Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8112998 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6099) (6100) (6101) (6102) (6103) (6104) (6105) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:46am On Apr 16, 2021
MamaOO:

Gestational Diabetes is not something to joke with. It is harmful to both mother and the baby. It’s better you try and do the test now and rule out GD and be able to go about your life peacefully than not know. May we not blame ourselves. Please, try and do the sugar screen I beg of you.

Ask your doctor if the 1 hour screen can be done for you. The last one I did was a 1 hour screen and wasn’t fasting prior to when I took the test. I ate normally all day. I went in around 2pm (infact I ate 2 donuts before I got there) and I was given a sugary drink like juice in a bottle to drink. I went back after an hour to get my blood drawn and that was it. I passed. My OB told me I can do that one but if I failed the 1 hour test, then I will have to do the 2 hour one.

Yeah, that's the Random Blood Sugar. I think that's the one she did first (although hers was urine) and they got a + in her urine which led to this Fasting Blood Sugar in order to figure out if the sugar was just high like that on that day because of sth she ate or if she has high blood sugar even after fasting.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaOO: 6:34am On Apr 16, 2021
zaynie:

Yeah, that's the Random Blood Sugar. I think that's the one she did first (although hers was urine) and they got a + in her urine which led to this Fasting Blood Sugar in order to figure out if the sugar was just high like that on that day because of sth she ate or if she has high blood sugar even after fasting.
Oh I see. I must have missed the part where she mentioned the protein in her urine, makes sense to do the two hour fasting test. My OB told me then that if I failed the 1hour I had to take to 2 hour fasting test.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by urcutecrush(f): 6:37am On Apr 16, 2021
Good morning mama’s.I am currently dealing with fibroid degeneration and the pain is out of this world.I can barely stand up or walk.I am 35weeks gone.Who has ever dealt with this and what are the tips to reduce the pain.I don’t think I can handle this pain for 5 more weeks.I was only given paracetamol at the hospital.Pls help a FTM who stays alone.I need to stand up to cook and eat.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldengold2(f): 9:24am On Apr 16, 2021
urcutecrush:
Good morning mama’s.I am currently dealing with fibroid degeneration and the pain is out of this world.I can barely stand up or walk.I am 35weeks gone.Who has ever dealt with this and what are the tips to reduce the pain.I don’t think I can handle this pain for 5 more weeks.I was only given paracetamol at the hospital.Pls help a FTM who stays alone.I need to stand up to cook and eat.
So sorry mama, I have dealt with the pain at 18 weeks and still dealing with it though not as tough as the first time. My gynecologist placed me on fortwin injection inside drip for 3days. Try as much as possible to drink lot of water. I can't lie to you paracetamol is nothing when the pain starts. You can as well get a hot water bottle and be placing it on the hurting part. Sorry for the pains, the Lord will make our testimonies evident soon.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 10:04am On Apr 16, 2021
WetSmoke:
Thanks for checking on us. We are pushing, shopping 40% done. Na hubby go do d rest, I no get energy biko.

hello ma'am where the energy go, kisses dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 10:11am On Apr 16, 2021
Missfree:
present ma. I went to gbagada general hospital to change my clinic. But the stress no be here o. Delivery and everything plus blood test is 49k. Scan not included o and card. And blood donation is a must before they register you. The lord is our strength o. I will shop for everything next month by God’s grace. The lord will guide us throughout this journey ijn great testimony too

Am using high land maternity and I think it approximately the same amount because initial registration is 27k den 16k for delivery but scan and test is included, I also think the blood donation is optional but if you have cause to use blood your spouse or family member must replace it before you are discharged.
Pls start shopping so that you don't do it when you are really really heavy and it because stressful for you. Amen to your prayers
kisses dear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 10:13am On Apr 16, 2021
AbbynHummy:

I'm doing great. I have not started shopping at all oh. Will do that very soon by God's grace

hello to our assistant cappo, how are you Pls start your shopping now o I don't want to hear story o.
kisses dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 10:19am On Apr 16, 2021
[quote author=EbyFloxy post=100799945][/quote]

Amen to your prayers
I hope you are doing great the trip to the bathroom is one of course will must take while being pregnant some had theres during first semester, why others second semester and others third semester. we are getting there mama . lnshort I salute both nursing mothers and pregnant mothers it not easy with this weather there Is no different between night and day when talking about the heat
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2021
Goldie50:
Present Ma! kiss. I'm doing well. Just that heartburn started disturbing me yesterday. I took a little mistmag sha. It subsided. Getting a comfortable position on the bed to sleep is another thing. Na God go help us. Shopping is almost done. Na hubby go do the remaining. Keep up the good work, Cappo.

hello ma'am how are you today, am so sorry for the heartburn try eating little by little, I sleep with 2 to 3 pillows just for comfort it's not easy but Thanks be to God Almighty we are almost at the finish line. All of us saying na hubby go complete the shopping I hope we will not complain when he goes to buy what we don't want or fail to buy what exactly we want?

