Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: (21326 Views)

I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty / My Girl Is HIV Positive, But She Told Me, Now The Problem Is!!!!!! / She Is Hiv Positive But Still Sleeping With Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by banjman2: 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2007
kiss i love to be a yahoo boy beucs there is money there and come and be yahoo boy

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by ryker(m): 8:29am On Nov 12, 2007
What i would like to know is, wouldn't she disappear if it was the guy who was HIV positive, as a naija girl. We all know that nowadays, most naija girls have a price(about 98% of them). Love died in 1999.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by rantibaby(f): 9:00am On Nov 20, 2007
To me is a hard decision but let look at it in another way, What If you are the HIV positive or any of us answering the Question is what do you feel will happen if you opt out of a lovely relationship, For the poster wanting to stick to his babe means she was dam honest to the core but this is just unfortunate for her, Guys what do you do if your sister is findout to be HIV+ and Lady's what do you do if your bother is HIV +?
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by denony(m): 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2007
Dear Nairalanders, a friend of mine was complaining to me that his girl friend is behaving strange to him. Whenever he went out with her and his friends, infact that his girl friend always share the word I love you with his friends, and he complained that she does it often in his presence. so he is seeking for advice on what to do.

Please help me to help him
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by synderella: 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2008
I dont see the big deal, if u still care about her pls stay with her. She can still have kids that dont have HIV if certain measures are taken, such as taking some medication during the pregnancy, not giving birth naturally and not breast feeding.

Dont allow people to discourage u, afterall she is human. Its u that has to decide if u love her enough to always be on the alert, u especially as sex always has to be protective- can u handle that?

Also dont go around telling everyone she has it, people hardly never understand n will just spread the gist! I mean see the actions of the so called HIV promoter Betty Irabor of Genevieve magazine for instance!

The more private the better for all concerned.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by OgaMadam(f): 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2008
Did you consult God about this.

Then after did you listen to YOURSELF?

its you who has to live with this decision. so the choice you hear from Him and You should be the best for you.

You can give birth to HIV neg kids. theres a 40% chance of passing disease on to kid without treatment, and only
less than 2% with treatment.

It can be done, if its what you want. you need to educate yourself about protection and all that.

We all MUST die one day - how we die? Well, ,

If you love her, she is right for you, you have peace about her, have educated all your close people and are being 100% careful and mature, ?

I did see a programme were an HIV plus mother gave birth well, and another lady who had two healthy babies.

You could run from her and end up in more trouble later cause God could have written this experience in to your book of life.

Please check with HIM and You whats best for You. God gave you the power to choose, so you can say yes or no. Just make an educated Choice.

PeaceOut,

Mama's Out.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by ifele(m): 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2008
Banjman2

I will love to be a professional criminal too for lots of dough. But yahoo is too time consuming. Bank and home invasion is much better more profits but more risks.

Robert24 leave the HIV girls for the HIV boys.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by kenflipper(m): 10:18pm On Mar 14, 2008
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by AmakaN: 4:05pm On Mar 18, 2008
how did she contact the damnn thing?/
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by OgaMadam(f): 5:51pm On May 01, 2008
I dont think thats the attitude to have.

Many innocent people have caught this disease.

Although your not infected your affected just because someone else is infected.

Its also not a death sentence anymore.

With a life expectancy of an added 50yrs for those on ARVs and good nutrition and positive thinking and living.

By then the cure or vaccine must have been found.

We are all in this fight for our brothers and sisters.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by HoneyJ1(f): 9:58am On May 23, 2008
kech kech- pls can i have your e-mail i.d or phone number.
its important
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by sunnykiss(m): 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2008
i sorry 4 u guy, u wan marry Hiv + person, well na septrin be ARV drug, u and ur gal na wa oooo undecided embarassed
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by carnal: 8:57am On Oct 02, 2008
@robert ,some opinion here are right while some are completely wrong but i have sent a detailed mail to your email address on how to go about these,i am positive but married to a lady who is negative,i also have a daughter (3yrs old)who have tested over and over again and she has remained negative too,so there is a way to go about these but only from the experts or those who are presently going through it or have experience with such situations.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 03, 2008
Take her to a praying church and pray the virus out of her system.With effective and directed prayers and fasting ,the virus will jump out of her system or disappear mysteriously.You can try that.With man(doctors and scientists) ,this is impossible but with God,it is very very possible.
Take care
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2008
'
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2008
'
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by jenny4law(f): 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2008
you are quite lucky not to have contacted the disease that is if you have checked yourselve thorougly.and again seprin is not a drug for hiv my advice is for u guys to go and meet a medical practitioner for advice. i wish you two best of luck tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by sartorius(m): 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2008
sorry, which kit did you say you used.the hiv antigen might be in its latent stage, endeavour to recheck, if you love her so much then marry her.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by Vetep: 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2008
People with HIV+ status they also leave decades more than the healthy ones since they are very careful with their health status. Say thanks she told you her status coz men sometimes can be excited and think of doing it without a protection and say just for today. With help of ARV she can reach a stage where the virus is undetectable and meaning is clinically healthy while the virus is there. Regarding having a child in South Africa its cheaper to have medical technology of insemination and your sperm being used. Even when undetectable you can have sex and you won't be infected but not recommended.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by studio43(m): 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2008
dont destroy yourself all in the name of love,
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by NaijaBarbi(f): 12:55am On Oct 09, 2008
i say lets jus face the facts people- although it may sound harsh and all, hes asking this question out of love and confusion. he has his doubts too, which is why he is skeptical. if this situation was mine- i would surely find a way in my heart to let the person go. i know the plans i have for my future, and i know that i don't want to have that type of a burden, nor do i want our children to suffer when the parent dies of the disease-possibly at the kids early age. its difficult to say, but its real. Not only do you have the chance to contract the diease, you also have to go through all this heartache in the process. it a highway to a hellish relationship, and a tough journey for you both.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by carnal: 9:15am On Oct 09, 2008
pls pls and pls let stop over flogging these issue, this guy can marry these babe and they will leave happily thereafter, i have sent him a mail to let him know these, i am positive myself and i am married with wife and daughter are still negative even after three years of marriage, we didnt have to go through all the momo jumbo we only had to go through straightforward medical routines and i say it with all boldness that if you see me you can never tell that i am positive
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by Louiz: 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2008
@ nairalanders, many of you guys has advice +vely but as humans put yourself in Robert's shoes if you are a guy. and if you are a babe reverse the situation to mean you Hiv + and decide what to do. My take on this is Robert should see a councellor on HIV/AIDs and also attend one of the many dating/relationship seminars around for professional and medical advice.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by nado(m): 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2008
hi well everyone seems to say something either stay or not but let me drag u all to an issue, how many of u have ever gone for HIV test, and if yes when last, dont underestimate any source of infection, not necessarily thrugh unprotected sexual intercourse only, so one could have been expoused to the virus without knowing.
so u all go for a TEST NOW and REGULARLY>

