Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6014) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8118683 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6011) (6012) (6013) (6014) (6015) (6016) (6017) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2021
Congrats to Tgirl4 and asagal.

May we all have a safe delivery.

To all TTC, baby dust to you.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lady25(f): 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2021
lady25:

Lord Please remember me too this month o
My first baby came easily without me trying to get pregnant But this waiting period has taught me to appreciate What I earlier took for granted. Lord please remember all we TTC mothers
I had my first son December 2017. The pregnancy came quite easily as we were not even planning for a baby. Since then no show. Everyone started asking questions “what are you waiting for? This boy is old enough o! His mates have three younger ones ! I started following advise on “trying to conceive thread” I bought pregnancy test strip tire. The woman I usually buy from advised me around November to stop wasting money on Ptstrip. Lol. I had already given up on having another baby and I started thanking God for my son( at least I have one ). But alas period refuse to come this February o. I used to PT strip as usual but this time around I saw two beautiful lines.
Oya o. Let’s begin Team October (whether or not there is team September lol
Dear Lord answer the prayer of every TTC mother

63 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Best1708(f): 9:16pm On Feb 17, 2021
chocome:
Good day my beautiful mothers in the house.

Team June Sexymum1 have given us a slogan so when you see Team June you will say #sexyborning.

Roll call for the day

Chocome ________June 15

Anisef____________June10

Missfree__________June 18 team blue

Orangb____________June 7 team blue

Goldie50___________June 7 team pink

Bibbzz_____________June 29

Best1708_________June 8 team xy

Sexymum1_________June 24

Wetsmoke_________June 1 team pink

I pray that we will continue to have a stress-free ride and a sexy birth with both baby(ies), mum and daddy alive
Amen o

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by teebee22(f): 10:11pm On Feb 17, 2021
hello rolling mamas. just spying the group(am not pregnant o, till 2024) its been a long time here. safest delivery to all preggy mamas and baby dust to all expecting mamas. good night o.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:40pm On Feb 17, 2021
Good evening to all the preggy moms and dads.
May you all carry to term and deliver with ease.

I have a new post on my thread on what you need to exclusively breastfeed without stress.

You may want to take a peek, let me not overwhelm this thread with my epistle.

https://www.nairaland.com/3760370/nanas-heart-zaynies-baby-kiddies/24

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldie50: 7:51am On Feb 18, 2021
chocome:
Good day my beautiful mothers in the house.

Team June Sexymum1 have given us a slogan so when you see Team June you will say #sexyborning.

Roll call for the day

Chocome ________June 15

Anisef____________June10

Missfree__________June 18 team blue

Orangb____________June 7 team blue

Goldie50___________June 7 team pink

Bibbzz_____________June 29

Best1708_________June 8 team xy

Sexymum1_________June 24

Wetsmoke_________June 1 team pink

I pray that we will continue to have a stress-free ride and a sexy birth with both baby(ies), mum and daddy alive

Oshey! grin #Sexyborning. We are borning in a sexy style cheesy. May God see us through in Jesus name, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 7:58am On Feb 18, 2021
teebee22:
hello rolling mamas. just spying the group(am not pregnant o, till 2024) its been a long time here. safest delivery to all preggy mamas and baby dust to all expecting mamas. good night o.
This spying is a smell of new baby on u.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YummySuits(f): 9:45am On Feb 18, 2021
Tgirl4:
BS! BS!! BS!!!

Cheers to the uneventful first trimester period, no MS, no cravings or fatigue. I was feeling like a superstar( as per STM), my body was already used to it so its no big deal.
Then came second trimester that showed me the true meaning of belle. I was always tired. I couldn’t tolerate the smell of my routine drugs so i guess that contributed to the fatigue. Pcv was constantly low. Then i was always forgetful,If i dont write it down, i will forget about it. Frequent heartburn was as prt of my package.
second trimester scan at about 24/25 weeks. The sonographer said the placenta was partially covering the cervix so if it covers fully then the doctor will advise CS. I was indifferent because i am a curious person, i have often always thought about what CS will feel like, but always kept my opinion to myself because everyone always think its weird.( maybe one day i will still go for an elective cs)

Doctor advised no sex till further notice because of the position of the placenta, mehn i was glad( people that have high libido during belle are supposed to be paying special tax, lol).

At 34weeks, scan was repeated and showed the placenta have moved up, so we were back to the option of virginal delivery.

