Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? (24540 Views)

Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Rich4god(m): 6:59am On Mar 13, 2012
In addition, most people are seeking for attention and popularity, in my local parish in kano, i know 2 of our band experts that left the catholic church cos they dont get recognized. Unlike the church one of them is now, after each service, the pastor calls him out in front of every1 to appreciate and praise him for a wonderful band outfit. But you know, in the catholic church, its just the priest and the congregation. No one knows who you are except in your group/society.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by solomto(f): 7:02am On Mar 13, 2012
isunjaba: I had made my comments in what could be seen as in a matured and responsible way. Little did I realize that there are babies who are very parochial, uninformed and untutored on the site. I did not and will not find it necessary to condemn any denomination or group. I laid the source of any weaknesses on the Catholic Church- as a demonstration of humility, but not that we are weak. The Judgement should be left for God.

As a Catholic, I have encountered people at different levels of different denominations or Churches and have not found them living better Christian lives than me.
I have received tens of invitations inviting me to come and become pastor in different Churches, but I proudly and gratefully remain a Catholic. Through my practise of the true and authentic faith in Christ, many Catholics who had left the Church have come back.
The Catholic Church "owns" the bible, died to save it, was persecuted in preserving it over the centuries- close to two thousand years, suffered and was badly tortured in trying to spread the Gospel. So I do not see how a baby born today will feel it reads and understands the bible better its father that is 2000 yrs old, to whom the message was entrusted and has ever since remained custodian of the Truth by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We do not and will never make a public flaunting of our knowledge of the Scriptures nor interpret or apply it for selfish ends. It is not a business tool in our hands, neither do we use it to exploit the ignorant.

By the biblical fact that those who live in fellowship with Christ cannot be separated from God now (Romans 8:31) and will never be separated from this union by death (Rm 8:31, Mark 9:2-13), those who die in Christ continue with the ever ending of fellowship and intercession for the living. Our Lord's encounter with the "dead" Moses and Elijah is a sound proof of the fact that Our God is a God of the living and not of the dead. For this, we do confidently and rightly ask for the intercession of the righteous ones who are sleeping in Christ.
If you can ask your pastor whose future is very much uncertain to pray for you, I do not see why I cannot ask the holy and righteous Children of God- like Mother Mary and other saints to pray for me ( for us - you and I ) and our country Nigeria.
We acknowledge that not every of our officials or priests live 100% upright. But please show me that pastor that lives righteously and does not exploit the poor and hungry members of his Church for his personal development.
good reply
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by solomto(f): 7:05am On Mar 13, 2012
Efehiaea: i guess d youth want 2 involve in sexual sins and avoid d shame of going 2 confession wit d same sin regularly cos d guilt n shame of going 2 confession is part of penanance. By d time u reason dat u sef go cordinate!!!!
i like ths too,funny bt true.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Gsmxpert(m): 7:05am On Mar 13, 2012
I personally left the catholic church where i was an alter boy because I realized that
bowing down before anything made by hand is a sin. The Catholics dont observe that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by honeric01(m): 7:12am On Mar 13, 2012
obicentlis: It is Poverty, unemployment. Taste for quick money that have led them out. They were confused that the will get all these in pentecostal churches but its not true.
The major causes are POVERTY and UNEMPLOYMENT!

