Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. (12225 Views)

February Elecions: Foreign Journalists Still Denied Visa Into Nigeria? / Lamido Denied Being Appointed As Jonathan’s Campaign Coordinator / I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian Today: Thank You APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Gsmxpert(m): 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2012
I WENT TO LISBON FROM DUBLIN FOR AN OFFICIAL ASSIGNMENT, ON GETTING THERE I MET ALOT OF
PEOPLE ALL FOCUSED ON A BIG FLAT SCREEN TV ON THE WALL, GUESS WHAT THEY WERE WATCHING angry angry angry
ALL EYES WERE ON ME AS I WALKED SILENTLY TO MY SEAT AND BEHOLD A SPANISH GUY I KNOW VERY WELL
ASKED "AINT YOU A NIGERIAN" I LUGUBRIOUSLY SAID NO AM FROM TOGO. angry angry angry THE TV WAS SHOWING
THE DEATH OF THE ITALIAN AND BRITISH GUY IN NIAJA. AS I SPEAK MANY BIRTISH AND IRISH CITIZENS ARE ACTING
AS IF NO FORIGNER HAS DIED IN THEIR COUNTRIES. angry angry angry angry
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Beaf: 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2012
You are a low self-esteemed disgrace. cry
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Sunofgod(m): 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2012
lol -   cheesy

Thanks for sharing,

Dont worry, Peter also disowned Jesus out of fear of being lynched.

We understand . . . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2012
They can all go and Bleep themselves. The body of a popular British soap actress was found today with the head already decapitated! Your colleagues must be fools
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by chosen04(f): 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
Gsmxpert:

I WENT TO LISBON FROM DUBLIN FOR AN OFFICIAL ASSIGNMENT, ON GETTING THERE I MET ALOT OF
PEOPLE ALL FOCUSED ON A BIG FLAT SCREEN TV ON THE WALL, GUESS WHAT THEY WERE WATCHING  angry angry angry
ALL EYES WERE ON ME AS I WALKED SILENTLY TO MY SEAT AND BEHOLD A SPANISH GUY I KNOW VERY WELL
ASKED "AINT YOU A NIGERIAN" I LUGUBRIOUSLY SAID NO AM FROM TOGO.  angry angry angry THE TV WAS SHOWING
THE DEATH OF THE ITALIAN AND BRITISH GUY IN NIAJA. AS I SPEAK MANY BIRTISH AND IRISH CITIZENS ARE ACTING
AS IF NO FORIGNER HAS DIED IN THEIR COUNTRIES.  angry angry angry angry

Congratulations . . . . . . . . .

Welcome to world of reality . . . . .

Just like you . . . . . .

Am not a Nigerian, I maybe a nIGERian but definitely not a Nigerian.
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2012
Gsmxpert:

PEOPLE ALL FOCUSED ON A BIG FLAT SCREEN TV ON THE WALL, GUESS WHAT THEY WERE WATCHING angry angry angry
ASKED "AINT YOU A NIGERIAN" I LUGUBRIOUSLY SAID NO AM FROM TOGO. angry angry angry THE TV WAS SHOWING
AS IF NO FORIGNER HAS DIED IN THEIR COUNTRIES. angry angry angry angry

why? Kids shoot themselves in the head here so why is this isolated case now a prob?
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by hakanai(m): 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2012
@beaf
take am easy!!!!

@ poster, its sad this has happened and i hope just as president GEJ promised the people arrested after the failed rescue will be dealt with.But to think you could do that shows our inferiority complex.When they do similar stuff in terms of racism and other vices killing kids as young as 15yrs they don't shy away from the fact.They deal with it.I hope we deal with it to. undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Beaf: 8:10pm On Mar 09, 2012
haka_nai:

@beaf
take am easy!!!!

