Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8121921 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5947) (5948) (5949) (5950) (5951) (5952) (5953) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldenheart002(f): 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2020
Good evening belleful mamas, any pregnant mothers who need baby things but can't afford them should kindly PM me.......pls dis is strictly for LAGOS MUMS ONLY but living in or around Gbagada is an added advantage

25 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by africaflozy(f): 7:00am On Dec 05, 2020
Bimbz123:

Pls add me

What's your EDD? If you are team April let me register you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarcoatted(f): 7:45am On Dec 05, 2020
BS

In all, it ended in praise....

My pregnancy journey was a very smooth one. Just vomiting in first trimester at evenings, thats all. No sickness at all, all tests were on point.

Second trimester, attimes i forget I'm even pregnant apart from the bump. My tummy wasn't obvious till like 6months.

I tried as much as i could to be very active, tried not to skip my routine drugs. It wasn't easy but i kept trying. I never fell sick all through.

As a FTM, i was always scared of the whole labour process. This was particularly made me decide to do whatever it takes to make the process less complicated.

Fast forward to 36weeks, i went for antenatal. Doctor said from 37weeks baby is no longer considered preterm and i can fall into labour any moment from then. I got home o, told hubby and out of excitement he called all his people to tell them to expect baby from the next week. I just looked at him and laughed cause i know the drama waiting ahead. Me that was not even close to edd, what if baby decides to come at 42weeks.... Anyway, as expected when no sign of labour or anything, his people started their drama. MIL called him one early morning and was asking if we were sure baby was still ok and when last i did scan. That the baby har overstayed. Hubby got upset, i told him its his cross to bear. I hadn't even gotten to my edd sef.

At 38weeks 6days, i went for antenatal. The doctor said if no labour by the next visit, he ld do a membrane sweep. The following antenatal, 1st of December, 39weeks 6 days. I went to the hospital with hubby. The gynae decided to do a scan first. That was were the story changed. Baby was weighing 4.19kg. I was not happy, because i had put in a lot of extra work, i took long walks, climbed stairs like it was punishment, i ate dates daily, ate pineapples too and did everything i could just so labour would come, see where it landed me. The doctor said we had 2 options. To opt for CS or try induction which was not advisable since it was my first child. Whichever i chose, it had to be done the next day. It was good hubby was there, cause the decision had to be made instantly. We decided CS was a better option. That night i cried my eyes out. Because i never wanted CS. I was wondering what i ate that made baby big because i tried to control what i ate all through. Though the gynae said its not always food and that i was a big lady, so i shouldn't expect a small baby.

2nd December, i carried myself to the hospital. Cs was booked for 3rd. Still scared cause i hadn't had a surgery befor. I hardly go to hospitals, never been admitted. Never taken even drip my entire life, except maybe as a baby. So the whole process was scary.. The surgery went well, i was singing victory songs all through. Baby came out very weak, water was draining and i didnt notice. She had pooped in the belly and ingested a part of it. I was scared. The gynae was like, the cs was the best option as the baby wouldn't have made it if i tried vagina delivery.
I told him God made the decision not me.
She was weighing 3.9kg at birth.

In all, i thank God for being there all through. To other pregnant women in this forum, we ld definitely hear your testimony soon.

Cc Sunbestie

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunpredictable: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2020
sugarcoatted:
BS

My pregnancy journey was a very smooth one. Just vomiting in first trimester at evenings, thats all. No sickness at all, all tests were on point.

Second trimester, attimes i forget I'm even pregnant apart from the bump. My tummy wasn't obvious till like 6months.

I tried as much as i could to be very active, tried not to skip my routine drugs. It wasn't easy but i kept trying. I never fell sick all through.

As a FTM, i was always scared of the whole labour process. This was particularly made me decide to do whatever it takes to make the process less complicated.

