Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? (1370 Views)

15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children / Caught My Neighbour's Kids Having Sex...should I Tell Their Parents? / Few Tips For Husbands Of Pregnant Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2012
Hello Nlers,

Two weeks ago i was with my cousin and his wife asked him to buy meat for cooking, the guy came back and instruct the wife to be economical with the meat, that he bought the meat x naira. The woman flared up, for more than 1 hour she was shouting, trying to bring down the whole roof it got to the extent that the issue nearly tore apart 22years of marriage.Later i inquire from the wife why so much anger, the woman said since january she has been the one providing the food for the kids while should my cousin even mention the amount he bought it? is he taking her for a fool? and is the meat not going to be used for everybody?.the wife swore that anyday he mentions the price of any household goods he bought she is going to destroy that thing in front of him.see gbese o. lol

my question is, is it wrong for husbands to mention the price they buy any household goods to their wives?or is the woman just overreacting?personally i dont see anything wrong in what my cousin did i think the woman overreacted.please nairalanders whats your opinion to this? mature response will be appreciated as this will help the unmarried people on marriage issues.
Re: Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 17, 2012
Re: Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? by harakiri(m): 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2012
Mkpakala: Hello Nlers,

Two weeks ago i was with my cousin and his wife asked him to buy meat for cooking, the guy came back and instruct the wife to be economical with the meat, that he bought the meat x naira. The woman flared up, for more than 1 hour she was shouting, trying to bring down the whole roof it got to the extent that the issue nearly tore apart 22years of marriage.Later i inquire from the wife why so much anger, the woman said since january she has been the one providing the food for the kids while should my cousin even mention the amount he bought it? is he taking her for a fool? and is the meat not going to be used for everybody?.the wife swore that anyday he mentions the price of any household goods he bought she is going to destroy that thing in front of him.see gbese o. lol

my question is, is it wrong for husbands to mention the price they buy any household goods to their wives?or is the woman just overreacting?personally i dont see anything wrong in what my cousin did i think the woman overreacted.please nairalanders whats your opinion to this? mature response will be appreciated as this will help the unmarried people on marriage issues.

As Madam CC pointed out, there is more to this issue than the price of beef or garri in the market.
Re: Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? by blank(f): 3:14pm On Mar 17, 2012
The post is so funny. I have not laughed like this in a long while. Something more than the price of foodstuff is up. I prefer being told the price of things so I can mentally guage if he has been cheated or not.
Re: Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? by EasyNaija(m): 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2012
There's really no point. Only tell her if she asks.
By the way, why did he buy beef? what did he expect? smiley
Re: Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 17, 2012
There was no prior issue, the wife felt she has been spending more than the guy, according to her mentioning the price is a way of showing he has spent a lot without him considering that she is spending from another angle also telling her to be economical implied she is being wasteful.

maybe the choice of relating it is what matters sometimes they feel that mentioning the price is a way of showing that you have done a very big something for them which to her is your normal responsibility.probably you only tell them if they ask
Re: Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? by ifyalways(f): 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2012
I don't think there was an issue proir the 'meat incident'.The man is a foooolish miser feeling wise.

The wife has been feeding him and the family fat from her own pocket,he managed to provide for a single day and wants the meat counted and cut very tiny.

When he was enjoying big pieces of meat from the wife's pocket were was this wisdom of solomon of his?yeye,stingy man.
Re: Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? by Fhemmmy: 7:30pm On Mar 18, 2012
I dont think the issue here is about telling the wife the cost of what was bought, but what was said and how it is said, from what i read . . seems like the man was making her feel like a wasteful person.
Re: Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? by aleroo(f): 2:17pm On Mar 20, 2012
EasyNaija: There's really no point. Only tell her if she asks.
By the way, why did he buy beef? what did he expect? smiley

No pun intended abi? nice one
Re: Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2012
Ify I agree, even though she may have over reacted, i dont think she was screaming at the price but rather at the fact that she had been selflesssly buying meat and food for over 3 months and he buys for 1 day and comes to warn her, she may have felt taken for granted.
Men However do not know how to price foodstuff, we women do not know how to deal with mechanics, I use to push my mouth when my husband buys stuff for the house and tells me how much he bought it until he traveled and i went to buy something to be fixed in the car, when he came back and I told him how much i bought it and paid the mechanice he almost had a heart attack, lol, I felt so foolish and taken advantage off and understood how he feels each time he buys stuff and i ask for the price and complain so since that day if he goes out of his way to buy stuff instead of asking for the price and sticking out my mouth, I smile say "thank you" and good job dear.
Re: Is It Right For Husbands To Tell Their Wives The Price Of Things They Bought? by afrobaby(f): 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2012
lol, funny post, @op, dia is nothing absolutely wrong in telling, but from the fact that it is the woman that has been feeding the faamily before(the woman is now the husband), maybe she just wanna show u that she is the controller of her home and her husband, possibly, since I dont have a full detail of what has been oing on since, my comments are limited

(1) (Reply)

Would U Allow Your Mother In-law Live With You After Your Wedding Day / Where Did You Meet Your Partner? / Please I Need Advice On What To Do!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.