@ poster, its sad this has happened and i hope just as president GEJ promised the people arrested after the failed rescue will be dealt with.But to think you could do that shows our inferiority complex.[b]When they do similar stuff in terms of racism and other vices killing kids as young as 15yrs they don't shy away from the fact.They deal with it.[/b]I hope we deal with it to. undecided undecided undecided

Exactly! Germans never denied being German when the cannibal case was being broadcast Worldwide; Saudi's never denied being Saudi because of Bin Laden; Americans never disowned their country because of the Columbine Massacre; Norwegians never denied their country because of Anders Behring Breivik etc etc

. . .But a Nigerian denies his country because of boko haram and is proud to broadcast it. embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by chosen04(f): 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2012
^^^^^^^^^The cursed country is a disappointment to him . . . . . . . So blame him not

2 Likes

Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Sunofgod(m): 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2012
He did an 'Adebayor' - Claiming Togo.

Give him a little credit - he could have claiimed to be Ghanain.
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by achi4u(m): 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2012
@poster u did well take 5,maybe you didn't belive in naija,

so indentify yourself
BIAFRA,ODUA,BOKO HARAM etc,
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Skywalker5(m): 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2012
Sun of god:

lol -   cheesy

Thanks for sharing,

Dont worry, Peter also disowned Jesus out of fear of being lynched.

We understand . . . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2012
OP , Don't worry most Nigerians abroad deny their Nigerian nationality.

Those us who have acquired british citzenship would only ever state we British on any application form.

Every day I am filled with embarrassment reading about the exploits of our government and the spineless docile response of the Nigerian masses.
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Acidosis(m): 9:17pm On Mar 09, 2012
bros you do well
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Ikengawo: 9:24pm On Mar 09, 2012
lol the worst is he used the word LUGUBRIOUSLY to impress us.
guy you're a loser, Nigeria has denied you as well. Fool with no nation because he saw white people die. when nigerians were dying in london which englishman disgraced himself and called himself togolais?
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 10, 2012
All the responses here are just too harsh on the poster! Especially, that of Beaf! I dont think the poster felt any happy posting this thing at all, i,nfact he must have felt extremly bad about it, the only way he could help himslef out is to share! the guy could have been linched by those other guys, he was the only target. May I ask, how many of would have acted otherwise if in his shoes?
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by isalegan2: 12:15am On Mar 10, 2012
Leave the guy alone.

OP, I hope you know the Togolese speak French. grin
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by papatosibe: 12:18am On Mar 10, 2012
My guy you did great jare. No lele.

Me sef I be Londoner anytime any day.
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Sunofgod(m): 12:21am On Mar 10, 2012
cogitoErgo:

All the responses here are just too harsh on the poster! Especially, that of Beaf! I dont think the poster felt any happy posting this thing at all, i,nfact he must have felt extremly bad about it, the only way he could help himslef out is to share! the guy could have been linched by those other guys, he was the only target. May I ask, how many of would have acted otherwise if in his shoes?

I would have taken it a step further and thrown my shoe at the TV screen cursing Nigerians myselfcheesy

. . . . his 'Survival Mechanism' kicked in so he has nothing to be ashamed about -  grin
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by papatosibe: 12:28am On Mar 10, 2012
davidylan:

why? Kids shoot themselves in the head here so why is this isolated case now a prob?

Because it is an abomination for a low-life black man to kill a White man. Black people go to jail for life for even looking at a WHite man/woman the wrong way in America. Wake up buddy, and smell the coffee. Now go inform your peeps in Naija to get ready for war. We will take you all out with our drones, like the one below. We will start from your huts and gradually work our way up to your mud houses until we take out every father, mother, child, pregnant woman and heavily accented diasporan like yourself. It is onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

[img]http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/media/ALeqM5giIp_Owd8RGBSa3_qooUT0Cjq8IA?docId=photo_1331303132257-1-0&size=l[/img]

1 Like

Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by ak47mann(m): 12:28am On Mar 10, 2012
am a biafran  cool cool cool cool the rising sun cool you see if i was there i will say to them no am biafran isn't that awesome cheesy cheesy
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Afam4eva(m): 12:42am On Mar 10, 2012
@OP
Nice one. I want to be like you when I grow up. If I were you I would have picked Burundi instead of Togo. I guess as a qusi-patriotic Nigerian you has to choose something close. Who wan die?
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by papatosibe: 12:48am On Mar 10, 2012
afam4eva:

@OP
Nice one. I want to be like you when I grow up. If I were you I would have picked Burundi instead of Togo. I guess as a qusi-patriotic Nigerian [size=18pt]you has to[/size] choose something close. Who wan die?