Fast forward to 36weeks, i went for antenatal. Doctor said from 37weeks baby is no longer considered preterm and i can fall into labour any moment from then. I got home o, told hubby and out of excitement he called all his people to tell them to expect baby from the next week. I just looked at him and laughed cause i know the drama waiting ahead. Me that was not even close to edd, what if baby decides to come at 42weeks.... Anyway, as expected when no sign of labour or anything, his people started their drama. MIL called him one early morning and was asking if we were sure baby was still ok and when last i did scan. That the baby har overstayed. Hubby got upset, i told him its his cross to bear. I hadn't even gotten to my edd sef.

At 38weeks 6days, i went for antenatal. The doctor said if no labour by the next visit, he ld do a membrane sweep. The following antenatal, 1st of December, 39weeks 6 days. I went to the hospital with hubby. The gynae decided to do a scan first. That was were the story changed. Baby was weighing 4.19kg. I was not happy, because i had put in a lot of extra work, i took long walks, climbed stairs like it was punishment, i ate dates daily, ate pineapples too and did everything i could just so labour would come, see where it landed me. The doctor said we had 2 options. To opt for CS or try induction which was not advisable since it was my first child. Whichever i chose, it had to be done the next day. It was good hubby was there, cause the decision had to be made instantly. We decided CS was a better option. That night i cried my eyes out. Because i never wanted CS. I was wondering what i ate that made baby big because i tried to control what i ate all through. Though the gynae said its not always food and that i was a big lady, so i shouldn't expect a small baby.

2nd December, i carried myself to the hospital. Cs was booked for 3rd. Still scared cause i hadn't had a surgery befor. I hardly go to hospitals, never been admitted. Never taken even drip my entire life, except maybe as a baby. So the whole process was scary.. The surgery went well, i was singing victory songs all through. Baby came out very weak, water was draining and i didnt notice. She had pooped in the belly and ingested a part of it. I was scared. The gynae was like, the cs was the best option as the baby wouldn't have made it if i tried vagina delivery.

In all, i thank God for being there all through. To other pregnant women in this forum, we ld definitely hear your testimony soon.

Cc Sunbestie

Congratulations mama. Thanks be to God for you and lo. Swift recovery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Briells: 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2020
sugarcoatted:
BS

Cc Sunbestie

Congratulations dear, we thank God it ended in praise
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JOANDIVA(f): 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2020
mamas please I need help, what can I do to open up things blocking my breast milk from flowing well. the breast is heavy, swollen and painful which means there is so much milk there but it's not flowing well. my baby is just crying cos he is not getting enough. please help a FTM

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
JOANDIVA:
mamas please I need help, what can I do to open up things blocking my breast milk from flowing well. the breast is heavy, swollen and painful which means there is so much milk there but it's not flowing well. my baby is just crying cos he is not getting enough. please help a FTM
He's probably not latching well, watch the video about proper latching on YouTube.. A breast pump will help also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjt-Ashodw8

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JOANDIVA(f): 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2020
sugah:

He's probably not latching well, watch the video about proper latching on YouTube.. A breast pump will help also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjt-Ashodw8
thanks for the video. I bought a breast pump but if am trying to use it no milk will come out. am just tired. sometimes I will just be crying
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
sugarcoatted:
BS

Cc Sunbestie
Congrats once more.. I thank God for giving u and dh d wisdom to make d best decision.
God is always faithful. Kisses to our princess.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2020
JOANDIVA:

thanks for the video. I bought a breast pump but if am trying to use it no milk will come out. am just tired. sometimes I will just be crying
I understand how frustrating it could be, but stress affects milk production....try not to stress and stay hydrated. They say doing skin to skin with your baby helps the trick the brain to produce milk too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IamGreen1(f): 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
sugah:

I understand how frustrating it could be, but stress affects milk production....try not to stress and stay hydrated. They say doing skin to skin with your baby helps the trick the brain to produce milk too.

The breast is producing enough milk just that the baby is not sucking very well I think hence the reason the breast is paining her.

