Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8122852 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6201) (6202) (6203) (6204) (6205) (6206) (6207) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nyxx123: 10:49am On Jul 14, 2021
justifiedcoyy:
I don't know how to start our BS.

The summary is, I did not stay at the hospital with my wife as I couldn't stand it.

Once again, I wanna say women are the strongest .. Y'all are stronger than us and I pray every mother reaps the fruit of their labour.

God bless everyone of you and I pray every pregnant woman delivers safely in Jesus name.

Cc
Ayauche

Manage this one like that. Lol

Even your wife can't stand it, the only difference here is, you had a choice after all you ain't the one with the baby in your womb. she doesn't have that choice, baby must come out either way, Oga next time face that fear. It took two to tangle. Ndi category I can't stand it! Congrats to wifey. If you find this reply it offensive or too personal, blame the pregnancy hormones angry. I can't stand men who run away when they are needed the most.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 10:50am On Jul 14, 2021
prettmum:
please let her not take, I'm in my first trimester and down with malaria, the doctor said I have to manage it till 2nd trimester....no anti malaria drugs for now, I should take only paracetamol.... please sir thread cautiously...Safe delivery to us all ..

Malaria is not good during pregnancy. There are safe drugs that can be used

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nyxx123: 10:53am On Jul 14, 2021
EbyFloxy:
Hello mummies in d house. Please my baby is 5wks old (EBF) and his tongue gradually turned blue since 2wks now. Should I be worried? Anybody experienced such?

Blue tongue? I have not heard of such...Mama I hope you have gone to the hospital
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by justifiedcoyy(m): 11:00am On Jul 14, 2021
Nyxx123:

Even your wife can't stand it, the only difference here is, you had a choice after all you ain't the one with the baby in your womb. she doesn't have that choice, baby must come out either way, Oga next time face that fear. It took two to tangle. Ndi category I can't stand it! Congrats to wifey. If you find this reply it offensive or too personal, blame the pregnancy hormones angry. I can't stand men who run away when they are needed the most.

I do not find it offensive at all.

I still can not and will not be able to stand with my wife during labour.

God give you strength ma and safe delivery to you. L

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 11:47am On Jul 14, 2021
Pls you can treat malaria in first trimester o
Speak to your obgn

Untreated malaria gives babies Jaundice

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 11:59am On Jul 14, 2021
It's really not easy to raise a girl child. I always pray that I do it right.
Wish I could start teaching my 2yrs 10months child on parts of the body she should safe guard but she won't understand.
AbbynHummy:

Same here oh. It's not easy to raise a girl child. I sometimes check my 4years old daughter vagina when I bath her. What I noticed in my daughter is quiet different,when she was a baby her vagina hole was not showing at all, it was as if it was covered by the hymen and I feel it's normal, but when she was like 2years, I noticed the hole started showing, I was bothered oh and scared because I use to think that the hole shouldn't be obvious until the person loses her virginity.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trippleblessing(f): 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2021
senoraaquila:
It's really not easy to raise a girl child. I always pray that I do it right.
Wish I could start teaching my 2yrs 10months child on parts of the body she should safe guard but she won't understand.

You can start teaching her even before she clocked 2. Ask Zaynie, I have seen her shared some DIY on sex education for children. It helps to build a conscious awareness of not allowing anyone touch them as well too.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Seniorwriter(m): 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2021
Uniquesome1:

I think it's normal, had same experience and was really worried but I put to bed a week ago and baby is very fine. I hear the same sound when he's stretching. So, don't worry.

Saw your email requests... I'll rather you reach out via the facebook Id on my profile as I no longer relate with that email.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunpredictable: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2021
justifiedcoyy:

The summary is, I did not stay at the hospital with my wife as I couldn't stand it.

Once again, I wanna say women are the strongest .. Y'all are stronger than us and I pray every mother reaps the fruit of their labour.

God bless everyone of you and I pray every pregnant woman delivers safely in Jesus name.

