Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? (22827 Views)

7 Tips For A Flatter Stomach / Get A Flatter Stomach In 24 Hours / How To Get A Flatter Stomach In One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by Piyke: 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2012
Hi all,

Was just wondering if some of us know the tips to a flatter stomach! Its not that I have a pot belly oh, I'm far from that, Just that I want it to be flatter. Currently I do pushups, situps and dieting. I welcome specific things you know that work. Thanks
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by agiboma(f): 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2012
Souds to me like you are doing all the right things just keep it up and your tummy will be flat in no time
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by papatosibe: 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2012
You are what you eat and drink.
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2012
You are either born with it or not. grin
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2012
Do lots of cardiovascular exercises (activities that get your heart rate up such as running, jugging, skipping) You would get maximum results if you do high-intensity interval training (1 minute of vigorous running followed by another minute of walking. Repeat this through out your work-out session). Crunches and sit-ups would tone your belly and give you better muscle definition but they would not give you a flat belly.
Also, ditch the highly starchy foods and incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet. Watch your caloric intake while you are at it.
Good luck.
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by freecocoa(f): 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2012
Hmm Op they say those exercises you do help but i don't know how true that is.
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by BaBaMike: 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2012
Getting flatter tummy does not happen overnight and it most certainly does not happen without putting in conscious effort.I recommend that you get into jogging. Whether it be professionally or simply as a hobby.remember It takes time to lose belly fat. So patience is what you need.

good luck Piyke

1 Like

Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by kandiikane(m): 2:24pm On Mar 14, 2012
Erm, sometimes its genetic. I was born with flat abs cheesy but I can help you with some tips. Lay down the fizzy drinks and alcohol. If you tend to put weight more around the waist and stomach area cut down all the fatty food you know can cause weight increase. Running helps because it also tones your stomach, pushups and dieting is good but also try dancing. If you have a place where you can do Zumba in your area. try it. Erm, if you have a membership card in the gym, make sure you use the rowing thing.(That thing you pull back and forth). 30mins on the threadmill and 30min on the row thing will do you fine. If you want your thighs tones use the bike. Make sure you don't eat pizza or fufu and egusi like I do right after a work out if you tend to put on weight fast fast. Go greener-not over cooked greens but salads, fruits, make vegetable salad, semi-skimmed milk instead of whole milk(don't know if it is relevant but its a suggestion). An extra tip, learn to hold your stomach in. Hold it all day long so that even when you are bloated or extremely full (greedy) cheesy you still have flat stomach. My last tip actually helps because it has actually helped toned my stomach(not that it was needed but the more the bettertongue) for me. I hold it without even noticing sometimes because I am so use to it. When I am bloated my brain now tells my stomach "tense up". smiley

1 Like

Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 14, 2012
BaBa Mike: So patience is what you need.

good luck Piyke

Why does this sound funny to me
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 14, 2012
rokiatu: You are either born with it or not. grin

Exactly. . . .I eat 4 to 5 times daily just to add more meat to my belly but it's not working at all.So called exercise will only flaten it for sometime but afterwards,the belly shoots out again.You cant add or reduce from your body framework.

1 Like

Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by Sike(m): 2:48pm On Mar 14, 2012
OP, Ur already doin d rait tin. Just kip it up!
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by kandiikane(m): 2:50pm On Mar 14, 2012
@Bluetooth, although not everyone is lucky during puberty to get a naturally flat stomach, she can still get the flat stomach if she is serious about it. I have seen a fat person who lost all the fat and gained muscles with a 12 pack(if that is possible) grin
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by INAHJOSEP(m): 2:51pm On Mar 14, 2012
Like dis

Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by cfours: 2:53pm On Mar 14, 2012
eat more fruits and vegetables
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by Freiburger(m): 2:53pm On Mar 14, 2012
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by moxamet(m): 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2012
Losing that last layer of belly fat is something many people desire yet it seems ever so elusive, most common reason of failing to achieve it not the lack of excercise but a matter of complex chemistry( or simple nutrition)
I'm gonna break it down for u as simply as i can.

What you should understand is that if you have a low BMI then that layer of Fat is actually mostly trapped water!

And the reason why you can get rid of it is solely due to nutrition.

A diet rich in carbs and salt, like most nigerian dishes is in no way compatible with a completely flat belly unless you do enough excercise to burn off alot of calories.