@JOANDIVA I was in your shoes last two weeks what I did was that I put the baby to suck as often as I can after softening the breast by pressing out some milk with my hands and messaging it with ice blocks. Also tryo avoid taking anything hot for now even bathing with hot water pending the time your baby will start latching properly. Sorry ma'am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JOANDIVA(f): 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
sugah:

thanks dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JOANDIVA(f): 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2020
IamGreen1:

The breast is producing enough milk just that the baby is not sucking very well I think hence the reason the breast is paining her.

@JOANDIVA I was in your shoes last two weeks what I did was that I put the baby to suck as often as I can after softening the breast by pressing out some milk with my hands and messaging it with ice blocks. Also tryo avoid taking anything hot for now even bathing with hot water pending the time your baby will start latching properly. Sorry ma'am

thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IamGreen1(f): 8:46pm On Dec 05, 2020
JOANDIVA:

thanks ma'am

You're welcome, it's going to hurt but just try please for the sake of your baby and it's high time you move to new born baby thread in case you've more question to ask.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Temitope009(f): 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2020
MummyHalo:
February cappo Temitope009 I greet you o.
I trust you and baby are doing well. My other February teamies, hope the ministry is moving to the permanent site? May God make the journey smooth and easy for us all.
Congratulations to November mamas giving us BAs hot hot and safe delivery to all preggy mamas.

Good day mama
It's December and we're also moving the ministry to the perm site gradually. Can't keep calm

How are you too and the baby? Good to hear from you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Temitope009(f): 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2020
FEBRUARY MOMAS

MONIKER. EDD

1. MummyHalo. _____ Feb 26
2. xeexee1. _____ Feb 13
3. Rekhi Feb _____14
4. temitope009. _____ Feb 28
5. MeynaTK _____ Feb 08
6. olufummy02 ______ Feb 09
7. asagal. _____ Feb 15
8. Adezeal1. _____ Feb 07
9. Brownishshuga. _____ Feb 08
10. Phunmilola _____ Feb 01
11. Mumjb. _____ Feb 20
12. Glowing1 _____ Feb 8

December 5th, 2020.

Some of us are in weeks 33,32,31,30 and 29 respectively.

How's the pushing ministry going?

Are we done with our shopping yet?

What's new on your side?

Come out and shake body.

Good to be around here again. Team Feb, how market?

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by theworldbest(f): 11:50pm On Dec 05, 2020
Goldenheart002:
Good evening belleful mamas, any pregnant mothers who need baby things but can't afford them should kindly PM me.......pls dis is strictly for LAGOS MUMS ONLY but living in or around Gbagada is an added advantage

Please I hope I am not late Mama can I still contact you??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 9:30am On Dec 06, 2020
Good morning all.
Please anyone with reviews about St Ives hospital (Ikeja) or Lagoon hospital (Ikeja) for CSection delivery?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by xeexee1: 10:08am On Dec 06, 2020
[/quote][quote author=Temitope009 post=96771744]FEBRUARY MOMAS

MONIKER. EDD

2. xeexee1. _____ Feb 13
3. Rekhi Feb _____14
5. MeynaTK _____ Feb 08
7. asagal. _____ Feb 15
11. Mumjb. _____ Feb 20
12. Glowing1 _____ Feb 8

December 5th, 2020.

What's new on your side?

Come out and shake body.

Good mrnng teamie. We are doing great oo! Am stil lazyn around to check baby sex and yet to start baby shoppn! I needd someone to motivate me oo

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownishshuga: 11:51am On Dec 06, 2020
Temitope009:
FEBRUARY MOMAS

MONIKER. EDD

2. xeexee1. _____ Feb 13
3. Rekhi Feb _____14
5. MeynaTK _____ Feb 08
7. asagal. _____ Feb 15
11. Mumjb. _____ Feb 20
12. Glowing1 _____ Feb 8

December 5th, 2020.

What's new on your side?

