Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5987) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8106437 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5984) (5985) (5986) (5987) (5988) (5989) (5990) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LeProfessor: 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
For people like me that didn't understand the lingo at first, I put together a list (your welcome) to assist you.

ANC- Antenatal care
EDD- expected date of delivery
DOB- Date of birth
BS- Birth story
BA- Birth announcement
DH- dear husband
Team blue- Boy
Team pink- girl
Team green- No gender reveal until birth
Team capo- Curator and motivator of mums expecting to deliver in that particular month
LMP- last menstrual period
TTC- Trying to conceive
BFP- Big fat positive (refers to a positive home pregnancy test)
GYNE- Gynecologist
GP- General Practitioner
TVS- trans vaginal Scan
FP- Fetal pole
MC- Miscarriage
HMO- Health maintenance organization
PCV- packed cell volume
EFW- Estimated Fetal Weight
TWW- Two-week wait (the time bw ovulation and your next period before you do your pregnancy test)

Note: in case anyone is wrong please correct it, I partly did this for me as well, and also add whatever I missed

29 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tikkykay: 11:54pm On Jan 18, 2021
futuremoma34:
Adorable moms...please wch one is more accurate in terms of giving birth??scan date or LMP date
My doctor said LMP

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tikkykay: 11:57pm On Jan 18, 2021
rhosmherhy:
BA BA..

To the glory of the most high God, my blue jet has landed.

Edd.. 19th jan according to lmp
Dob... 17th jan
Through Vagina birth Weighing 3.4kg with tears.

@sugah Jan cappo
Welcome baby. Congrats Ma.. God bless your little one

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 12:26am On Jan 19, 2021
rhosmherhy:
BA BA..

Dob... 17th jan

@sugah Jan cappo
Congratulations mama. Welcome our prince charming

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 12:36am On Jan 19, 2021
Haleematm:
Hello mamas how are we doing. Please I have a question. I have gone through 2CS already even though they were both emergency CS. But this time around I want to opt for the elective CS. Please I want to know how it feels being wheeled into the theater. I don't know why I am scared d two times I entered I was really in pains but this time around it's going to be a voluntary something. Another thing that's making me scared is dt some ppl say d anaesthesia they were given stopped working before d end of the stitching process. I never experienced this and I pray I don't. Please any body who has 3cs before? I kinda need to be encouraged.
When you do the elective you'd wish the first 2 were elective as well.
On anesthesia wearing off, since this is your third surgery adhesions are abound...so it'll take a little longer times to cut through the different layers during the surgery so it might take longer than the usual 30-45mins.
Speaking from experience as mine took longer and anesthesia was starting to wear off, I didn't feel any pain but the tugging just felt a little different..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 12:39am On Jan 19, 2021
LeProfessor:
For people like me that didn't understand the lingo at first, I put together a list (your welcome) to assist you.

You've done well. grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 12:52am On Jan 19, 2021
Congratulations rhosmherhy on the arrival of your prince.

Gender battle....so far we have 12 Team pinks and 10 Team blues..who will win this battle? We shall find out soon grin grin

1. sugah .....Jan 2......Team Pink delivered 16/12/20
2. purplish ...Jan 17......Team Pink delivered 13/1/21
3. rhosmherhy ....Jan 19..Team Blue Delivered 17/1/21
4. 19CannyMum ...Jan 2...Team Pink delivered 21/12/20 BS submitted
5. Iamhistreasure ....Jan 26...Team Blue
6. Fertilady ....Jan 30...Team Pink
7. 2020Abby .....Jan 1...Team Blue delivered 5/1/21
8. Opsycal ....Jan 5 .....Team Blue delivered 5/1/21
9. Ameliag ....Jan 13......Team Pink delivered 5/1/21

10. Gerastone09 .....Jan 13......Team pink Delivered 3/1/21
11. Nicoleswizzi ......Jan 8.....Team Blue
12. Fearless4real ....Jan 15.....Team pink delivered 11/1/21
13. Darsty99 .....Jan 30....Team Blue
14. Habbeyoluwa ....Jan 17...Team pink delivered 14/1/21
15. dbeauty ......Jan 17.....Team Pink Delivered 10/1/21
16. Rhemy2013 .... Jan 27.....Team Blue
17. Uwani...Jan 22...Team pink...Delivered 27/12/2020
18. Tikkykay...Jan26...Team Pink
19. Cutiemama....Jan 20.....Team Green
20. Juola......Jan 9.....Team blue delivered 4/1/21

21..Oluwasolayimika..Dec 31...Team Blue delivered 1/1/2021
22...Brownishshuga....Feb 8...Team pink delivered 4/1/21
23...Dinma27....Dec 29....Team Blue....Delivered 16/1/21

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by justifiedcoyy(m): 9:17am On Jan 19, 2021
Thank you for this list. I've been struggling with those terms, maybe cos I'm a man smiley I've been reading this thread for like a week. My wife is in her 16th week and she's not stopped vomiting,
reading this thread, I realized that it's normal. God bless the person who created this thread and everyone who has been contributing. Her EDD is July 3 but with what I've read here, I am guessing it could be a June Baby. I can't wait grin
LeProfessor:

