them will prosper. There will be no issue or cause to sorrow over them in Jesus name.

Thank You Lord for provision of the needs of our families. Father in Jesus name, continue to prosper the works of our hands and that of our DHs. Continue to put Your hedge of protection round about us, Amen.

For our sisters TTCing, Lord cause them to laugh. Answer their long desired prayers in Jesus name. Just like You did for Hannah, Amen

We commit this week into Your hands; Father have your way and take all the glory.

Thank You Lord.

30 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyP30(f): 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
Tabsy:
Father we thank You.

For Your faithfulness, love and compassion over all mamas on this thread. Thank You for Your goodness over our families.

Thank You for the blessings of our LOs. Father we ask that Your protection be round about them. No evil eyes shall see them. No weapon fashioned against them will prosper. There will be no issue or cause to sorrow over them in Jesus name.

Thank You Lord for provision of the needs of our families. Father in Jesus name, continue to prosper the works of our hands and that of our DHs. Continue to put Your hedge of protection round about us, Amen.

For our sisters TTCing, Lord cause them to laugh. Answer their long desired prayers in Jesus name. Just like You did for Hannah, Amen

We commit this week into Your hands; Father have your way and take all the glory.

Thank You Lord.

Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayabadamilola: 1:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
eipreel and glimpse, keep calm and expect third trimester package. I can't remember the last time I wore pant, na soso scratch scratch plus I can't bend to wear anything jare. I've stopped rubbing cream on my legs since... waking up like 4 times to pee at night... stopped eating beans since since... this baby can kick for Africa, sometimes I feel like my belle wan tear... once I sit down, nobody can make me stand up (except I need to pee)... etc etc etc

Like I said, keep calm and expect the packagegringringrin

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4552) (4553) (4554) (4555) (4556) (4557) (4558) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.