Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks (11577 Views)

Guy With No Car At 26 Irresponsible? Some Girls Still Think Like This In 2016? / A Short Story Of A Promiscuous Guy. (with Photos) / Can You Date A Guy With Any Of These? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Dipwater(m): 10:46am On Mar 18, 2012
@idowuogbo why u no go church u bi muslim
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by martyns303(m): 10:47am On Mar 18, 2012
ah! poster, ur dreadluk luks too rough, the girl's folks won't aprrove with you looking like that. and 2 you ur GF i'll say, if ur boyfriend is 25yrs n above and still dresses like wiz kid, then u need to re-evaluate ur relationship, and give another thought to ur life.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Idowuogbo(f): 10:50am On Mar 18, 2012
Dipwater: @idowuogbo why u no go church u bi muslim
I don go my own na, mine starts 6am. tongue
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 18, 2012
talina:

Its not, but she must stand up for what she wants and believes in based on love and charater dont you think?
U r right.its just that nigeria mainly follow their cultures very seriously...take for an example d punishment laid out 4 gays
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Paentera(m): 10:52am On Mar 18, 2012
OP, ur situation is simpler than you think. I believe you liked something you saw in this girl? So as we guys have always done since time immemorial, do all it takes to get the girl. In other words, cut ur dreads, know her parents, be patient for a few years, marry her then later on you can grow your dreads again, well except ure also not interested in her which is what I believe is the situation. You're not in love with her - you're just passing time with her, else you would do all it takes to get her.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Dipwater(m): 11:04am On Mar 18, 2012
@martyns303 dnt make me laugh. Have ever trvelled in ur life don't tell me u ave not seen people above 40 yrs wit tatoos and dredlocks. U don't have to judge poeple dat way it is alifestyle period there is no where inthe world where evribody wuld like same thngs people are just diff period
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Dipwater(m): 11:19am On Mar 18, 2012
In this pissed of country wat we no how to do is steal(govt) deceive (pastors) judge and judge and condem. Distroy wat they can neva build in their life(jurnalist painting actors actresses musicians bad) cheat, eenvy. And talk poeple down its appalling we shuld. Learn to change our inside man first b4 anythng my advice to naija yuth u musnt like evrithng u see but learn to appreciate people don't condmn or reign abuses on people just to make u happy. Some people here are old enuff to be ur uncle. No disrespect it a demonic culture to. Make jest of people let's show luv to one anoda iluv nl and I think some people are not meant to be here thanks
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by martyns303(m): 11:59am On Mar 18, 2012
sir, ur in a society where the social and cultural norm dont accept such, conform urself to ur society and stop dreaming "outside" of it, yes i've seen folks who are over 40 with dreadluks with tats, sounds more like charlie boy, but would you not prefer the personality of Frank Edoho instead of charlie boy? i dnt knw if am making sense, m2c.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Sike(m): 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2012
The way you dress is the way you'll be addressed.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Dipwater(m): 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2012
I wuld prefer charlie boy
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Pakavy(m): 3:26pm On Mar 18, 2012
Dipwater: @pakavy. Are u broke
yep wanna help out?!
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Pakavy(m): 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2012
Idowuogbo:
I don go my own na, mine starts 6am. tongue
so dem no preach say make u luv pakavy lyk u luv urself?!
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Idowuogbo(f): 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2012
Pakavy: so dem no preach say make u luv pakavy lyk u luv urself?!
From where to where, na jazz?

No b shrine I go pray na.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Pakavy(m): 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2012
Idowuogbo:
From where to where, na jazz?

No b shrine I go pray na.
ur eyes sef na shrine!!c how dey hypotonize me!na jazz b dat?! cheesy
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by InkedNerd(f): 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2012
[@OP: How do you care for your locs in Nigeria? Do you go to a loctician or do you do it on your own?

antitpiah:

WHose face? Tpiahs face or Fstrangers

Take your pick my friend.

Idowuogbo:

Mehnn Inky don't tempt me, i might just get u wet wiv my bros pics.

The guys dreads gets us VIP loolzzz

Oya, bring am o! I'm totally single kiss

I always a guy with some nice sexy locs.

Chuks84: Most people supporting the op are nigerians in diaspora whose mentality have already been warped by the western world. Let's face the fact, no one will take you serious with your dreads in nigeria, you won't get a job in any corporate firm in 9ja looking like that. Its only 3 sets of people that carry dreads in the country. Those into entertainment, sportsmen and irresponsible fellows. The op confirmed it himself when he said the old people hate him. If you really loved your girl you would have shaved the dreads. Like every country, Nigeria has socio cultural values that ought to be adhered to. The public opinion of dreadlocked fellows is that they are irresponsible unless they prove otherwise.

