Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,136,662 members, 7,756,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 05 March 2024 at 05:12 AM

Our Musicians Should Learn To Play Live On Stage And Not Otherwise: - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Our Musicians Should Learn To Play Live On Stage And Not Otherwise: (725 Views)

New Beef: Pics Of Olamide on Stage and His twitter Insults to DonJazzy / , / Our Musicians & Their Music Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Musicians Should Learn To Play Live On Stage And Not Otherwise: by drumma(m): 4:19am On Oct 29, 2007
This is to appeal to our so called musicians that its time for them to envisage the future of Music in this country as we all realize that music is taking a new leaf in this era we should try and encourage our artists, 2face & co to inculcate the habit of playing LIVE on stage instead of their business as usual mimming ideas that thing is so infuriating if you guyz would admit at least this guys should give us some sense of creative touch on their music after the STUDIO thing and all that you could imagine how much extra american musicians make on GIGS and all that that's not because they are super good but because they easily get tired of doing the same old stuff over and over again and you see them some up with different ideas on stage,

I have watched this following people live on stage: Jay-z, Kanye West, Usher, Snoop Dogg, Alicia Keys & John Legend

You could feel passion with which they're driven and you would wonder if it was the song you actually had on CD

On the other hand this is in place will also help our instrumentalist to work better on themselves and get to at least make some dough as well for themselves and tihis I envisage is another primary way of eradicating poverty in our Land and amongst our youths,

Share your views on this , Pls
Re: Our Musicians Should Learn To Play Live On Stage And Not Otherwise: by shakamc(m): 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2007
nice one,i think it all depends on the show organiser,you have to pay more for an artist to perform live with instruments and backup.artists can only do what he was paid for.trust many naija artists can't even handle the stage, i swear am missing motherland[labaja]that is wot i call live show,i have quit going to naija shows cuz they jus mime their songs on stage damn this is wot we do way back in high school,imagine 2face singing african queen with full band on stage.that will be wicked.
Re: Our Musicians Should Learn To Play Live On Stage And Not Otherwise: by pheesayor(m): 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2007
This is actually true,but not for all. I have watched faze perform with a live band on two occassions and it was superb. We need real musicians and not just singers
Re: Our Musicians Should Learn To Play Live On Stage And Not Otherwise: by MoOdYLaDy(f): 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2007
Some of my friends went to 2face concert earlier this here in Maryland, and i heard he was awesome.

I know 2face is capable of performing live on stage, but i can't speak for other artists.
Re: Our Musicians Should Learn To Play Live On Stage And Not Otherwise: by omogenaija(f): 8:23pm On Nov 06, 2007
MoOdYLaDy:

Some of my friends went to 2face concert earlier this here in Maryland, and i heard he was awesome.

I know 2face is capable of performing live on stage, but i can't speak for other artists.

really ? my friend that saw him in NY said he was lip singing , but who really knows ?
Re: Our Musicians Should Learn To Play Live On Stage And Not Otherwise: by iice(f): 10:50am On Nov 07, 2007
I like live shows. . .all with instruments and back ups
There is an energy that just gets you into the music when they perform

Even if it doesn't bring money as much as the other things they do, its good to perform live every once in a while
A chance to connect on a personal level and a way to see how music affects people (from a face to face view)

(1) (Reply)

Did You Attend The Experience Concert At TBS? / Mp3 / Re:up-date On Nigeria Atm Scams: Run For Cover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.