Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,168 members, 7,780,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:40 AM

Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members (10063 Views)

Economic Blackmail By Foreigners And Their Protegees / CRISIS | Audu’s Son Alleges Oyegun Is Behind Plot To Steal Late Audu’s Mandate / Tompolo Denies Buying Warships, Alleges Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Nobody: 4:18am On Mar 09, 2012
Dede, eldest son of the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, on Tuesday alleged that family members tried to stop him from participating in the burial rites of his father.
It was believed that Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu (Jnr) was the first son of the ex-Biafra warlord, but Debe, who spoke to THE PUNCH in an interview, disputed that.
He said, “I am the first child and son; nobody can take that away from me. He told our correspondent that the problem in the family had to do with the large estate his grandfather left behind.
Debe said, There have been litigation over the estate my grandfather left behind and other members of my family felt they were going to use the litigation to blackmail me. That is why when they (family members) wanted to see President Goodluck Jonathan over the burial plans they decided to be hostile towards me and ensured that I was not part of the team that visited the President.
“Due to my nature I decided not to allow the hostility impede the burial activities my father, a man I still respect so much even in death.He explained that despite alleged distractions, he ensured he participated in the ceremonies.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/mar/7/818.html
He added, “Despite all they tried to do to me, I was actively involved in the funeral activities. I was very visible in all the states where my father's corpse was taken to for full military honour.The only place I was not actively involved was the burial in our home town, Nnewi. That day, I had to attend to some private issues.He added, “I intend to use equity, justice and peace to hold everybody together.Now that our father is no more, the best way we can honour him is bury the hatchet and live in unity. Ojukwu died in London on November 26, 2011 after a long illness, aged 78.
He was buried in Nnewi, Anambra State on Friday.
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by success4(m): 9:45am On Mar 09, 2012
so what is our business? Family matters joor
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 09, 2012
Igbos wil never have sense, even if there is an internal family rift, must u tell d media, MUMU, he is nt a true son of his father because his father(ojukwu) never talked too much.
Mind u, i am a core ibo
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by VENUSS(f): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2012
whats wrong with this pple, cant they change? as old and educated as they are , they are still fighting over thier g/ fathers propety, cant they be a man and work hard for theres. am sure at this age they are even rich with the influence of thier late father, isnt dat enuogh? ooh the rich are gettin richer and the poor getting poorer! they are so stupid and ignorant. am sure they will tell me they studied abroad nd yet ther arent civilised arguing over who isnt a legitimate son. why didnt ojukwu jnr say it to his fathers face when he was alive. hisssssssssssssssssss
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 09, 2012
Oju-iku's children have started fighting over bianca.nawao
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by gegee(m): 9:53am On Mar 09, 2012
Oju-iku's children have started fighting over bianca.nawao
crackin up grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Ndata(m): 9:55am On Mar 09, 2012
The point id that Ojukwu never married Debe's mother.He was just "love child" born out of wedlock.
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by deshclones(m): 10:00am On Mar 09, 2012
The debe guy is pathetic, why discuss family issues in publi??moreover he left his dad's burial to attend to private business, responsible minds should pay him no heed,

VENUSS:

whats wrong with this pple, cant they change? as old and educated as they are , they are still fighting over thier g/ fathers propety, cant they be a man and work hard for theres. am sure at this age they are even rich with the influence of thier late father, isnt dat enuogh? ooh the rich are gettin richer and the poor getting poorer! they are so silly and ignorant. am sure they will tell me they studied abroad nd yet ther arent civilised arguing over who isnt a legitimate son. why didnt ojukwu jnr say it to his fathers face when he was alive. hisssssssssssssssssss

you spew rubbish like a kid, abiola,FRA williams,fela etc kids are still fighting and killing themselves over their grand dad/dad's properties so its not an igbo thing, wink wink
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Dipwater(m): 10:06am On Mar 09, 2012
Dats one big problem with africans blackman and polygamy a man dat truelly luv his life and wants the best 4 his children shuld nt be involved in polygamy men! make una learn to kip una eyes 4 one place luk at wat happend to abiolas family katakata evri where too much children sef no gud
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 09, 2012
Ndata:

The point id that Ojukwu never married  Debe's mother.He was just "love child" born out of wedlock.

Oju-iku is very promiscous sha.who would have known that he also patronized ashewo joint before he died ?
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Dipwater(m): 10:12am On Mar 09, 2012
Ther is somethng I don't really appreciate here why is dat evri topic wuld be turned into atribal argument one party wuld want to ruin the other mans tribe it has noting to do with tribe
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Sunofgod(m): 10:14am On Mar 09, 2012
So the 'illegitimate Child' has come to claim head of the family.

What 'surname' name is on his birth certificate?

Silly chap - he should have tried to set foot in Nnewi talking that rubbish.

He's already shown his hand - he's only there trying to fight for money and wealth.

He should know the customs - and shut his 'illegitimate mouth'.
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Dipwater(m): 10:14am On Mar 09, 2012
@bluetooth pls growup spit smethng dat makes sense
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Sunofgod(m): 10:16am On Mar 09, 2012
Dipwater:

Ther is somethng I don't really appreciate here why is dat evri topic wuld be turned into atribal argument one party wuld want to ruin the other mans tribe it has noting to do with tribe

Within 2 minutes of this trash being posted it was on 'Front Page'

Part of the NL agenda - to promote tribalsim within its forums.

