Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8122903 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6491) (6492) (6493) (6494) (6495) (6496) (6497) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 10:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
Comanche:

I use veet hair removal cream. So I just apply it all through 10 minutes before bath and I wipe off the hair residue with tissue then bath.
Just hearing of such,hmm I will tell hubby to look for it and give it a try,thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 10:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
Omakraid:

Haa, mine was practically begging to help me shave it but cos I was using razor, I didn't give him. He kukuma started monitoring the shaving and started telling me where I've shaved and where I haven't
Awwn ur hubby is really caring but mama razor!!!! U get mind oo I can't try DAT one
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AdedoyinO(f): 11:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
MorningStar233:
Good morning mamas, since I took in I have only taken fancidar once, and it was terrible, that was December. I complained about it around January when I went for Antenatal and they stopped giving me, mosquitoes bite me from time to time and this gives me little worries... should I damn the side effect and just take fancidar? Although a doctor said since I react badly to it they will just treat me if malaria comes instead of giving me fancidar. To be frank I don't want to take that fancidar, pls is there any other type given to any mama during Antenatal care that is better than fancidar?

Ask your doctor anti-malaria Progranuil (Reludrine). It's an alternative to Fansidar . You can Google the drug too

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Comanche(f): 11:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
Omakraid:

I don't know the kind of root the hair in my pubic region has, veet no dey comot am. Even if it stays more than 10minutes.

Haha cheesy...They have different types. Maybe some work better than others. This is the one I use below. ...Works like magic for me and it’s super convenient cause I don’t even have to see down there. I just feel for hair and apply.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 1:14am On Mar 26, 2022
Comanche:

Congratulations on your baby. Please did you bathe him in the African way with palm oil when you got home from the hospital? Also how often (and how did you manage the bathing) do you bathe him considering his circumcision and belly button?
tnk u... Oh yes... I bath him once with palm oil since den till now i just bath him with only water n use white cloth to rub his body without soup to avoid rashes only once a day.... When his skin is less sensitive will start using soup for him... How i manage? Lol i summon courage lol... Bought dis comfortable baby bath tub dt baby can sleep in so it can b easy 4 both me n baby... I avoid his belle button as possible as i can by not pourin too much water on it.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Comanche(f): 2:04am On Mar 26, 2022
kokaiye:
tnk u... Oh yes... I bath him once with palm oil since den till now i just bath him with only water n use white cloth to rub his body without soup to avoid rashes only once a day.... When his skin is less sensitive will start using soup for him... How i manage? Lol i summon courage lol... Bought dis comfortable baby bath tub dt baby can sleep in so it can b easy 4 both me n baby... I avoid his belle button as possible as i can by not pourin too much water on it.

Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 1stymom(f): 2:31am On Mar 26, 2022
Mummytoo:
Lemme share my testimony

Prrrraaaaiiissseeeeee the Lord

My testimony goes like this, I started stooling from monday 5:00am when I say stooling, I visit the toilet every hour, I took ORS, no way!

On Wednesday morning I took thalazole tablet, no way!

On Thursday morning I took raw akamu, no way!

It got worse and worse

Changed my water, no way!

I also want to appreciate all the mamas helping me and encouraging me

It wasn't easy making the toilet ur office

Friday early morning I chewed one seed of arigo (that brown seed we use to cook) swallowed the water and poured out d chaff

My fellow mamas for more than 14hrs now, no more stooling, it has stopped o

Thank u all, I felt loved and supported

I'm finally free

Thank you God

Halleluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuujahhhh!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:35am On Mar 26, 2022
Comanche:

Haha cheesy...They have different types. Maybe some work better than others. This is the one I use below. ...Works like magic for me and it’s super convenient cause I don’t even have to see down there. I just feel for hair and apply.
Haven't tried this type but it's now on my screenshot. Thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:36am On Mar 26, 2022
ladyrachy:

Awwn ur hubby is really caring but mama razor!!!! U get mind oo I can't try DAT one
A friend taught me how to shave my armpit using razor when I was an undergrad and now I'm pro, lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pyzdan: 6:37am On Mar 26, 2022
Good morning mamas in the house, I am back after 2017. I am team August, Edd 23rd.
I had my 18 week scan on Monday, and the sonographer said my placenta is low lying but will move up as baby grows. Am worried. has anyone have this experience before?

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:10am On Mar 26, 2022
dacblogger:
Hello Mamas, how una dey? Insomnia is dealing with me Sha plus groin abi pelvic pain, DNT know which word to use for it...

