Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu (1204 Views)

Crises In Jos, Police Station Burnt - Photos / Nigerian State And The Recurring Biafra Question - The FCT Post / Crises In The Parties: PDP, APC On The Brink - Vanguard Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu by BigB11(m): 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2007
OBJ is the main architect of the recurring crises in Ibadan, not Adedibu

The pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, yesterday alleged that former President Olusegun Obasanjo is the architect of the recurring crises in Ibadan, and not Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu.
The statement is a reaction to a recent full page advertisement placed in a national daily by Obasanjo, in which he described Adedibu as a "foremost statesman and a good political product.”

Afenifere, in the statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Yinka Odumakin, described the advert as "an insensitive full page congratulatory message."

It added that it was unfortunate that Obasanjo could issue such a message about Adedibu, few days after the Director-General of National Food Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Professor Dora Akunyili complained about distruption of the Agency's activities in Ibadan by Adedibu.

Odumakin described Obasanjo's action as a big blow to the "sensibility of all decent Ibadan people, Yoruba and Nigerians in general.

"That Obasanjo could issue this kind of statement days after Akunyili came to Ibadan to cry out that Adedibu was violently obstructing NAFDAC efforts to save lives in Ibadan, through clamp-down on fake drug dealers shows clearly that it is Obasanjo and not Adedibu that we have to worry about.

"That Obasanjo sees Adedibu as ‘a good political product' despite hounding Ibadan chiefs out of prayer ground recently and abducting an ex-Director of Odua Investment tells us that there may be no difference after all in Obasanjo and Adedibu's personalities.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/oct/26/214.html
Re: Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu by BigB11(m): 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2007
At a Political rally that to place on March 9, 2007:

Speaking in Yoruba, Obasanjo said it was time Ibadan, the political headquaters of the South-West shed the unenviable appelation of ''the wild wild west'' by which it was known in the past.

Said the president:'' Is it good that we held a rally in Akure and Oyo people came to spoil it? And that we came to Mapo only for you to do the same thing? God forbid that you should have such a bad reputation."

[b]The preident, however, shocked his audience when he invited Chief Adedibu on stage. He turned to the old man and asked him how long he had been in politics?

"Since 1951," the old man replied, grinning.

"How old are you now?," the president persisted,. "Eighty," he answered.

That was all Obasanjo needed to plead for understanding on the part of other tendencies within the party. He urged them to tolerate and manage "Baba" and his political tactics as, according to him, "he has become a dried fish that can no longer be reformed and so you have to manage him.”

The president said this was neccesary because "We need his experience to win the polls.”

He noted that the old politician had been in politics for over 55 years and that whatever trait or outlook he had about politics was past redeeming. "I haven't said he is an Angel, or that he is perfect. But you don't blame an elder in the open. If you tell him he is wrong in private, I am sure he 'll change his ways." said the president.[/b]
Re: Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu by alarinka(m): 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2007
, wait a minute we still need to blame the putative and docile elites in ibadan for allowing one single individual to hold everybody to ransome, again the two babas are old,crude,wicked and senile, we thank God that the miserly farmer was able to sponsor a whole page advert.[lacking in substance but full of irrelevancies as usual], the king at molete is at the mercy of prosterityand history, tyrants always have a predictable exit, MARK MY WORDS,
Re: Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu by BigB11(m): 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2007
1. OBJ urged Ibadan people to tolerate and manage "Baba" and his political tactics as, according to him, "he has become a dried fish that can no longer be reformed and so you have to manage him.”

He advised Ibadan folks to manage the man who specializes in nothing but violent, election rigging, corruption and other uncivilized activities.

2.  OBJ also made this statement "We need his experience to win the polls.”

Which of the experience? The killing experience or the election rigging experience?

My question is: Who killed Bola Ige?
I'm starting to wonder if Adedibu knows something about Bola Ige's death.
Why?
A. The Bola Ige's death occurred in Ibadan and to my knowledge, nothing political happens in Ibadan without the consent or involvement of the top guns. Adedibu also happens to be the leader of all the top guns in Ibadan.

B. When an individual knows too much (especially about the shady activities of a president), two things usually happen: 1. You setup a clean execution style death for this individual or 2. You protect this individual at all cost under any circumstances.

Bola Ige and Adedibu had a lot in common, but
I think Bola Ige fell into category number 1, while the Ibadan BIG MAN (Adedibu) falls into category number 2.

Please keep in mind that this is just a mere speculation, but a speculation that requires one's attention.