DOB- Date of birth
BS- Birth story
BA- Birth announcement
DH- dear husband
Team blue- Boy
Team pink- girl
Team capo- Curator and motivator of mums expecting to deliver in that particular month
TTC- Trying to conceive
GYNE- Gynecologist
GP- General Practitioner
TVS- trans vaginal Scan
FP- Fetal pole
MC- Miscarriage
PCV- packed cell volume
TWW- Two-week wait (the time bw ovulation and your next period before you do your pregnancy test)

Note: in case anyone is wrong please correct it, I partly did this for me as well, and also add whatever I missed

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tracynenye: 11:42am On Jan 19, 2021
please what can one take to stop diarrhea in pregnancy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 11:54am On Jan 19, 2021
Are you me kiss undecided I’ve been purging since morning
Tracynenye:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 11:54am On Jan 19, 2021
I still threw up once or twice at 25 weeks it’s normal I guess
justifiedcoyy:
Thank you for this list. I've been struggling with those terms, maybe cos I'm a man smiley I've been reading this thread for like a week. My wife is in her 16th week and she's not stopped vomiting,
reading this thread, I realized that it's normal. God bless the person who created this thread and everyone who has been contributing. Her EDD is July 3 but with what I've read here, I am guessing it could be a June Baby. I can't wait grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2021
Tracynenye:
See your doctor please. No self medication in pregnancy to avoid complications to your unborn baby.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 1:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
LeProfessor:

I realise some of the abbreviations were from my BS..so if you don't mind id copy your legend and insert in my BS.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Darsty99: 4:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
Teamies (January Mamas).. We are awaiting your BS ooo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2021
LeProfessor:

DOB- Date of birth
BS- Birth story
BA- Birth announcement
DH- dear husband
Team blue- Boy
Team pink- girl
TTC- Trying to conceive
GYNE- Gynecologist
GP- General Practitioner
TVS- trans vaginal Scan
FP- Fetal pole
MC- Miscarriage
PCV- packed cell volume

HTH - Hope this helps
WIDD - What I did differently
LO - Little one
DW/DS/DD - Darling(wife/son/daughter)
H & H bumping - happy and healthy bumping
VD - vaginal Delivery
CS - Cesarean section
BFN - big fat negative
VE - vaginal examination

Etc

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbleGodDidIt(f): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
Good Evening Mamas and very caring Papas in the house.... cheesy... Big Congratulations to those who've birthed their LOs... Waddling mamas, yours shall be a joyous BS too! Mamas in waiting, may your joy locate you right on time.

Toh.. To the
glory of God, this is me now reporting and identifying with team June ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
EDDs: June 29th, 30th, July 10th..... Let God sha have his way...June mamas where una hide ooo... Let's nominate a cappo.

Btw, guess I'm gonna have a small bump coz I don't look preggy ooo.. grin,,, me wanna rock big bump and do hubby plenty shakara ooo tongue
AbleGodDidIt:
Hearty Congratulations to all the recent and newest mamas who's put to bed. Safe delivery tp those looking forward to it.

I need to be sure how far gone I am before identifying with a team smiley

My case is similar to those who commented earlier about having a scan revealing only a gestational sac.... By my LMP, I'm 8weeks and a day today... But scan seems to reveal less so I'm just praying and waiting for the next schedule. Trying as much as possible not to panic smiley

Meanwhile my sense of smell is so heightened that almost the smell of everything irritates me.... No appetite.... I force myself to eat the smallest of food, vomited twice and since then, i haven't taken any of the recommended prenatal drugs coz the smell irritates me angry and again the way I spew saliva and lazy around the house ehn.... Oh my my!!!! lipsrsealed

Biko se na only me waka come ni

Amma First time mom smiley smiley smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by WetSmoke: 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2021
I saw team green once and I was wondering
LeProfessor:

DOB- Date of birth
BS- Birth story
BA- Birth announcement
DH- dear husband
Team blue- Boy
Team pink- girl
TTC- Trying to conceive
GYNE- Gynecologist
GP- General Practitioner
TVS- trans vaginal Scan
FP- Fetal pole
MC- Miscarriage
PCV- packed cell volume

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by WetSmoke: 8:11pm On Jan 19, 2021
Just observe it. Mine is usually not more than a day.
Tracynenye:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2021
WetSmoke:
I saw team green once and I was wondering
Team Green is team surprise....the parents don't check gender until delivery.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by WetSmoke: 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2021
Oh, okay. Thank you
sugah:

Team Green is team surprise....the parents don't check gender until delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chintes: 11:11pm On Jan 19, 2021
africaflozy:
Welcome, mama Chintes.

Once we check gender let's drop it for update.