Come out and shake body.

tiredness low pcv and pelvic pains apart from that we’re good. Hope you’re good too

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olufummy02(f): 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2020
Temitope009:
FEBRUARY MOMAS

MONIKER. EDD

2. xeexee1. _____ Feb 13
3. Rekhi Feb _____14
5. MeynaTK _____ Feb 08
7. asagal. _____ Feb 15
11. Mumjb. _____ Feb 20
12. Glowing1 _____ Feb 8

December 5th, 2020.

What's new on your side?

Come out and shake body.

We still dey here oooo cappo. Carrying our Tommy up and down. Shopping ke, I've not even bought anything, planned on doing that by January. (God's willing). Just can't wait for January/February to come, porting is allowed after all, it will end in praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by suzy(f): 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
Temitope009:
FEBRUARY MOMAS

MONIKER. EDD

2. xeexee1. _____ Feb 13
3. Rekhi Feb _____14
5. MeynaTK _____ Feb 08
7. asagal. _____ Feb 15
11. Mumjb. _____ Feb 20
12. Glowing1 _____ Feb 8

December 5th, 2020.

What's new on your side?

Come out and shake body.

Am team February too
Edd 4th feb

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thowobee: 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2020
B.S B.S B.S

pardon my long story and any typographical error.

2020 has been an amazing year for me as i started the year rough with a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks but I am ending it amazingly with another baby.

second week in January I was about 11 weeks pregnant and bleeding started, was placed on some tablets and bleeding didn't stop went for a scan and the scan said missed miscarriage, went for a repeat scan two days later and it was same eventually had to be evacuated. I eventually missed my period in March and I continually did home test for one week until the faint line became thick. I started folicacid as this was March ending during the lockdown. at the 8th week bleeding wanted to start and I returned to the hospital in the heat of coronavirus and was given tablets to use to strengthen the progesterone. bleeding stopped afterwards. all trimesters went smooth no admission in hospital, no morning sickness , no vommitting or spitting. on Wednesday evening at around midnight and saw water on my body I thought I wewed on myself for a second and got up and went to the bathroom, I realized the water didn't stop but it was coming very little like urine. I dropped my daughter at the school and headed to the hospital since it was my antenatal day. immediately I got there told them I was draining water and immediately they took me to the doctor to check me , she examined me and said she didn't see the opening of the cervix but sent me to the scan room, the scan showed that the water was adequate and not draining. the doctor however said since the water was still draining they would have to admit me for 24 hours . I was admitted in the afternoon at 12 midnight the doctor came to check the water and realised the pad was still soaked and immediately they said it is time for the baby to come out as the water has been draining for over 24 hours and I was already 38 weeks and term. misoprostol was administered at 12 and contractions started I was at 4cm at 4am and another dose was administered . the drama started around 6.30am when they checked and they were like they were not sure of the baby position. she was facing headdowns in the scan but during labour she faced upwards. around 4am another misoprostol was administered and the contraction became intense from around 5am. around 6am was moved to delivery ward to be checked, I was already 6cm so they plugged all the ctg machines on me to monitor heartbeat and baby's movement at a point the doctor was saying looks like the baby has presented breech when she did her vaginal examination. later the consultant was called in to check around 7am and they realised her hands was on her face. OMG they shook hands inside my VJAY and was pushing her hands away from her face OMG Jesus another pain. I was connected to oxygen I wanted to urinate when the contraction intensifies they would beg me to hold it so I don't damage my urinary system , after they pushed her hands they allowed me urinate and they checked I was 9cm around 8.30. the consultant now said they should deliver the baby within the hour, they disconnected the oxygen and rushed me with IV energy glucose because I had not eaten. oxytocin and buscopan IV was also given as the doctor said she wants the contractions to become stronger.

the pains ehn but I held on and just kept hitting my back and rubbing the nurses hand and they just kept checking the heart beat of the baby. at 9.15am I was fully dilated and they told. me they would be calling in the paediatrician to attend to the baby after delivery because of the position she was in and the duration of water leakage.

