Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic (60699 Views)

Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University / FederalPoly Oko Diverting Staff Salary For Over 12 Years / 2015/2016 Federal Polytechnic Ede Post-utme/ Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by vanKossy(m): 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
De Sheikh: most of the responses given are correct or close. I graduated 1st class and was retained. the salary plus allowances added up to about 70k (that was in 2008). i left for a multinational which offered 3x for a start plus lots of perks. though it is painful to see students at home, i now fully understand and support lecturers strikes. it's unfair for one to have studied hard and graduated well and be paid pea nuts to teach when the lay abouts and half seriuos students who graduated with 3rd class, pass and 2'2s are cruising in banks and big companies through connections. though in the long run, lecturing will pay off and guarantees a better retirement (but like someone stated, u have to acquire higher degrees and write alot) i am of the school of thought that lecturers are highly underpaid.
You must be very stupid for looking down on 3rd class,pass and 2.2 Graduates.you think with a 1st class your the best? You must be a fool.I know you graduated from a state school school if not y'll aPPreciate even a 2.2 graduate from a federal sch.I graduated with a 2.1(4.38)in uniPort and that doesn't make me llok down on anybody so you better watch your mouth you sillly proud bastard.1st. Class my Dick............

4 Likes

Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by DeSheikh(m): 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2013
van Kossy :
You must be very stupid for looking down on 3rd class,pass and 2.2 Graduates.you think with a 1st class your the best? You must be a fool.I know you graduated from a state school school if not y'll aPPreciate even a 2.2 graduate from a federal sch.I graduated with a 2.1(4.38)in uniPort and that doesn't make me llok down on anybody so you better watch your mouth you sillly proud bastard.1st. Class my Dick............

Thank you for the 'ad vice'.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by Yvonnepeters: 10:45am On Jun 13, 2013
aminu150: Please what about the salary for non academin staff in fed uni and poly for degree holder?. .
@ dirty money. Pls What about the salary for those that work in bursary
pls i'll like to know aswell,a bsc holder working as an administrative officer in a fed.poly.how much do they earn?are they also paid the 28days allowance?
Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by Gratia(f): 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
De Sheikh: most of the responses given are correct or close. I graduated 1st class and was retained. the salary plus allowances added up to about 70k (that was in 2008). i left for a multinational which offered 3x for a start plus lots of perks. though it is painful to see students at home, i now fully understand and support lecturers strikes. it's unfair for one to have studied hard and graduated well and be paid pea nuts to teach when the lay abouts and half seriuos students who graduated with 3rd class, pass and 2'2s are cruising in banks and big companies through connections. though in the long run, lecturing will pay off and guarantees a better retirement (but like someone stated, u have to acquire higher degrees and write alot) i am of the school of thought that lecturers are highly underpaid.
Pride goes before a fall,talk with sense next time
You are not the only first class graduate here ok
Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by aminu150(m): 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
@yvonpeters. Admin asst in fed Uni is paid 89k including deductions.
Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by DeSheikh(m): 1:04am On Jun 15, 2013
Gratia:

My dear, there is a reason why we learn comprehension in school. I advise you read my post carefully again (maybe 3 times), then ask yourself honestly, if your comment is appropriate and fair.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by DeSheikh(m): 1:47am On Jun 15, 2013
van Kossy :
Gratia:

Na wa o! What is d beef about? I'm guessing it's because you didn't make a first class. I'm truly sorry about that. Just know that taking it out on me won't change your condition. And by the way, Van Kossy, I went to a prestigious Fed University where you can't bribe lecturers (read between the lines).It is clear from your outburst that you graduated without character and little learning (your strong 2.1 regardless).
Gratia, yes I'm not the only 1st class graduate but as I stated in my earlier response to you, comprehension is your weakness.
Now, for the benefit of other likeminds as those quoted above, if you read my post carefully, my point is that lecturers are not paid well enough and as such, people with good degrees who should stay back to teach, most often than not, don't. My reference to 2'2s and below is to buttress how unfair the system is to teachers. It was not meant to belittle or look down on people with those classes of degrees. I rest my case.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by Yvonnepeters: 10:58am On Jun 23, 2013
aminu150: @yvonpeters. Admin asst in fed Uni is paid 89k including deductions.
@aminu150;thanx alot,do u know if they usually give allowances?
Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by aiabdul(m): 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
pls how much dose a part time lecturer earn in federal polytecnic
Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by aiabdul(m): 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
pls wat of part time lecturers how much do they earn in federal polytechnics
Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by AbdulArc(m): 8:01am On Feb 02, 2015
for non academic federal staff federal staff it is between 92 k and 107k for masters
pls do u know anything about part time lecturers in federal polytecnics
Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by AbdulArc(m): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
for non academic staff in the university its usually 88 to 102 k for graduate and masters degree holder
Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by AbdulArc(m): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2015
pls wat of a part time lecturer
Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by KennyD15: 8:24am On Mar 28, 2016
Pls any idea for how much graduate assistants are paid specifically in unical
Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by BLACKPANTHER(m): 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2017
Please any idea on how much Lecturer III in Federal Polytechnics are currently paid?
Re: Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic by MUTERIKA(m): 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2022
DeSheikh:
most of the responses given are correct or close. I graduated 1st class and was retained. the salary plus allowances added up to about 70k (that was in 2008). i left for a multinational which offered 3x for a start plus lots of perks. though it is painful to see students at home, i now fully understand and support lecturers strikes. it's unfair for one to have studied hard and graduated well and be paid pea nuts to teach when the lay abouts and half seriuos students who graduated with 3rd class, pass and 2'2s are cruising in banks and big companies through connections. though in the long run, lecturing will pay off and guarantees a better retirement (but like someone stated, u have to acquire higher degrees and write alot) i am of the school of thought that lecturers are highly underpaid.
So to you only first class and 2:1 graduates were serious in school?

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books / Chigozie Ekenze, IMSU Best Student Gets N13.7M Scholarship From Rochas Okorocha / Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.