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 10:39am On Apr 16, 2021
[quote author=Best1708 post=100810328]I was at the hospital yesterday morning,but I don't think I can undergo the test procedure,I live in a four storey apartment, I can't descend the stairs without eating cox I was told to stop eating a night ahead of the test,come to the hospital after 12 hours that I've stopped eating,that they will be drawing blood for test every 30 mins for 2 hours while they give me one teaspoon of glucose to drink,I will now eat after the 2 hours.I don't have the strength to do such test.[/quote

hello ma'am am sending you hugs and kisses, Pls be strong and the strength you need to climb to and from the staircase will come.
Pls I will advice you follow the advice of Zaynie Pls read through her write-up and see how you can get the test done to put your mind and our minds at ease. it is well by the Grace of God
have a nice day ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by skyplustk(f): 10:41am On Apr 16, 2021
I had it with my daughter then I was hospitalized for three days but the pain stopped f first day cos I was placed on drips,drugs and injection this is not paracetamol issue at all kindly go back to d hospital[ quote author=urcutecrush post=100834994]Good morning mama’s.I am currently dealing with fibroid degeneration and the pain is out of this world.I can barely stand up or walk.I am 35weeks gone.Who has ever dealt with this and what are the tips to reduce the pain.I don’t think I can handle this pain for 5 more weeks.I was only given paracetamol at the hospital.Pls help a FTM who stays alone.I need to stand up to cook and eat.[/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 10:44am On Apr 16, 2021
sexymum1:
Present able cappo...am fine ma..have not started shopping oh..going Tru some issues at the present but it is well with me...how are you and lo ?

congratulations to all the mum's that have birth their Los and save delivery to us all Amen.

hello ma'am we are doing great thank you for asking.
I pray whatever issues you are going through be sorted out in Jesus Christ Name Amen.
I hope you are taking care of yourself and LO,
sending kisses and hugs

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Best1708(f): 11:49am On Apr 16, 2021
[quote author=chocome post=100840840][/quote]I'm almost done with the test,one round to go.I'm drained and exhausted, I just have to do it.Thanks for checking up Cappo.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
chocome:

hello to our assistant cappo, how are you Pls start your shopping now o I don't want to hear story o.
kisses dear

Lol, na really assistant. Some things came up with hubby so we had to reschedule. Hopefully before the month runs out we'll shop for all we need by God's grace. Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 12:33pm On Apr 16, 2021
Best1708:
I'm almost done with the test,one round to go.I'm drained and exhausted, I just have to do it.Thanks for checking up Cappo.

Good to know that you've done the test. God bless you ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2021
urcutecrush:
I went through it with my last pregnancy.Get your gynae to issue you appropriate painkillers.Paracetamol is like water where that pain is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldie50: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
No o mama cheesy. They're just normal stuffs that anybody can buy. Things like jik and tissue etc.
Thanks for the tips to help with heartburn kiss

chocome:

hello ma'am how are you today, am so sorry for the heartburn try eating little by little, I sleep with 2 to 3 pillows just for comfort it's not easy but Thanks be to God Almighty we are almost at the finish line. All of us saying na hubby go complete the shopping I hope we will not complain when he goes to buy what we don't want or fail to buy what exactly we want?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by WetSmoke: 3:41pm On Apr 16, 2021
Work o. I still de go work. I entered market last in December, need to try and go tomorrow. Need some new sheets.
chocome:

hello ma'am where the energy go, kisses dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joydan95: 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hello mums, I am exactly 38weeks and I went for ANC this morning ... scan shows that my baby’s weight is 3.69kg and I currently weigh 73.7 kg . Please hope my baby isn’t too big
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mizfabulous18(f): 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
Good day mama's I also went for my scan today nd am 40weeks precisely my baby weight is 4kg...chimoo I don't know m kinda scared since it my first time i don't want a very big baby is there something I cn do to reduce the weight before I put to birth.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by frances01: 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2021
hello mums, i am 6weeks 1day gone but i don't have any symptoms apart from my missing period and sore nipples no other symtoms. please is this normal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2021
Joydan95:
Hello mums, I am exactly 38weeks and I went for ANC this morning ... scan shows that my baby’s weight is 3.69kg and I currently weigh 73.7 kg . Please hope my baby isn’t too big

Is not too big. My friend gave birth 3 days ago to 4.2kg without tear. And when she had her first child, she weighed 3.1kg with plenty tear. What I know is most doctors don't allow first timer to birth 4kg+babies. Are u a first time mum? Besides scan gives estimate. Scan gave me 3.5kg for my daughter and when I gave birth she weighed 3.25kg.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2021
Mizfabulous18:
Good day mama's I also went for my scan today nd am 40weeks precisely my baby weight is 4kg...chimoo I don't know m kinda scared since it my first time i don't want a very big baby is there something I cn do to reduce the weight before I put to birth.