On sun, feb 14th(36w6d), at about 10pm ish I started having mild but regular contractions. 20mins interval and the contractions last for 30secs. This happened all night that i was unable to sleep throughout the night. Morning came i had a warm bath and I hope to get some sleep but the contractions never stopped, it was so annoying because i was already tired and i needed to sleep.
Decided to go to the hospital around 12noon on the 15th (37weeks)and the nurse did a VE. Alas, i was 2cm dilated so i told the doctor if my labor progress i will be too tired to cope with it so he should give me a sleeping tablet so i can sleep then have energy to cope with the active stage of labor. Thou the doctor advised against it as he explained it will slow down my labor but i insisted because i really needed that sleep and if contractions of over 14hrs did not improve then slowing down by a few hours more wont hurt. So he gave me sleeping pills nd pcm.

I got home, the sleeping pill was able to make me relax( not drowsy) for couple of hours, then the contractions started improving. Not so much of a great improvement but its better than what i had before. I kept on timing it tell it got to about 5mins interval, then I decided to shower and pray before heading to the hospital. As i was praying i felt my back hooked and i knew that i don overstay for how. That was around past 10pm ish. The contractions was coming back to back about 3mins interval and very intense. Ee left the house 10:30pm, got to hospital 11:45pm, the nurse did a VE and said i was cervix was fully dilated and effaced.

The doctor burst my water, did membrane swipe and gave me oxytocin. The contractions came back very strong and I pushed the baby out after two push at 11pm on dot weighing 2.9kg with no tear. Mama and baby are doing well, daddy is fine and big brother is still confused why there is a new ‘teddy’ in the house that he cant play with.

BS submitted @march cappo cc @oke22

I hang my boot in style.

Congratulations mama. Welcome lil one.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by justifiedcoyy(m): 10:24am On Feb 18, 2021
Mama, my wife's EDD is July 3 and we dont even know what we need to buy. I dont know if you can give a list of what we need to get
zaynie:
Good evening to all the preggy moms and dads.
May you all carry to term and deliver with ease.

I have a new post on my thread on what you need to exclusively breastfeed without stress.

You may want to take a peek, let me not overwhelm this thread with my epistle.

https://www.nairaland.com/3760370/nanas-heart-zaynies-baby-kiddies/24

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2021
I'm so happy for you.
Amen. God remember all those TTC
lady25:

I had my first son December 2017. The pregnancy came quite easily as we were not even planning for a baby. Since then no show. Everyone started asking questions “what are you waiting for? This boy is old enough o! His mates have three younger ones ! I started following advise on “trying to conceive thread” I bought pregnancy test strip tire. The woman I usually buy from advised me around November to stop wasting money on Ptstrip. Lol. I had already given up on having another baby and I started thanking God for my son( at least I have one ). But alas period refuse to come this February o. I used to PT strip as usual but this time around I saw two beautiful lines.
Oya o. Let’s begin Team October (whether or not there is team September lol
Dear Lord answer the prayer of every TTC mother

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MummyHalo(f): 2:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
Good afternoon mamas. Please, is it compulsory that we have signs of labour like cramps and the rest some days or weeks before the real deal? Or can someone just suddenly fall into labour without any warning signs?
I am almost 39 weeks and not noticing any signs of the body preparing and baby is already getting big. Please experienced moms should help a FTM, my tired is tired already cry

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldie50: 2:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
Hello Sabi Mamas! Please can I relax my hair? I am a FTM. I have been sceptical about relaxing my hair since because of chemical. We are in late second trimester now. But the hair is overdue and tacky. If I can relax it, what types of relaxers are safe?
Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2021
justifiedcoyy:
Mama, my wife's EDD is July 3 and we dont even know what we need to buy. I dont know if you can give a list of what we need to get

Good afternoon sir.
Please send me a whatsapp message on
https:///message/E25YLNFX4SUEE1 and I'll gladly send the list to you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2021
MummyHalo:
Good afternoon mamas. Please, is it compulsory that we have signs of labour like cramps and the rest some days or weeks before the real deal? Or can someone just suddenly fall into labour without any warning signs?
I am almost 39 weeks and not noticing any signs of the body preparing and baby is already getting big. Please experienced moms should help a FTM, my tired is tired already cry

Yes.
For my first natural labour/ delivery, I had no labor signs. In fact on the Friday before, I went to do vaginal examination to see if I was dilating already as I was a few days to 40 weeks and my cervix was still shut. Lo and behold labor started on Saturday morning and I had my baby on Sunday by 2am in the middle of the night at exactly 40 weeks.

