Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,355 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Is It Wise To Return To Nigeria To Practise Law? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Wise To Return To Nigeria To Practise Law? (8548 Views)

Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’ / Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wise To Return To Nigeria To Practise Law? by tanimola22: 9:40am On Mar 17, 2012
freshera: Before you come back, calculate how long it may be before you get on your two feet and have enough savings for that.

Because this one that Nigerians are hating on people who studied abroad, well.

As if sending their own children abroad is not at the top of their prayer rquests.

Does the above still hold? Correct me because I don`t think so.

Too many abroad grads, especially UK grads, roaming the streets of Lagos, Abuja and PH. This is what I am aware of. There is no biggy coming from abroad anymore.

T22.
Re: Is It Wise To Return To Nigeria To Practise Law? by quart: 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2012
My dear people, I need a lawyer who could help fill a file-case form (would have attached it but file is larger than 200kb). I will be glad if someone(a lawyer) could respond so that I can expatiate.
Re: Is It Wise To Return To Nigeria To Practise Law? by i1: 12:19pm On May 30, 2012
@ QUART... i am a lawyer, call me on 08053779782
Re: Is It Wise To Return To Nigeria To Practise Law? by AjanleKoko: 10:54pm On May 30, 2012
@OP,
The law profession doesn't pay whopping great salaries, just an FYI.
But I guess you'll fit in somewhere. Just that I don't see the point of your coming at this time, you're fresh out of school, and you sound like you're British.
You should try to at least get some experience in the UK, see what happens next. No need to hurry back down, unless you have other reasons.

freshera: Before you come back, calculate how long it may be before you get on your two feet and have enough savings for that.

Because this one that Nigerians are hating on people who studied abroad, well.

As if sending their own children abroad is not at the top of their prayer rquests.

I'm not sure it's 'hating'. Just that there are a lot of local grads who can't find any job. Coming back to Naija and expecting to shoot to the top of the food chain ASAP, is kind of like asking for the VIP room on your first day in prison. The inmates would prolly not appreciate that.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Return To Nigeria To Practise Law? by busybee24: 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
Some peoples comments here are unfounded..
Did I ever mention that I am not ready to roll up my sleeves and make my way through the work environment like everyone else?
Yes granted I have an advantage because of course I gained my qualifications at top UK schools which trumps any FG Uni at any point in time. Given the horror stories of unemployed youths roaming around the nation, I was looking to see from practicing barristers whether there is room for opening chambers, where there are niche areas that haven't yet been saturated.

For those who imparted relevant information I once again thank you for your responses x
Re: Is It Wise To Return To Nigeria To Practise Law? by tanimola22: 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
AjanleKoko: @OP,
The law profession doesn't pay whopping great salaries, just an FYI.
But I guess you'll fit in somewhere. Just that I don't see the point of your coming at this time, you're fresh out of school, and you sound like you're British.
You should try to at least get some experience in the UK, see what happens next. No need to hurry back down, unless you have other reasons.

I'm not sure it's 'hating'. Just that there are a lot of local grads who can't find any job. Coming back to Naija and expecting to shoot to the top of the food chain ASAP, is kind of like asking for the VIP room on your first day in prison. The inmates would prolly not appreciate that.

Mhen, I knew a guy who did just that O. One guy we used to call bonethugs, very tall and cute guy like that. This guy was imprisoned for one crime like that. On his first day in prison, he had a fight with the prison head (someone who had been the high chief of other inmates for many years) and he beat the guy after 4 rounds of intense boxing. In less than 2 hours, he was made the main overall head of all prison inmates. He got the very best of VIP treatments during his several months in prison.

T22

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Figure Out If You’re In The Wrong Job / 6,000 Council Workers Sacked Over Fake WAEC, Age Falsification / How To Self-improve As An Individual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.