Cc
Ayauche

Congratulations on the arrival of your LO

Sir you've been in the group for long, it's disappointing that you would do such a thing. Putting myself in her position, I don't think i would have stood it like I did were dh not with me. You see that hand you hold ehn and talking to her give so much strength.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by justifiedcoyy(m): 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2021
dunpredictable:

Congratulations on the arrival of your LO

Sir you've been in the group for long, it's disappointing that you would abandon do at such a time. Putting myself in her position, I don't think i would have stood it like I did were dh not with me. You see that hand you hold ehn and talking to her gives so much strength.
I didn't abandon her. Lol

We are built differently. The few minutes I stayed with her, I was more of a weakness than a strength.

The nurse together with her aunt had to tell me to leave as I wasn't helping.

Call me a coward, I agree.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2021
justifiedcoyy:
I didn't abandon her. Lol

We are built differently. The few minutes I stayed with her, I was more of a weakness than a strength.

The nurse together with her aunt had to tell me to leave as I wasn't helping.

Call me a coward, I agree.
I perfectly understand you, sir.
However, brace it up next time, and try as much as possible to encourage her while she brings forth.
Na two of una do the dance, you sef suppose dey there see as e dey be. You get?
My love to wifey and LO grin

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Senorita222(f): 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2021
Good evening mummies
Please a friend of mine landed Enugu newly
Seriously seeking for good hospital for antenatal and birthing
Please any ideas mummies...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by justifiedcoyy(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2021
threegees:

I perfectly understand you, sir.
However, brace it up next time, and try as much as possible to encourage her while she brings forth.
Na two of una do the dance, you sef suppose dey there see as e dey be. You get?
My love to wifey and LO grin
Thank you.

I'll take 4 years break at least. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hazel01(f): 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2021
Good evening mamas........ Special greetings to September mamas, how is it going?

I have been having sharp pains in the lower abdomen when I stand after sitting for long, sometimes after after lying down and when I take bike I feel the pains there while walking and it can last for a long time. I complained today at the hospital, and my doctor gave me painkillers. Any other person experiencing this pain?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
[quote author=AbbynHummy post=103695240][/quote]
Thanks so much for responding
She's already on treatment

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2021
Thanks. Please share if you have it.
Trippleblessing:

You can start teaching her even before she clocked 2. Ask Zaynie, I have seen her shared some DIY on sex education for children. It helps to build a conscious awareness of not allowing anyone touch them as well too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nzlove: 2:40am On Jul 15, 2021
Senorita222:
Good evening mummies
Please a friend of mine landed Enugu newly
Seriously seeking for good hospital for antenatal and birthing
Please any ideas mummies...

It depends on which part of Enugu she is, if you can share it I might be able to suggest. There are popular ones but they might be too far from where she is staying.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nzlove: 2:52am On Jul 15, 2021
hazel01:
Good evening mamas........ Special greetings to September mamas, how is it going?

I have been having sharp pains in the lower abdomen when I stand after sitting for long, sometimes after after lying down and when I take bike I feel the pains there while walking and it can last for a long time. I complained today at the hospital, and my doctor gave me painkillers. Any other person experiencing this pain?

Sorry mama, it might be your own pregnancy package. I usually feel pain in my lower side tummy especially while walking a little distance too. Then it always stops on its own, maybe it will stop when you take medication.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YummySuits(f): 6:23am On Jul 15, 2021
justifiedcoyy:

Cc
Ayauche

Lol, this is very funny. I think I can understand why you ran away��. But try to brace up for next time. She will draw strength from your presence.

DH was with me all through and I was really glad because holding him gave me the "push" to push�� even though he chop small beating from me and I nearly bit him.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by justifiedcoyy(m): 7:19am On Jul 15, 2021
YummySuits:

Lol, this is very funny. I think I can understand why you ran away��. But try to brace up for next time. She will draw strength from your presence.

DH was with me all through and I was really glad because holding him gave me the "push" to push�� even though he chop small beating from me and I nearly bit him.
I really wanted to but mehn, those hours were the longest of my life.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:07am On Jul 15, 2021
justifiedcoyy:
Thank you.

I'll take 4 years break at least. Lol

You'll do better next time.
Just try to brace up for it

For our first child, my husband ran far away and pushed my sisters to me. He said hearing me scream was terrifying and he thought I was going to die so he ran away. Lol.

For our second child, she came in the midnight and only one of my sisters was around so he had to alternate with her. Baby also came in a funny way so he didn't really play an active part, only to run up and down buying drugs and blood.

