Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,498 members, 7,801,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5850) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8110447 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5847) (5848) (5849) (5850) (5851) (5852) (5853) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 10:48am On Sep 16, 2020
mimyselfai:
BA

The captain of the football team we're trying to build arrived at about 3am yesterday (15 September 2020) weighs no 4.2kg via vaginal delivery.

Congratulations to you and your wifey and Amen to your prayer. Thank you Lord for a smooth delivery, we return all the glory to you.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2020
mimyselfai:
BA

The captain of the football team we're trying to build arrived at about 3am yesterday (15 September 2020) weighs no 4.2kg via vaginal delivery. Baby is fine and mother is also fine. In fact, they were discharged yesterday by midday and they're home already. Big thanks to God for seamless birth and may God bring to perfect completion the good work he has started with the other mamas still carrying. You women are the true heroes. Our boring and uneventful BS coming up soon.

Cc. @mayluv
You call 4.2kg vaginal delivery boring and uneventful? shocked
No lemme vex o, issa big deal, mama.
Congratulations. God bless the newborn.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2020
bukit05:

Wow! 37 weeks already. The Lord will make it easy for you all.
Na so o. 37 weeks already. Amen to that prayer.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2020
Good afternoon mamas and papas grin
So, yesterday I was having this mild pain in my tummy. The pain was similar to the onset of my very first labour. I laid down on the bed and the discomfort moved to the front of my bump, just somewhere below the abdomen and above the vagina. I thought I would find myself in the hospital today but waking up this morning, the pain and discomfort was gone. shocked
Should I count it as false labour or what? I didn't know what to think.
@kaffy4bill and other moms, come and help me out o. Walking is another difficult thing for me now. And the contractions are at regular intervals but painless

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ggirl4real: 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2020
katchycouture:

Congrats mama and may the lord make your Joy permanent.
Calm down and relax, maleria and typhoid medications don't cause miscarriage like that, even in pregnancy we still treat maleria and typhoid with drugs and sometimes injections. Be at peace and enjoy being pregnant

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ggirl4real: 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2020
sweetlady4real:
@ggirl4real Congratulations on your bfp. You are not likely to have micscarriage because of the drugs and injections. As Mama Katchycouture pointed out, you will most likely be given anti malaria drugs even in pregnancy. So, put your mind at rest. I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Thanks Ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 2:48pm On Sep 16, 2020
I didn’t even know a 4.2kg baby could come out vaginally my sis had to have CS done in her case
threegees:

You call 4.2kg vaginal delivery boring and uneventful? shocked
No lemme vex o, issa big deal, mama.
Congratulations. God bless the newborn.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2020
lululuv:
Pls welcome me back, e don tey oo. I have missed dis lovely family. My companion that year when i was a FTM. Now in my 3rd missionary journey, Really motherhood is not easy. To all FTMs its not as bad as it seems, old mamas like me, e still no easy, GTC Mama's baby dust to us all. Team Nov, EDD 15/11, XY.

Una welcome oooo big madam. We welcome you to the team of all gain.

May God see us through this lovely journey. Amen to your prayer. Sincerely, its not easy and this journey no even no customer.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by princessKF(f): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2020
threegees:
So, yesterday I was having this mild pain in my tummy. The pain was similar to the onset of my very first labour. I laid down on the bed and the discomfort moved to the front of my bump, just somewhere below the abdomen and above the vagina. I thought I would find myself in the hospital today but waking up this morning, the pain and discomfort was gone. shocked
@kaffy4bill and other moms, come and help me out o. Walking is another difficult thing for me now. And the contractions are at regular intervals but painless

I just hope all October mamas won't port to September... since yesterday that I came back from the hospital I can't walk well, I had to lie on my side because when I'm up it always look as if baby want to drop... the heaviness is not something that I can explain. In all I pray we hold on to atleast first week of October.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2020
Please Mamas help me.where can I buy a mifi in Lagos on the mainland
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2020
threegees:

When you are in labor the discomfort doesn’t go away. Either with activity or not. Keep an eye on any changes and be ready to go to the hospital if need be.
It will end in praise

Hope this helps

One love always

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2020
oke22:
I didn’t even know a 4.2kg baby could come out vaginally my sis had to have CS done in her case
That's God for you o.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2020
princessKF:

I just hope all October mamas won't port to September... since yesterday that I came back from the hospital I can't walk well, I had to lie on my side because when I'm up it always look as if baby want to drop... the heaviness is not something that I can explain. In all I pray we hold on to atleast first week of October.
It is well with us grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2020
kaffy4bill:

When you are in labor the discomfort doesn’t go away. Either with activity or not. Keep an eye on any changes and be ready to go to the hospital if need be.
It will end in praise

Hope this helps

One love always
Thanks ma.
I'll keep that in mind. We were so ready to go to the hospital if anything happens.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cheeketo(f): 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2020
So I went for ANC today and the dr. that attended to me said my baby is measuring ahead, and asked me to do a fasting blood sugar test, meanwhile at my last clinic, I was informed I will do pelvimetry at 36wks due to my previous CS history, so my question is now that they are already suspecting a big baby, do I have to do the pelvimetry again? I don't want to spend money doing pelvimetry and still end up with CS, let me just save the money for part of my cs fee, pls experienced mamas, help me with your inputs.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by khaite23: 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2020
[quote author=Ziby post=93943383][/quote]

My prayers are with you mama. May God console you and bless with another wonderful soul to nuture very soon.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soulmate19: 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2020
threegees:
Team October 2020

#SupernaturalDelivery
#NoLossNoComplications

Congratulations @engraced and the October mamas that have delivered. May God bless your little ones.

Biko Sabi Mamas, how is pelvimetry CT scan done? Is it painful? And how important is it?
Also can diarrhea be a sign of labor? I started pawpaw and pineapple therapy on Monday (as instructed by my doctor) but have been going to toilet ever since then.
Could it be any of the fruits? Help a ftm

@kaffy4bill
@sugah

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 1:07am On Sep 17, 2020
soulmate19:

Congratulations @engraced and the October mamas that have delivered. May God bless your little ones.

Biko Sabi Mamas, how is pelvimetry CT scan done? Is it painful? And how important is it?
Also can diarrhea be a sign of labor? I started
pawpaw and pineapple therapy on Monday (as instructed by my doctor) but have been going to toilet ever since then.

@kaffy4bill
@sugah
Pelvimetry is as painless as whatever. Did it in 2011, I don't think the procedure has changed. It's just like you want to take a picture grin
As for the pawpaw and pineapple and diarrhoea, yes diarrhoea can be a sign of labour but you should rectify that with your doctor.
@kaffy4bill will enlighten us better

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 1:45am On Sep 17, 2020
soulmate19:

Also can diarrhea be a sign of labor? I started pawpaw and pineapple therapy on Monday (as instructed by my doctor) but have been going to toilet ever since then.

@kaffy4bill
@sugah

Pelvimetry assesses the size of a woman's pelvis aiming to predict whether she will be able to give birth normally or will require a Caesarean section This can be done by clinical examination, or by conventional X‐rays, computerised tomography (CT) scanning, or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It is very important.
Might be uncomfortable but not painful.

Diarrhea can be a sign of labor and can also be due to the fruits. Please talk to your care provider about it.

Hope this helps

One love always

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 6:30am On Sep 17, 2020
Wow by God's grace we are 35weeks gone.

Sometimes while walking it feels as if a paint bucket of water was attached to lower abdomen and walking becomes a big issue so unlike my first where i started feeling such discomfort after hitting 37wk.

Baby should please be calming down for me till we enter 2nd week of October so that Dh would be home by then biko.

Safe and swift delivery to all September mama and October mamas ready to port. Amen

Everyone waiting and believing for this blessing of conception, it is your set time to celebrate. Congratulations. Amen.

May the Lord restore unto all mama that their journey was cut short. Amen.

Financial open doors to everyone struggling, may our mouths be filled with laughter as the Lord turns the situation around to favour us. Amen.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by africaflozy(f): 6:46am On Sep 17, 2020
ggirl4real:
Hello Everyone

I'm new to this group. Please I need help.

I became very sick on day 21 of my last cycle (which started on 6th August, 2020). I didn't want to take any medication since I've been actively trying to conceive but the sickness was too serious and unbearable.

To manage the severe fever and body aches that followed, I had to start taking paracetamol. It helped for some days but I was still very sick so I had to give in and went to Primary Health Centre on day 27 of the cycle. I told the nurses there about my reason for delaying treatment. They took my blood sample for pregnancy test, alongside other tests. The pregnancy test result came out NEGATIVE.

Other test results indicated that I had very severe Malaria/Typhoid so I was given injections before leaving the Health Centre alongside other drugs for Malaria and Typhoid which I started taking the next day. I became fine after I completed my medications.

I have irregular cycles but it has never gone beyond 38days. When my period delayed to come even till day 41 (yesterday), so I decided to conduct Home Pregnancy Test and the result was POSITIVE. I decided to proceed to the Lab for blood test which also came out POSITIVE.