Team_NoDulling
Team_Favour
S/N _Monicker___EDD___Gender
1. africaflozy __ 05/04__Team Blue
2. Ovalrose __ 10/04__unknown
3. Jhules __ 16/04__ unknown
4. dunpredictable __31/04__Team Blue
5. Teetopic __18/04__unknown
6. beegail __05/04__unknown
7. Parkiz __07/04__unknown
8. Zehner __24/4__unknown
9. Joydan98 __14/4__unknown
10. tyreal __12/04__Team Blue
11. enkay2016 __28/04__unknown
12. Phlota __29/04__Team Blue
13. Adetounvicky __04/04__Team Blue
14. Chintes __23/04__unknown

Happy Sunday Mamas!

Thank you mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamhistreasure: 11:52pm On Jan 19, 2021
oke22:
You can buy from reshapeme on ig or walk into health plus and buy shredder gang

Thank you ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LeProfessor: 5:41am On Jan 20, 2021
sugah:

I realise some of the abbreviations were from my BS..so if you don't mind id copy your legend and insert in my BS.

By all means please feel free, I didn't copyright the post grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 10:08am On Jan 20, 2021
Wow... Good day, beautiful moms (and dads) grin
Been a long time here sha
Thank God for all the additions and blessings here.
Team October 2020, how is the journey so far?
*wink* *wink*

So, for me, we clocked 3 months old yesterday. [Is there a dancing emoji].
Baby Grace has got no chills when it comes to eating. (I always wonder where the food goes).
And I'm having low milk supply which wasn't like that with my older two kids.
She's presently on Nan 1 (our 9th can... And yes, I am keeping the cans for our 6 months photoshoot), but I want to change the milk. I feel the quantity is not proportionate to the price (if I am making sense sef), the can is never full, and the price keeps increasing. The last can I bought was #2700 and she finishes it between 7-9 days. Someone suggested we switch to Lact. ogen. I saw it at #1800 but I don't know if it is an inferior product compared to the Nan, and if the change will affect her.
Please help me here.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amakachris95(f): 10:11am On Jan 20, 2021
Tested and trusted!!! No cap. Our next batch of Ajumbaise herbs arrives on Friday. Please send a dm to place your order to include yours.
Location: Abuja. I can deliver anywhere. Pay on delivery only in Abuja. 07035797531

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by flourish2021: 11:30am On Jan 20, 2021
rhosmherhy:
BA BA..

Dob... 17th jan

@sugah Jan cappo
congratulations mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Best1708(f): 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
Good day lovely people,please any helpful advice for a pregnant woman with Hepatitis B. Location is Lagos,in case you can recommend a good hospital, she's five months gone now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by africaflozy(f): 8:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
AbleGodDidIt:
Good Evening Mamas and very caring Papas in the house.... cheesy... Big Congratulations to those who've birthed their LOs... Waddling mamas, yours shall be a joyous BS too! Mamas in waiting, may your joy locate you right on time.

Toh.. To the
glory of God, this is me now reporting and identifying with team June ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
EDDs: June 29th, 30th, July 10th..... Let God sha have his way...June mamas where una hide ooo... Let's nominate a cappo.

Btw, guess I'm gonna have a small bump coz I don't look preggy ooo.. grin,,, me wanna rock big bump and do hubby plenty shakara ooo tongue

I am laffin at you ... enjoy your small bump o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adesanyaadeoye: 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
Are you suffering from the following sicknesses or someone close to you is experiencing any of these sicknesses, count your self lucky enough if you come across this info. The sicknesses listed are what am 98% sure ( God heals perfectly) but the herbs and simple steps to be taken gonna be a testimony if adhere to.
Diabetes
Appendicitis (Appendix)
Pregnancy issue.( Must be communicated now)
Fibroid
Body itching( kokoro inu eje)
Blood shortage
Typhoid and Malaria.
All the listed sicknesses are what am sure of with guarantee.
If you wanna confirm, call 09033425135, 08145106585.
Note please: I am not a Doctor or an herbalist but these are sicknesses I got the herbs from elders and have got proofs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 19CannyMum: 3:54am On Jan 21, 2021
January mamas dropping out like it's hot. Congrats to all my dear colleagues.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:05am On Jan 21, 2021
Good morning mamas.

I'm here again!
So many moms are taking advantage of our free delivery in January for 20k orders to quickly do their shopping...

Don't come and ask for free delivery in February o grin
Ehn ehn

Request for your comprehensive price list today kiss
Shop with us and experience peace of mind.
No fear of being scammed.
No fear of what you ordered VS what you got grin
Just relass and let Nana's Baby Essentials takiaroff u kiss

If you're on strict hospital bedrest
If you're new in town and don't know where or how to shop.
If you're looking to pay in installments.
If you don't have anyone to go baby shopping with you.
If you're too busy to shop due to work or chores.
If you just don't like stress and open markets.
If you love quality products with good bargains.
Then I'm the girl for you ó!!!!! kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 11:57am On Jan 21, 2021
FloraEC:

HTH - Hope this helps
WIDD - What I did differently
LO - Little one
DW/DS/DD - Darling(wife/son/daughter)
H & H bumping - happy and healthy bumping
VD - vaginal Delivery
CS - Cesarean section
BFN - big fat negative
VE - vaginal examination

Etc
Madam, happy new year. How are the kids?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5984) (5985) (5986) (5987) (5988) (5989) (5990) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.