Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5860) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8122103 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5857) (5858) (5859) (5860) (5861) (5862) (5863) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gracefulpillar: 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
@Oke 22.. Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 19CannyMum: 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2020
sugah:

I think you can get OTC antacids safe for pregnancy to relief the heartburn.

So the myth might be true eh?

For the myth, let's watch and see smiley

Yes I'll get something OTC. It just never occurred to me before.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 8:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
thejourney200:
In a situation where the hospital doesn't give a list, what should one do? Our OBGYN said they don't have anything of such and we were told whenever my wife gets into the active stage of labor (5:1:1 i.e. one contraction that last for a minute every five minutes), we should go to the city's main hospital and once we register, the hospital will call one of their doctors on call to join us. In essence, they do not have a birthing center.

Also, we were told to shop for a pediatrician clinic which we have. Is there anything we need to go with for the pediatrician? Also, after certified okay, when is the first pediatrician visit as we need to get an insurance plan for the baby but it might take up to 3 days before it is activated?

We are trying to get the bag set and not sure what exactly we need to. So far, we have:
3 pieces of clothes for the newborn,
1 pack newborn diapers,
1 pack wipes,
4 maternity bras,
Clothes for the mother.

One bottle of Mentholated spirit
Two bottles of Goya oil
Baby soap or bathing kits
Clothes for the baby (socks, cap, mittens, and bodysuit)
Shawl
Drugs for baby (hospital will provide the list for them)
Small flask with hot water
Bathing soap, comb for mom
Three packs of lady sept sanitary pad for mom
Three packs of disposable panties for mom
A pair of bathroom slippers
I tin of glucose and small cup and small spoon
A roll of dele cotton wool
A pack of latex gloves (large size)
Small combs for baby
I pack of underlay
2 bar soaps (probably for enema)
One Towel for mom and two small towels for baby
Baby suction (very important)
Cord clip
I bottle of dettol
Toothbrush, pajamas and toothpaste for mom
I packet of razor blade (very important)

Are you in Nigeria? The hospital should be able to give you an idea of some important items which will be needed or will they provide them?

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2020
sugah:

I'm guessing you are in the abroad grin?

The hospital list thing is a Nigerian/African thing...hospitals abroad provide the basic things required for delivery. The hospital even gives you stuff like diapers, wipes, formula, clothes, disposable pants for the mother...I even got a breast pump.
In that case, the only thing you need is going home clothes for the baby and comfy clothes for the mother, car seat...pretty much..and anything she'd need to make her stay more comfortable. An extra blanket for you to sleep with, snacks for you, phone chargers etc

For pead visit, you can ask the doctor when you can visit for checks...if circumcision is done at the hospital before discharge you wouldn't need a visit for about 1 week (I think)

Thanks a lot. We will relax our mind then.

Do we need to go with the breast pump? We got one courtesy of our insurance.

As for the car seat, we got one but yet to fix the base. Will do this maybe one of these days.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soulmate19: 8:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
mayluv:
BA BA BA!!!
To God be the glory, it has ended in praise. Where are my team September mamas o. My prince landed today weighing 3.44kg via VD with little tears. Mummy, daddy and baby are doing great. BS coming soonest.

Congratulations momma, welcome adorable prince
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soulmate19: 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2020
Deolaw:
BA!!!

EDD - - October 9, 2020
DD - - September 26, 2020
Weight - - 3.2kg

It was a VD with little tear

It's with a great joy we met our Prince. Mother is doing very well and father is fine too.

May God finish His good works on each belleful mothers here and also plant a baby seed on all TTC women. We await your testimonies.

BS coming soon.

TeamOctober cappo take note.

Congratulations, welcome adorable prince. Regards to momma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
cinderellashoes:

Two bottles of Goya oil
Shawl
Small combs for baby
I pack of underlay
Cord clip
I bottle of dettol

Are you in Nigeria? The hospital should be able to give you an idea of some important items which will be needed or will they provide them?

Thanks for your help. We are not in Nigeria and Sugah just assured us we do not need be bothered about most of the stuff. We intend going with Lavenda Oil though because it was mentioned in our birthing class that its aroma helps ease the environment and makes the pain bearable kind of.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2020
thejourney200:

Thanks a lot. We will relax our mind then.

Do we need to go with the breast pump? We got one courtesy of our insurance.

As for the car seat, we got one but yet to fix the base. Will do this maybe one of these days.
Yea...thats one of the perks of abroad life.