My linking locs has nothing to do with me growing up in teh US. Even as a child before I actually knew what locs were, I liked them and was very tolerant of those with locs. My mom had an aunt [who was born and raised in Nigeria] who had locs so for me, it was never a problem or issue for me. As I got older I learned about the history of locs both in Nigeria and other parts of the world.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Laurel28(f): 4:41pm On Mar 18, 2012
My dad got dread locks and blive me u wud admire him wen u c him.he is a carbon copy of bob marly
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Idowuogbo(f): 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2012
Pakavy: ur eyes sef na shrine!!c how dey hypotonize me!na jazz b dat?! cheesy

Hehehehehee

U not serious I swear
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by cynthiafred67(f): 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2012
@op
No i can't marry a guy with da-da oh! undecided
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Pakavy(m): 7:23pm On Mar 18, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Hehehehehee

U not serious I swear
i serious pass retrovirus.walahi!!
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Pakavy(m): 7:26pm On Mar 18, 2012
Laurel28: My dad got dread locks and blive me u wud admire him wen u c him.he is a carbon copy of bob marly
xcept dat he doesnt smoke ganja..does he?!
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by InkedNerd(f): 7:36pm On Mar 18, 2012
It's funny how people here would be quick to say that they don't like being stereotyped yet their quick to place them on others.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Idowuogbo(f): 7:45pm On Mar 18, 2012
Pakavy: i serious pass retrovirus.walahi!!

Hmmmm interesting!
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Dipwater(m): 8:19pm On Mar 18, 2012
@ inked nerd its difficult to find some1 here dat can do it the way u ll like it my former locs I made it myself it wuz cool. I cut it cuz I went 4 a job interview. But now I am so bizzy gat no time to do it my self
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by shilling(f): 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2012
That was a silly excuse to dump you, sorry!

Also, how do your dreads look? Hope you're taking real good care of them. I recently got dreads, and I'm sure you know this but you gotta keep your scalp moisturized and your hair smelling nice like 24/7.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by InkedNerd(f): 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2012
Dipwater: @ inked nerd its difficult to find some1 here dat can do it the way u ll like it my former locs I made it myself it wuz cool. I cut it cuz I went 4 a job interview. But now I am so bizzy gat no time to do it my self

Awww, sorry to hear that. There was a thread last year that I posted links to about caring for loced hair in Nigeria. If i can find it, I'll post the link on this thread.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Prettilex(f): 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2012
I can't,dreadlocks? Plssss. Even if he is nice or wonderful,it sure doesn't say well,looks matters.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Dipwater(m): 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2012
@ shilling I think u misundertood wat I said. Read very well b4 u post. Try and post ur real pic let's see ur dred

I think I ll open a new thread. Wher we wuld dis cuss why piple don't like pasting their real pics I wunder wat they are hiding. Una be convict sef
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by inas911(m): 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2012
DADA na DADA. Forget that dread lock as you people call it. If my sister brings a poor DADA man to the house, i go pursue the two of them with hot water but if she brings a Rich DADA, Na wa o! We go accepts am as long as him go pay us better money to carry by roseroise.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Idowuogbo(f): 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2012
Dipwater:
@ shilling I think u misundertood wat I said. Read very well b4 u post. Try and post ur real pic let's see ur dred

I think I ll open a new thread. Wher we wuld dis cuss why piple don't like pasting their real pics I wunder wat they are hiding. Una be convict sef

Babalawo don begin browse na

I love my life mehnnnn! grin
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Ninilowo(m): 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2012
Is d dreadlock spiritual or natural? If ur answer is NO then u dont love the girl. If u do u can easily do away with the dreadlock. But hear this : the one you are going out with now will one day dump you. Just imagine a scenario where people are introducing their husbands and ur wife introduces you and ONLY YOU stands up with dreadlock. N yan ma.
Is d dreadlock spiritual or natural? If ur answer us NO then u dont love the girl. If u do u can easily do away with the dreadlock. But hear this : the one the one you are going out with now will one day dump you. Just imagine a scenario where people are introducing their husbands and ur wife introduces you and ONLY YOU stands up with dreadlock. N yan ma.
Is d dreadlock spiritual or natural? If ur answer us NO then u dont love the girl. If u do u can easily do away with the dreadlock. But hear this : the one the one you are going out with now will one day dump you. Just imagine a scenario where people are introducing their husbands and ur wife introduces you and ONLY YOU stands up with dreadlock. N yan ma.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Flygeriana(m): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2012
Hell of a noise.
Re: Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy With Dreadlocks by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 18, 2012
Yes. I have a thing for chocolate men and dreads. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Women, If You Want To Keep Your Marriage Or Relationship, Stay In Your Lane / Nairalanders official Pool Party Announcement / Ways To Meet A Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.