My second natural labour and delivery, I was seeing mucus plug at about 33 weeks already sef. I was almost sure she would be out in the 35th week. For where?! Then I started cramping at 37 weeks, it would on days when I needed to run errands, I'll dress up and then the cramps will begin, I'll remove clothes and get ready for hospital and then the cramps will cease after a few hours.
Even on the day I gave birth to her, i angrily went out in labour cos I didn't want to miss the event. Got home and had her some hours later.
She was born 10 days earlier.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 6:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
Let me rant how my day went o.I use to hear people say they cry unnecessarily while pregnant I didn't believe until I had my experience today. So at work I went out in the morning to buy something on my way I hit my leg and my sandal cut o. That's how crying started o,i cried and cried,i even called dh explaining to him while still crying and he was like are u crying because of sandal,annoyingly I dropped the call,i started thinking of everything bad that has happened in the past o like my late dad naso the crying increase o.Have been moody since morning i had to go to my mum's place after work to cheer myself up a little.Anyone with crying experience come and talk here o I want to laugh

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by busybeei5(f): 6:48pm On Feb 18, 2021
Goldie50:
Hello Sabi Mamas! Please can I relax my hair? I am a FTM. I have been sceptical about relaxing my hair since because of chemical. We are in late second trimester now. But the hair is overdue and tacky. If I can relax it, what types of relaxers are safe?
Thank you
I felt the same way you're feeling a month ago at 25wks+
I eventually relaxed the hair o because i couldnt comb it again after leaving it since july last year grin
For safe relaxers, i dunno but i used ORS

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by clems88(m): 8:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
Hi all pls I need help..
My 2 month pregnant wife has been having headache and she wants to take paracetamol which I argued with her not to take but she's insisting n a friend is also telling her to take it. I had to by with B-complex . can she take the paracetamol to relieve the headache ? N is also the B-complex good for her to take .

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2021
clems88:
Hi all pls I need help..
My 2 month pregnant wife has been having headache and she wants to take paracetamol which I argued with her not to take but she's insisting n a friend is also telling her to take it. I had to by with B-complex . can she take the paracetamol to relieve the headache ? N is also the B-complex good for her to take .

Pcm is very mild, yes she can take it..

But if it keeps recurring, she might want to sleep more especially in a dark and quiet room often.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
Goldie50:
Thank you

A lot of preggies relax hair ó.
You may want to Google the safest relaxers to use but I doubt you'll find them here.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MomoAdura: 8:21pm On Feb 18, 2021
busybeei5:

I eventually relaxed the hair o because i couldnt comb it again after leaving it since july last year grin

Teamie..... thanks for answering this. Because I just bought relaxer today.
Hope the ministry is moving?
Please drop gender if you've checked.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MomoAdura: 8:28pm On Feb 18, 2021
indian03, harbeams Agiboma Yummysuits
damsel93 LOLOMMA Josphine4good
Mydreams25 Urcutecrush Khay01 Keeky08 how're you mamas...trust you're doing great....how's the 3rd phase treating us?
Ananne how's wifey? Regards to her!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MomoAdura: 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2021
Mydreams25 Urcutecrush Khay01 Keeky08 and other MAY mamas, how're you mamas...trust you're doing great....how's the 3rd phase treating us?

Safe delivery to all 2021 mamas.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bibbzz: 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2021
Good evening mamas I don come again �
Please has anyone used ace medicare clinics at ota? Either for cs or antenatal What what’s your experience please

