Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? (34141 Views)

Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos / Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2012
Which is more sane, developed and planned? I give it to owerri. I just think port harcourt is overrated. Besides rochas is putting in serious work. He has done more in less than one year than peter obi has done in 6 years and ochendo in 5 years.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Afam4eva(m): 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2012
Owerri is more sane, and well planned but port-hacourt has more value.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Onlytruth(m): 4:51pm On Mar 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Which is more sane, developed and planned? I give it to owerri. I just think port harcourt is overrated. Besides rochas is putting in serious work. He has done more in less than one year than peter obi has done in 6 years and ochendo in 5 years.

Nwanne, you started a thread, and then went ahead to poison it ahead of time by bringing in the governors of unconcerned states. Nna I honestly don't know how some of you think.
Sometimes I think you are not Igbos. Honestly. sad
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Abagworo(m): 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2012
afam4eva: Owerri is more sane, and well planned but port-hacourt has more value.

And to add Port Harcourt is 6 times more populated. Port Harcourt is also far more civilized as it hosts people from all parts of the world. Owerri is more beautiful and spacious though.

They cannot be compared until Owerri extends to Orlu, Umuneke Ngor ,Umuagwo, Awaka and Anara. That is about the size of Port Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Fhemmmy: 6:13pm On Mar 16, 2012
Never been to either, so dont know, but have sold rides to both . . . I will glue to this thread to learn. . . . . . .
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by chuks49(m): 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2012
P town
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by IFYDURU: 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2012
ph of coz
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by bizybrain(m): 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2012
No doubt owerri is developing but gotta hand it to PH cos they were developed n still r inspite corruption n its development is spreading plus it has industries n companies that employs both within n outside its environs. And if u ask anybody outside this country for the first five famous cities PH will come up. I must confess he has done marvelously within a short period.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2012
afam4eva: Owerri is more sane, and well planned but port-hacourt has more value.

Please answer the question and quit the verbosity.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mikuz(m): 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2012
Its more than obvious. Port Harcourt is far more developed.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2012
Onlytruth:

Nwanne, you started a thread, and then went ahead to poison it ahead of time by bringing in the governors of unconcerned states. Nna I honestly don't know how some of you think.

Pathetic
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Martini101(m): 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2012
Op. This is like asking, who is tighter between a Virgin and a non virgin! PH is more Developed than Owerri. I guess U havnt been to both. Sorry 4 my choice of words.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2012
Porth Harcourt.... Argueably
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by pek(m): 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2012
Goliath and David, who is bigger?
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Marlboro1: 6:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
Oh common maan! Owerri is a lot younger than PH and therefore cant compare favorably. PH has all these oil companies, federal establishments, international corporations and the attendant expatriate population bringing their foreign exchange into the city. Owerri is only a product of Igbo self-help can-do spirit
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2012
pek: Goliath and David, who is bigger?

Complacency
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Zenakoboko(m): 6:47pm On Mar 16, 2012
Afam even before orlu, Anara and the rest. What's wrong with getting the city planned up to Egbu, Irete, Avu/Obinze, Nekede etc.
Late Sam Mbakwe did his mighty bit and our past leaders have been resting on their oars. I pray the rescue team can expand the town, it may be beautiful and planned, but it is getting really over crowded too (have you been there lately during peak periods on a working day? You would ask probably beg for a new word to describe mad traffic.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ibangap(m): 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2012
Na which kind comparism be dis 1 sef.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by kizito96(m): 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
Every body is talking out of sentiment
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2012
Op's stoopid
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2012
Anybody saying ph is more beautiful and well planned has clearly not been to owerri. Ph is just overrated. I have lived in both states well to know. Owerri has a more beautiful landscape, just that they dont have oil companies and maybe industries. Can you compare the 5 star hotels in owerri or the decorated pathways to the madness in ph? Ph is just an industrial state
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 7:02pm On Mar 16, 2012
If you have not stepped out of ph or been to owerri in your life stfu. You immobile cun/ts
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by dadicvila(m): 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:
you must be on drugs,you mentioned Ochendu and Peter Obi,why not compare Owerri with Umuahia or Awkayou can not compare Owerri to Port harcourt,dont ridicule yourself in public,how many multi nationals have their offices in Owerri??have you be been to trans amadi b4??ask questions my brother rather than appearing stupid in public
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by SamMilla1(m): 7:05pm On Mar 16, 2012
PH is big but almost big for nothing. After the major Aba road, i dont see anything beautiful about ph again, owerri is small compared to ph but atleast a little more organized.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Anybody saying ph is more beautiful and well planned has clearly not been to owerri. Ph is just overrated. I have lived in both states well to know. Owerri has a more beautiful landscape, just that they dont have oil companies and maybe industries. Can you compare the 5 star hotels in owerri or the decorated pathways to the madness in ph? Ph is just an industrial state

Please shut up.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
[quote author=dadicvila]you must be on drugs,you mentioned Ochendu and Peter Obi,why not compare Owerri with Umuahia or Awkayou can not compare Owerri to Port harcourt,dont ridicule yourself in public,how many multi nationals have their offices in Owerri??have you be been to trans amadi b4??ask questions my brother rather than appearing stupid in public [/quotHahahahhahaha
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ejine(m): 7:10pm On Mar 16, 2012
dadicvila: you must be on drugs,you mentioned Ochendu and Peter Obi,why not compare Owerri with Umuahia or Awkayou can not compare Owerri to Port harcourt,dont ridicule yourself in public,how many multi nationals have their offices in Owerri??have you be been to trans amadi b4??ask questions my brother rather than appearing stupid in public

Dude, I think he's talking about the calmness, cleanliness and sanity of the two places which Owerri wins hands down. But as for financial and commercial value, Port Harcourt is KING!
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 7:10pm On Mar 16, 2012
Onlytruth:

if anybody is poisoned cuz I said obi and ochendo are grossly underperforming. I hope the person dies of overdose of it. Am tired of igbo leaders hiding under the claus of igbo unity to milk its people dry. Its rather pathetic that while other zones are progressing economically you guys are here screaming igbo unity. Phuckouttahere
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Commander12: 7:12pm On Mar 16, 2012
They cannot be compared until Owerri extends to Orlu, Umuneke Ngor ,Umuagwo, Awaka and Anara. That is about the size of Port Harcourt.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by DualCore1: 7:12pm On Mar 16, 2012
I hear you guys at Owerri got just Hotels everywhere. . . like a hotel per nepa pole. Hotels and "19" men. tongue

I hope what I heard was a joke grin. . . but I doubt it was. FUTO'ites have no sense of humor to throw a joke. Bite Bash me.

Besides putting Owerri and PH on the same scale is an unfair low blow to Owerri.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ejiné:

Dude, I think he's talking about the calmness, cleanliness and sanity of the two places which Owerri wins hands down. But as for financial and commercial value, Port Harcourt is KING!
don't mind the idiots who have their brains in their azz. There is virtually no place I have not been to in ph. No notable building. Yes ph is commercially rewarding because of oil companies and oil contracts trickling down, but it doesnt automatically lead to a well planned, beautiful and sane city which owerri is.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 7:24pm On Mar 16, 2012
You just have people who have never travelled their lives and will never travel; who hear about events outside their locations on TV and newspapers coming here to say rubbish. I need people who have been to both locations to comment. Take your borokiri, woji, rumuomasi and creeks azz out of here.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Before The Honeymoon Ends In Divorce, Simon Kolawole Warns Buhari / Ijele Speaks Detained For Accusing Evangelist Ebuka Obi Of Fake Miracles / Udom Sacks Ibanga Akpabio, Godswill Akpabio's Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.