Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Is Nigeria Really Ready To Get Used To And Use Coins? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Nigeria Really Ready To Get Used To And Use Coins? (716 Views)

Where To Get Used Phones In Bulk? / Does Paypal Nigeria Really Work? / Is ATM In Nigeria Really Running Under 24 Hours As Claimed By Banks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Really Ready To Get Used To And Use Coins? by AKO1(m): 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2007
This is for everyone currently residing in Nigeria.
Let me first share a brief experience:
I walked into a business centre very recently to make a few photocopies. In most business centres in Ibadan, dont know about other places, a page costs N2.50 with PHCN and N 5 with generator. On this day, a guy had just made some copies (cant remember how many and his total cost (price x quantity) was N 'something'.50. The guy at the machine rounded up the price to N 'something'+1. The customer insisted on paying the real price and exercised his right to use LEGAL tender.

I know you may say "it's only 50 kobo'; bu thats not my point. My point is that from my observation, particularly these photostat people, Nigerians do not wat to accept the fact that 50 kobo coins are legal and hence prices should neither be rounded up or down. I think it's high time we accept and USE our money, what do you feel?

(1) (Reply)

Http://u-ear N.net. Make Huge Money There / Some Usefull Information About Business To Africa. / Beware!: Another Fraudulent Pyramid Scheme !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.