time to push they said when I had the contraction and felt like I wanted to poo I should go ahead, first second , third and immediately during the third push they saw the head and said I should sustain the push as they cannot do much because her face is up wards so they don't injure her. oh God I sustained the push but ehn that was my first shout and immediately they just had to tear me for her head to come out and she slid out immediately , they administered another oxytocin injection again to contract the uterus and handed the baby immediately to the paediatrician to check her. I delivered around 9.25am weighing 2.5kg and the placenta was also delivered some minutes later.

they administered two more injections afterwards one around my VJay to stich me another was administered and I told them I felt dizzy immediately and they said is the injection, I remembered them stitching me and I was looking but afterwards I blanked out cannot remember anything else other than I woke up around 1.30pm . I remained on the delivery bed and when I woke up they came to wheel me to the bed to rest. we were discharged on the third day. they kept us because baby was on IV antibiotics infection was found after they did whole body count cells and they also wanted to reverify that there was no jaundice.

signing out see you in 2022 twins boys hopefully because I am mama girls now.

please pardon any grammatical and spelling errors

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thowobee: 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2020
the estimate weight is okay it usually always higher or lower after delivery. a day to delivery scan gave 3.5kg I delivered baby with 2.5kg weight

Iqmotb:
Happy new month to us. Thank God December is here. I'm more than happy, may God make it easy for us all. Scan done yesterday @37weeks 1day says baby's weight is 3.3kg. Already pitying myself as a FTM. It will end in praise for all pregnant women.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MeynaTK: 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2020
Temitope009:
FEBRUARY MOMAS

MONIKER. EDD

2. xeexee1. _____ Feb 13
3. Rekhi Feb _____14
5. MeynaTK _____ Feb 08
7. asagal. _____ Feb 15
11. Mumjb. _____ Feb 20
12. Glowing1 _____ Feb 8

December 5th, 2020.

What's new on your side?

Come out and shake body.

We are doing well cappo
I haven’t done any shopping ooo it will have to be January by God grace
Am praying to port to January as I will be starting my exams February 1st
It will surely end in praise
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 7:58pm On Dec 06, 2020
sugah:
Good morning all.
Please anyone with reviews about St Ives hospital (Ikeja) or Lagoon hospital (Ikeja) for CSection delivery?
A friend had her daughters via CS at Lagoon Ikoyi in 2018 and this year. So far, their service is great.
Can't say about Lagoon Ikeja, but it should be just as good.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by xeexee1: 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
MeynaTK:

We are doing well cappo
. All d best dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MeynaTK: 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2020
xeexee1:
. All d best dear

Thanks Sister
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2020
threegees:

A friend had her daughters via CS at Lagoon Ikoyi in 2018 and this year. So far, their service is great.
Can't say about Lagoon Ikeja, but it should be just as good.
Thanks dear.
Although, there seems to be some difference with both locations even though they're same hospital.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MummyHalo(f): 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2020
Temitope009:
FEBRUARY MOMAS

MONIKER. EDD

2. xeexee1. _____ Feb 13
3. Rekhi Feb _____14
5. MeynaTK _____ Feb 08
7. asagal. _____ Feb 15
11. Mumjb. _____ Feb 20
12. Glowing1 _____ Feb 8

December 5th, 2020.

What's new on your side?

Come out and shake body.

We are fine cappo, gradually getting to the finish line even though it still seems far. Planning to start shopping in January.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Temitope009(f): 6:47am On Dec 07, 2020
MummyHalo:

We are fine cappo, gradually getting to the finish line even though it still seems far. Planning to start shopping in January.

Sincerely, it seems far (smiles)
Pregnancy ehn
There's God, we'll get there.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Temitope009(f): 6:49am On Dec 07, 2020
MeynaTK:

We are doing well cappo

Wow. God's divine mercy will see you through. That your exam date and edd are scarily close but.. God is merciful.
We ask for his grace

(1) (2) (3) ... (5947) (5948) (5949) (5950) (5951) (5952) (5953) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.