For our 3rd child, it was just me and him. No where to hide. He held my hands and rubbed my back. Held me to climb down the stairs to go to the hospital and supported me to climb up the stairs to the labour room.
The baby came too fast for the nurse (the other workers went to prep and get my file and previous results) and my husband assisted the nurse with my birth. The child practically fell in his hands.
If he wasn't there, the nurse wouldn't have coped enough because she and I were screaming "help!!" so the other Dr and nurses could come over. My child was born blue and not breathing and the nurse had to instruct him on what to do in order to get the baby out.
After the baby was born, they rushed her to the NICU to resuscitate her and left me all alone. I was bleeding heavily and feeling light headed but I was screaming my lungs out for my child. I asked him to go with the child but he chose to stay by my side to calm me down.
Told me to keep calm because my BP was already high in pregnancy. Held my hands and told me our child will be fine. Peeped in to see the child crying and assured me she's alive.
I honestly don't know how things would have turned out if he hadn't been around.

I believe his first and second time were training period for when we would really need it.

Don't beat yourself up, your wife and baby are fine. But next time, face your fear and stand till the end.

Till date, my husband calls me a witch whenever I flog any of my kids, including the 3rd one. He says he remembers her birth vividly and that how can I go through so much pain and still have the mind to beat them.

Me: Na today? grin

34 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by justifiedcoyy(m): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2021
zaynie:

For our first child, my husband ran far away and pushed my sisters to me. He said hearing me scream was terrifying and he thought I was going to die so he ran away. Lol.

For our second child, she came in the midnight and only one of my sisters was around so he had to alternate with her. Baby also came in a funny way so he didn't really play an active part, only to run up and down buying drugs and blood.

For our 3rd child, it was just me and him. No where to hide. He held my hands and rubbed my back. Held me to climb down the stairs to go to the hospital and supported me to climb up the stairs to the labour room.
The baby came too fast for the nurse (the other workers went to prep and get my file and previous results) and my husband assisted the nurse with my birth. The child practically fell in his hands.
If he wasn't there, the nurse wouldn't have coped enough because she and I were screaming "help!!" so the other Dr and nurses could come over. My child was born blue and not breathing and the nurse had to instruct him on what to do in order to get the baby out.
After the baby was born, they rushed her to the NICU to resuscitate her and left me all alone. I was bleeding heavily and feeling light headed but I was screaming my lungs out for my child. I asked him to go with the child but he chose to stay by my side to calm me down.
Told me to keep calm because my BP was already high in pregnancy. Held my hands and told me our child will be fine. Peeped in to see the child crying and assured me she's alive.
I honestly don't know how things would have turned out if he hadn't been around.

I believe his first and second time were training period for when we would really need it.

Don't beat yourself up, your wife and baby are fine. But next time, face your fear and stand till the end.

Till date, my husband calls me a witch whenever I flog any of my kids, including the 3rd one. He says he remembers her birth vividly and that how can I go through so much pain and still have the mind to beat them.

I will be ready by next time. To think I scheduled my leave to be around during the birth of our son only to run away when it was time. Lol.

I am just glad everything ended well.

Na Man your husband be grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hazel01(f): 11:16am On Jul 15, 2021
Nzlove:

Sorry mama, it might be your own pregnancy package. I usually feel pain in my lower side tummy especially while walking a little distance too. Then it always stops on its own, maybe it will stop when you take medication.
Lol at pregnancy package. It stops too after a while...it started this week.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by frances01: 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
I entered 19weeks today, when can i start feeling my baby's movement?
I'm a FTM

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kennybelle: 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
frances01:
I'm a FTM

Movements usually starts from around 16 weeks (or earlier for some mothers). So, you should start feeling that butterfly movements now or soonest.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IamGreen1(f): 5:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
zaynie:

Wow I love this because, story for the gods ( for the last part), my husband can't stand me feeding my daughter while crying nor scolding her with a finger. I always push him away maybe because he was there too. These men sef cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IamGreen1(f): 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
frances01:
I'm a FTM

Your baby is already kicking you but since you're a FTM mum you won't know until the kicks start with full force. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krystalluv(f): 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2021
frances01:
I'm a FTM

