Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,484 members, 7,770,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:50 AM

Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe (13487 Views)

Okowa’s Defence Lawyer Loses N44.6m In Delta Hotel / Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria / Arunma Oteh - SEC DG Sent On Compulsory Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by manchy7531: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2012
The embattled SEC boss who has been shown to abuse her office threw mud at the lawmakers grilling her
Under fire Director General of the Security and Exchange Commission, Arunma Oteh, fought back fiercely today after being accused by lawmakers for abusing her office and embarking on limitless spending.

Today, Ms. Oteh said the lawmakers are furious at her because she turned down the request of the chairman, House capital market committee, Hernan Hembe, for a N44million tip.

Ms Oteh said the lawmaker first asked for N39 million to defray the cost of the ongoing public hearing, and when she denied, the chairman asked for N5million.

That was in addition to the commission sponsoring a foreign trip for members of the committee, and paying them estacodes.

The hefty accusations have unsettled the mood at the hearing, which is being beamed live on television, and lawmakers are scrambling to play down the concerns.

After the allegations were made, Mr. Hembe asked to identify representatives of the EFCC and the ICPC at the hearing, and said he was surrendering himself to their probe over the charges.
Lawmakers discussed informally the possibilities of containing the news, with senior members questioning why the event was screened live in the first instance.

Premium could not ascertain the veracity of Ms. Oteh's allegation against the lawmaker but sources close to her said she arrived the hearing today fuming and threatening that she would unsettle the lawmakers and make them pay dearly for humiliating her Wednesday.

More to come...

Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Mowire: 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2012
I hope she has proof, otherwise she'added gasolin to the fire trying to consume her.

1 Like

Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by naijaking1: 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2012
Gob bless the beautiful Arumma Oteh. Nigerians just don't know how sick every branch of their government is, really.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Odutodaiwa: 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2012
God knows the Nigerian Nation is forked!!!. We are indeed sick in Nigeria. There is no gainsaying that we are ruled by the worst of us. Infact, I am beginning to think that our leaders have not yet evolved into human. They are substantially baboons with some fleshy garment of humans.

Imagine. The accused and the accusers are criminals.

1 Like

Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2012
And then the hunter became the hunted grin grin grin

Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by naijaking1: 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2012
How do we get to the truth?
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by juman(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2012
naijaking1: Gob bless the beautiful Arumma Oteh. Nigerians just don't know how sick every branch of their government is, really.

Most of them are not representing us they are there to enrich themselves.

Break nigeria Break. This is directionless country.

The national assembly is a big joke.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 15, 2012
Brave, she doesn't have to fret, her courage and knowing she is telling the truth will see her through.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by IYANGBALI: 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2012
i like her gut,but i hope she has something to prove her case
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by JUO(m): 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2012
LOL HUMMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Reference(m): 6:30pm On Mar 15, 2012
Criminal woman who has spent 30 million on hotel bills over the last 9 months and is billing us over 800,000 a day on feeding. In a proper society she should be singing from an interrogation room. Disgusting criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by kizito96(m): 6:32pm On Mar 15, 2012
She is saying the truth
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by tuniski: 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2012
Good when because of one kangaroo probe, a group of self serving and self seeking legislators begin to yarn any how forgeting that it is only a foolish criminal that will think that since he wasnt seen he can accuse his conspirators without a fight back. i am sad for naija!
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by djojo(m): 6:34pm On Mar 15, 2012
I hope she av a very concreate prove otherwise those baboons will punish her seriously
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by otokx(m): 6:34pm On Mar 15, 2012
Hope she has proof
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by deekseen(m): 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2012
It is not by counter accusing the committee that she will win this battle. She needs to have very solid proofs, else these lawmakers will grind her and make her blood evaporate. BTW, even if she has very solid proofs, these guys know how to make all these go away with a sneeze. Nigeria, i still hail thee.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by chuks49(m): 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2012
Congregation of ROGUES
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by styles2009: 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2012
@ All those asking for Nigeria to break,if it does, those corrupt element would still be incharge of the treasury, first ask for these element to land in Jail and barred from involving in Politics.
As for this woman not bowing to pressure, please we ask for EfCC to do something, not just paper talk as usual.

Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by adconline(m): 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2012
Did she UNLAWFULLY spend the amount she's being accused of by lawmakers? If yes, she's guilty as charged. It doe not mean that her allegations are unfounded, but it shows that lawmakers could also be guilty as alleged.
BTW, why is she telling us now after going before the house? Telling us after the fact. She should have gone public like El-Rufai and Sanusi!
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by niddamugu(m): 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2012
Just make everything complicated and create distractions here and there.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by aspabay(m): 6:57pm On Mar 15, 2012
Whether she's †ђε truth or not, one thing is certain, someone is lying. What a nation.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:01pm On Mar 15, 2012
"...but sources close to her said she arrived the hearing today fuming..."

Hehehe. grin Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!!! She's on the warpath. grin
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Boboribo: 7:03pm On Mar 15, 2012
I de shame for this country. Does she think a counter accusation is a defence in law? Or she is just clutching at straws.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Bisichi(m): 7:05pm On Mar 15, 2012
Hmmm, Nigerian leaders na wao
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by ChuckD2(m): 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2012
madam oteh, i hope say you get proof? else, wetin you do now is tantamount to "running your mouth". I sincerely pray say you get proof, i go like this. If na ordinary mouth you just make, your own don finish!
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by badesco(m): 7:09pm On Mar 15, 2012
Let nobody cast any aspersion on her at the moment until after the allegations had been substantiated or otherwise. But we should remember that anything goes in that useless house of useless representative, they are the most corrupt persons in this country. Probably because she did not accede to their crazy demand hence their humiliation of the lady.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 15, 2012
Please who is decievin who here both dat woman aπϑ d house of reps are both criminals__
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by theking5: 7:12pm On Mar 15, 2012
The woman is saying d truth, i watched d programme, d way d chairman of d panel was behaving towards her, u wil suspect dt something is wrong, even if there is no physical proof, she cant just come and be making such allegation, u cant imagine dis illitrate just bcs one godfather settled him wit dis political position, he now thinks he can use it to intimidate those who worked hard to be where they are, d guy cannot even speak gd english, and if his coaleagues wants to contribute, he shuns them, just bcs he has something to grind wit d D.G, left for me dt panel shld be scrapped, bcs d members has compromised themselves, bcs we know they are only working for their pocket, u cant bring all directors of d commision to come their, in d name of probe, and destroy our economy.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by theking5: 7:17pm On Mar 15, 2012
The woman is saying d truth, i watched d programme, d way d chairman of d panel was behaving towards her, u wil suspect dt something is wrong, even if there is no physical proof, she cant just come and be making such allegation, u cant imagine dis illitrate just bcs one godfather settled him wit dis political position, he now thinks he can use it to intimidate those who worked hard to be where they are, d guy cannot even speak gd english, and if his coaleagues wants to contribute, he shuns them, just bcs he has something to grind wit d D.G, left for me dt panel shld be scrapped, bcs d members has compromised themselves, bcs we know they are only working for their pocket, u cant bring all directors of d commision to come their, in d name of probe, and destroy our economy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nduka Obaigbena Surrenders To EFCC For Questioning / Buhari Swears In Elias Mbam As Chairman, Others As Commissioners Of RMAFC / Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.