Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,850 members, 7,798,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8106795 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5902) (5903) (5904) (5905) (5906) (5907) (5908) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krak(m): 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
My wife finally delivered through CS. I am very thankful that mother and child are both doing fine.

Its been a very traumatic and stressful month, we nearly lost the battle but we won and we are victorious. There was a period during which I could not sleep for up to 72 hours.

Despite the fact that the financial demands were unrelenting and very overwhelming, and there was nothing (I am a private school teacher without pay through the lock down), somehow I was able to borrow from friends, family and even strangers.

And very importantly, we are filled with satisfaction that all our efforts were not in vain.

I have now learned that high BP and edema during pregnancy should be taken very seriously.

I happily announce to the house the birth of my son.

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chylove9000: 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ba

Double blessing .
My two bouncing baby boys landed on 29th Oct via Ecs.

Mother and children doing great .
Safe delivery to other Mama's

It shall end in praise.

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
Chylove9000:
Ba

Double blessing .

It shall end in praise.
Wow! Congratulations dear. Wish you speedy recovery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
@krak

A big congrats to you and wifey. Such a cute baby boy.

Safe delivery to us all

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ovalrose(f): 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2020
Krak:
My wife finally delivered through CS. I am very thankful that mother and child are both doing fine.

Its been a very traumatic and stressful month, we nearly lost the battle but we won and we are victorious. There was a period during which I could not sleep for up to 72 hours.

Despite the fact that the financial demands were unrelenting and very overwhelming, and there was nothing (I am a private school teacher without pay through the lock down), somehow I was able to borrow from friends, family and even strangers.

And very importantly, we are filled with satisfaction that all our efforts were not in vain.

I have now learned that high BP and edema during pregnancy should be taken very seriously.

Congratulations!! May he be a great blessing to your household
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ovalrose(f): 6:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
Chylove9000:
Ba

Double blessing .

It shall end in praise.

Amen! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. I haven't gone for scan yet,( still dey find money for pregnatone, heh heh) but I pray it isn't twins o. Ah kint tek it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ovalrose(f): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
threegees:
VERY LONG POST ALERT

Ngwanu, grab ya popcorn and juice, and enjoy the jolly ride. I will try to summarize cos story plenty. I hope it will be a worthy read.

PRE-PREGNANCY
My marriage was at the verge of being over because I had had enough of its wahala, coupled with a man who things were not going well with, and then, who was steady pouring his frustrations on me. Hubby and I didn't use to talk to each other sef, let alone play mommy and daddy. I had secretly planned my relocation to Abuja to get my sanity and move on. Before then, I was on contraceptive pills since August 2013 after I had my daughter, and it worked perfectly well for me, until October last year. Things were so bad financially for us and for me that I could not afford to buy my pills. How much? #150! shocked
Yes! It was that bad. I got tired of begging people for money to get by so I locked up, afterall, I wasn't having sex with anyone.
Fast forward to early January this year, a friend who had been talking to me asked me to approach hubby and give him sex, and that from there, we could talk things out. He never supported me leaving my marriage. I had just finished my period and felt I wasn't fertile so I have nothing to lose. I approached hubby at night where he usually slept cos we weren't sleeping in the same room anymore. I seduced him and voila! it happened. Guy didn't even withdraw. I wasn't perturbed too since I had been on pills for almost 7 years. I thought belle no fit enter just like that na.