Like I shared my story here,my pregnancy was unplanned ,I didn't even notice I was pregnant until an old woman drew my attention to it.
I wanted to cry when I found out cos this year is the toughest for me and my family plus hubby lost his job and all Nd we already have 2kids...my mumsy come sick join(breast cancer).
I didn't know how to break the news to my mum cos she already knows what we are passing through with the economy and all.. I just kept it to myself waiting to tell her after her surgery..
Luckily for me,my stomach is not on the big side..
She had her breast removal surgery last week Monday and I still didn't know how to break the news to her and I have been visiting her all this while plus I am beginning to show cos I'm almost 6months gone...
What she did shocked me today..
Note:she is a retired nurse...
Normally,after surgery,they gave her a whole of drugs to take, this woman just brought out the bag of drugs they gave her and gave me the folic acid telling me that she doesn't want to take it ,I should take the medicine.
Just then, I knew that she already noticed nd she knows I DNT know how to break the news to her..
I felt like crying cos all this while I have not been taking my routine drugs plus I am yet to register for antenatal ..
Mother's are simply the best. God should bless my mum and keep her alive for me.
Just felt like pouring out my heart here cos I practically have no one else to share this with smiley..
Sorry for the long read nd please overlook the typographical errors.
Amen, her silence speaks a thousand words... She knows this is not a period of discouragement or asking questions like why now and she also knows that whatever is beyond humans should be left to God to cater for... Now that you know she knows, talk to her...

God will keep her for you, keep your family and make way for you and your husband.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:14am On Mar 26, 2022
kokaiye:
Weldone, you are trying..

Any day I can't sleep you will send me this tub oo so I can sleep in it. Its not only your LO that will be enjoying sleep inside tub ooo...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:17am On Mar 26, 2022
pyzdan:
Good morning mamas in the house, I am back after 2017. I am team August, Edd 23rd.
I had my 18 week scan on Monday, and the sonographer said my placenta is low lying but will move up as baby grows. Am worried. has anyone have this experience before?
Please don't be worried ma, Google says exactly what your sono has said and you can also confirm with your doc.. As your uterus moves up, the placenta also moves... Just ensure that you avoid anything stressful and avoid bending and lifting heavy items..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytoo: 7:18am On Mar 26, 2022
dacblogger:
Hello Mamas, how una dey? Insomnia is dealing with me Sha plus groin abi pelvic pain, DNT know which word to use for it...

Like I shared my story here,my pregnancy was unplanned ,I didn't even notice I was pregnant until an old woman drew my attention to it.
I wanted to cry when I found out cos this year is the toughest for me and my family plus hubby lost his job and all Nd we already have 2kids...my mumsy come sick join(breast cancer).
I didn't know how to break the news to my mum cos she already knows what we are passing through with the economy and all.. I just kept it to myself waiting to tell her after her surgery..
Luckily for me,my stomach is not on the big side..
She had her breast removal surgery last week Monday and I still didn't know how to break the news to her and I have been visiting her all this while plus I am beginning to show cos I'm almost 6months gone...
What she did shocked me today..
Note:she is a retired nurse...
Normally,after surgery,they gave her a whole of drugs to take, this woman just brought out the bag of drugs they gave her and gave me the folic acid telling me that she doesn't want to take it ,I should take the medicine.
Just then, I knew that she already noticed nd she knows I DNT know how to break the news to her..
I felt like crying cos all this while I have not been taking my routine drugs plus I am yet to register for antenatal ..
Mother's are simply the best. God should bless my mum and keep her alive for me.
Just felt like pouring out my heart here cos I practically have no one else to share this with smiley..
Sorry for the long read nd please overlook the typographical errors.

It is well

Children are blessings from the Lord, ❤

God will see you through

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytoo: 7:23am On Mar 26, 2022
pyzdan:

Welcome back
Cast all fears out, everything will be fine
Just smile and enjoy the moment
Always pray too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dacblogger: 7:36am On Mar 26, 2022
Omakraid:

Amen, her silence speaks a thousand words... She knows this is not a period of discouragement or asking questions like why now and she also knows that whatever is beyond humans should be left to God to cater for... Now that you know she knows, talk to her...

God will keep her for you, keep your family and make way for you and your husband.
Amen... Thanks much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dacblogger: 7:37am On Mar 26, 2022
Mummytoo:

It is well

Children are blessings from the Lord, ❤

God will see you through
Amen.thanks much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 7:56am On Mar 26, 2022
kokaiye:
Pls question relating to this.
1.Did u use the palm oil they sell in African shops or a diff type dey ? 2.did u bath him with the palm oil even with the umbilical cord or after the cord broke off 3. What kind of sponge do use for that palmnoil bathing,

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 8:18am On Mar 26, 2022
Omakraid:

Weldone, you are trying..

Any day I can't sleep you will send me this tub oo so I can sleep in it. Its not only your LO that will be enjoying sleep inside tub ooo...
Hehehehe... My baby is not stingy, holla wen u r ready grin grin .... He will surely do giveaway.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 8:35am On Mar 26, 2022
miracletoday:

Pls question relating to this.
1.Did u use the palm oil they sell in African shops or a diff type dey ? 2.did u bath him with the palm oil even with the umbilical cord or after the cord broke off 3. What kind of sponge do use for that palmnoil bathing,
i used palmoil i bought frm african shop... Even thou i was advice not to bath him wit d umbilocal cord... D white stuff babies come wit just didnt sit well wit me, i was eager to wash it off... So i did just dt immediately i got home, wen d midwife dt came to visit me asked if i bath us already, i said no ooo... Mk dem no go report me 4 social service lol.... I didnt use sponge... I just use small white cloth lik bib to wash his body with warm water n johnson cotton touch bath n wash soup to wash d palmoil away, i only use d soup once cs of d palmoil oil off... Then i use coconut oil to rub his enter body... Dasol ooo. 4 d umbilical cord... Avoid water touching it n use spirit to clean it... D tin will dry up immediately n come right off.... I used dis spirit below to clean baby's cord, n its off d forth day.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dacblogger: 8:36am On Mar 26, 2022
ladyrachy:
July mamas all of u shud start coming out oo am sure the way u mamas are quiet ur baby is not so quiet ;Dabeg make una show face small let's know how many we be so we fit choose cappo
Team July here...
Seems we are not much here..
Edd July 17.
Sex: hopefully xx cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pyzdan: 9:58am On Mar 26, 2022
Omakraid:

Please don't be worried ma, Google says exactly what your sono has said and you can also confirm with your doc.. As your uterus moves up, the placenta also moves... Just ensure that you avoid anything stressful and avoid bending and lifting heavy items..

thank you ma. I know I will testify
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trippleblessing(f): 11:25am On Mar 26, 2022
kokaiye:
Hehehehe... My baby is not stingy, holla wen u r ready grin grin .... He will surely do giveaway.

You said it yourself ooo.
My address is in your PM, send it down sharp sharp
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Toopee: 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2022
For the mums that were medically induced for labor, can you please share your experiences? The process, pain ratio, how long it took…

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 2:31pm On Mar 26, 2022
AdedoyinO:

Ask your doctor anti-malaria Progranuil (Reludrine). It's an alternative to Fansidar . You can Google the drug too
Thanks dear, I'll do that
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2022
kokaiye:
i used palmoil i bought frm african shop... Even thou i was advice not to bath him wit d umbilocal cord... D white stuff babies come wit just didnt sit well wit me, i was eager to wash it off... So i did just dt immediately i got home, wen d midwife dt came to visit me asked if i bath us already, i said no ooo... Mk dem no go report me 4 social service lol.... I didnt use sponge... I just use small white cloth lik bib to wash his body with warm water n johnson cotton touch bath n wash soup to wash d palmoil away, i only use d soup once cs of d palmoil oil off... Then i use coconut oil to rub his enter body... Dasol ooo. 4 d umbilical cord... Avoid water touching it n use spirit to clean it... D tin will dry up immediately n come right off.... I used dis spirit below to clean baby's cord, n its off d forth day.
Come, Let me kiss your forehead. God bless u for this So detailed.U don becom pro, shey I will not park to your place like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 4:08pm On Mar 26, 2022
Trippleblessing:

You said it yourself ooo.
My address is in your PM, send it down sharp sharp
lol... Ok ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2022
miracletoday:

Come, Let me kiss your forehead. God bless u for this So detailed.U don becom pro, shey I will not park to your place like this.
lol... Mrs miracletoday *singing* carry ur own canoe x2, i ve nobidy to comfort me so......!!! I just carry my own canoe!!!!! Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 5:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
Toopee:
For the mums that were medically induced for labor, can you please share your experiences? The process, pain ratio, how long it took…
Everyone's pain threshold is different but to say induction is easy on anyone is to deceive you. It's a maddening pain but hopefully your hospital will give you something to counter the pain at least a little.
Also no one can tell you how long it will take, individual bodies will dilate at different rates.
My own induction experience with my first took about 2 hours because I was already 6cm but not dilating any further for many hours, but in that short time, I saw stars, them no dey describe am.
Just do it if that's what you've been advised to do, you will be alright when you see your baby.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2022
pyzdan:
Welcome to team August.
Don't worry as he said, it'll definitely move.
I'm 18wks as well grin.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2022
My beloved August teamies, we don dey plenty o grin
Starryv
dunpredictable
Pyzdan
Sure we're doing great. Please more August mama's you can quote me let's know ourselves better. April is here already kiss

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by exclusiveoloori: 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
Sassy256:
My beloved August teamies, we don dey plenty o grin
Starryv
dunpredictable
Pyzdan
Sure we're doing great. Please more August mama's you can quote me let's know ourselves better. April is here already kiss

Team August here.

I have been a little worried mamas. I had malaria at 11 weeks and the doctor prescribed armatem. After using for 3 days , I started feeling contractions, pull and bites. Visited UCH and was later prescribed Amodiaquine which I also used for 3 days and was fine. Was just surfing the Internet one day and read that Armatem (Artemether&Lumefantrine) combination shouldn't be taken in first trimester. I guess it explained the contractions and all however, I am perfectly fine now. But I worry for my baby just hope it hasn't affected his or her formation and growth somehow. I asked the doctor why prescribe it if it was contraindicated but he said at 11 weeks, the fetus had formed and wont have any effect. I'm booked for an anormaly scan next week and I'm kind of scared sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6491) (6492) (6493) (6494) (6495) (6496) (6497) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.