Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,005 members, 7,803,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? (8609 Views)

Shovel Used To Serve Food At IDP Camp In Maiduguri (photos) / How Do I Make Vegetable Soup At A Go For Semo I Need To Serve A Guest / What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by mattaz(m): 11:39am On Mar 12, 2012
Hey NLers...Recently I av been noticing that weneva pple visit odas and a plate of food is to be served,u neva can c jst 1 piece of meat in it..its alwz more than 1&dis makes me wonder if its nw a must to serve pple wit ova a piece of meat!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by sleekyme: 2:23pm On Mar 12, 2012
How big is the meat? I think whole big meat will do
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2012
F that! I serve no meat because i'm a Vegan. ;DF that! I serve no meat because i'm a Vegan.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Suntemi(m): 2:26pm On Mar 12, 2012
Well the size of the meat also matters. If it is big enough, I don't think it bad but if the meats are not very big, its good to serve the guest two or more. Serving 1 meat is not a bad thing though it just a way of saying one really appreciate their visit and they mean alot.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by jtkoko9(f): 2:27pm On Mar 12, 2012
One large chunk is kα̲̅γ̲̣̣̥ and bsides what if it's the last in the pot.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by stepo707: 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2012
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 12, 2012
Lmao.. this topic is funny.
I think it is a Nigerian/ African thing and since the visitor is visiting in Nigeria or is a Nigerian visiting a Nigerian friend abroad, it would be considered disrespectful if they are served with one piece of meat (especially if the piece is small.)However, if the piece is big, I see no reason why the visitor should frown at the food.

Nigerians generally associate a single piece of meat in a meal with poverty grin grin grin grin
So there you go!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Dyt(f): 2:30pm On Mar 12, 2012
nt in hausa land
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by KayDee4: 2:31pm On Mar 12, 2012
LMAO, this topic reminds me of Natty from the New Masquerede grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by PurestBoy(m): 2:33pm On Mar 12, 2012
mattaz: Hey NLers...Recently I av been noticing that weneva pple visit odas and a plate of food is to be served,u neva can c jst 1 piece of meat in it..its alwz more than 1&dis makes me wonder if its nw a must to serve pple wit ova a piece of meat!

You even have money to cook with meat, abeg waka pass jare, there are many things bothering Nigerians now and not ur food & visitor crap. I wonder abt d kinds of topics that make homepage nowadays
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by niddamugu(m): 2:33pm On Mar 12, 2012
Did you say piece while you meant "tablet" of meat? i'm sure you know what you're saying.

1 Like

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Harfolabi: 2:34pm On Mar 12, 2012
It very ridiculous to a person who are using 1meat to entertain visitor how can hear that it sands like madness what we call that it is miser person
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by klas(m): 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2012
In the traditional south-west, it will be better to serve two small pieces of meat than one large piece. Though more than one large piece is best. Serving a piece is considered insultive to the guest if he/she is older than you. If the guest is younger than the host and not very close to him/her, the guest may interprete it to mean that the host is not well-off to afford more than a piece of meat and that may lower the respect for the host. respect counts a lot in south west.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Korrection(m): 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2012
NOW TELL ME ...WHO STOLE THE MEAT FROM THE COOKING POT......THE VISITOR??
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Jidefido(m): 2:46pm On Mar 12, 2012
One large chunk is okay and bsides what if it's the last in the pot.
very funny....if its d last,na to sacrifice na
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by success4(m): 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2012
that is a function of your income...
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Fhemmmy: 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2012
So what would the visitor do, if the host dont even have meat to serve him/her with?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Jidefido(m): 3:05pm On Mar 12, 2012
freecocoa where thou art
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by ayobase(m): 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
I c no reason why u no waka pass, when dis post is 'rubbish' to u.
Is ur post not making it to homepage?.....hold on and allow this guy.
How do u serve ur visitor?
I wil come around if impressive?

PurestBoy:

You even have money to cook with meat, abeg waka pass jare, there are many things bothering Nigerians now and not ur food & visitor crap. I wonder abt d kinds of topics that make homepage nowadays
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Funkymallam(m): 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2012
Indirah?:

Mass Exodus from Nairaland commences Now. Cross over to www.gistplace.com a FAR superior forum. You will testify its really good on the eyes unlike this NL2 which is like a Tom and Jerry Cartoon page.

http://www.gistplace.com/

I have opened a special thread there to receive refugees and immigrants from Nairaland -

http://www.gistplace.com/welcome-immigrants-from-nairaland-to-gistplace-t143.html

Hustler, u wan pour sand sand for Seun garri abi? E no go wrk grin cheesy

@topic. If we no get meat for pot nko?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by dadicvila(m): 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2012
Dyt: nt in hausa land
una get enuf nama naaa
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Enice(m): 3:12pm On Mar 12, 2012
No, it's not disrespectful. Even if there is no meat. So long as you inform them of what is available. It's their choice to decide weather to eat or not.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by MrCork17: 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2012
undecided[color=#000099][/color]if the meat is not as big as your finger, then its rude
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by twinklegal: 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2012
If na igbo man size of meat one piece is not recommended, but if its yoruba man size then i think one can do. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by ayobase(m): 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2012
U no go do pass ur power o!
Instead of food, u can bring a very chilled water, try improvise!
And if nothing at all,let ur visitor know...simple!

Fhemmmy: So what would the visitor do, if the host dont even have meat to serve him/her with?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Jemibee: 3:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
It all depends on the person in question. If it's just a friend, a piece would do. Imagine if it's ur in-laws or aunties and uncles, a piece would be being insultive.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by daywatcher: 3:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
i guess as long as you are not eating more than he/she is then it is ok.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Otses(f): 3:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
I beleive it boils down to what the person has at home. If u have more than one in your pot, u can serve 2 or any amount you wish. But if u dont av more than one, will you kill urself all because you want to entertain your guest? Pls you can serve what u av got, nobody will kill you for that oooo
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Korrection(m): 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2012
NA WAO....SEE 9JA GUYS DISCUSSING ABOUT MEAT ABI BEAF...REALLY FUNNY...LOL
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2012
ayobase: U no go do pass ur power o!
Instead of food, u can bring a very chilled water, try improvise!
And if nothing at all,let ur visitor know...simple!

Exactly my point . . . Hosting a guest do not mean do more than you can afford
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Serve A Visitor With Just 1 Piece Of Meat??? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2012
Do most Nigerians eat with meat these days? I doubt! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shea Butter & Coconut Oil Mix For All Skin & Hair Types / If You Want To Learn How To Make All Kinds Of Snacks This Is For You / 5 Secrets To Why Buka/restaurant Stew Always Tastes Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.