Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8123218 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6360) (6361) (6362) (6363) (6364) (6365) (6366) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Uririandme: 9:45am On Jan 17, 2022
Bestmotherr:
Good evening my mother's in the house, happy Sunday. My mother's I want to ask if pregnant woman can collect covid- 19 vaccine?

We were told during antenatal not to take yet. I also came across some health people administering the vaccine somewhere. They too said they were instructed not to give pregnant women as well as breastfeeding mothers.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by teebee22(f): 10:06am On Jan 17, 2022
Good morning belleful mama, Am so worried. Pls any mama who has given birth after having preeclampsia resulting to C section in a previous pregnancy.... Pls how did your second pregnancy go?. I need advice cos am so scared right now. Just cleared my doubt after seeing the double red lines. �

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 10:42am On Jan 17, 2022
Bestmotherr:
Good evening my mother's in the house, happy Sunday. My mother's I want to ask if pregnant woman can collect covid- 19 vaccine?

In Nigeria, the government restricts pregnant women from taking it, i.e not allowed/permitted to take it

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 10:49am On Jan 17, 2022
teebee22:
Good morning belleful mama, Am so worried. Pls any mama who has given birth after having preeclampsia resulting to C section in a previous pregnancy.... Pls how did your second pregnancy go?. I need advice cos am so scared right now. Just cleared my doubt after seeing the double red lines. �

Congratulations Sis, There is nothing to be worried about sis, just relax your mind, you and baby will be fine

how long ago did you have the last/previous CS? as far as i know if it is below 18months interval between last cs and next conception, most Dr's will opt for cs for delivery according to them to avoid uterine rupture, but from 18months and above you maybe considered for a VBAC (vagin.l birth after CS).

for the preeclampsia, i would advise you start working towards prevention this time around as there is a risk of having it occur in subsequent pregnancies ( not your portion again in Jesus Name), but work closely with your Dr.

All the best sis

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 10:57am On Jan 17, 2022
Uririandme:

Thanks for the warm welcome mama. May God grant our desires n make the journey easy for us. I'm watching with keen interest, who'd win the contest on baby's arrival date grin
I don't mind porting with you to April though tongue
Amen... Lol, I'd like to win oo.. How will he be wishing me extra 2 days in the name of birthday baby when I can go 2 weeks earlier and also gave my bday baby. Porting is allowed ooo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Expectantmom: 11:38am On Jan 17, 2022
Towerofgrace:

Hello Sweetsis, i am kuku good oo and LO is definitely jumping upandan, thank God for his mercies.

Trust you and LO are doing good also
Thank God for that. Yes o we are there waddling in God's grace

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shutupareyouGOD: 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
How do we negotiate when even half the price is still too high…something I got 2k on jumia recently…and about 2500 at the store
cibey12:
The price is negotiable

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shutupareyouGOD: 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2022
As in…even if you want to add to profit…fear God ….well except it’s not the regular mosquito net but a special one
FlowerGirl040:
E shock me too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaDG: 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2022
MorningStar233:

I really can't tell o, but I know a nursing mothers who didn't collect because she's still breast feeding.
my pregnant friend left for uk for delivery and she told me she was exempted from getting the vaccine.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2022
shutupareyouGOD:
As in…even if you want to add to profit…fear God ….well except it’s not the regular mosquito net but a special one
Abi o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
shutupareyouGOD:
it better b special net... Mosquito net dt me used to get 4 free... Mayb it is those designer ones sha... We cant say... But if na d one wey b say hospital sef dey give 4 free... Mba ooo!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 3:34pm On Jan 17, 2022
MamaDG:
my pregnant friend left for uk for delivery and she told me she was exempted from getting the vaccine.
pregnant women r getting vaccinated all over uk, sm even gt d 3rd booster sef but i wont advice pregnant women to gt it sha undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by teebee22(f): 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2022
Thanks... Last CS is about 19 to 20 months. Any thing to avoid eating at this point cos I think I should just be less than 2weeks gone.
I didn't know peeping into this group can make someone pregnant o. embarassed
Towerofgrace:

Congratulations Sis, There is nothing to be worried about sis, just relax your mind, you and baby will be fine

how long ago did you have the last/previous CS? as far as i know if it is below 18months interval between last cs and next conception, most Dr's will opt for cs for delivery according to them to avoid uterine rupture, but from 18months and above you maybe considered for a VBAC (vagin.l birth after CS).

for the preeclampsia, i would advise you start working towards prevention this time around as there is a risk of having it occur in subsequent pregnancies ( not your portion again in Jesus Name), but work closely with your Dr.