poverty? i thought catholic churches give more alms to members and the public than any other churches out there? NO?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by solomto(f): 7:22am On Mar 13, 2012
A lot of positive reasons frm some posters here who truely understood their catholic faith here. Let me just sum it all.
1. The wants to be recognized.(pride)
2. To avoid confessing their sins( just to hv easy access to b commiting d same sin regularly since d cn kneel and say God 4gv me and then go bk to d sin immediately)
3. Where to dress indecently,dance and shake their booty for d male folks.
4. Tired of praying the rosary.
5. Poverty and joblessness(where they wl b working wt d pastor and geting paid bcus they are there to make money.
Let me stop here 4 nw.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Joooo(m): 7:29am On Mar 13, 2012
vb0mb: May be catholic church does not allow half naked dressing.
Catholics dont speak in tongues that nobody will understand.
Catholics are too holy.
Catholics dont perform fake miracles
yu are very correct but the truth of the matter is that the trend in the Catholic church is a convocational thing, and the youth today blive in somuch modality, that the Catholic church has for over a decade preached against.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by antartica(m): 7:40am On Mar 13, 2012
Oyinbo used religion and sports like football and cricket to harmonize their claws on the colonized like you guys worrying about catholics and dem b.ulls.h,it. You guys should start thinking otherwise for you to be free from mental slavery.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ninilowo(m): 7:46am On Mar 13, 2012
Not only catholicc but other orthodox churches. Youths leave these churches cos in the pentecostals there is freedom of dressing, freedom to turn Bible upside down, freedomm to blow whistle while during services, haailing pastor during ministration.etc
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Adekdammy: 7:55am On Mar 13, 2012
frosbel:
spot on
Perfectly stated !!!!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by xynerise: 7:58am On Mar 13, 2012
They claim they have seen the light in other churches and end up in flames in Reverend kings church. grin. No be them they find light. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by ogaibe1(m): 8:08am On Mar 13, 2012
Because most of the priest are child molesters even in nigeria its currently going on and nobody talks about it, all the bishops do is reshuffle them. They act like they are our Gods.and when it comes to chasing women, they are number one, i could imagine how many girls have conducted abortion in nigeria. And the church which am a member is very discriminatory and domineering you have to do exactly as they said or you wount get the service of a priest even at a point of death,I wish the church could have allowed the priests to marry because this people are human beings and needs affection its just they are getting it the wrong way
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by emmerks(m): 8:19am On Mar 13, 2012
Leaving the catholic church is not really the problem. What is happening is as a result of of a paradigm shift which is characterized by a craving for Materialism, hence, the conservative attitude of the catholic church becomes irritating to youths who are carried away by things in vogue. Imagine the way the Bible has been misinterpreted to satisfy the wants of our various pastors, only few are really preaching the Gospel of Christ. The truth is, it is not easy to genuinely serve God, u have to pass 2ru alot.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by calculusx(m): 8:25am On Mar 13, 2012
@ 991 People like you do not pay attention or never attend the catechism class. Its peeps like you that come to mass late,seat outside or at the back and cant even remember what the first reading was about. You need to start your catechism class all over. Will respond to other contributions later[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by calculusx(m): 8:29am On Mar 13, 2012
I can say the BEST legacy i got from my parent is to be born in a Catholic Family. Catholics have it all but majority of Catholics don't appreciate what they have. I once left the Catholic Church in search of truth and stuffs i do not understand in the faith not knowing what i was looking for in sokoto is inside my sokoto.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by emmerks(m): 8:29am On Mar 13, 2012
Our new generation pastors dont preach forgiveness, repentance, and salvation, all they preach is miracle and prosperity.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by elampiro(m): 8:37am On Mar 13, 2012
Very correct, isunjaba and solomtn. Thumb up.
My advise to everyone and mostly people who seek for worship places where things look easy, sweet and in tune with circularism is to remember that the road to heaven is narrow while the one that leads to hell is broad. So people should be careful because salvation is first. Prosperity, miracles, materialism gospel without the teaching of repentance and a life of holiness is dangerous.

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Dnaz(m): 8:42am On Mar 13, 2012
Dey don't know deir roots, dey don't know what dey have. I am proud to be born catholic dere is no church greater that's y all dey do is beef. I can never leave the church.I can't imagine myself in anoda church. Its impossible
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by vanunu: 8:43am On Mar 13, 2012
Nigeria has the highest number of pentecostal churches in the whole Planet Earth. Why is it that there is no Pentecostal madness in Europe and south America.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by bestads(m): 8:44am On Mar 13, 2012
[quote author=virus2010][/quote]