Hospital gave me a manual one, since you already have one I suggest you go with it especially if its electric.
In the US, you carry your baby out of the hospital in the car seat...but the base would already be fixed in the car.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 9:18pm On Sep 26, 2020
sugah:

Yea...thats one of the perks of abroad life.

Hospital gave me a manual one, since you already have one I suggest you go with it especially if its electric.
In the US, you carry your baby out of the hospital in the car seat...but the base would already be fixed in the car.

Yeah, we still a month away is why i don't want to fix the base yet but I guess the earlier the better. Thanks so much for the help. Guess we are ready but the days seem so long now.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Temitope009(f): 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
Where are my team Feb?
Been long I peeped in here.
What's popping guys?
Make Una show face o.

To our new babies, we welcome you. Congratulations senior mommas.
Good to see babies everywhere.

Keep popping them out grin

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by khaite23: 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2020
mayluv:
BA BA BA!!!
To God be the glory, it has ended in praise. Where are my team September mamas o. My prince landed today weighing 3.44kg via VD with little tears. Mummy, daddy and baby are doing great. BS coming soonest.
See me dancing alanta oooooo
����������������
Congrats capppo. So happy to see this

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by khaite23: 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
Deolaw:
BA!!!

EDD - - October 9, 2020
DD - - September 26, 2020
Weight - - 3.2kg

It was a VD with little tear

It's with a great joy we met our Prince. Mother is doing very well and father is fine too.

May God finish His good works on each belleful mothers here and also plant a baby seed on all TTC women. We await your testimonies.

BS coming soon.

TeamOctober cappo take note.
Congrats ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ANewMumIJNAmen: 10:15pm On Sep 26, 2020
threegees:

The God I know and serve. May you carry to term and bring forth your bundle of joy safely in Jesus name
Thank you so much mama and amen to your prayers. I. Ant wait to read your BS. May God be with us all

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ANewMumIJNAmen: 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2020
Babygal2020:

Congrats mama. See me shedding tears of joy here.
Thank you mama. Our God is amazing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ANewMumIJNAmen: 10:19pm On Sep 26, 2020
Rekhi:
To God be all the Glory..u should be given a golden chair and chilled fruit salad sef...Congrats mama,,the joy shall be permanent by HIS Grace,,,, wishing everyone of us easy delivery (ameen)

Lol I go really appreciate that fruit salad. Thank you mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ANewMumIJNAmen: 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2020
Congratulations mummies @mayluv and @deolaw grin grin Many more blessings to you and your families
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by princessKF(f): 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2020
@Mayluv and @Deolaw.... congratulations to you both, God bless your LOs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 11:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
Doubt they use Goya oil abroad please poster kindly watch some hauls on YouTube most I’ve watched said they shouldn’t have brought anything hospitals gave them mostly everything they needed
cinderellashoes:

Two bottles of Goya oil
Shawl
Small combs for baby
I pack of underlay
Cord clip
I bottle of dettol

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 11:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
Nonetheless take things for yourself and onesies for your baby
oke22:
Doubt they use Goya oil abroad please poster kindly watch some hauls on YouTube most I’ve watched said they shouldn’t have brought anything hospitals gave them mostly everything they needed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 1:49am On Sep 27, 2020
oke22:
Nonetheless take things for yourself and onesies for your baby

Thanks a lot. We will do just that.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunpredictable: 6:25am On Sep 27, 2020
mayluv:
BA BA BA!!!

Congratulations on the arrival of our prince. God will protect him always. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunpredictable: 6:33am On Sep 27, 2020
Good morning belleful mommies. Im really joyous to find this family. I pray to announce my own BA and BS here also. Please i need help.

I lost my previous pregnancy. I did an evacuation at 12th week. The scan showed that the baby stopped developing at week 8.

I was 9 weeks yesterday and for like 3 days I've been feeling like my boobs dont ache as before and kinda reduced a bit. Im really worried which i also know is not good for me. I've been taking vitamin b, c and iron supplements.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 7:20am On Sep 27, 2020
So sorry
dunpredictable:
Good morning belleful mommies. Im really joyous to find this family. I pray to announce my own BA and BS here also. Please i need help.

I lost my previous pregnancy. I did an evacuation at 12th week. The scan showed that the baby stopped developing at week 8.

I was 9 weeks yesterday and for like 3 days I've been feeling like my boobs dont ache as before and kinda reduced a bit. Im really worried which i also know is not good for me. I've been taking vitamin b, c and iron supplements.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by claseek(f): 8:13am On Sep 27, 2020
congrats to the new mamas..

