Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Is There Harmattan In Your Area? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There Harmattan In Your Area? (3934 Views)

Share With Us What Is Happening In Your Area Right Now / Crazy Things People Do During Harmattan Season In Jos / Show Pictures Of Xmas Celebration In Your Area. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by PeeBee: 3:13pm On Mar 17, 2012
Noticed it in Abuja for about one week now, cool mornings but very hot and dry during the day.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2012
It is not too late to start planting trees, even as you all destroy the forests to build your homes. There ought to be at least two trees to each house built. At least two good trees, and not until people start taking action, will the climate condition in Nigeria notice improvement. Even if the rest of the world finally finds a way to tackle their own climate problems, Nigeria's problem will remain as long as people continue to cut down our trees and forests for private gain or selfish reasons.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2012
иυмєяσυѕ™:
The heat here in Edo state is just too much

Instead of simply complaining, plant trees. The solution really starts with that simple action.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by achi4u(m): 3:29pm On Mar 17, 2012
here in Abakakaliki heat won burn us like corn.rain no even wan fall
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by Raxxye(m): 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2012
The thought of this new NL gives me stomach upset! I don‘t feel like contributing at all.
Anyway, it‘s very hot here in PH.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by malaria(f): 3:34pm On Mar 17, 2012
akj26: cool D same thing here in Jigawa, not only breeze but with sand.
those dayz we cal it sandstorm
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by cantell(m): 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Instead of simply complaining, plant trees. The solution really starts with that simple action.
So he should plant trees and wait for 3yrs while the heat roasts him like mangala fish?
Nice one.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2012
cantell:
So he should plant trees and wait for 3yrs while the heat roasts him like mangala fish?
Nice one.

Well, look at it this way. Either he plants the tree and gets relief in about 1 or 2 years( many trees actually grow in less than a year and it is possible to purchase a half grown tree these days), or he can continue complaining only getting worse for the rest of his life.

There are NO OTHER solutions to this problem out there. NONE . . not even the advanced countries have been able to get around the fast that vegetation needs to be restored if we hope to combat the climate change problem. Trees are planted on a regular basis in most developed nations. So, suggesting to someone in an underdeveloped country that he do same is giving him the best, common sense, and easiest solution still out there for all.

So either one chooses to take action or one continues to complain for the rest of one's existence about this.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by Wsd(m): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2012
Hamattan de Jos o, much cold, heavy wind n dust....God help us o cool sad cry cool
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by otokx(m): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2012
Its very hot in Port Harcourt; even at night there is no respite and the blackout from NEPA makes it all the more appalling.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by nasty45(m): 4:53pm On Mar 17, 2012
Cos it's LEAP YR
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by Ibangap(m): 5:14pm On Mar 17, 2012
Smart jeezy: hamattan at dis time of d year in nigeria?impossible...
signs of endtime. grin
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by Kessyy2k4(m): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2012
Hamattan 4 here @zaria no easy o broda! roots de almost remove, evry okada man de use blue surgical mask. Mayb na global wormg
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by toluxa1(m): 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2012
Joey82: Just woke up yesterday to a serious haze and so much breeze in Minna, the dryness could be felt all over the place.
The haze continued today and in the early morning, vehicles had to put on their head lamps to see a distance.
its odd to have harmattan in these parts at the time of the year.
Could it be an effect of global warming?

Yea, I am in Minna too and its been terrible since yesterday. So dusty, breeze and damn hot at the sametime. Can u imagine that kind of combo.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by phonebook: 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2012
its d dust haze in kaduna that's so annoying.i mop my floor like 3 times a day cos of my little explorer,but after 3-4hrs the dust settles as if iv not mopped in a week! okada men now have grey hair and moustache
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by dasparrow: 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2012
Ibanga p:
signs of endtime. grin

That was exactly what came to my mind as well. Signs of the endtimes.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by xynerise: 7:14pm On Mar 17, 2012
Heat don spoil my AC undecided
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by bluejeff(m): 7:50pm On Mar 17, 2012
Since i arrived nysc camp in kaduna, it has been harmattan all the way. Just imagine being on the parade ground outside by 5 a.m.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by Emmyk(m): 8:02pm On Mar 17, 2012
Lol. The heat at mid-day is getting intense on my skin here o. #Anyigba,Kogi State
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by Nwunuken(m): 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2012
Smart jeezy: hamattan at dis time of d year in nigeria?impossible...
there is hamattan right now in makurdi.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by Bright2(m): 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2012
Yes in Benue state particulerly Gboko area,we noticed it for 2 weeks till present.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by bakila: 8:46pm On Mar 17, 2012
ZUBY77: It is a result of the drought sent by the west to curb boko haram activities. If you are a Christia, start running like Usain Bolt.
boko haram have declared that those who qoute them stupidly will lose their genitals. Check yours is it still in place or gone to boko.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by bakila: 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2012
bluejeff: Since i arrived nysc camp in kaduna, it has been harmattan all the way. Just imagine being on the parade ground outside by 5 a.m.
Lucky you January would have been more fun.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by chelseabmw(m): 11:12pm On Mar 17, 2012
very hot here in Edo state
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by whirlwind7(m): 5:02am On Mar 18, 2012
@ Kobojunkie: You are so right on that point.
Re: Is There Harmattan In Your Area? by Muriwest(m): 2:45pm On Mar 18, 2012
Mehn, d weda in kano is very bad 4d health, d dust dis mawnin is jst 2much, dat i decided 2 stay indoor all day

(1) (2) (Reply)

Living In Kuje, Abuja / Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN / Will You Rather Get Another African Country Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.