for the topic: ist is the poster sure dat he hasnt contracted if the virus if he has already been having unprotected sexual intercourse with his girlfriend.his being negative might be window period (God forbidd though ).
well its more than human to love this way, its true that if it was the other way round she could have left him but all the same u never can tell,
i would advice him to discuss with all that matters ie both families, think of his decisions and the consequences such as using condom all the rest of his life, risk of getting the infection and outcome of their children.
its possible to have HIV- children with both parents being +ve, seek adequate medical advice but please be aware of the burden- time , money , emotions, public relations(stigma) .

in summary - u all go for HIV test and stop hating the girlfriend, its ur call poster but seek advice both medical and ur family cos they are the one swho will be beside u in trying times,
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by monamarie(f): 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2008
her havin hiv doesn't mean anything , and yes you should use a condom while havin sex,
so iong as she 's takin her drugs, the baby would not hav hiv, there are oher things you need to know and am not a professional just sharing the little i know, but i would advice you people should go and see a doctor, to discuss this, and i would urge you to do some personal research ,  and also go for couselling,
u love this girl , her havin her hiv and you staying with her is going an extra mile ro proove it, she needs you more than ever,  it's not going to be easy but its best to try, to would be nice for her to know thres someone to help her go through this
good luck grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by Swissess(f): 5:21pm On May 06, 2009
hi, your gilfriend is really really lucky to have somebody like you by your side!
what does she need more in such a difficult moment than sb who really loves her!

you should not sleep with her anymore unprotected. cry if you want her to get pregnant, use IVF, she can give birth to healthy children, but she must not breastfeed them. and she will have to go for a cesarian birth (not natural birth).

if she starts treatment as soon as possible and takes her medicaments, she can live on for decades without getting Aids.

best of luck!
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by mntpaul(m): 10:49pm On May 06, 2009
Young man, I am so sorry to hear the bad news about your GF. You have your whole life in front of you. I know it is hard, but please move on. Have yourself checked and do not have another relationship until you know you are cleared of HIV.

Learn your lesson, don't make this mistake again. Always practice safe sex, and if your serious in a new relationship, the both of your get tested. Don't listen to the romantics in this thread. They are living a dream or fantasy. They are trying to get you to live their dream. Live your own, do what will make you happier in the future.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by babymi2(f): 12:14pm On May 07, 2009
how many of u have ever gone for HIV test? please let show LOVE and Respect for people living with HIV is not end of life. u guys shd learn how to LOVE. i believe with GOD HIV/AIDS is curable. and some NATIVE DOCTORS can also cure it. Robert take a step today and find solution to d problem at hand. wish u best of luck oneday HIV/AIDS wahala will be over.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by Swissess(f): 2:32pm On May 07, 2009
baby-mi:

how many of u have ever gone for HIV test? please let show LOVE and Respect for people living with HIV is not end of life. u guys shd learn how to LOVE. i believe with GOD HIV/AIDS is curable. and some NATIVE DOCTORS can also cure it. Robert take a step today and find solution to d problem at hand. wish u best of luck oneday HIV/AIDS wahala will be over.

what you said about Love and Respect is nice and beautiful.

But as long as people think Aids / Hiv is curable, the desease will never be taken seriously enough! it's a very dangerous thing to say.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by MaiSuya(m): 3:41pm On May 07, 2009
baby-mi:

shocked
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by hope4hiv: 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2009
Hello,
There is no vaccine yet for HIV prevention so if you sleep with her you will definately be infected and you have to sleep with her before she can be pregnant except that a baby cloning is to be done but yet remember that the passion,desire to sleep with her cannot be removed and moreso how long are you going to keep using condom to the one you love as wife , i understand your love for her but it is unfortunate that she already have it according to what you say , hiv attacks the immune system , the cd4 cell which is responsible for our immunity ,her cd4 cell count reduces gradually and the viral load increases , at the same time you dont have to abandon her if you truly love her do send me an email to hopeforhiv2day@yahoo.com or text to 07057611040 for the best treatment for hiv 100% Natural and more advise
NATUREWAYS THERAPY.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: by minitab786: 6:41am On Mar 17, 2010
umm,
I am also planning to marry a HIV+ girl. I am gonna do that and nothing can alter my decision but I would appreciate if some one guide me how I should go ahead and have nice life. We decided that we will never conceive and will adopt kids if we stay financially fit. I will concern medical expert but will appreciate few suggestions and guidelines.

@ carnal can you send me the stuff you send to Robert. My email Id id gyandev786@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide On Bayelsa Flyover / Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. / Lassa Fever-what You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.