DISCOVERING PREGNANCY
So, I wondered why my period was unusually scanty in January. Imagine, I had forgotten about the sex. I was preparing for my relocation to Abuja, buying a few things and all when it dawned on me that my last period only came for one day. I explained to a pharmacist where I was buying deworming drug for my kids and she asked me to get a test strip and test for pregnancy. I laughed and declined. After buying the drug, she didn't have #50 change, so I asked for the test strip na.
Saturday 1st February, 2020, I wanted to pee and remembered the strip. I did the test with confidence that the pharmacist didn't know what she was saying. Lo and behold, two bold lines were looking at me. I was confused. I went to buy another strip o. Did the test again, and the two bold lines showed up again.
A mixture of emotions went all through my body. I walked up to hubby who was sleeping on the couch (Someone I hadn't talked to in months). I showed him the strip, he too was confused. He didn't say a word. That night, he moved back into our bedroom. I cried cos I felt this pregnancy is going to destroy my secret plans and preparations, and I couldn't bring myself to abort it. I kept doubting until I went for a scan and they told me that I was pregnant cos they could see a fetal pole.

EARLY PREGNANCY
Hubby mysteriously and miraculously accepted the pregnancy. He pampered me like no tomorrow. I had terrible morning sickness. He would make tea and bring to my bed. He'll boil water and keep in the bath tub for me to bath, make ice cubes for me to chew on while at work. Oh, my husbandman did everything. I was just a vegetable. This was same person who had been my live-in enemy for months. That was how I was able to manage the first few weeks until covid19 wahala and we were all at home. I wasn't working, hubby hadn't been working since 2018. No way to feed or buy baby things. Pregnancy after 7 years. I had nothing. We had nothing. Then hubby started drama.

He who had told his mom of my pregnancy out of excitement at the early stage when she came visiting started telling his family members that he is not sure he is responsible for the pregnancy. It was his brothers' wives who started calling me to ask what happened. He refused to give me a dime to get the hospital requirements and baby things. I had to beg my mom to feed. After sometime when people were allowed to move, I'd pack a few clothes and my kids and go to my mom's place to stay so we could eat. It was that bad. In June/July, same DH told his family and mine that he wanted a divorce. They called for a family meeting. No one supported him, not even his family. Everyone of them was trying to do whatever they could to make me happy. One would send me money, the photographer did me a free photoshoot, everyone would frequently call just to make me happy. After everything was resolved, he admitted that it was frustrations that got the better part of him. Amazingly, in all these, I was not perturbed one bit. Till things got back right again and I decided to enjoy my pregnancy.

LATE PREGNANCY
So schools were asked to resume but because of how advanced my pregnancy was, coupled with the bad roads and outstanding debt of school fees for my kids, I couldn't resume. My kids couldn't go to school too. We just stayed at home waiting for this baby to come and let me have my life back. It seemed like forever. No sign of labour or approaching labour. All along, it had been a perfect pregnancy, but by week 38 or thereabout, my BP started rising like dough with yeast. At every antenatal check up, I was given nifedipine under my tongue and I was told it can be managed and not too serious. My feet was swollen and heavy at week 40. I was given an injection and told I would drain the fluid through urine. It happened like that, but a week after, the swollen feet returned much more than what it was before sef, and very painful. I just felt it was the end of pregnancy so I wasn't bothered. I never knew I had eclampsia. Never experienced it in previous pregnancies, never knew anyone who had it too. I just wanted labour to come.