A fool has said in his heart that there is no God!!!!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by chikaliki: 8:46am On Mar 13, 2012
I cannot seem to fathom why the issue of church is causing so much rift among bible believing christians. Jesus came and died for us so that He can deliver us from the hands of satan. I wish we can stop fighting about church and do exactly what Jesus asked us to do and that is preaching the gospel to the poor not preaching church. If only we can use this medium to spread the gospel rather than discuss churches I believe Jesus will be happy with us all. For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten son to die for us this is what we are suppossed to spread not church.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by xynerise: 8:48am On Mar 13, 2012
@catholic haters. If I leave catholic church make I die.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by crackhouse(m): 8:48am On Mar 13, 2012
buzugee: cuz they dont want to get r-a-p-e-d  by H-o-r-n-y popes  grin
watch what u say Mr. Man. Don't bring curses to urself unknowingly. With ur kind of statement, u never can tell what the future have in stock for u. Be wise and don't the draw the wrath of God upon urself. I think u will be betterof when u keep ur mug shut than when talking.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by nasty45(m): 9:09am On Mar 13, 2012
Catholic is not a church,it's a society,ds young lads jst apn to find out the truth and seek ep sumwr else.a church that practices rosicrusian,agonist,judaic religion alikes?tis beta they leave.WTF is a knight doin in catholic church?thought they were meant for kings?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by nasty45(m): 9:11am On Mar 13, 2012
xynerise: @catholic haters. If I leave catholic church make I die.
AMEN,LYK U'V NEVA VISITED OTHER CHURCHES.WHICH CH R U GONNA MARI UR WYF?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by calculusx(m): 9:16am On Mar 13, 2012
Lack of understanding the catholic doctrine, tradition, practises and poverty is what made people including the older ones to leave the catholic church.
As someone has rightly said, people want to be recognized. I could remember how Charismatic Renewal started few years ago when a member of Catholic Charismatic Renewal in Regina Mundi Catholic Church Mushin left the church with lots of igbo catholics to start his own church. Believe me, some of them are back to The same parish.
I believe they left Catholic Church because they lack knowledge and belief in Catholic Doctrine. I personally cant attend a church that is owned by 1 person. What happens if the founder dies? What happens?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Tropilo(m): 9:19am On Mar 13, 2012
The church is ONE body of CHRIST.
The word Catholic mean Universal. These word was used to refer to Christians of all old when an emperor tried to stop the persecution of Christians. The emperor said "these Christians are Catholica". Meaning "these Christians are everywhere (universal)", and he therefore started refering to Christians as "Catholica".
I think people for a variety of reasons depending on which suits d leaver. My two brothers left cos of there wives. You know when its d woman that is wearing the "trouser in d house", she dictates d tune. One is back to d fold cos he found it did not improve on his economy or life. The other is still tagging along his wife.
The important thing is for everyone to be at peace with his CREATOR thru JESUS CHRIST. Thats all!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by hardbody: 9:21am On Mar 13, 2012
I havent ever attended a catholic church but i like their girls. At least they can always give u punny in the belief that they can confess the next day and get penance. Guess what?, the screwing continues. I so like that aspect of their belief. This is unlike some of their contemporaries that choose to send their members away as a form of punishment when they are caught forking wink
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by ifihearam: 9:25am On Mar 13, 2012
buzugee: cuz they dont want to get r-a-p-e-d  by H-o-r-n-y popes  

watch what u say Mr. Man. Don't bring curses to urself unknowingly. With ur kind of statement, u never can tell what the future have in stock for u. Be wise and don't the draw the wrath of God upon urself. I think u will be betterof when u keep ur mug shut than when talking.

You are very stupid,what buzugee said is true nau why are yu threatening brimstone and fire?

But if it gets to the turn of pentecostal pastors you fool will be the first to condemn them idiot,you better look for a good church to attend.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by delejames(m): 9:34am On Mar 13, 2012
Gsmxpert: I personally left the catholic church where i was an alter boy because I realized that
bowing down before anything made by hand is a sin. The Catholics dont observe that.
. Ɣ☺ΰ are not qualified to be an alter server in the first place,because its obvious Ɣ☺ΰ don't know ur faith..it is believed,Jesus Christ is present in the blessed sacrament,and bowing down infront of it anytime u passed by it shows signs of respect,and bet Ɣ☺ΰ did get your reward for that..And have u also ever wondered why we bow anytime the name of jesus christ is called during mass or anytime?? It shows signs of respect for God. I'm growing in the catholic faith,and I'm proud of it.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by fesse(f): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2012
I will say it is a personal thing. Some people don't like hearing the truth they believe in sharp,sharp business. Some of them decamp from catholic for selfish interests like,lust for unclad girls in d new generation churches, quick money which they will later found to be scam, love for material things, lazy to do the rightful things, etc.

I am a true born CATHOLIC, i live by the faith, work by the faith, practice the faith, teach the faith and ready to die by the faith. In catholic church, i found happiness, humility, forgiveness, love for my follow human and God,Peace, Sincerity, serenity.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by oln: 9:48am On Mar 13, 2012
xynerise: They claim they have seen the light in other churches and end up in flames in Reverend kings church. grin. No be them they find light. grin
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ekwueme Song By Prospa Ochimana (lyrics) / Pastor Gives Lady 48 Strokes Of Cane, For Her To Get A Husband In Enugu / A Sierra Leonian Came Back From Hell With A Message For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.