By the grace of God, i pray to join team June 2021.

is it safe for the body, to try and get pregnant immediately after a miscarriage?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MummyD2020(f): 9:22am On Sep 27, 2020
sugah:

I'm guessing you are in the abroad grin?

The hospital list thing is a Nigerian/African thing...hospitals abroad provide the basic things required for delivery. The hospital even gives you stuff like diapers, wipes, formula, clothes, disposable pants for the mother...I even got a breast pump.
In that case, the only thing you need is going home clothes for the baby and comfy clothes for the mother, car seat...pretty much..and anything she'd need to make her stay more comfortable. An extra blanket for you to sleep with, snacks for you, phone chargers etc

For pead visit, you can ask the doctor when you can visit for checks...if circumcision is done at the hospital before discharge you wouldn't need a visit for about 1 week (I think)
A bit of info on subsequent visits to the hospital and appointments are fixed for you and you are given a call before hand so you know. Even nurses are sent to your resident for check ups up until 6 weeks post partum. So all info are basically passed to you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MummyD2020(f): 9:29am On Sep 27, 2020
oke22:
So sorry

I think you should race to the hospital rather than waste precious time here.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 9:50am On Sep 27, 2020
thejourney200:

Thanks for your help. We are not in Nigeria and Sugah just assured us we do not need be bothered about most of the stuff. We intend going with Lavenda Oil though because it was mentioned in our birthing class that its aroma helps ease the environment and makes the pain bearable kind of.
Okay, you are welcome
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Modupetemmy1(f): 9:50am On Sep 27, 2020
Congrat to the September mamas dropping it hot hot , and to my October teamie porting; a very big congrat to una as well, as i dey see am sef i don dey eye this September, the way my butt has been aching ehnn; my tiredness is already tired.
I pray it end in praise for every one of us IJN

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 10:18am On Sep 27, 2020
dunpredictable:

My dear, you should already be registered for antenatal incase you need progesterone support considering your previous miscarriage. Buy folic acid today and go see your doctor tomorrow morning.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 10:20am On Sep 27, 2020
MummyD2020:

A bit of info on subsequent visits to the hospital and appointments are fixed for you and you are given a call before hand so you know. Even nurses are sent to your resident for check ups up until 6 weeks post partum. So all info are basically passed to you.
@thejourney200
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 19CannyMum: 10:55am On Sep 27, 2020
thejourney200:
In a situation where the hospital doesn't give a list, what should one do? Our OBGYN said they don't have anything of such and we were told whenever my wife gets into the active stage of labor (5:1:1 i.e. one contraction that last for a minute every five minutes), we should go to the city's main hospital and once we register, the hospital will call one of their doctors on call to join us. In essence, they do not have a birthing center.

Also, we were told to shop for a pediatrician clinic which we have. Is there anything we need to go with for the pediatrician? Also, after certified okay, when is the first pediatrician visit as we need to get an insurance plan for the baby but it might take up to 3 days before it is activated?

We are trying to get the bag set and not sure what exactly we need to. So far, we have:
3 pieces of clothes for the newborn,
1 pack newborn diapers,
1 pack wipes,
4 maternity bras,
Clothes for the mother.

That 'main hospital' where you'll give birth should have a list. Visit the relevant website. Because even if they're giving you everything, there will be other information such as where to park when you come, what floor to go to, covid regulations etc. Some hospitals have a virtual tour. Exercise some Google fu or call the hospital.

For example, this is the official list for Alberta (Canada sha, I know US systems are different) https://www.birthandbabies.com/category/103-labour-and-birth/page/2/

I packed with this list for my last baby, took big bag to hospital and ended up not needing most things because they gave us. I will still pack with it again this time grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 19CannyMum: 11:02am On Sep 27, 2020
oke22:
Seems I’m the only one experiencing heavy breathing and breathlessness I’m always out of breath. Even when talking �I’m just 16 weeks any suggestions should I try excercising maybe I can shed some weight

I experience breathlessness but not to the extreme of while talking sha. Mostly while walking.

As for shedding weight, how many kg have you gained so far? There's usually a recommendation based on pre-pregnancy weight. Me I've gained like 11 so far and I'm not yet in 3rd trimester. I've started trying to walk 20 minutes daily.

Pleaser don't do strenuous exercise o. Also discuss the matter with your doctor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5857) (5858) (5859) (5860) (5861) (5862) (5863) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.