Even if you manage to burn of the calories, Carbs and Salt naturally cause water retention in the body, so you are always left with a layer of smooth soft fat/water covering your belly, thighs and butt (Sexiii wink

So a sure way of getting rid of belly fat/water is to try one of the low carb diets. There are quite a few of them out there.. like Atkins, South beach, LCHF e.t.c just google it and see.

Its always fun to try new things and experiment with your body a bit. ust make sure you get enough of the vital nutrients, i.e Proteins, vitamins and essential fats.

Hope this helps.
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 14, 2012
doing exercises tht only target your stomach won't help you much. if you are good at doing situps and all those stomach exercises then you probably have well developed stomach muscles, but you can't see it cos of high body/belly fat. change ur diet nd sm1 mentioned high intensity exercises thts d way to go 4 an overall toned body...
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by samyng(m): 3:53pm On Mar 14, 2012
Well you guys can try this, kind of simple and hard at the same time but if practiced should be able to provide results as its called 8 minutes ABS workout.. Doing it day and night as well as dieting should work
[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKCVCZe474[/flash]

Advanced Ab workout
[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1WwGzce9-4&feature=relmfu[/flash]

Vertical Leg Crunches - upper abs exercise
[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt62sf7khLU&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SPCEFCA54D665B8080[/flash]

1 Like

Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by simplebussy: 4:01pm On Mar 14, 2012
really, the honest truth is dt it can only be controlled with exercise and diet (unfortunately it may not work for some folks, no matter how hard they try). stay off alcohol as well!!!
Thats the Gospel i can preach.
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by samyng(m): 4:02pm On Mar 14, 2012
while i was watching this, i was like
"Pfft. This is gonna be easy "
while i was actually doing this, i was like
"CHEI MOGBE, MOTHER TRUCKING PIECE OF NARGHHAJDSLKJS. I LIED TO MYSELFF"

1 Like

Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by Tinax(f): 4:08pm On Mar 14, 2012
over the yrs i hv learnt to maintn my flat tommy and this tips works for me. Learn to hold your tommy in(tug it in) whn ever u'r walkin,standin or sitin, it gives ur tommy a good definitn curv and makes u walk like a model. Learn to eat littl at a time especaly food rich in fibr for easy bowel free. Drink lots of watr mostly in the mornin. Make sure ur breakfast and dinr is light. Dancing is importnt too. Lastly keep ur measurment tape handy to chk your waist line regular. Good luck.
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by caspapa(m): 4:08pm On Mar 14, 2012
Piyke: Hi all,

Was just wondering if some of us know the tips to a flatter stomach! Its not that I have a pot belly oh, I'm far from that, Just that I want it to be flatter. Currently I do pushups, situps and dieting. I welcome specific things you know that work. Thanks

Op? are you married? if yes then sex is a good exercise for your stomach. Because during this form of exercise all part of body is involve, even your brain, your heart and so on. (Please i am not saying you should have sex only when u feel like exercising it just a added advange to make your stomach flat).
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by zikaengee(f): 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2012
Organo gold black coffe and herbal tea will make u to loose that fat in ur stomach. 08082742857,call to get yours
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by scopusng(m): 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2012
Dinner before 7pm.
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by ONESS: 5:22pm On Mar 14, 2012
U CAN GO ON HUNGER STRIKE OR PLASTIC SURGERY. LOL
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by maninmood(m): 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2012
Take 5 bottles of big stout per day angry
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by TOSIN4REAL: 6:03pm On Mar 14, 2012
Swimming is the best exercise for Flat Tummy seekers...but please don't drown oo grin
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by solomto(f): 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2012
scopusng: Dinner before 7pm.
on point,afta applying all the measures posted here if u cnt apply ths,its nt gonna work. Make sure u eat ur dinner b4 7pm and a light meal too.
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by iyatrustee(f): 6:41pm On Mar 14, 2012
i used to have very flat tummy back in d days. after marriage and 3 ceaserean sections, all dat is history! i am seriously following dis thread for possible remedy to my predicament. cry
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by Chiori(m): 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2012
I think I might go with the suggestion to push up. I find that it gets me breath real deep, and my paunch is way so low now. This has been the case with me after only three sessions of vigorous push-ups.
Re: What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? by EEVICTOREE(m): 7:18pm On Mar 14, 2012
Do alot of push up, Sit Up and Always drink Ogoro (Dry Gin) to burn down some fat in you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists / FG Orders Civil Servants To Undergo COVID-19 Tests / I Am HIV Positive And Illegal Immigrant: Advise Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.