Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8113357 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
agi, thank God for ur life and ur LO. May joy never cease in ur household, amin.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2013
Welldone and Good day all, trust everyone is doing pretty well; I want to believe I'm not the only man here ***feeling shy*** I'd been with you on this thread where I learn things day by day; so I'm one of you smiley smiley smiley.

I and Wife was planning a baby shopping lists last night and we decided to include among other things; a crib/cot, stroller, bassinets, baby bouncer etc. We've been to the markets earlier where we saw some samples and were told the baby stroller can also serve as a crib for baby to sleep in day & night; instead of buying the baby cot and the baby stroller. I want the best for my child and at the same time have to consider my resources, we're finding it difficult getting our priority lists and here we need the advice of experienced mothers/fathers to help us out. Baby cot/Crib or Baby Stroller?, how long can it take the baby? What's the cost effectiveness? I'm afraid of buying things that will only serve for awhile and become useless. Please help out! Help prioritize our baby lists (We already have the hospital items).

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2013
Mcfemad, speaking based on my experiences. Both babies hated their cots/crib. To show displeasure they'd cry each time I put them in; if they slept and I put them in it they'd be sure to wake up in the next hour unlike when they slept on my bed or even on the parlour couch (with supervision of course).
Now for the stroller, because we live in an estate it has been very useful. I'm using the same one I used for my son for my daughter; her father takes her out in it most evenings.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 6:01pm On Apr 12, 2013
Hello...how are you all?I hope all our babies are kicking?I have a question to ask..I just finished my first trimester..into the early stage of the second one.I am getting married next weekend(20th & 21st of April)..of recent I have having sleepless nights(mayb due to anxiety,dunno)my husband to be thinks its natural cos of what is ahead of me...Secondly..I went out on Monday and my sister told me my feets are lightly swollen,I decided to check for muself,they are indeed swollen,two or three persons have noticed that too.Thirdly I feel weak..headache..backaches.I dnt want to get scared but have been hearing stories about that too..I will be seeing my doctor in two weeks time but before that any advice would help and I will apreciate it..thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayandee: 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
Hummingbird, i think u should see ur doctor immediately. Next 2weeks is a long time. He may tell u to take some tests to rule out pre-eclampsia. Also don't let d stress of wedding preparations get to u. Make use of people around u to get things done. The ceremony will turn out fine even without u being overtly involved involved in d preparatns. I was in my first trimester when i got married too. I didn't bother about organising asoebi or other things. I let my sister handle most of those things. What matters now is ur health and that of ur baby. Wishing u a happy married life in advance.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
@hummingbird,take ayandeez advice,go to ur doctor immediately,reduce ur salt intake and try not to stay standing for long,u shud also keep ur feet elevated anytime u can(place it on a stool wenever ure seated),don't worry tis well with u,d same hapend to me in my 1st pregnancy,after d doctor conducted tests,he gave me d same advice I just gave u cheesy

And take it easy wth d preparations,I was also pregers befor my wedin,and I just relaxed thruout,I didn't lift a finger to do anythn,cos I realizd my baby and wellbeing was more imptnt dan any event,wichever way d thing turnd out,I knew at d end of d day I wud be marid,so relax o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2013
Evening all, I still need more contributions/responses to my questions please. Thank you!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
maran1983: Mcfemad, speaking based on my experiences. Both babies hated their cots/crib. To show displeasure they'd cry each time I put them in; if they slept and I put them in it they'd be sure to wake up in the next hour unlike when they slept on my bed or even on the parlour couch (with supervision of course).
Now for the stroller, because we live in an estate it has been very useful. I'm using the same one I used for my son for my daughter; her father takes her out in it most evenings.
Thank you ma, this helped. More please!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2013
@mcfamed,I'd alredy typed one long epistl to u befor my mumu fone went off,long and short of my story is dt u shudnt bother buyin either,unless u intend takin d kid for a stroll lik maran siad,and u live in an estate wth paved roads(though d baby can be backked and taken for a stroll cheesy)just buy this minibeds that av mosquito nets they sell(bout 1,500-3k),u can put d baby on d bed,in d livingroom,basicaly anywhr,cos babies don't lik sleepin in cots,I was warned oo,but I do my ear for back lik rabbit,I no hear,cos 1st pikin dey shack person,went to buy one 55k cot,once d baby hit 1month,d youngman refused to sleep init,my husby found my predicamnt hilarios,cos he was against buyin a cot at such a price in d firstplace cheesy,but I no go lie,dt my cot fine die,and I was feelin lik one ttusshh ajebutter mummy wen peopl came to visit and saw my kid in it,but all na vanity sha