All the best sis

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Senorita222(f): 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2022
Good evening mommies...I want to rant ooo
As a first time mom things haven't been easy for me ooo
Mommies that birthed through CS please how do you heal? My abdomen hurts @10days...do you tie your tummy or use any postpartum belt?
Mommies,where you given any drugs like Abidec or ampiclox drop for baby?
How about breast milk?
I'm not lactating well so I'm supporting with Nan...do I need to give baby water...he hasn't pooped for 4days now

So worried and depressed.. Please help me out
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Halcyon123(f): 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2022
Senorita222:
Mommies that birthed through CS please how do you heal? My abdomen hurts @10days...do you tie your tummy or use any postpartum belt?
How about breast milk?
I'm not lactating well so I'm supporting with Nan...do I need to give baby water...he hasn't pooped for 4days now

Please give him water,I guess he is constipated. Since you are giving nan not just breastmilk, giving water is strongly advised. Try some food like pap,tea,some say bitter leaf soup too,till milk supply is established then you can switch to exclusive if that is your goal. Please, don't forget to give warm water to baby after every formula feed.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunnybaby: 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2022
Senorita222:
How about breast milk?

Hmmmmm,after birth is another journey entirely. I also had C.S and my stomach pained me for a few days after which I was fine. Baby is 5 weeks today and what I feel at the site is numbness and a little pain above the incision. Pls don't even think about thing tummy for now,if your stomach wasn't big pre pregnancy then it will go back to normal some weeks after delivery. Mine is 85% back and this is my third delivery though first C.S. I took warm water till baby clocked a month last Thursday and I bathe with warm water. I also wash the incision site with warm soapy water and place a small towel that I dip in warm water on it,after that I clean the place with cotton wool and spirit. Am still taking vitamin C also.
I can say God has been good because am back to my normal activities already.
Best of luck

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunnybaby: 10:00pm On Jan 17, 2022
Mmmmm,you see this mother when,ko easy rara. May God help us to reap the fruits of our labour. Breast pump has been frustrating itself,I ordered a single manual pump thinking,the one I had was faulty buy now I know that pumping milk is not as easy as I thought. I never had any reason to do this in my previous pregnancies cos I wasn't working but now that am in school,I have to. I have resumed because I have exams in few weeks time and I wish to breastfeed my DH exclusively like her brothers but it's not looking achievable as what I pump is not much.
Pls any help or I should buy formula? If only I can do 3 months exclusive for her. I leave her with my mum while I go to school.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatlinda(f): 2:55am On Jan 18, 2022
Pls my baby of 6weeks has not gone to toilet for 4 days now I don't know what to do. I feed her with breast milk and water. Someone should pls answer me should I be worried or it is normal. She farts alot too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by successhungry: 6:19am On Jan 18, 2022
greatlinda:
Pls my baby of 6weeks has not gone to toilet for 4 days now I don't know what to do. I feed her with breast milk and water. Someone should pls answer me should I be worried or it is normal. She farts alot too

Hi,mama. Farting means there's poo and gas in there.
Get a single match stick,wrap cotton wool round it a little bit,dip it inside mentholatum.
Place the baby face down on your lap.
Gently reflect the bum
Insert the stick gently. Not too deep inside the anus.
Run warm water with your palm between the butt in a way that it would run through the anus. Baby starts to fart very well.
Now,turn the baby to face you. Make sure there's a bath right under his/her butt.
Rock the legs gently like you are riding a bicycle.
Watch how poo will fly out. The baby may find it uncomfortable and may cry because she/he is constipated.
You need to increase your water and fruits intake. I kept eating bread as a breastfeeding mom then; my baby was severely constipated.

Cc: senorita

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatlinda(f): 7:47am On Jan 18, 2022
Tnx ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatlinda(f): 7:47am On Jan 18, 2022
successhungry:

Get a single match stick,wrap cotton wool round it a little bit,dip it inside mentholatum.
Gently reflect the bum
Run warm water with your palm between the butt in a way that it would run through the anus. Baby starts to fart very well.
Now,turn the baby to face you. Make sure there's a bath right under his/her butt.
Watch how poo will fly out. The baby may find it uncomfortable and may cry because she/he is constipated.
You need to increase your water and fruits intake. I kept eating bread as a breastfeeding mom then; my baby was severely constipated.
Tnx ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 9:03am On Jan 18, 2022
successhungry:

Gently reflect the bum

Waooo what a detailed explanation, thanks ma...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Halcyon123(f): 10:04am On Jan 18, 2022
greatlinda:
If she is exclusively breastfed, no need for water and is common for babies that are exclusively breastfed to stay that long without pass out poo cause breastmilk is more of water. Please don't insert anything in babies but,she will poo. Breatmilk is more of water so baby don't need water after each feed except you are giving formula.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beautyuche: 10:35am On Jan 18, 2022
Good Morning Mama in the House.

