Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Occupy Nairaland - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Occupy Nairaland (10785 Views)

Occupy Nairaland: Free Pagan9ja / OCCUPY NAIRALAND: Mukina Must Leave Nairaland.. / #occupy Nairaland: A Protest,if U Are Against Tribalism On Nl! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nairaland by afm4ever(m): 6:22pm On Mar 11, 2012
I was suprise when i opened nairaland this afternoon and i tried it again and it's d same but is ok we will get use to it very soon
Re: Occupy Nairaland by ceejayluv(m): 6:24pm On Mar 11, 2012
"The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order"
- Alfred N. Whitehead.

Carry on, Seun.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by dripstoil: 6:31pm On Mar 11, 2012
[size=24pt]What is this[/size]

[size=70pt]One out of many bugs[/size]
Re: Occupy Nairaland by dripstoil: 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2012
Or You Trace This To See
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2012
the new nairaland is not it at all.

design sucks, font gives headache.
round corners like 1.0
Re: Occupy Nairaland by keeptalkin(m): 7:17pm On Mar 11, 2012
Good this crap site will eventually help me cure my addiction to nairaland. Since I will visit it less and less.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Suntemi(m): 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2012
keeptalkin: Good this crap site will eventually help me cure my addiction to nairaland. Since I will visit it less and less.

Me too, I'm finding it difficult to use this new site. It's hurting my eyes.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2012
How can you just activate a template that's still in testing mode. It just shows how Nigerians never learn especially from the fuel subsidy crisis.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2012
This new design definitely does not have my vote. Two thumbs down on this one.

It is almost as if no effort was put into actually improving on the old as what we have here is simply tweaking positioning of items on the views and possibly changing of the colors. In my opinion, this is bad user interface design here. I mean see how the 'submit' button lies right over the 'choose File' buttons, and . . . Overall, I give this effort a 2 out of 10. Let's try again.

2 Likes

Re: Occupy Nairaland by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 11, 2012
LEAVE NAIRALAND THE WAY IS WAS WAS BEFORE.[size=8pt][/size]

It's so slow to load pages, the theme makes it difficult to read and follow a particular thread and respond to various replies.
The old version handled that well.
THey say people hate change but this isn't about hating change because the so called new design is really not nice.
It might look nice on a smart phone but thats about it.
Please REVERT Nairaland back!!!
Re: Occupy Nairaland by lurkee(f): 8:31pm On Mar 11, 2012
I thought most modern forums use vbulletin? Why do you need to re-invent the wheel Mr Seun. Unless he has greater plans for the site and is planning for it to be more that a forum.

The difference between two posts is not clear. With a quote in the second post, even worse. angry

Where is the preview button?? angry

I don't come here a lot anyway. I just enjoy complaining. cheesy grin
Re: Occupy Nairaland by xwolverine: 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2012
here is my suggested layout:

------------

--------------

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by meine: 9:15pm On Mar 11, 2012
Seun ds site is too small, i will like leave in 2 days if u dont do somtin better. More grease to ur elbow anyway
Re: Occupy Nairaland by OAM4J: 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2012
More than 70% of the complaints here will be addressed if Seun just get a good graphic artist to suggest a good color theme and font.

But if this is Seun favorite color, we prolly just have to get used to it, am thinking of getting a light-shade, except that people in my office might think something is wrong with me wearing a light-shade in the office. undecided
Re: Occupy Nairaland by segunjowo(m): 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2012
this is not too good. we welcome the change anyways.. since change is the only constant thing in life. Guess we just have to live with it?
Re: Occupy Nairaland by CuteTj(m): 9:44pm On Mar 11, 2012
What i dislike about the new site
1. It hurts my eyes
2. I don't like how it displays the time a post was posted
3. The interface isn't as fanciful as the old one
4. It looks babyish
5. It doesn't display the number of posts a registered member has posted since joining nairaland
What i like
1. It displays those currently viewing a thread

I hope this is not the finished site? Seun and his team should do something better than this o..
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Kilode1: 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2012
OAM4J: More than 70% of the complaints here will be addressed if Seun just get a good graphic artist to suggest a good color theme and font.

But if this is Seun favorite color, we prolly just have to get used to it, am thinking of getting a light-shade, except that people in my office might think something is wrong with me wearing a light-shade in the office. undecided

OAM4J, my bro. Don't encourage Seun, the man is not blind he sure can see this new layout is not gettIng many favorable reviews. Take
a good look at most of the negative reviews, they are from long-term users, people who obviously enjoy visiting NL not once a month posters.. It is silly to ignore that Client base.

1. The red user name color is distracting (color riot)
2. The table (text box) is too wide, it occupies the whole screen. It gives no room to reset the eyes and scan outside the text box.
3. No signatures (a very popular NL feature and expression)
4. On The sub forum pages (e.g politics ) NL names are arranged haphazardly ( no order, not aligned, just all over the place) and it's so obvious because it's RED
5. The fonts are too tiny, both the mobile and PC views. Looks crappy on IPhone
6. The text seems to have no "word wrap" very tiring to keep strolling endlessly.
7. I won't comment about the color shade ( people already said enough)
8. Preview button?
9: The "topic title" above each post/reply is too visible, it could be due to the small size of the other fonts or the unnecessary deep blue color. It's visible and distracting, takes focus
Away from the comments. Keep things simple and understated.