LABOUR/DELIVERY
My EDDs had passed, no sign. If I hear that someone had put to bed, I'll feel bad that mine hadn't come. Until I begged hubby for sex. After he managed to do, the next morning, I saw my show. I was excited. By Sunday 18th, I started having contractions. I went to the clinic and after vaginal examination, I was just 4cm and asked to go back home till contractions were stronger. All through that night, the contractions were hellish. I was using a contractions timer app until it got to an average of 15 minutes by Monday morning. I had my bath and left for the clinic. Though I can't remember how I got to the hospital that Monday morning, I only remember I was checked by the matron and told I was 6cm. That's all I remember.
My mom and husband told me they came to meet me on my bed in the ward, and I told my mom I couldn't see anything again.
Before she could say sorry, I started convulsing.
She said I started foaming in the mouth and stretching. She screamed and called the matron. The matron put spoon in my mouth, beat me and all, just to stabilize me. They managed to stabilize me a bit and put me in the matron's car to take me to another hospital where they can handle my case. On the way, while in the car, my water broke and the head of the baby was showing. I started convulsing again. They beat nonsense out of me to stabilize me, yet no way. I was still stretching. My husband's hands were in my mouth, I was bleeding from the mouth, he was bleeding from his hands because I had clenched them with my teeth and stretching. On getting to the hospital they were taking me to, over 10 people rushed to hold me as they said they screamed Emergency o.
I was rushed to the delivery room. They tried to stabilize me as the convulsion started again. They finally did and when they checked, my BP had shot up to 202/100. They said the baby is not big but because of the high BP, if I push the baby, it will be 50/50 or I run mad or maybe paralysed.
They fixed oxygen. The first tank finished. They fixed the second one, then brought the BP down a bit. Then, the doctor told my husband it is a 50/50 chance, he should sign the consent form and choose who they should save. He said he shouted and said God forbid. He wants both his wife and his baby. He said he kept telling me in my ears to remember my other two children, my mother and him. He was speaking in tongues like no tomorrow. He called his mom, my pastor, everyone.
When the doctor to perform the surgery came, he asked both my mom and hubby out of the delivery room. They couldn't even take me to the theatre. The doctor faced the wall, knelt down, prayed, sent them out and did the caesarean. When he brought out the baby, she cried a bit, stopped and turned green. They abandoned me and fixed oxygen on the baby. They stabilized her, then faced me. The operation was done around past 9am, I regained a little consciousness and opened my eyes by 9.35pm. I didn't know where I was. I woke up and was telling my husband that the baby in my womb is not allowing me to be comfortable and that I want to turn to my side because I was sleeping on my back, he was laughing at me.
With the way he was looking at me, I then asked him if I have given birth, he said yes. I didn't believe. I said it was a lie. He bought the baby to me, I still didn't know where I was. I regained full consciousness on Thursday morning. Me that gave birth since Monday morning.
My recovery was fast and still in progress, and we were discharged on the following Friday.
God did a great thing and indeed we are glad. I am happy to have my baby in my hands. Daddy is glad. Big brother and sister are elated, and my mom can't stop singing and dancing for joy.

BS Submitted as I sign out of the month of October, extremely grateful to God for how far He has brought us. Indeed, it was a journey! Boots officially thrown into the lagoon
Your story brought tears to my eyes. And has encouraged me as well. I'm not working, either, infact we barely get by, but I believe that one day very very soon the sun will shine again and it will be okay. Congratulations and God bless you and yours

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunpredictable: 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2020
Krak:

Congratulations sir. God bless mum and baby richly and provide for your family.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
Krak:

Congratulations, God is indeed 2 faithful 2 fail.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by serendipityF: 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
Hi mommas, who has dealt with high BP after giving birth? I suddenly found out that my BP was high this afternoon after I started feeling a resounding headache, still went to the hospital yesterday and my BP was normal. I called a doctor friend and he prescribed amlodipine and paracetamol but I m kinda worried because my BP has never been high b4
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Asey(f): 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
May the birth of your son bring you more riches than you have ever imagined.

Krak:

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krak(m): 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
Asey:
May the birth of your son bring you more riches than you have ever imagined.

Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krak(m): 9:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
faithlucky:

Congratulations, God is indeed 2 faithful 2 fail.

Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krak(m): 9:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
dunpredictable:

Congratulations sir. God bless mum and baby richly and provide for your family.

Thanks and Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krak(m): 9:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
ovalrose:

Congratulations!! May he be a great blessing to your household

Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krak(m): 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
FlowerGirl040:
@krak

A big congrats to you and wifey. Such a cute baby boy.

Safe delivery to us all

Thanks, I pray safe delivery for every expectant mothers.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pateffy: 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2020
Please what are the routine drugs to take during second trimester
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by africaflozy(f): 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2020
Krak:

Welcome cutie.
Congratulations sir

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by africaflozy(f): 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
Chylove9000:
Ba

Double blessing .