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
@tjskii, thank you so much ma'am. This is very helpful; read it with my wife and I was like 'So tan, Se mi o so fun e' i.e Didn't I tell you?. You'd helped me saved some money heresmiley Thanks a lot. God bless. Other opinions are also welcome.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 10:12pm On Apr 12, 2013
ayandee: Hummingbird, i think u should see ur doctor immediately. Next 2weeks is a long time. He may tell u to take some tests to rule out pre-eclampsia. Also don't let d stress of wedding preparations get to u. Make use of people around u to get things done. The ceremony will turn out fine even without u being overtly involved involved in d preparatns. I was in my first trimester when i got married too. I didn't bother about organising asoebi or other things. I let my sister handle most of those things. What matters now is ur health and that of ur baby. Wishing u a happy married life in advance.
thnk you very much..about me seeing a doctor,am not in town now(came to my parent's base for the wedding) so I will go to a nearby good hospital..also about resting for the wedding,every one is making sure I rest well...all the same I will go and see a doctor tomorrow..thank you. (Plus can you tell me more about the pre-eclampsia stuff)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2013
tjskii: @hummingbird,take ayandeez advice,go to ur doctor immediately,reduce ur salt intake and try not to stay standing for long,u shud also keep ur feet elevated anytime u can(place it on a stool wenever ure seated),don't worry tis well with u,d same hapend to me in my 1st pregnancy,after d doctor conducted tests,he gave me d same advice I just gave u cheesy

And take it easy wth d preparations,I was also pregers befor my wedin,and I just relaxed thruout,I didn't lift a finger to do anythn,cos I realizd my baby and wellbeing was more imptnt dan any event,wichever way d thing turnd out,I knew at d end of d day I wud be marid,so relax o
I will relax o but am not stressing myself at all..cnt wait for saturday to come oo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 10:54pm On Apr 12, 2013
Read the thread from page50,mostly agiboma's comments,to understand more bout pre eclampsia@hummingbird
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
@mcfemad, choi ur wife go dey biff me for her mind o, cheesy grin cos as a 1st timer I'm sure shez got her heart set on buying a cot/buggy for d baby,make u accomodate her small,just buy a cot that isn't too xpnsive,I'm sure u shud be abl to get one for at least 8k,cos I remember d xctmnt I felt just looking at my baby in a cot

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 11:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
tjskii: Read the thread from page50,mostly agiboma's comments,to understand more bout pre eclampsia@hummingbird
thanks a lot..will see the doctor first thing tomorrow and will report back here
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by julicoka(f): 12:06am On Apr 13, 2013
[quote author=Mcfemad]Evening all, I still need more contributions/responses to my questions please. Thank you![/quote) Go ad see ur DR. Ur marriage ve announce ad u must wed dat day,ur baby is important,my baby is 4 months now,i graduated from sch on novmber.during dat time of my own i dot stress my self about lecturers any time i like i wil enter class ad any office,i take much time on my unborn baby then ad my result was very nice (distinction) so relaxe ur mind about ur wedding ur angel baby ve prepared everytin for u.enjoy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 2:16am On Apr 13, 2013
Hello mamas n preggy
Ow una dey
*feeling sexy*

I read somewhere abt cot/stroller etc
Chai, I spend sotey my mama seize all my atm, withdrawal book
Wat didn't I buy
The cot, he didn't use it at all
Funnily d only one MR uses is jst d walker
D swi.nger,stroller,jumper,rocker,pusher, seater, can't even remember because I don dismantle dem
Sotey I buy am baby jacuzzi bath