10. New features like "friend" "new quote button" and "like" are great. But still.

I know it's hard to give up something you've spent months creating, but he needs to listen to his more dedicated (read addicted smiley users. This is business.

Seun can solve this problem by running both versions while working to perfect NL2. The choice is his. Else he'll just cure many people's NL addiction..

2 Likes

Re: Occupy Nairaland by Knight1(m): 10:20pm On Mar 11, 2012
well, i don't really like it per se but i found out you can get used to the outlook if you zoomed in more from your browser. it's on 125% on my browser now and i think it's more manageable so i'd suggest the Designer makes the font bigger.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by flexdee(m): 11:01pm On Mar 11, 2012
It hurts my eyes. Abeg i no wan go blind before my time ooo
Re: Occupy Nairaland by pcicero(m): 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2012
Kilode has already captured all my thoughts. However, the new version (if we must call it NL2) is cool for mobile.
infact, NL has never been better on a mobile.
Seun, as for some other issues raised about the colours, fonts, text wrap etc., please do something.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by lazinc(m): 12:12am On Mar 12, 2012
Kai!! This na falling of hand na Seun You can do better than this na. If person design this kind site FOC for me sef I go reject am sharp sharp. For this modern age wey we de na im person go still de design this kind interface?
Abeg Seun do something. After all we have plenty programmers for this forum wey fit help with ideas incase you have run short of dem.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by aljharem(m): 12:38am On Mar 12, 2012
Seun and co, Kilode has told you the Ododo oro (true yarns). A word is enough for the wise. The more I see the website, the more I want to stop using Nairaland

What you could have done was a slow change thus by gradually introducing these features, people might not even be complaning like this.

C'mon I love this site and yes I am addicted to it, this new layout would cure a lot of addiction for people. I can tell you for a fact.

Revert back to the old layout, carefully think on how to go about things from the OLD layout, Plan well and infact do a survey to see people's reactions.

Just don't go ahead to do what is on your mind !!!!
Re: Occupy Nairaland by moshoodn(m): 1:13am On Mar 12, 2012
my eyes really hurt. . . big time.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by soloqy: 1:32am On Mar 12, 2012
I think Seun went with a stripped down version. Maybe to ease up on loading and bandwidth consumption but aesthetically, its poor. Maybe he was thinking more of mobile devices. Has anyone viewd it on a mobile device?

Its poor aesthetically though.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by onyengbu: 1:39am On Mar 12, 2012
....................../´¯/) ­­
....................,/¯../ ­­
.................../..../ ­­
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ ­­
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\ ­­
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') ­­
.........\.................'...../ ­­
..........''...\.......... _.·´ ­­
............\..............( ­­
..............\.............\..

[size=14pt]Up Yours NL2 ![/size]
grin grin grin
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Nobody: 1:49am On Mar 12, 2012
Good but could be better.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by soloqy: 1:51am On Mar 12, 2012
And whats with the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom? Means something is not aligning well. Na this kind thing make some people get mouth open thread say Nigerian webmasters suck. angry
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 12, 2012
soloqy: And whats with the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom? Means something is not aligning well. Na this kind thing make some people get mouth open thread say Nigerian webmasters suck. angry
You ask question and at the same time castigating Nigerian webmasters. No webmaster is all encompassing.If you find anything not in proper position, then report it than doing something inappropriate.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by mykejones(m): 2:01am On Mar 12, 2012
2some of us who have become addicted to NL,dis wil do no justice.
I swear on whateva u believe in,dis tin really does affect my eyes. And am freakin fed up.
If u see me here again in d nxt two days,na 2check if u don do chances..if nt,'naijapals' dey dai. No b say i like dem sha
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Nobody: 2:30am On Mar 12, 2012
ITbomb: This is worse than waking up in the morning to meet a new fuel price.
In spite of all our suggestion , Almighty Seun still arrogantly went ahead with this Blindness prone site.
This is the heights of insensitivity , let occupy till he revert to the old price sorry site

Bruv you've got a choice. Quit surfing NL or enjoy the new nl no offense. Just as you can always ride on a
bicycle to safe off of the gas increase.

Seun, this new look is just cooler than LL COOL J please park here no valet fees smiley
Re: Occupy Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 2:42am On Mar 12, 2012
alj harem:

Don't mind him sweetheart. How was Church today ? kiss kiss kiss
Sweets i didn't go to church o,see what Seun has caused,I didn't even see that you addressed me,i just tire for this NL,how you?
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Gboliwe: 4:03am On Mar 12, 2012
I doubt if I will come again in a while. It was nice being here anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why The Tiger (not The Lion) Is The True King Of The Jungle / Whose Forum Signature Do You Like Most? / Have You Achieved Your goals for 2018 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.