It shall end in praise.

Congratulations ma, and quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lawvlypearl(f): 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krak(m): 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
africaflozy:

My birthday mate. Welcome cutie.
Congratulations sir

Baby was not born today. Baby was born on 23rd of October but baby and mother came home just yesterday.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by abawoman: 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
princessKF:
Congratulations to new mothers.... today is bumpy tuesday.
With me are my two soldiers, I conceived the first when I joined this thread after recurrent miscarriage and then found out it was the work of hormonal imbalance. I followed some things I read here, prayed every prayer that was dropped and God said amen to it. I miraculously joined team November 2016 but had him in October.

The other was other conceived 8months after his brother and to God be the glory he landed in April 2018.

I am 32weeks and they can't wait to meet their brother.

Mama Zaynie your bobos are now big boys�

please PrinessKF what did you do to stop the recurrent miscarriage..pls help
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Babygal2020(f): 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
Krak:

This brought tears to my eyes. May God cause things to turn around for your good.
Congrats papa!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by africaflozy(f): 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2020
Krak:

Baby was not born today. Baby was born on 23rd of October but baby and mother came home just yesterday.

Oh! Glory to God for perfecting what he started.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flourishing19(f): 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2020
FlowerGirl040:
No you did not chip in uncalled mama. The thing there is,my son was 6 months old when my first period came as expected. And that was last till date. Was so confused initially, because PT and blood test was negative yet I had some symptoms like bloating and this kind feeling. I only got positive result early April or so. I wasn't surprised though because it happens with my son,went to hospital for blood & urine test showed negative not knowing I was already pregnant and I gave birth to him according to my LMP (in fact I gave birth at 35 weeks). So I concluded they used expired instrument for the test grin
It is well you. The most important thing is you will have a safe delivery and a very healthy baby.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by WandaMaximoff: 11:23pm On Nov 01, 2020
Hi fam, I am in my 8th week with no symptoms but this morning, I woke up with a headache on my right side that refused to go away. I couldn't even go to church, it's worse when I try to stand up or turn abruptly.

I tried taking paracetamol around 6, the headache has still not gone o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mayornmn(f): 1:25am On Nov 02, 2020
Alright ma.Thanks mama.
SHIMOK101:

In IKOYI registry, I paid 33k and 4k for Affidavit that we have never been married. All you need is two passport each and birth certificate. Then affidavit that both of you have never been in any kind of marriage.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mayornmn(f): 1:26am On Nov 02, 2020
Oh wow!
Thank you muchus kiss
shadow88:
yes ma
I work in a marriage registry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mayornmn(f): 1:28am On Nov 02, 2020
God is good.Congrats!
Krak:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 19CannyMum: 3:01am On Nov 02, 2020
threegees:
Thanks for all the prayers. I was steady here cos I wanted to enjoy the pregnancy. And I did.
The devil lost big time. Shame to him. God bless you all

I comot cap for you and I throway big salute to God on your behalf. Your BS gave me goosebumps. I pray this baby brings endless blessings to you and your family.

So you were going through all this and you were busy uplifting and gingering the rest of us on the thread.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 19CannyMum: 3:14am On Nov 02, 2020
mayornmn:
Mamas is it possible to hear baby movements??Cos sometimes when my baby is moving I hear a sound like someone is cracking knuckles inside water and the sound is different from bowel sounds oo shocked

Maybe baby hiccuping
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 19CannyMum: 3:17am On Nov 02, 2020
Cissebae:
Hello mommies, please who else is experiencing frequent baby hiccups. I was unable to go for my hospital appointment yesterday because of public holiday. Am so worried �
#TeamDecember

In my experience frequent hiccuping is normal. According to my MIL, the baby's chest/stomach is expanding.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5902) (5903) (5904) (5905) (5906) (5907) (5908) ... (6954) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.