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2021
Ki re grin angry mine is anger I’m always angry
Tinudesi:
Let me rant how my day went o.I use to hear people say they cry unnecessarily while pregnant I didn't believe until I had my experience today. So at work I went out in the morning to buy something on my way I hit my leg and my sandal cut o. That's how crying started o,i cried and cried,i even called dh explaining to him while still crying and he was like are u crying because of sandal,annoyingly I dropped the call,i started thinking of everything bad that has happened in the past o like my late dad naso the crying increase o.Have been moody since morning i had to go to my mum's place after work to cheer myself up a little.Anyone with crying experience come and talk here o I want to laugh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LeProfessor: 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2021
After attending our first antenatal class, I found some things quite odd, actually 1 thing in particular, (I have to say it was quite odd for me as a man in a class full of women, but the nurse/midwife made me feel very comfortable) the doctor advised mothers to express breast milk, but to not feed the baby with a nipple (on the feeding bottle) I was curious as to how and why this is so, apparently (and I don't know if this is just a peculiar case or if it's the general teaching) the reason for this is because of risk of infection, so it's better to use a cup and spoon. I let it go initially but my curiosity wasn't satisfied, so upon after classes questioning, the doctor said, the nipples have more openings than a spoon so its easier for it to get infected than a spoon, especially when they are not cleaned diligently, so instead of hammering on the cleaning they just advice mothers to not use it, please what is your advice on the subject.
#DiaryOfaPregnantHusband

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yourmmy: 9:48pm On Feb 18, 2021
Bibbzz:
Good evening mamas I don come again �
Please has anyone used ace medicare clinics at ota? Either for cs or antenatal What what’s your experience please

Currently having my antenatal there. Their service is OK from my perspective.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldie50: 10:02pm On Feb 18, 2021
busybeei5:

Okay Mama. I will probably look for the mild ones. I don try since Sept. The hair is hard. Na fear dey catch me o cos Google said the relaxer can be absorbed from my scalp to my baby cheesy. I say let me hear from real life experiences of other Mamas.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldie50: 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
zaynie:

A lot of preggies relax hair ó.
You may want to Google the safest relaxers to use but I doubt you'll find them here.

Okay.. thank you, Ma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldie50: 10:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
Tinudesi:
Let me rant how my day went o.I use to hear people say they cry unnecessarily while pregnant I didn't believe until I had my experience today. So at work I went out in the morning to buy something on my way I hit my leg and my sandal cut o. That's how crying started o,i cried and cried.Anyone with crying experience come and talk here o I want to laugh

cheesy My own crying experience surprised me o. It happened in my first trimester. There is this woman that used to sell peppersoup in our area. But on this particular day, I was seriously waiting for her to hawk. She didn't show up cry. I was badly craving peppersoup and agidi that day. After waiting for like two hours, I started crying. Doesn't she know that somebody is waiting for her cry cry. On normal days she doesn't take this long na. My husband saw me crying at the market and quickly took me to a quiet spot. He was really worried. He thought someone had died. When I told him it was because of the peppersoup woman, he looked at me funny cheesy. Even me, I still can't believe that I cried in a public place because of food.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by purplish(f): 11:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
Tinudesi:
Anyone with crying experience come and talk here o I want to laugh

LOL! I was solidly on this table during my pregnancy. The one I know was very ridiculous was sometime in my 2nd trimester. My appetite was just beginning to get better and vomitting was reducing, so I was always excited to eat whatever I was craving. I woke up that morning craving toast bread and I spent time thinking/planning how to make and enjoy premium one. As I mixed all the ingredients and was buttering my bread, light suddenly went off. The tears were just flowing...I am still very embarrassed.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MummyHalo(f): 11:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
zaynie:

Yes.
For my first natural labour/ delivery, I had no labor signs. In fact on the Friday before, I went to do vaginal examination to see if I was dilating already as I was a few days to 40 weeks and my cervix was still shut. Lo and behold labor started on Saturday morning and I had my baby on Sunday by 2am in the middle of the night at exactly 40 weeks.

My second natural labour and delivery, I was seeing mucus plug at about 33 weeks already sef. I was almost sure she would be out in the 35th week. For where?! Then I started cramping at 37 weeks, it would on days when I needed to run errands, I'll dress up and then the cramps will begin, I'll remove clothes and get ready for hospital and then the cramps will cease after a few hours.
Even on the day I gave birth to her, i angrily went out in labour cos I didn't want to miss the event. Got home and had her some hours later.
She was born 10 days earlier.
Thank you ma! Let me keep my fingers crossed then.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YummySuits(f): 5:33am On Feb 19, 2021
MomoAdura:
Mydreams25 Urcutecrush Khay01 Keeky08 and other MAY mamas, how're you mamas...trust you're doing great....how's the 3rd phase treating us?

Safe delivery to all 2021 mamas.

3rd phase is going great, except everyone around me is complaining I don't eat enough�.

God will see all waddling mamas through. Good news all the way.

Any may mama started shopping yet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6011) (6012) (6013) (6014) (6015) (6016) (6017) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.