My only problem with this new administration is not immediately abolishing these unpleasant activities in Ibadan.
Re: Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu by Bankole01(m): 6:15pm On Oct 27, 2007
Every evil parpertrated in Nigeria within the last 8 years of Obasanjo misrule can be attributed to his evil machinations. Obasanjo a very vindictive man sought to be the de facto leader of Yoruba people. Knowing that the very diplomatic Yoruba wants no part of him, he used his evil hench men (like Adedibu) to tear the people apart. He bought a few rouges who he installed as governors and ministers. The ones he couldn't win over (like Bola Ige) he caused to be asassinated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHIKENA!
Re: Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu by chidichris(m): 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2007
the old fool extended his legs to anambra through chris uba but thank God the ibos do not have regards to their fellow human being be u heaven or earth.
his reign in the eastern region was short and he tried in imo and everybody stood up against him and he backed out.
obj is more than a problem.
the yorubas i can say are confused as they have not decided on what they want.
they don't like adedibu and obj but they still don't want to loose them.
i trust the ibos for that levels as they have no time for such man-worshipping.
Re: Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu by BigB11(m): 4:46am On Oct 28, 2007
This is another main reason why EFCC deserves absolutely no KUDOS from me.
People like Adedibu and Akala are not better than Kalu or Alams.

OBJ's supporter                                 Corrupt                       Harassed or Probed or Arrested by EFCC
1. Adedibu                                       Yes                                         Yes                                                        No
2. Chris Uba                                     Yes                                         Yes                                                       No
3. Bode George                                Yes                                         Yes                                                       No
4. Odeli                                             Yes                                         Yes                                                       No
5. Lucky igbin.                                  Yes                                         Yes                                                       No
6. Akala                                             Yes                                         Yes                                                       No
7. Kalu                                               No                                          Yes                                                       Yes
8. Atiku                                              No                                          Yes                                                       Yes
9. Alams                                             No                                          Yes                                                       Yes
10. Marwa                                          No                                          Yes                                                       Yes

What is wrong with this picture?
Re: Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu by almondjoy(f): 5:59am On Oct 28, 2007
Just plain sick of reading about Nigeria's problems--same old revolving door shit! What a bore!

Zooming off to international affairs please!
Re: Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu by BigB11(m): 2:40am On Oct 29, 2007
the yorubas i can say are confused as they have not decided on what they want.
they don't like adedibu and obj but they still don't want to loose them

This is a solid point.

I'm not trying to introduce ethnicity wahala into this issue, but it is what it is, infact I'm directly connected to multiple ethnic groups in Nigeria, therefore I will go there:
Hausa man will proudly continue his gate-man career for the rest of his life before he kisses a dirty ass, while an Ibo man will first tap into 419 arena before he kisses a dirty ass. But the Yoruba man doesn't mind to kiss the dirty ass, brush his teeth and then complain about it later; and he is ready to do it again in few days.
I just don't get it.

My point: The Yorubas do not know exactly what they want most of the time; they will crying, complain, fight and reject folks like Adedidu and OBJ, but at the same time you will see them at Molete, right in-front of Adedibu's house fighting for Black amala and sending wrong messages to the entire nation.
It is difficult to identify which side these people belong 97% of the time.

Enough is just enough, it's time for us to start embracing our pride and abolish all these worthless leaders once and for all.
Re: Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu by angel101(f): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2007
Big B1:

This is a solid point.

I'm not trying to introduce ethnicity wahala into this issue, but it is what it is, infact I'm directly connected to multiple ethnic groups in Nigeria, therefore I will go there:
Hausa man will proudly continue his gate-man career for the rest of his life before he kisses a dirty ass, while an Ibo man will first tap into 419 arena before he kisses a dirty ass. But the Yoruba man doesn't mind to kiss the dirty ass, brush his teeth and then complain about it later; and he is ready to do it again in few days.
I just don't get it.

My point: The Yorubas do not know exactly what they want most of the time; they will crying, complain, fight and reject folks like Adedidu and OBJ, but at the same time you will see them in Molete, right in-front of Adedibu's house fighting for Black amala and sending wrong messages to the entire nation.
It is difficult to identify which side these people belong 97% of the time.

Enough is just enough, it's time for us to start embracing our pride and abolish all these worthless leaders once and for all.

i believe this to be true of the average nigerian not just the yorubas
Re: Obj Is The Main Architect Of The Recurring Crises In Ibadan, Not Adedibu by BigB11(m): 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2007
Yes, this is true, but it is still very common among the Yorubas; and this is another reason why we will witness or discover more of OBJs and Adedibusss among this group.

(1) (Reply)

Is It True? Army Son Of Former Head Of State Killed By Mend-reason For The War! / This Year's Nigerian Economic Summit May Not Hold: Frank Nweke Jr. / Yar'sick In Saudi, Yuguda Flies Pregnant Wife To Us To Deliver, Naija In Limbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.