My extreme worry now is the Malaria and Typhoid injections and drugs I took from day 27. I'm I likely to have miscarriage later because of this? If the drugs can affect the pregnancy, what can I do remedy the effect and avoid possible miscarriage? Please I need help because I've been trying to conceive for 3 years now and this is my first positive result.

I was on strong antibiotics drugs, at my early stage, not knowing I was already pregnant. But to God be the glory, LO and mama is fine. We are hitting second trimester next week.
So have faith that nothing will go wrong medically and visit your doctor. God bless

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 2020Abby: 11:00am On Sep 17, 2020
Cappo thanks for checking in o.

We're doing good. I collected hospital list 2 weeks ago, and I'm planning to start buying items small small from next month by God's grace.

Hope you're doing good.

sugah:

My January mamas how are we doing? We are now in the last weeks of honeymoon phase cry cry Good thing is we are moving closer to our permanent site, May God make our 3rd trimester super easy.

I finally did another scan and confirmed my baby girl, my baby K kiss kiss...I'm so happy, God indeed answered my prayers and I can hang my boots after her. Now I can start buying those cute little baby girl clothes ive been craving grin
Mamas that have confirmed gender please supply it so I can update our list.
Have we started shopping yet? Especially our first timers, have you gotten hospital list? Its best to start buying some items small small cos the inflation rate in Nigeria is not funny at all..it feels like every time I go to the market the prices are higher cry May God help us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soulmate19: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2020
threegees:

Pelvimetry is as painless as whatever. Did it in 2011, I don't think the procedure has changed. It's just like you want to take a picture grin
As for the pawpaw and pineapple and diarrhoea, yes diarrhoea can be a sign of labour but you should rectify that with your doctor.
@kaffy4bill will enlighten us better

Thanks cappo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soulmate19: 11:29am On Sep 17, 2020
kaffy4bill:

Hope this helps

One love always

Thanks alot Nurse Kaffy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dbeauty(f): 11:38am On Sep 17, 2020
sugah:

My January mamas how are we doing? We are now in the last weeks of honeymoon phase cry cry Good thing is we are moving closer to our permanent site, May God make our 3rd trimester super easy.

I finally did another scan and confirmed my baby girl, my baby K kiss kiss...I'm so happy, God indeed answered my prayers and I can hang my boots after her. Now I can start buying those cute little baby girl clothes ive been craving grin
Mamas that have confirmed gender please supply it so I can update our list.
Have we started shopping yet? Especially our first timers, have you gotten hospital list? Its best to start buying some items small small cos the inflation rate in Nigeria is not funny at all..it feels like every time I go to the market the prices are higher cry May God help us.

Dear Cappo.
We are doing good to the glory of God. Congrats on the sex of your baby cool cool

Abeg my moniker na dbeauty o. Not Dbeauty. I no Dey get mention biko..na Small letter D.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dbeauty(f): 11:40am On Sep 17, 2020
Congratulations to our latest mommas...God bless and keep your bundles of joy....May vigilante be kind to you grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifeoluwatoyin2: 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2020
Hi mama.....am in my third trimester... feeling nauseous and vomiting just like first trimester...it is normal cos am FTM

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hapheey007(f): 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2020
My country people, how una dey o...
Happy vigilante to new mums and safe delivery to expectant mums...
I'm eight weeks postpartum and my episiotomy site has not healed completely. I went to complain last week and was prescribed Augmentin which I've finished using. The pain from there subsided but a small wound site is still there close to the opening of my vagina (according to the person that checked me). Could it be my body that has a slow healing nature? Please suggest me what I can do to speed up the healing process.
Note: I've done the sitz bath something, what else can I do?
Kpekus ministry must start soon...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2020
ifeoluwatoyin2:
Hi mama.....am in my third trimester... feeling nauseous and vomiting just like first trimester...it is normal cos am FTM
if it is much go and see ur doctor. Is been long u answered roll call... Try and be active pls

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
hapheey007:
My country people, how una dey o...
Happy vigilante to new mums and safe delivery to expectant mums...
I'm eight weeks postpartum and my episiotomy site has not healed completely. I went to complain last week and was prescribed Augmentin which I've finished using. The pain from there subsided but a small wound site is still there close to the opening of my vagina (according to the person that checked me). Could it be my body that has a slow healing nature? Please suggest me what I can do to speed up the healing process.
Note: I've done the sitz bath something, what else can I do?
Kpekus ministry must start soon...
Wait untill u are properly healed before starting that ur kpekus ministry oo... Continue with d sit bath, take vit c regulary, always sit on a wooden chair with ur legs close, apply ori on d site. Hope this helps

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5847) (5848) (5849) (5850) (5851) (5852) (5853) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joyfulayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.