Nothing can be done to reduce weight. I think doctors relate to mother stature before they allow them to birth 4kg babies especially first time mum. It will depend on your status. Are you tall?. Don't worry your doctor will access your pelvic to know if its possible or they tell you to do pelvimetry but to be sincere most doctors don't do it unless you talk to them and ask them questions. Tell your doctor your Fear. Hear his/her opinion
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2021
frances01:
hello mums, i am 6weeks 1day gone but i don't have any symptoms apart from my missing period and sore nipples no other symtoms. please is this normal?

Please it's normal. You are one of the few lucky women grin. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mizfabulous18(f): 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
indian03:

Nothing can be done to reduce weight. I think doctors relate to mother stature before they allow them to birth 4kg babies especially first time mum. It will depend on your status. Are you tall?. Don't worry your doctor will access your pelvic to know if its possible or they tell you to do pelvimetry but to be sincere most doctors don't do it unless you talk to them and ask them questions. Tell your doctor your Fear. Hear his/her opinion
.m just average height nd I hv done the pelvicmetry ...my doctor said it a 50 -50 thing for me honestly I don't want to worry much but I cnt help it ..none of my sibling or I was up to that I wonder if it cos I was invested in trying to increase my blood level ..anyway tnx for the advice
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MomoAdura: 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2021
indian03:

Assistant cappo doing justice to all the questions. Well done mama.
#takeachilledbottleofjuice

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2021
Mizfabulous18:
.m just average height nd I hv done the pelvicmetry ...my doctor said it a 50 -50 thing for me honestly I don't want to worry much but I cnt help it ..none of my sibling or I was up to that I wonder if it cos I was invested in trying to increase my blood level ..anyway tnx for the advice

No it's not about what you eat.its about genetics. My hubby is huge so I've known my babies would b a little on big side. Don't worry the weight might not even be upto 4kg because scan gives estimate. You should go into labour anytime now so don't worry pls. What matters is you alive, baby alive

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 5:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
MomoAdura:

Assistant cappo doing justice to all the questions. Well done mama.
#takeachilledbottleofjuice

I just finished ofada rice with lots of intestines grin angry grin. I dey in the mood today.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 6:46pm On Apr 16, 2021
frances01:

Yes. It's normal
Not everyone experience morning sickness

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jenny53(f): 7:04pm On Apr 16, 2021
urcutecrush:

pls ma I have fibroids too am 20weeks gone i started having this pain that won't just go away wen I woke up this morning, i havent experienced such since the journey started am a first time mum, I just had to leave for the clinic this evening to see the gynea but, on getting there I was the gynea has gone, so I so the general doctor and he said I should be admitted. so I have been admitted and am on drips now but I will appreciate if u can explain wat ur pain is like, cos mine comes and goes and its so painful usually beneath my pelvic area and wen I try to turn on the bed it hurts like I over fed myself.. pls how does urs feel?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joydan95: 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
indian03:

Is not too big. My friend gave birth 3 days ago to 4.2kg without tear. And when she had her first child, she weighed 3.1kg with plenty tear. What I know is most doctors don't allow first timer to birth 4kg+babies. Are u a first time mum? Besides scan gives estimate. Scan gave me 3.5kg for my daughter and when I gave birth she weighed 3.25kg.
I am a FTM and I noticed that since yesterday I have been having diarrhea, back pain and I had a little mucus discharge this morning plus I sometimes feel funny in my stomach...could it be a sign of Labour

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by busybeei5(f): 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
Joydan95:

I am a FTM and I noticed that since yesterday I have been having diarrhea, back pain and I had a little mucus discharge this morning plus I sometimes feel funny in my stomach...could it be a sign of Labour
Our baby is preparing to come....
I've been having all these except diarrhoea, also saw small mucus lastweek Wednesday.
FTM too, i don't even know just tired its only to eat that i have strength for now angry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6099) (6100) (6101) (6102) (6103) (6104) (6105) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.