Your baby started moving already but you've not noticed it. I started feeling baby's movements the first day I entered week 14, I was surprised bcs I'm a ftm and thought it was just my mind thinking so until the movements became regular and 'heavier' now. We'll be 19 weeks in two days time.
The movements were usually when I lie on my tummy to sleep at night, but now I feel it even when standing during the day. Just watch out, you will feel it soon!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krystalluv(f): 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
Good evening mamas, hope everyone is doing fine?
Pls I have few questions to ask about buying baby items.
1. Pls which type of baby wardrobe is better? Wooden or plastic? I have the wooden one in mind but majority of people I see around me here use plastic. At first I thought it was the price, but when I went for window shopping, I noticed d wooden one isn't as expensive. Pls which is more durable? Why do people prefer the plastic to the already-made wooden?

2. I need suggestion on baby hanger, why don't I see people buy baby hangers anymore? Is it that it doesn't last long or they just prefer to use the normal cloth line or they use washing machine to dry their baby clothes? Abi na my area people no like baby hanger?

3. Baby body care. Natural (ori, coconut oil, black soap, etc) abi oyinbo body care? Pls which is better?

4. Breast pump; is it so necessary? I'm planning EBF as those nurses are encouraging us to try it and mummy is saying she did it for me, I should do it too. Though still planning how to do that with work since I can't take baby to work.
Thanks in anticipation.
And pls any other tip or suggestion about baby things you think will benefit ftm like us. Like things not so important that we might end up not using or anything, pls tell us.

Safe delivery to us all.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2021
1. For me, I use a wooden wardrobe. When I gave birth to my first child, I bought a plastic one but later changed and built a wooden wardrobe. I prefer the wooden wardrobe.
2. I use hanger for my baby clothes o. It lasts. Infact, I don't dry my baby's clothes outside.
3. I used more of Ori and coconut oil for my baby. Will maintain same for this baby. I hope to get original.
4. To me I feel breast pump is necessary. You never can tell. When I gave birth back in 2018, I could not lactate. Tried all I could. Hubby had to go buy a breast pump to help. In the interim, I started giving baby formula cos i couldn't afford to see her hungry. For some, they are lucky enough that breast milk comes without much stress. However, I will still advise you buy so that you can pump when you go to work. Some people even pump at work and refrigerate cos your breast begins to hurt if it's heavy and baby hasn't sucked for a while.

Hope I was able to help a bit. undecided
Krystalluv:
Good evening mamas, hope everyone is doing fine?
Pls I have few questions to ask about buying baby items.
1. Pls which type of baby wardrobe is better? Wooden or plastic? I have the wooden one in mind but majority of people I see around me here use plastic. At first I thought it was the price, but when I went for window shopping, I noticed d wooden one isn't as expensive. Pls which is more durable? Why do people prefer the plastic to the already-made wooden?

2. I need suggestion on baby hanger, why don't I see people buy baby hangers anymore? Is it that it doesn't last long or they just prefer to use the normal cloth line or they use washing machine to dry their baby clothes? Abi na my area people no like baby hanger?

3. Baby body care. Natural (ori, coconut oil, black soap, etc) abi oyinbo body care? Pls which is better?

4. Breast pump; is it so necessary? I'm planning EBF as those nurses are encouraging us to try it and mummy is saying she did it for me, I should do it too. Though still planning how to do that with work since I can't take baby to work.
Thanks in anticipation.
And pls any other tip or suggestion about baby things you think will benefit ftm like us. Like things not so important that we might end up not using or anything, pls tell us.

Safe delivery to us all.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
IamGreen1:

Wow I love this because, story for the gods ( for the last part), my husband can't stand me feeding my daughter while crying nor scolding her with a finger. I always push him away maybe because he was there too. These men sef cheesy

cheesy cheesy
They're all softies, really.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ify15(f): 12:19am On Jul 16, 2021
Good morning mummies.Please was anyone treated with pyrimenthamine for malaria?
My doc gave it to me today as part of my anti malaria medications, i don't know why i am skeptical on taking it.I even tried to Google it to know how safe it is in pregnancy but i am not satisfied with the answers i got.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6201) (6202) (6203) (6204) (6205) (6206) (6207) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Gratefulheart2(f), omotolly22(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.