Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide (13565 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Jonathan's Former Aide Reno Omokri Set To Release A New Book -Pictured / Oluwole Awolowo Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by mukina2: 4:06pm On Mar 17, 2012
An Egba High Chief and the Promoter of the Abeokuta golf resort, Apagun Oluwole Olumide is dead.

The Apagun Pote of Egbaland and an associate of former governor of Ogun state, Gbenga Daniel, allegedly committed suicide by drowning himself in an artificial lake located at the golf resort at about 10 p.m. on Friday.

The deceased was being investigated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for his roles in the controversial Golf Resort hotel in Abeokuta, which has pitched the former governor and his associates against the Ogun state government.

The body of the late Chief was recovered about 12 hours after he allegedly plunged into the artificial lake by local divers assisted by men and officers of the Ogun state fire services.

One of the early callers at the scene of the incident was the former governor of the state, Chief Olusegun Osoba who described the incident as “highly unfortunate”

Efforts to get the reaction of the newly posted Commissioner of police in the state, Ikemefuna Okoye proved abortive as he declined comment on the incident.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/17/former-aide-to-gbenga-daniel-apagun-oluwole-olumide-dies-mysteriously/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Mar 17, 2012
How can he die 'mysteriously' if it is alleged that he committed suicide? These titles na wa . . .

All the authorities need to is perform an autopsy to confirm cause of death at least. If im no kill imself then it was probably a homicide . . . nothing mysterious about that either.

Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by Afam4eva(m): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2012
There's something amiss here. is he not one of the people that EFCC was going to question?
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by juman(m): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2012
Hmmm, committed suicide??
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by scopusng(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2012
Did you say'mysteriously'?

naija
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by mercenaryx(m): 4:24pm On Mar 17, 2012
Kobojunkie: How can he die 'mysteriously' if it is alleged that he committed suicide? These titles na wa . . .

All the authorities need to is perform an autopsy to confirm cause of death at least. If im no kill imself then it was probably a homicide . . . nothing mysterious about that either.

My guy you shouldn't be surprise! Nigeria media packages are confuse and they need reformation.
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by lerin515: 4:26pm On Mar 17, 2012
kiss cryNawa for niija
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by nasty45(m): 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2012
I smell sth fishy.hmmmm
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by jajad: 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2012
" Drowned himself"? Is that even possible?
Someone's taken the guy out. Shame. Nigeria is becoming Russia.
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by Carmall(m): 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2012
Is it nigerian leaders that cant resign frm office, that will resign frm life...i sense foul play there...
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by andyanders: 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2012
The guy must have been taken out of this country, just like Gloria Okon during Babaginda regime. Let them check properly to find out if truly he is the one that died. They can get a replica of him, kill him and drop into the lake and claim he is the one that died.

This country is full of shi-----t. People can act anything.Gbenga Daniel can do anything to make sure that he is not convicted. I know this must have been a plan by someone.
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by Jakumo(m): 4:53pm On Mar 17, 2012
The lakes in most golf courses are chest-deep at the most, so there is NO depth for anyone to "plunge into" as purported by the press report of this suspicious incident.

More likely the victim was knocked unconscious with a golf club by an assassin dressed as a caddy, and then dragged into the pool for a quiet drowning death. He knew too much, and he was sent to join his ancestors where his silence can be guaranteed.

3 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by BlackPikiN(m): 5:01pm On Mar 17, 2012
Murder was the case!
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by Ibangap(m): 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2012
I guess he knows too much, so dey silenced him before he starts singing.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by theviper1: 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2012
a grown arse adult drowning in a golf resort's artificial lake? sounds too artificial to me .more like sme1 suicided him and packaged the rest of the bullshit in the shape of suicide.when i saw the headline,i thought that the dude probably hung himself or blew his brains all over his dinner table. abeg make them question GD well well.he musta known smething that both us and the cops doesnt.
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by KayDee4: 5:16pm On Mar 17, 2012
CSI naija.

No autopsy will be carried out and the case will be closed and concluded as 'suicide'.

The naija show goes on . . . .
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by richard69(m): 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2012
A reliable source has it that otunba was already singing hence he had to be taken out.
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by richard69(m): 5:25pm On Mar 17, 2012
andyanders: The guy must have been taken out of this country, just like Gloria Okon during Babaginda regime. Let them check properly to find out if truly he is the one that died. They can get a replica of him, kill him and drop into the lake and claim he is the one that died.

This country is full of shi-----t. People can act anything.Gbenga Daniel can do anything to make sure that he is not convicted. I know this must have been a plan by someone.
you too dey watch movie!
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by MOM1(m): 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2012
God blesses without sorrow.. What a sad way to end

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by sirp2007: 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2012
This is where l love CSI.l smell rat.anyway may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by silvernus0: 5:28pm On Mar 17, 2012
naija man comit suciede ? I dought pls check very well
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by babaowo: 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2012
he!he! Naija and drama!!! I hear naija ? I shivery !!!
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by babaowo: 6:07pm On Mar 17, 2012
I think d best way to ansa a fool is to ignore him/her.
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by noiseless: 6:12pm On Mar 17, 2012
This is why you have to shoot the sherif before he guns you down and claim it was you who shot his deputy. All he needed to do was to open up without being economical with the truth about his thieving boss, then there won't be any need to murder him in that regard.
Re: Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide by wbankz(m): 6:19pm On Mar 17, 2012
N̶̲̥̅̊åå S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ dem go D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ die one after d other thieves make Gbenga self go hug transformer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MEND Threatens To Attack Republic Of Benin Over Asari-Dokubo's Arrest / Buhari Emerges Unopposed In His Bid For Second Term - Bashir Ahmad / Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.