Really? Is that what this is all about? Whats next? 'She have to?' Why cant you learn the damn language right! What a disgrace!
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by Afam4eva(m): 12:57am On Mar 10, 2012
Na so the thing dey pain you reach? Why not tear your boxers. If you're not wearing one just rob your balls. Idiota.
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by aljharem(m): 1:10am On Mar 10, 2012
afam4eva:

Na so the thing dey pain you reach? Why not tear your boxers. If you're not wearing one just rob your balls. Idiota.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

but we can not all deny our heritage undecided

We have to start from somewhere don't you think ?
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by mekaboy(m): 1:21am On Mar 10, 2012
YOU ARE A SLAVE TO OTHERS SINCE YOU LET THEIR OPINIONS INFLUENCE YOUR ACTION. EVEN PEOPLE FROM IRAQ DONT DENY .
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by OneNaira6: 4:08am On Mar 10, 2012
No matter how much I dislike this waste of a country, I won't deny it.

I no blame you but damn dude funny story grin grin
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by 9ja4eva: 4:21am On Mar 10, 2012
No reason to deny your Country tho.

Absolutely no reason
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by koruji(m): 6:10am On Mar 10, 2012
And what high esteem was he suppose to project by identifying himself as a Nigeria.

This is my recommendation for declaring your personal independence when it is not absolutely necessary to identify yourself as Nigerian.
If you are Yoruba, tell them you are from Yoruba/Oodua nation. If somebody wonders where that nation is located, you tell them it borders Nigeria on the East sode and Benin on the West.
If you are Igbo, tell them you are from Biafra nation. If somebody wonders where that nation is located, you tell thems it borders Nigerian on the West side and Cameroun on the East side.
etc.

Beaf and his cohorts can continue holding on to the smelly head of a dead fish - it will not wake up.

Beaf:

You are a low self-esteemed disgrace. cry

1 Like

Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by koruji(m): 6:18am On Mar 10, 2012
Which country would that be? The one with nobody at the head, who's so-called senators are completely selfish?

You are making a big mistake. That is not a nation. It is a hodgepodge of thieves who call themselves leaders, lording it over hapless masses, who for some reason simply pass on the terror to those they have power, no matter how meagre, to dominate rather than fight back.

9ja4eva:

No reason to deny your Country tho.
Absolutely no reason

1 Like

Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by papatosibe: 6:27am On Mar 10, 2012
koruji:

And what high esteem was he suppose to project by identifying himself as a Nigeria.

This is my recommendation for declaring your personal independence when it is not absolutely necessary to identify yourself as Nigerian.
If you are Yoruba, tell them you are from Yoruba/Oodua nation. If somebody wonders where that nation is located, you tell them it borders Nigeria on the East sode and Benin on the West.
If you are Igbo, tell them you are from Biafra nation. If somebody wonders where that nation is located, you tell thems it borders Nigerian on the West side and Cameroun on the East side.
etc.

Beaf and his cohorts can continue holding on to the smelly head of a dead fish - it will not wake up.

You have your geography all wrong . . . Ife must not have taught you well. Oh well, all hail Great Ife
Re: I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. by NaMe4: 7:15am On Mar 10, 2012
koruji:

etc.

Erm . . . Okay. . .

. . . but they go still lynch am!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Annoying Things About Lagos / Osun Workers Declares Indefinite Strike Over Unpaid Salarie / NAF Concludes Clearance Operations In Sambisa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.