I am trying not to read too much like i did with my first.
I am 28 weeks gone and have numbness or tingling fingers. read it is as a result of excess water in the body but my feet are not swolen nor my hand but this numbness in my fingers is very uncomfortable.
Please help.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatlinda(f): 10:43am On Jan 18, 2022
Halcyon123:

If she is exclusively breastfed, no need for water and is common for babies that are exclusively breastfed to stay that long without pass out poo cause breastmilk is more of water. Please don't insert anything in babies but,she will poo. Breatmilk is more of water so baby don't need water after each feed except you are giving formula.
Tnx ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 10:52am On Jan 18, 2022
Finally gathered courage to use pregnacare today even tho I'm 18weeks gone, fear still dey catch Me. I've been restless since morning that I took it sef.
Reason is that I lost my last pregnacy at 4weeks (quite early) a day after using pregnatone (maybe I used it too early, it might not even be as a result of the drugs sef).

Now that am pregnant again i felt maybe all this oyibo pregnancy strong drugs isn't for me. But the normal hospital routine drugs was making my heart palpitate soooo much and I had to stop them and was using only forlic acid. Asked all the young mother's and pregnant women around me and they all said they use pregnacare so I Decided to buy it.

Atleast at 4months the baby should be strong enough for the drugs nah. Plus I asked my doctor if I could use it and she maliciously said 'i don't know oo, it's a personal decision for you to make, nah ur baby sad and then she said, imagine u have money to buy a 5k drugs when u didn't pay for your last consultation fee shocked

Anyways End of rant. God help me.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by teebee22(f): 11:04am On Jan 18, 2022
teebee22:
Thanks... Last CS is about 19 to 20 months. Any thing to avoid eating at this point cos I think I should just be less than 2weeks gone.
pls somebody help me. embarassed[url][/url] cry cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 11:10am On Jan 18, 2022
teebee22:
hello sis, take lots of fruits fruits and fruits and fresh vegetables. Don't forget to take your folic acid too.
Avoid tea, Lipton and caffenated drinks in general, alcohol and surgery stuffs too.
Just try to eat healthy. And avoid stress. Don't lift heavy objects too. Just treat yourself like a baby. God help you ijn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Senorita222(f): 11:44am On Jan 18, 2022
Halcyon123:

Please give him water,I guess he is constipated. Since you are giving nan not just breastmilk, giving water is strongly advised. Try some food like pap,tea,some say bitter leaf soup too,till milk supply is established then you can switch to exclusive if that is your goal. Please, don't forget to give warm water to baby after every formula feed.

Thank you so much ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Senorita222(f): 11:47am On Jan 18, 2022
dunnybaby:

Hmmmmm,after birth is another journey entirely. I also had C.S and my stomach pained me for a few days after which I was fine. Baby is 5 weeks today and what I feel at the site is numbness and a little pain above the incision. Pls don't even think about thing tummy for now,if your stomach wasn't big pre pregnancy then it will go back to normal some weeks after delivery. Mine is 85% back and this is my third delivery though first C.S. I took warm water till baby clocked a month last Thursday and I bathe with warm water. I also wash the incision site with warm soapy water and place a small towel that I dip in warm water on it,after that I clean the place with cotton wool and spirit. Am still taking vitamin C also.
I can say God has been good because am back to my normal activities already.
Best of luck

Thank you so much ma
I'm encouraged
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 11:51am On Jan 18, 2022
teebee22:
I was told it is risky to try again.
I don't even intend to. I don't know anyone who had a baby after preeclampsia, too.

Just put God first and have faith that all will be well this time.
If it's less than 18 months before your conception, please follow doctor's advice and plan for another section.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 1:02pm On Jan 18, 2022
dunnybaby:
Mmmmm,you see this mother when,ko easy rara. May God help us to reap the fruits of our labour. Breast pump has been frustrating itself,I ordered a single manual pump thinking,the one I had was faulty buy now I know that pumping milk is not as easy as I thought. I never had any reason to do this in my previous pregnancies cos I wasn't working but now that am in school,I have to. I have resumed because I have exams in few weeks time and I wish to breastfeed my DH exclusively like her brothers but it's not looking achievable as what I pump is not much.
Pls any help or I should buy formula? If only I can do 3 months exclusive for her. I leave her with my mum while I go to school.
It seems the electric pump is really better than the manual one. I remember how my sis then would press and press and press the manual something.. If you can get the electric pump, there's one that is double sef for the two breast at the same time. It is a little expensive but if it won't strain your pocket, get it but if it will, I'll suggest you get formula (the quantity of formula you will get from that same money is plenty)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6360) (6361) (6362) (6363) (6364) (6365) (6366) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.