Now I look at dem and want my money back

1st babies are like dat as madam beautiful baby elephant said

Your wife can't take her eyes off beautiful baby things sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 7:04am On Apr 13, 2013
Diamond,who be madam beautiful baby elephant,I go wounjoure u o grin grin cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 8:29am On Apr 13, 2013
Oh sorry
No vex o mk elephant no crush me
Loool

Ow are u and d boys dis mornin
*boys* ur kid, hubby, and am sure d anbolona*expecting* too is a boy

I rem d very beautiful tskji, d eyes of firearm
Lmao
Carry go jor
Nottin do u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 13, 2013
At diamond,I feel so sexy that I wanna cry,e no easy.Can't wait for the months to roll off themselves in twos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 8:51am On Apr 13, 2013
Madam maran, tsjkii and diamondlove, I sincerely thank you for your inputs, you'd really helped us to know what we want. We'd ruled the babycot/crib/stroller out, now planning to get useful items to include baby walker and maybe bouncer (for church and outdoor activities). Madam Tsjkii, wife don beef you finish but she no get choice; its as if she should buy everyting for the young guywinkwink. Thanks once again. May the good Lord help us and proper our ways. Amen. We've less than 18 weeks to go and can't wait to be a 'Baba Ikoko'
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:56am On Apr 13, 2013
diamondlove: Oh sorry
No vex o mk elephant no crush me
Loool

Ow are u and d boys dis mornin
*boys* ur kid, hubby, and am sure d anbolona*expecting* too is a boy

I rem d very beautiful tskji, d eyes of firearm
Lmao
Carry go jor
Nottin do u

Dis diamond,u be winch ni,ow u tak kno say ambolana na boy cheesy,and ur memory sharp gan o,u stil rember d firearm saga grin

@mcfemad,tis well with u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 5:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
Mcfemad
U cld get this chicco set
It has walker, car seater, Player, stroller I think and it goes for less dan 30k
Dats beta
As d baby grows day to day, ur wife will know wat d baby needs

Tjskii baby
Am sure at d sight of firearm, u went to my profile to check my reg date abi? Lmao

Byvan
Pele dear, I know how it feels been there
Don't worry, we shall celebrate soon
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
Thank you diamondlove. How does the chicco set looks like? is chicco the product/brand name? durability nko? You have an idea of where one can get it? Please throw more light ma. thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2013
Chico has lots of baby products
Was surfing one time and I saw on JUMIA, pained me ehn cos I got mine separately
Its 5 in 1
Car seater, Player, stroller, can't rem
Bt its very good
I saw for like 24k or so
Bt u cld check mkt where dey sell baby stuffs, am sure there will even b varieties of products to chose frm
Btw, where are u based?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
Scratches head
Its graco and nt chicco
Ere is d pix of it
Its even 17,500 and comes only in pink
Graco stroller set

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 3:43am On Apr 14, 2013
Wow this is awesome,wish I had known stuff lik dis existed wen I was buying for my 1st kid,kaii,it can even be converted to a high chair,and d price is just right,I spent like tripl this amount buying these things seprratly then*sigh*
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 4:39am On Apr 14, 2013
Tell me abt it babe
I screamed at myself
And now does he even use dem? These babies are jst so funny
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 10:09am On Apr 14, 2013
This product is a good to go one and its affordable. Wife liked it. We stay in Sagamu, Ogun state but not sure we can get it here. Is Jumia a safe site to do online transaction? (scared of online purchase...once bitten twice shy)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 10:23am On Apr 14, 2013
Jumia is not bad
I do most of my shoppings online and they get it to me at home, got a few products from them, they not bad at all
When you ending the transaction, choose the pay at delivery means
So when they bring, u pay them
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 14, 2013
Please this Jumia,what's the full name of the site,so I can check it out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 10:34am On Apr 14, 2013
Jst google jumia
Then click on the first
This particular stroller in in indoor toys
Bt u cld search for anything and it will come up

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (6954) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.