To Seun, Tribalism = 'Hits/Revenue'
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 09, 2012
Promhize:

Igbos wil never have sense, even if there is an internal family rift, must u tell d media, MUMU, he is nt a true son of his father because his father(ojukwu) never talked too much.
Mind u, i am a core ibo

If truly you are Igbo then you are a disgrace to your family , castigating a whole tribe cos of one incident and one person. Mind you I'm Yoruba
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Baawaa(m): 10:22am On Mar 09, 2012
Sure it must happened,it happened all over the world!!Legal people will take their own shares because court is the place they will settle the matter grin
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by cynthiafred67(f): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2012
This is a family matter.
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by chines4(m): 10:56am On Mar 09, 2012
cynthiafred67:

This is a family matter.

The Dede guy is not a member of Ojukwu family, That is why he was not in Nnewi during the final burial of Ikemba. Ikemba may be his biological father, but it still don't make him a member of the family.

By Nnewi culture a child born out of marriage belongs to the woman's family. So Dede will bear his mothers surname and not Ojukwu. Ojukwu family will not accept him, since they did not pay bride price on his mother's head (ie Ikemba did not marry his mother)
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Ofin11(m): 10:57am On Mar 09, 2012
i dnt knw wetin concern nairalanders with Ojukwu's family matter o, una carry dem mata put 4 head, put una own 4 dustbin
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by crackhouse(m): 11:14am On Mar 09, 2012
Oga hear urself nah. During ur late father's main burial, u left the burial for private business, abi?. Well, that one alone is enough to show that u are not really interested in the burial and it shows that u are not his first son cos there is nothing that will make the first son not to attend his late father's burial letalone a burial of such magnitude. Oga go and relax and stop running around cos ojukwu did not recognise u as his first because if he did, he would have named u Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu jnr instead of the person bearing the name now cos there is no way he will leave his first son and give such a name to his second son. It's not done. I am thinking It will be better u continue with that ur private business.
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Jemibee: 11:14am On Mar 09, 2012
Na wa for this guy oo!! as in, has he exhausted all other possible means to resolve this family crisis before making it public??

Igbos can be funny with their culture u know. Since it has been said that he's a love child and not a legitimate one, my advice is that he ceases to make gest of himself. Stop all this madness and try on your own to make u. Stop dreaming on another's inheritance.
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by crackhouse(m): 11:16am On Mar 09, 2012
Away match pikin.
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:19am On Mar 09, 2012
It is an African Wahala - Greed, Self-Interest and Laziness is often the cause grin A Man of Pride and Maturity should simply base his Destiny on the work/labor of his hands and on some inheritance left-behind. I would have stepped and made something successful of myself, rather than worry about inheritance and family squabbles tongue. but DIM has received far more attention in a few days than his entire life - happen-dey-wetin?
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by ismhab(m): 11:24am On Mar 09, 2012
Let there be a civil war within the family.
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by brainpulse: 11:34am On Mar 09, 2012
You can never throw away your blood no matter how callous events were. If he is the real first blood son to Ojukwu then he is because he has the blood of his fathers in his veins. so nobody should denial him that fact.
This is common among the Ibos, sharing of will and estate, that is when you see those that never labored for the owner will begin to surface to reap where they have not sown and denial the legitimate children the entitlements.
I pity those that are not from their place and marry their Men, because they will maltreat and denial them of their rights.
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by tpia5: 11:38am On Mar 09, 2012
Typical african wahala.

Very common in nigeria too.

Lord have mercy.

This kind of thing never bodes well for families.
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Okijajuju1(m): 11:39am On Mar 09, 2012
Shameful. . . . cry
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by abouzaid: 11:50am On Mar 09, 2012
Hmm, most posters are unusually mature and non tribalistic today, i like the trend, lets continue like that. 9JA, GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION.
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by ifedun2: 11:51am On Mar 09, 2012
Something is really the matter with all these rich people.They go about having kids and fail to put their houses in order before their demise.They will die and leave the living to battle the wahala they created.Nonsense!
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by gegee(m): 12:05pm On Mar 09, 2012
The Dede guy is not a member of Ojukwu family, That is why he was not in Nnewi during the final burial of Ikemba. Ikemba may be his biological father, but it still don't make him a member of the family.

there is nothing like illegitimate child in nigerian law. as long as the father accepted him as hi child he is entitled to every right as other menbers of the family
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by Harbb: 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2012
What's my business?
Re: Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members by noiseless: 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2012
Many years after he(Ikemba) had his wife and children already,then that gold digga woman came forward saying she had child and was claiming Ikemba to be the father many years after they met in london in their teens. He(dede) should have tried a little bit to view material things as vanity the way the man he attempted to claim as the head of his family viewed material things, that shows that Ikemba might have adopted him out of charity and noble gesture, as a true son of Ikemba does not value or give a damn about material things. MR FOOLISH GOLD DIGGA did you get that stiking idea from gowan,danjuma or who?

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum / Goodbye Barcanista-We Will Surely Miss You. / NNPC Completes Payment Of N450 Billion Debt To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.